Start by marking “My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)” as Want to Read:
My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)

My Sister's Intended

(Serendipity #1)

For as long as Prudence can remember, it has been understood that her sister will one day wed the eldest son of their nearest neighbor. Such an alliance will benefit both families and bring a great deal of joy to all parents involved.

Unfortunately, Prudence has never been able to feel as joyful. She believes her sister is mad to consider marrying a man she hardly knows, ev
ebook
Published March 2018 by HEA Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Sister's Intended, please sign up.
Rachael Anderson Sorry, only just saw this question. It’s official release date is tomorrow, March 26, but it’s already up on Amazon. Hope you enjoy it! https://www.am…moreSorry, only just saw this question. It’s official release date is tomorrow, March 26, but it’s already up on Amazon. Hope you enjoy it! https://www.amazon.com/My-Sisters-Int...(less)
Match Me if You Can by Lindzee Armstrong#Starstruck by Sariah WilsonThe Sidelined Wife by Jennifer PeelKeep Me At Christmas by Lucinda WhitneyThe Trustworthy Groom by Cami Checketts
2018 Swoony Awards
413 books — 926 voters
Heather and Velvet by Teresa MedeirosPrudence by Gail CarrigerThe Bride Hunt by Jane FeatherThe Wicked Ways of a Duke by Laura Lee GuhrkeHow to Wed a Warrior by Christy English
"Prudence"
105 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Rachael Anderson writes cute, clean romances (she’s recent branched from contemporary romances to light historical ones). The ones I’ve liked, I really enjoyed, but there have been a few mediocre ones mixed in. My Sister’s Intended was more of a miss than a hit. For a change of pace, Prudence is the prettier, more socially adept younger daughter; her older sister Sophia is the heir of the family. For many years their parents and the parents of Lord Brand Knave (there’s a name for you) have plann ...more
Kathy
This book was utterly charming!

I've been looking forward to reading this one for a long time and was so excited when I finally got my hands on a copy. It was spring break here last week so I had to squeeze in reading time when I could and finally was able to sit down last night and devour this book.

Prudence is such a likable character, I connected with her right from the start. I loved her passion for books, romance and her desire to one day become a published author. She has to keep all of th
Kathy
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah, perfection! Seriously this is so good!

I wouldn't change a thing about this book. Often when I read a book there is something I would change about it. That is not the case with My Sister's Intended. I was lucky and had a chance to beta read this book and provide feedback. There was absolutely nothing I could give other than don't change a thing I love it just as it is.

Perfect mix of humor and romance. I adored Prudence and Brand and loved watching their relationship develop through surreptit
Julie Carpenter
I think the sign of a good book is when you've finished the last page and want to go right back to the beginning and read it all over again. Even when you know what's going to happen, you want to go be with those characters and experience all the ups and downs and firsts of everything, a second time. And a third, fourth, fifth, etc.

When I turned to the last page, I had this goofy grin on my face. I absolutely adored this book. I sat in kind of a stupor for a minute rethinking parts of it and ha
Jacob Proffitt
I had a really hard time getting into this story and eventually crashed out of it. I huge part of that is how careless Anderson is with the period. That carelessness is particularly evident with the main character, Prudence. She asks questions that would maybe fit a modern woman transported into the era (the biggest to her sister "how could you marry a man you don't love or even know very well?") but a woman actually born and raised in Regency England? Yeah, no. Further, she wonders why people m ...more
Melike
I listened to this super charming romance on Audible, loved the story and the narrator was excellent. I will continue the series.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I enjoyed this entertaining Regency romance! Prudence is so likeable with her passionate and vibrant personality, and even though she needs to take a backseat to Sophia for the time being, she understands and supports her sister. Sophia seems a bit flat at first, but I love how the deeper layers of her character are revealed. Brand was a great hero, conflicted and reluctant but willing to do his duty for his family. His interactions with Prudence are full of humor and teasing, which is my favori ...more
Katie W
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastically charming and witty story! I couldn't put it down and could stop swooning--such a darling story with incredibly well-written and engaging characters. I was beyond thrilled to read at the back of the book that Sophia (the sister) and Abby (the best friend) will get their own stories and I cannot wait for those glorious dates of release.

Prudence is sweet in nature and really doesn't have a bad bone in her body, even if she is a tad bit rebellious. She is very spunky and has a w
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Ooh, this book! It was so perfectly sweet from beginning to end. I am a fan of Rachael Anderson and I love (lovey, love, love) her books. Her characters are charming and full of life and personality. I can so easily picture them- it's like I am right there with them.

I fell in love with Prudence- how could I not? An avid reader and writer, full of imagination and spunk with an air of innocence about her, Prudence was fantastic. She was also kind. I loved her for that.

And Brand? I absolutely adore
Kelly
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Sister’s Intended is such a fun read! Prudence is funny, witty and desires that everyone lives in a romantic world! Unfortunately, she is the only one to think that is possible. Until Lord Knave finds a piece of her writing floating to the ground one day! He is intrigued by her writing. She was up in the tree only to prove that he was a true knave and not worthy of her sister! What she found was that he’s caring and thoughtful.

Then she decides to help her sister by giving Lord Knave ways to
Stephanie
A sweet and clean romance. Though the characters were likable, I had a little bit of trouble becoming invested in the story and almost decided to DNF it. I'm glad I decided to finish it, though, since the last couple chapters were pretty enjoyable. I also really love the cover of this one.
Lori
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored everything about this book! So utterly cute!
Leona
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency, romance
A fun, flirty, cute 3.5 star read.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I loved this book. I read an excerpt when it was first released that intrigued me so much, that I HAD to read this book. It was just as good as I hoped it would be.

Prudence is a wonderful character. She is full of charm, whit, and genuinely wants to help her sister in her intended match. She does her best to help them kindle a romance, but it doesn't turn out the way she expected.

This book is full of humor. I loved the characters and the situations they found themselves in. The writing was wonde
Melissa
Well Written. I love an author who can write flawed characters that I can love. They are real, you can relate because this can really happen. I was a little upset at Lord Knave there for a bit but in the end I thought to myself what else could he have done differently. This was a charming, fun story. I really enjoy the way Anderson writes a story. This is the beginning of a new series I am excited to read. Very clean,12 and up.
Kim
Wow! Don't you agree that the cover is gorgeous! And the woman on the cover actually matches the heroine in the story.

I at first was conflicted about reading this as the description implied cheating and hurting a sibling. Yet there is no actual engagement agreement between the hero and heroine's sister, as all the intending of marriage expectations is from both sets of parents with zero zilch romantic feelings between the hero and the heroine's sister. Still there was the expectations between th
Lori C
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Completely Charming!

"I would very much like to marry a man I can call my friend. If he also happens to be handsome and charming, so much the better.”

An utterly heartfelt tale, painting a delightfully quirky picture of not only romantic love, but also the love between sisters, and the love of the written word. It's exactly what I wanted to read, after seeing the wonderful new Emma.
Deon
I read this on #KindleUnlimited
Mindy
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Prudence was an absolute joy. She was full of spunk, heart, humor and compassion. What I loved most about her was her loyalty to her sister. But it almost became the downfall to her own happiness. Brand truly was a "Knave", but I thoroughly enjoyed every page he was on. My favorite scenes were Prudence and Brand in the woods, innocently talking, but ultimately getting to know each other. Innocent, that is, until Prudence starting asking Brand some questions. One of those quest ...more
Alisa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“It was a sorry plight indeed to be born the imaginative daughter of the most unyielding stickers alive.” Prudence is an imaginative soul who is nothing like her mother or her older sister, Sophia. Prudence doesn't mean to outshine her older sister, but she does anyway! So her mother is trying to keep her hidden until her sister is safely married to Lord Knave. But Prudence unwittingly puts herself in Lord Knave's path on more than one occasion.

Hildebrand Cannon, known as Lord Knave or Brand to
 Mummy Cat Claire
The title is a huge clue as to what this book is about. The title is what grabbed my attention. I wanted to see how this all turned out. Things could get messy...

Prudence Edith Gifford is a young woman who loves to write stories. She loves to read books, to gather ideas for her stories. Her mother hates this. She burns all her borrowed books and would burn her stories too.

Prudence's older Sister, Sophia, survived rheumatic fever the year before. She is promised to the son who lives in the neigh
Preethi Venugopala
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it from page one. Felt the same kind of pleasure I got from reading Jane Austen or Judith Mc Naught.
This book practically ended the reading slump I was fighting against by bringing back the joy of reading.
Thanks to the author for this beautiful story.
Sarah Monzon
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This author has become a must-read for me!
Suzie Waltner
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Rachael Anderson’s new clean Regency read, the outgoing and effervescent Prudence is about to learn that real life experiences don’t compare to fiction.

While Prudence is a bit hasty to judge the character of others—namely one Lord Knave, her heart is in the right place. She wants the best for her big sister and when Lord Knave appears to be a rake, she’s determined to learn the truth. And perhaps get some inspiration for her writing at the same time.

When Prudence strikes up a friendship and a
Marlene
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read.
Amanda
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Rachael Anderson's historical fiction novels. This one did not disappoint. The story drew me in and I read half the book in one sitting. I loved the characters, setting, storyline, the banter and I didn't want to put it down. I am very happy this is a series and hope the next book will be Sophia's story.
Megan
My Sister's Intended was a sweet historical romance. Prudence was a very likable character and had some funny scenes, the tree one definitely was the most memorable. Knave was someone I didn't like all that much in the beginning, but over the course of the story liked more and more. I was worried from the start of the story about Sophia's feelings, what with the description and title of the book, but I was pleased with how the book ended and am looking forward to her story. Definitely would reco ...more
Lynn
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Rachael Anderson is good if you like clean romance and historicals that cater more to what you wish had happened for a given time period rather than what probably really happened that way. On both fronts they suit me. Good escapist reading.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• To Con a Gentleman (Dalton Family #1)
  • Isabel (Families of Dorset #2)
  • To Catch A Suitor (Dalton Family #2)
  • An Unexpected Bride (Brides of Brighton, #5)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, #3)
  • The Jewels of Halstead Manor (Ladies of Devon Book 1)
  • Engaging Sir Isaac (Inglewood #4)
  • The Ace of Hearts  (Larkhall Letters #1)
  • Miss Devon's Choice (Branches of Love #5)
  • Reforming Lord Neil (Inglewood #5)
  • The Road Through Rushbury (Seasons of Change, #1)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • Seeing Mary (Dalton Family #0.5)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • A Noble Pursuit: A Regency Romance
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
A USA Today bestselling author of clean romance, Rachael Anderson is the mother of four and is pretty good at breaking up fights, or at least sending guilty parties to their rooms. She can't sing, doesn't dance, and despises tragedies. But she recently figured out how yeast works and can now make homemade bread, which she is really good at eating.

Serendipity (3 books)
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)