Start by marking “The End of Lies” as Want to Read:
The End of Lies

The End of Lies

My name is Becky. I arrived home to find my husband, Chris, stabbed to death and a gang of men ransacking our house.

Turns out that Chris has something that belongs to them. And if I want to stay alive, I have to find it and return it. They have given me seven days. And a beating.

There is nowhere to hide and no time left to look. So I will stand my ground as the deadline ap
Published December 7th 2017 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about The End of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Lies

Dash fan
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Fast Paced, Thrilling, Edge of your seat Thriller

Wow what an exciting, gripping and thrilling read.

From the very first page my spine was tingling with excitement.
Andrew created the perfect creepy opening scene that was completely unnerving.
From then on I just knew it was going to be one hell of a read and I wasn't disappointed!

Becky comes home to find her door wide open. She thinks she might be going crazy! But knows she would never leave it open.
As she enters the house, things just don't fee
Linda
Librarian On Duty.

Enter: Becky Rose who sorts and catalogues books by day and swears like a smutty-mouthed truck driver at all other times. Can't even find all of her expletives in the dictionary. She's been known to throw back a whiskey or three in the evening hours alongside the love of her life, Chris.

But words will escape Becky as she returns home from the library one evening and spots the back door wide open. Laying on the floor in a widening pool of blood is her husband Chris. Hearing nois
Kathi Defranc
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific,suspenseful story, that had me on the edge of my seat while I read it and I was unable to put it down! A great mystery that reels you in while twisting and turning every which way.
What a dilemma our librarian Becky Rose has for herself, after coming home from work to find her back door wide open, blood around the room and her husband dead on the floor! As different people appear to know what her husband was planning, the killer is hard to guess. Just when you believe that you
Linda Strong
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Becky comes home from work one day to find her husband, Chris, stabbed to death and laying on the floor. There are also several men in the house ... searching for something.

They tell her that her husband has something of theirs and they want it. She has 7 days ..or they're coming back. After describing in detail what they will do to her if she doesn't turn over whatever it is, she panics and turns to her best friend, Sienna, for help.

There are alternating chapters that Becky remembers from the p
sue
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a brilliant thought out plot that keeps getting stronger as you read.
It really kept my attention.

It’s got a super start to it that immediately grabs you.

There’s something dodgy and dangerous that Beckys husband Chris wants to get involved in that would make tons of money but he’s half in half about the deal. Then Becky has thoughts on it. But Chris says it’s better if she doesn’t know things.

She arrives home one day only to find her husband Chris laying dead on the floor.who did this? He
Brenda
When Becky arrived home from work, she found the door ajar and sounds coming from upstairs. But the sight of her husband’s body almost sent her into meltdown. Chris was quite obviously dead, and she knew if she didn’t hide or get away, she would be next.

Becky was given one week to retrieve the information that they hadn’t been able to find at her house – one week to find something - but she had no idea where to start. Becky was terrified; she needed a plan but as her grief threatened to overwhe
Tulay
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down.

First, thank you Kathie Defranc recommending this book to me. Really enjoyed it. Such a thrill ride from the first chapter to the end. What a surprising ending, loved Becky character.
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
The book being set in the city where I live is always going to go down well. Knowing the areas described through out the book really brought the whole story to life.

Becky, what a fabulous character she is. She is one strong and feisty protagonist and I was routing for her right from the start. I think it would be anyone’s worst nightmare to lose a loved one, especially your husband. Chris dying though is only the start of Becky’s nightmare and believe me things are about to get so much worse.

Bec
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This is a killer of a thriller!

I loved every moment spent within the pages of this brilliant novel. It’s got more twists and turns than a roller coaster and did a great job of getting my reading mojo back after somewhat of a slump.

This is no ordinary crime thriller. The plot is fresh and unique, delightfully new and exciting. Crime books can tend to become a bit “same old” and this busts those constraints wide open. It’s exciting and breathtaking, especially the last third of the novel. It would
Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*
The End of Lies, the end of excitement, the end of gasping and cringing, and the end of my first FIVE STAR 2018 book!

What a book to start the year off with. First of all, I'd like to thank Bloodhound Books for sending me a copy via Instafreebie to read in exchange for an honest review.

The End of Lies is a gripping psychological thriller with so many twists and turns that it left me in bookish turmoil! Here's the synopsis:

"My name is Becky. I arrived home to find my husband, Chris, stabbed to dea
Shaghayegh
راجب پليسيه كه كشته ميشه و اتفاقاتي كه بعد مرگش براي هميرش اتفاق ميافته،پايانش غير قابل پيش بيني بود ولي اتفاقاتي كه تو طول كتاب ميافتد عين فيلما بود يعني خلاقيتي نداشت و ميگفتي آره تو فلان فيلم ديده بردم.در كل بد نبود ولي عالي هم نبود،يه لول از متوسط پايين تر بود
PJ
An excellent story. Not his normal CSI story, but a great plot with twists and turns throughout.

Don't start this book unless you have time to finish it. It's hard to put down.

I thought I knew how it was going to end, boy, was I wrong.
Rod
Shelves: thrillers
I received the End of Lies as a pre release read from the author
The End of Lies is a High Octane psychological thriller taking us on more twists and turn than you thought possible.
From go to woe are plunged into plots that change all the time.
you are kept busy through the whole book and you don't find out until the end the outcome.
very well written terrific characters a real page turner.
this book is a cracker one of my best reads of the year
5 stars
Todd Simpson
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book was certainly a surprise, and I loved it. When I first started reading this story, I really thought it was heading in the one direction, however, Andrew Barrett has done an amazing job with the twist and turns throughout the book. Great characters, along with a very edgy plot, made this a very entertaining Thriller.
It’s hard to imagine how you would react if you came home and found your partner dead on the floor, and unfortunately this is exactly what happened to Becky. Could thi
Kath
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of this author, especially his Eddie Collins CSI series so when I heard he had something a little different on offer, I jumped at the chance to read it. With an established and popular character such as Eddie, you may think that this is a brave move by the author, especially considering that the main character herein is a woman but, oh my, this guy is definitely not a jack of all trades! Although there are some who say that Eddie is a bit of a woman sometimes but in this book, Bec ...more
Misfits farm
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do not read this book…… unless you want to be gripped from the go, spun around a few times and thrown completely off course. Think of one of those rides, say at a well known American theme park (see ch16) . You sit in a comfortable seat, feel relaxed and then wonder what on earth happened when you finally come back down to earth. Wow! Becky comes home to find her husband Chris dead and intruders upstairs. she eventually flees but not before a few things have happened. The thing is , her and Chri ...more
David Gilchrist
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will never look at a librarian in the same way again. More twists than in a bowl of spagetti. Some humour, plenty of gruesome scenes. This is a quite a change from this authors normal fare. It works for him and me. I will be looking out for more from him.
Jo
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goodness me. I have just finished and I have no idea how to sum up this book. I'm not keen on swearing, you may not be, but look beyond that, because this book is a cracker. It will take you to a world of killers and women beaters (another thing that had me wincing), to a world of rats and creep crawlies. It will have you holding your breath and exhaling loudly. It will demand to be read, calling you whilst you are meant to be doing other things, it will make you read 'just one more chapter'.
It
Mark
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An exrremely fast paced exciting read that is written in almost ‘chatty’ narrative that draws you in to the story and keeps you there.
A wife returns home from work to find her husband dead,and the man who did it still in the house,looking for something......
Why has been killed,what has he done to warrant this,what is the killer looking for?
All becomes clear as the story unfolds...or does it?
There are plenty of twists and turns and a few times you think you have sussed the ending....then you reac
Kath Middleton
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This stand-alone crime story is told by Becky Rose whose husband Chris, working for the police, has a plan to make them rich. Why should the gangsters be untouchable, he asks. It all goes wrong when Chris is found stabbed to death in their living room and a group of thugs ransack their home looking for something. Becky stands up to a vicious gang boss in terror of her life. Nevertheless, she’s not a likable character.

In this book, Andrew Barrett has created a fast and action-packed story which m
D.l. Edwards
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book 'The End of Lives' to be a real grabber- had me at the first few lines. I liked the fact of a female 'protagonist', ha-ha. I also liked the changes back and forth from present to past; I feel it helped to keep the reader engaged and guessing, although I know some people don't care for that style. As soon as I thought I had the rapid succession of events figured out, up popped another to flummox me. I like the way the main character's personality was revealed in layers, but ev ...more
Jay V
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I came across Andrew Barrett's books! The End of Lies is quite the thriller. It has everything: plot twists all over the place, an insanely wonderful plot, and a female "protagonist" like no other. This is definitely worth a read.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours
Thanks to Bloodhound Books and the author for the advanced copy and the blog blitz spot!

Do you like psychological thrillers that move at a fast pace and keep you guessing? Well, look not further. THE END OF LIES by Andrew Barrett was something I wasn't expecting. When it says there's a twist at the end, there definitely was! I love when a thriller goes in a completely different direction that I was expecting.

Becky is our main character - she's a great female lead. She's feisty and full of person
Emma
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novel. Barrett is very good at writing flawed characters that the reader can empathise with. Fabulous plot twist about three quarters of the way through. If you like crime/mystery/thriller books and haven’t yet read Andrew Barrett you are missing out.
Silver Surfer
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that starts slowly, get’s you engrossed then hits you with an ending you don’t see coming. Again another feisty female. I really liked reading this book and if you like a good thriller then you will too. Highly recommended must read.
Dee Groocock
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful standalone book by Andrew Barrett. Once I started this book, I really did not want to put it down! Full of heart stopping, breath taking moments. There were plenty of twists and turns throughout the story. I absolutely loved this book.
Maureen Taylor
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of the advance reading team, and is the first review i have ever written, so bear with me!

"Oh! what a tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!"
Marmion: Sir Walter Scott

I read the whole book over two evenings and what a rollercoaster of a ride. A woman arrives home to a broken door frame and her husband of 20 years dead on the living room floor, there are also others in the house. She flees the murder scene, followed by one of the intruders and the book
Norma
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Trust me or we're through."
A dramatic and thrilling start to End of Lies has forty six years old librarian, Becky Rose, return home to find her husband, Chris, lying murdered on the floor and unknown men ransacking their house. She barely escapes with her life. She and Chris, who had worked for the police as an intelligence analyst and coordinator, had been married for twenty two years and, as she said, she still 'loved him so much that it hurt.' Despite working hard, they had not been wealthy,
Nancy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Becky: "Throughout this whole charade -and that's exactly what this was, a charade - I'd wrestled to the death with a madman on an old ammunition site, been stabbed in the boob, been beaten up and almost strangled by a copper, been slapped, and stabbed in the neck by my one only true best friend. How much more challenging could life get?"

So said Becky, a self-described librarian with anger issues, after her husband Chris, an intelligence analyst and coordinator, is murdered. And that about sums
Pat
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now this was gooood. It started with a bang and accelerated from there. Becky, a librarian, comes home from work to find her husband dead and strange men searching her house. Apparently her husband had some information they want. They give her a beating and seven days to find the info for them. Becky doesn't know where to start but Becky is clever and she comes up with a plan.

This was so nice and twisty. There are many shocks along the way. Every time you thought you knew what was happening the

• Ice Cold Alice (Tequila Mockingbird, #1)
  • Split Second
  • Primal Nature (The Primal Series #1)
  • Sabel Security Series: Books 1-3 (Sabel Security Boxset)
  • The Towers: DS Connolly - Book One (East End Noir Series)
  • Gone In Seconds (Kate Hanson, #1)
  • Presumed Dead (Carter Blake #5)
  • The Chelsea Strangler (Thomas Chaloner #11)
  • Hellbound
  • Time to Play (The Forensic Files #2)
  • Void
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • The Road Trip
  • Bound
  • St Kilda Blues (Charlie Berlin, #3)
  • Blood Related
  • The Peter Savage Novels Boxed Set: (Books 1-4)
  • What I Never Told You
Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew Barrett and I live and work in West Yorkshire.

My work focuses on the world of Scenes of Crime Officers (SOCOs or CSIs). I try to offer a unique insight into this often dark landscape; after all, I've been doing it as a career for over twenty years.

Thanks for looking,