Start by marking “Always with You” as Want to Read:
Always with You

Always with You

Sign up to Talia's newsletter to receive this red-hot short for free!

Can friendship survive desire?

Jack Woodborough was eighteen years old when he fell in lust with the girl next door. Seven years later, sweet, shy Cassidy Thomas is still in his life—but Jack knows that all they’ll ever be is friends

Until one red-hot, rainy night throws everything into question.

Cass d
Updated Edition, 37 pages
Published November 16th 2017 by Nixon House (first published August 8th 2017)

Meags
3.5 Stars

Always with You is a wonderfully sweet and deliciously steamy short little best-friends-to-lovers story that will leave you smiling. And best of all, it’s available for free when you subscribe to Talia’s newsletter.
K.J. Charles
A sweet, hot short available free if you sign up to the author's newsletter. It's a nice friends to lovers without much complication, and bursts of the gleeful wit that marks her writing out. I laughed out loud at the epilogue as our heroine, a primary school teacher, runs the Nativity play.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This was a sweet and sexy friends to lovers story. I was engaged from start to finish and it gave me a great taste of Talia Hibbert's writing....which I must say I really like. She knows how to mix humor and heart so well. And the steam....ooooh boy, STEAMY! She's blown up all over my social media feeds this year, and I definitely see why she quickly became a favorite author to so many. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.
Xan West

I liked this one, but I missed the angst & complexity of characters I usually get from Hibbert's books. This was more an erotica short with a touch of romance (especially at the end).

If you want friends to lovers at a novel length, Hibbert wrote an amazing one I adore: Wanna Bet?

Content warnings (view spoiler)
Maria Rose
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
That was a sweet and sexy short story/novella about childhood friends who make the transition to lovers. It's a free story that comes when you sign up for the author's newsletter, and gives a good sense of her writing style. It's a nice read with a sweet HEA.
Amanda
This is a very short novella and Talia’s first book. She’s come a long way in a short time, but the bones of a story are there. It’s very sexy and I love reading about best friends falling in love.
Jinni
My very last available Talia book... I'm devastated, y'all. This is Talia's first work and it's so sweet even in its shortness because it is mainly about two best friends who have feelings. I love a good friends-to-lovers and especially liked this one because there's this first chapter where they're much younger then there's a time skip to see that their friendship only got stronger. I like that Jack and Cassidy know one another but there's still so much to explore in their relationship. I wish ...more
Frida
Hibbert's debut and included when signing up for her newsletter. In the author's note she calls it a "terrible first effort" and a "fond memory". I really like this idea even though, yes, it wasn't that good. I adored A Girl Like Her and can't wait for her next book (which is why I signed up in the first place).
Maz Hedgehog
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

I would love to see more of these two. I think they're a great couple and i am really invested already after these few short pages. And the sex scenes had my cheeks a lil warmer than usual. Talia is freaking amazing 👌👌👌👌
Nicole Field
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an incredibly sweet, short read. It involves a gorgeous black protagonist and the boy she's known forever. Seriously, I love friends to lovers fiction, and this was definitely well written.

Jack realised he was in love with Cassidy when he was eighteen years old. We get the scene of him figuring that out in the prologue of this short. Skip forward seven years and Cassidy has just been broken up with on her birthday, no less. For the first time, Jack's offer to sleep with her comes up ag
Anne
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, romance
When you sign up for Talia Hibbert's newsletter, this short story is sent to you for free!

As a reader, I generally prefer full length novels when it comes to my romances but this was a sweet and steamy bite size story (only 37 pages) about two friends who finally realize they want their friendship to be something more. Hibbert fills the pages with just enough detail to give you a sense of the characters' history with each other and what led them to finally embracing their feelings.

I read my firs
Lisa

TOO SHORT! But still a great introduction to Talia's writing.
Carolina
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TONIGHT SDSBHJBHJBJ.

now if you'll excuse me, i'll be devouring all of talia hibbert's other work.
HTL
Just waaaay too short (freebie).
The_Book_Queen
Currently FREE (11/25-29) http://amzn.to/2zoWRAs
Elke
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Short, sweet and sexy (i mean really pretty hot - cw for explicit sex)
Also best friends to lovers, always a win

(Additional tw for a brief mention of SA that happened off page)
Book  Minx
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute friends to lovers.
Helen Kord
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, contemporary
What a sweet little novella. I even teared up at the end, because I'm a huge romantic mush. Aww that ending.
Anyway this one had much more sex than what I'm used to and than I'd like, but my tolerance for that is very low and to be fair to me, my kindle file didn't show the 'erotic romance' in the title :P Anyway, I'll gladly read anything Talia puts out
Megan
This is a short story that the author gives away with her newsletter. (I bought one of her more recent releases, but I decided to read this first.) It's quick, cute, and hot for what it is--I like how Hibbert established the dynamic between the two protagonists, and her voice is clear, buoyant, and enjoyable--but mostly it made me look forward to reading her longer works, because I enjoyed the humor in the epilogue and the hints of what Hibbert can do with characters whose lives and relationship ...more
Sophie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-f, e-book
A very enjoyable short story you get when you sign up for Talia Hibbert's newsletter. I'm still a bit hesitant when it comes to m/f, but I loved this - it's a sweet and hot friends-to-lovers story. Because of the length, we don't get that much character development, but even though we only spend a very short time with them I had a better idea of what these characters were like and what they felt than in some longer novels I've read. I definitely will read more by her, and I really recommend chec ...more
Brianna
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Oh, this was perfect for what it was!! A very short, sweet, and steamy novella about best friends Jack and Cassidy making that move from friendship into love. i loved how kind and sweet Cassidy was, and Jack was a very goal-oriented, honest, hardworking man. The fact that Cassie was a schoolteacher was awesome, I loved that scene at the end with the school play. I just need more Talia Hibbert stories in my life already!

Diana
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I Want More....

An enjoyable story with memorable characters and a great storyline. I absolutely love this authors realistic writing and her ability to pull me into her stories. Can you write faster please?!!!

I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this book. A MUST read. Thank you
again TH 😁
Elaine Swinney
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. I totally enjoyed it. This is also a quick easy read. Loved the characters. I encourage you to get this book, it's worth your time and effort. Talia Hibbert did a great job with this one. This one leans toward the sweet side of romance instead of the erotic. Every once in a while it's good to read one like this one.
Cammyjoe
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!!

Its a very short story and easy reading, I enjoyed it very much.
I seen Talia's books before,the covers are very appealing, but never had a chance to read them. But I'm glad I did, I'll continue to read them all.
good read!
Lynnai
Way too short

This book was way too short. There really was no detail or buildup. No plot or character development. It was almost like a summary or what you would find in a sample or blurb. I really wish that there was more to this book.
Sammie Shorter
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet

I really love Jack and Cassidy. Their relationship developed from best friends to lovers. Communication is the key to a healthy relationship and I was happy to see them talk through their issue.
Kim F
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Absolutely loved it. Very interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Angie Arnold
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what a cool novella... from being friends for years, it takes a birthday date with the wrong guy to push them together
loved it!!!
Lotta
Short, steamy read that you get for free when you subscribe to the author's newsletter.
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. S