Start by marking “Superhero High” as Want to Read:
Superhero High

Superhero High

Sixteen-year-old Annarenee Stevens is the sole member of her family without a super power. The only time she feels powerful is in the pool. With her sights set on swimming for U.C. Berkeley, she’s ready to win it all at the State championship and secure her future.

When the government unexpectedly ends the secret Genetically Enhanced Asset (GEA) program, Annarenee is uproo
Published July 5th 2018 by Soul Mate Publishing (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Superhero High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superhero High

Start your review of Superhero High
Danielle's
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superhero high was a total surprise. This book has been popping up everywhere on my radar and I'll be honest something about it made me hesitant to read it. Like they say don't judge a book by its cover. This book was so much better than I expected. Superhero high can be broken into three sections. The initial set-up, the change in location and the mystery of the new school. The synopsis is basically the book set-up.

Annarenee aka AR is a zero in a family of heroes. She doesn't have a special ab
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Superhero High was mesmerizing, beyond addicting and a ton of fun. I got completely wrapped up in the characters lives and lost in the pages. Bullying, first love, friendships, finding yourself and mystery was splashed across the pages. And that made this book emotional, sigh worthy, and I fell in love with so many of the characters. I closed that last page feeling happy and I'm excited for future books set in this world *fingers crossed*!
I fall back onto my bed and close my eyes, letti
Paula  Phillips
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
AR aka Annarenee is part of a superhero family; the thing is though that she is what most in the superhero world would call a "zero" as though both her parents have powers and her brother Noah too, she was born with no abilities or superpowers. For AR, she got the chance to go to a normal school and have friends, she was on the swim team, and she was good at it and on her way to potential scholarship material and college at Berkley. That was until the government decided to cut the funding on the ...more
Tonja Drecker
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Taking high school drama and mixing it with some superhero powers and mystery, this book is an easy read adventure to enjoy.

Annarenee is not happy to find out that the government has cancelled their superhero program, which has been the center of her parents' and brother's lives. Although she herself is a 'zero', a person without any special abilities, she is part of the family and must move with them to California. There, the government has set up a type of superhero village to keep an eye on t
Maisy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I was kindly sent this book in return for an honest review*

I was surprised by how much I loved this book!
First off, I loved the characters - they made the book for me. Ren, Grayson and Noah were my faves. Ren and AR, so cute!! The humour was subtle but funny. And the superhero premise I loved. The writing style was also great! I am totally reading whatever T. H Hernandez writes next because there was something about this book that despite the many flaws I am about to list, this book grabbed me
Lenni Jones
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-and-special
THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

I remember signing up for the cover reveal for this book and I also remember when I first saw it. So cute!!! I knew I had to read the book. I know, that totally goes against everything a book nerd should believe in(Don’t judge a book by its cover), but I’m a sucker for romance. And it doesn’t hurt that the book is about superheroes.

I wasn’t sure what to expect at first. Something like Disney’s “Sky High?” But no, this book is waaaaay better than that. And I like “S
Tracey
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story of teenager Annarenee Stevens whose family all have super powers, but her. Anna just wants a normal life, swimming, for Berkeley ans winning the State championship.
But it seems the Government have other ideas, they are ending the secret program and Anna and her family have to relocate to San Diego where all the other super powered families are now living.
This changes everything for Anna because now he
Margaret Lesh
What a fun read! I loved the main character Annarenee--a strong, capable teen who has the misfortune of being the only one in her family of superheroes lacking special powers. When the government cuts funding to the Genetically Enhanced Assets program (which employed her parents), the family has to adjust to their new home, new lives, and reduced income. Annarenee must deal with not only losing her best friend, but also has to adjust her college plans as her parents can't afford to send her to h ...more
Fran
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
I enjoyed this, it was a fast read. It didn't fall into a very predictable story, and I appreciated that. (about her powers, or lack thereof) I wasn't expecting a mystery, so that surprised me, but it seemed a bit rushed. I would have liked a bit more story/conclusion, like what happened to her afterwards... did she get her swimming scholarship or the school she wanted? It was such a big part of her life and a motivator for her, it would have been nice to complete that part of the story. Over
Karen Wilhelm
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! From the first page I was enthralled and couldn't wait to see what happened next!! I'm hoping there will be a next book! Go superheros!! (And zeros)
Candyce Kirk
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Superhero High was quite a surprise for me. Annarenee's life gets turned upside down when the program her parents and brother are in, gets cancelled. Her family all have special abilities, she doesn't. So when things change, she freaks out. Having worked so hard for her future, she's not quite sure what to do.

I have to say that Annarenee annoyed me a bit in the beginning. It was all about her. I mean, of course I get it's hard that your life is turned upside down, but think about your family. Th
Jasmine
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Superhero High is a fun, quick read that will most likely leave you wanting more. I know I was left wishing I had more time with the characters and learning more about them, their powers, etc.

We have Annarenee aka AR, who is the only normal one in her family. Her brother, mother, and father all have powers, but she does not. Her life is still relatively normal, though. She has a BFF, a boyfriend, and seems pretty happy. Until it all comes crashing down.

Forced to move to a new state and start a n
Kim Owens
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Superhero High was a fantastic read that kept me on the edge of my seat! It took me back to my video game playing days and reminded me a bit of City Of Heroes. Not sure why I made that connection, but I did.
It was a well-written book with fantastic characters and I found myself drawn into the story immediately. Annarenne, AR to her friends and family, was born into a family of genetically altered heroes, but she had no powers, and is known as a zero.
When the government decides to stop funding
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
This was a cute fun read. It wasn't really quite as exciting as I would have thought, but still a good read. It is labeled as a YA but seems to read a little younger to me. Probably only because YA books seem pretty mature these days :-/

The characters were very likable, great personalities, and believable. Even the "mean girls" were great characters - the kind of girls you loved to hate!

A fun, nice little mystery to this that kept you guessing. Another reviewer described it as cutesy and I would
Anie
Shelves: superheroes
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

Superhero high has all of the things I love in superhero books: amazing superpowers, superheroes secretly working for the government, special schools and one thing I didn’t know I liked, a girl in the world of amazing powers, without any. :)
Story reminded me a bit on Sky High (one of my all time favourites), with totally different spin.
Whilst I enjoyed the setting and powers and all that very much, I had trouble connecting to the main character.
In the end, it’s ve
Ceres95
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I freaking love this book.

Full review to come.
Jessica
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
In an Oyster Shell – It was a good book with superheroes that could have had a stronger ending.

The Pearls – I love a good superhero book. What I like about this one is the main character does not have a traditional superpower. Annarenee is a strong character that stands up to the harassment that comes with being a “zero.” She surrounds herself with people who become great friends and are able to accomplish a lot together.

I liked the romance. I love her love interests power when they kiss he goes
Vero
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Las 2 estrella tienen que ver mas conmigo que con el libro.
Sentía curiosidad por una secundaria para superheroes.
El final me pareció abrupto, porque quedaron un par de dudas sin resolver. Sin embargo, si tiene una segunda parte, tendría sentido y cambiaría mi puntuación.
Sara Westhead
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
T.H. Hernandez’s latest young adult novel, Superhero High, blends all your favourite government conspiracy theories and super hero stories into one great story.

Do you remember the opening scenes in The Incredibles where the super heroes all have to hide in plain sight? Her story is similar to that concept but brought into the 21st century with a modern twist – whole families of supers (Genetically Enhanced Assets) that were once a part of a government-funded programme are now finding out that t
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun, fast-paced, and inventive twist on superhero stories taking place at a high school for kids with superpowers and their non-enhanced siblings. Annarenee needs to prove to herself that her lack of a superpower doesn't mean she can't be a hero, while still dealing with relatable teen issues like starting over in a new school, dating, and managing classes, a job, and sports.
Emilyk
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read another book from the author of The Union. This was an engaging story, with characters that I enjoyed getting to know. The author does a great job of getting the reader invested in the lives of the characters. This was a quick, light, enjoyable summer book!
Melissa Page
Will Griesmer
Sharon
added it
Jun 27, 2018

• Hot Pursuit (To Catch A Thief, #1)
  • Jaclyn and the Beanstalk
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
  • Braveheart, a love story
  • We'll Never Be Apart
  • Fallacy (Rewritten #1)
  • The Gathering (The Uprising, #1)
  • How to Breathe Underwater
T.H. Hernandez is a published author of young adult novels. THE UNION, a post-climate change dystopian adventure, was a finalist in the 2015 San Diego book awards in the Young Adult Fiction category. SUPERHERO HIGH, an urban scifi teenage romance, set in San Diego. Her first young adult contemporary co-written with Jennifer DiGiovanni, PROM-WRECKED, is published through Entangled Teen.

She thrives