Start by marking “Young Ebenezer: A New Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
Young Ebenezer: A New Christmas Carol

Young Ebenezer: A New Christmas Carol

Young Ebenezer ~ A New Christmas Carol

This story is a seasonal treat, a modern, lyrical re-telling of the Charles Dickens classic - ‘A Christmas Carol.’

The book is specially designed for families to share during the Holiday Season, or for young competent readers to try for themselves. This is a beautiful ebook to treasure, with full colour images on every page.
Kindle Edition
Published November 16th 2017 by Gillari Books

To ask other readers questions about Young Ebenezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Ebenezer

Start your review of Young Ebenezer: A New Christmas Carol
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A delightful treat for children of all ages!

This modern, lyrical re-telling of the Charles Dickens classic - ‘A Christmas Carol’ is bound to make anyone smile.

Specially designed for families to share during the Holiday Season, or for young readers to try for themselves, this little story has all the markings of a delightful timeless classic.

Clever rhymes accompanied by gorgeous illustrations will not only enchant with a magical tale, but also teach the little ones a little about the consequenc
K.S. Marsden
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young Ebenezer is fated to be fixed in his ways, until a little Christmas magic and Miss Ruby Heart step in.

I received a free audible copy in exchange for an honest review.

This wonderful short story follows a young Ebenezer - a boy who doesn't share his toys, and looks forward to Christmas with greedy demands.
Grandfather Time - a clock whose magic is threaded through many of Rose English's books; decides it is time to stop Ebenezer's ways before it was too late.

The story is light and warm, the p
J.S. Burke
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Young Ebenezer” by Rose English is a modern re-telling of "A Christmas Carol", with a young, spoiled boy as the main character. I love this lyrical story, told as a poem, with its timeless message of sharing and caring. The writing is vivid: “This black hooded figure, filled up the whole room, and the temperature dropped, to that of a tomb.” There’s an illustration on each page opposite a poetry/story page. I bought the paperback for my collection because it’s such a beautiful book.
On My Kindle BR
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received this book as a gift and opted to share a review.

An interesting and contemporary perspective of A Christmas Carol by Dickens! While the classic version uses ghostly guides to help Ebenezer see the error of his ways, English chose a King Charles Spaniel, Miss Ruby Heart, as young Ebenezer's guide. On his journey, Eb sees children playing outside and demonstrating how sharing, caring, and simplicity can make playtime an enjoyable experience.

The images in the book are cute and mesh well
Deb McEwan
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whenever I read a Rose English story I can imagine the setting and the ideal place to read it. Young Ebenezer would be perfect for a cold snowy day, sitting inside with the children by a glowing fire. Written in clever rhyme, Young Ebenezer is taught the consequences of being unkind and selfish.
With the lovely illustrations to complement the story, this book is a treat for children of all ages. Highly recommended.
Rose English
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-by-me
Although this book was written by myself it has been wonderfully narrated by Bill Schafer it is all I could ever have wished for and more. Bringing the story to life.

A real treat for the whole family to listen to. Well worth checking out.

booklover BEV
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just beautiful

This review was written on behalf of myself and my granddaughter Olivia. It's so beautiful for any child or adult to read. Page after page reading a beautiful bedtime story around the Christmas tree. We both adored reading it over and over again.
Robert Southworth
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My boy loved it...

Short and sweet. My 4 year old loved the story and the delightful pictures. I can't argue with his smiling face.

Review by Robert Southworth author of the Ripper Legacies
Chris Turnbull
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got this delightful little book just in time for Christmas and what a little treasure it is. Full of beautiful graphics throughout this story poem is a great modern version of the Charles Dickens classic. A book certainly to be enjoyed by all ages. :)
Katrina
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very cute, fun, and enjoyable update to the Christmas Classic. I'll be sharing with the kids this year at Christmas time I think!
Sara Hill
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a unique retelling of A Christmas Carol. What I love most, is that it is a famous Christmas story as the inspiration but set for Halloween. Kind of like The Nightmare Before Christmas. Is it a Halloween or Christmas movie? The poetry was great and smooth.

Bill Schafer has such a rich, smooth voice. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him and would easily listen to something else narrated by him. He also kept a very steady tempo/pace of the reading.

Fabulously done all around!

I re
Katie
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Young Ebenezer is a rhymed retelling of the Charles Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol, and focuses on a selfish, spoiled boy called Eb who has much to learn if he is to mend his ways.

I thought it was great fun to have contemporary references in such a traditional piece, and enjoyed the opportunity to hear it in a new light. It was nicely done, and very sweet, and I look forward to sharing it with my nieces and nephews who will love the little dog, Miss Ruby Heart.

Unfortunately, it was let down
Alexis
Sep 06, 2019
elaine
is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2020

• Throne of Betrayal (Kingdom of Fairytales: Beauty and the Beast #3)
  • Heir of Beauty (Kingdom of Fairytales: Beauty and the Beast #2)
  • God of Illusion (Kingdom of Fairytales: Beauty and the Beast #4)
  • Tank (Seals in Spain Book 1)
  • Return (Dragonborn #2)
  • The Alehouse Rebellion
  • The Redeemed (The Prime #0.6)
  • Piper's Pond
  • Redeeming Grace (a Halo Christmas Novel Book 1)
  • Dragons Realm
  • King of Beasts (Kingdom of Fairytales: Beauty and the Beast #1)
  • Izzy (The Milf Diaries)
  • Grave (The Sanctuary #1)
  • The Cider of Legend
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Frog and the Lady
  • A Keeper's Tale: The Story of Tomkin and the Dragon
Living on 'England's Green & Pleasant Land', amongst the gentle rolling hills of the Herefordshire Countryside, Rose's house is wall to wall books. She even has a 'leaning tower of paperbacks'.

Rose is a dreamer, preferring a simple & quiet life. Often spending time lone, although never lonely, being ever surrounded by great characters when lost in a good book. She loves theatre and the arts, adori

News & Interviews