Start by marking “Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4)

Lake + Manning

(Something in the Way #4)

The final book in the Something in the Way series, a love saga.

Manning and I have what happily-ever-after is made of . . .
A home he built us on the unshakeable foundation we fought for.
A life of laughter carved out of heartache and betrayal.
A love story to stand the test of time.

But between a trust that can’t be broken, joy that can’t be bridled, and passion that would sco
ebook, 1st Edition
Published February 13th 2018

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Lake + Manning, book 4 of 4. The conclusion to an epic, enchanting, forbidden, bittersweet & against-all-odds love saga!

“Manning,” I said when his tool belt pressed my inner thighs. “Your Drill.”
“That’s not my drill, Birdy.” He snickered…”

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: Something in the Way
Book 2: Somebody Else’s Sky
Book 3: Move the Stars
Book 4: Lake + Manning

In book 1-3 innocent high-school student Lake Dolly Kaplan fell in love with the much older construction
Atira
Spoilers!

I have refrained from reviewing any of the books in this series because I knew the way Hawkins chose to end things would make ALL the difference in my opinion. I'll start by saying the writing was great, nothing about the plot can take away from that. I had a strong emotional reaction to what was happening throughout the story and that will always receive compliments from me.. but the story itself... I also should mention (or remind) that I tend to be sensitive to the way authors treat
Jessica Hawkins
Feb 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lake + Manning is now available! 😁

“It was a perfect perfect ending to their journey. I laughed. I cried. My heart is bursting with love.”—Nicole, Goodreads

Manning and I have what happily-ever-after is made of...but I'll beg the heavens for just one thing more.

AmazoniBooksNookGoogle PlayKobo
Series Info

description
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE Amazon ➜ http://smarturl.it/landmonamazon

5 sweet stars <3

I devour it, I read it in one sitting!I loved everything about Lake + Manning!It has everything I wanted and even more!I love this series a lot and I couldn't wait to get more of these two together!Lake + Manning was sweet,heartwarming,passionate and epic!Their love story was like anything else!Lake and Manning have some really intense and passionate moments together!Their ending was perfect and I'm sad that this ended!I wish I cou
Olga therebelreader
This turned out to be a really enjoyable read! The story just flowed and the writing was flawless! I really think this series gets better as it goes along, and this book is proof. Both Lake and Manning have their issues, but their chemistry with each other is never in question.
This series has loveable, strong, independent characters that actually grow and change once they meet, and a story that never feels rushed and allows the characters to really get to know one another. Loved it!
All in all,
Jemima
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FOR GOODREADS

lake and Manning

Title: Lake + Manning (Something In The Way #4)
Author: Jessica Hawkins
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: February 13, 2018

ARC

I was not ready to let Lake and Manning go.. after what was suppose to have been a trilogy, I confess that I cried. Big fat tears that freaked my family out. Luckily for me, Jessica Hawkins felt the same. Thank You God!

After more than a decade of lost time, Lake and Manning are finally together... A future that is stable and unshatterable.

It's hard to explain a love like
Serena
A LOVE STORY THAT STANDS THE TEST OF TIME AND WILL LIVE IN MY HEART FOREVER!

If I could pick ONE series for you guys to read, it would be The Something in the Way Series by Jessica Hawkins. I can't tell you what an epic journey she has taken me and MANY, MANY readers and friends on. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. EVER. The countless messages back and forth, the spoiler groups, the amazing posts in the Penthouse. Oh yeah, and the emotions this author put her readers through with this series
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“I’m allergic to stick shift.”

Happily Ever After could not have happened to a better couple...or a more deserving one. Granted, I was pretty satisfied with the outcome of Move the Stars but this is what we deserved! Thank you Jessica Hawkins!

So that's pretty much it in a handbasket...lots of sweetness and lots of romance but it's not all smooth sailing...of course not. Lake + Manning just have to be tortured a. little. bit. more. Ugh!

description

And it was quite the adventure. I do have to say I was
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was so excited to read this and what a perfect ending to this series. I could read about these characters forever and not get bored. I don't want it to end!

Re-read in April 2019 💛
Just love going back to read books that I really enjoy :)

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
REVIEW TO COME
4 Stars!
(BR with Berry Nice)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-2018
***ARC Provided by the Author***

If you are reading this and haven't read the other books, stop now. This is the 4th in the series and, by definition, there are going to be spoilers of the books before this one...as you can't review the 4th book without giving away some things that got them here. Heck, the title is a bit of a spoiler. So, if you haven't read all of them, off you go. Stop reading.

Full disclosure. I was happy with the ending of Move the Stars. I liked where it ended, on the precipi
Elizabeth
Jan 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers*

Updated to a 1 star, because I am still angry about how the heroine was treated and I dont think the fact it was well written makes up for the bad messaging this book sent out.

Maybe 2.5 (so no rounding :/ )for the entire series, down with this new book unfortunately. Move the Stars was meant as an ending so I put a lot a weight on that being what Jessica intended us to have ONLY, I am not quite sure why she did book 4 but it did nothing for me.

This series was my introduction to Jessic
Berry ♡ Nice
I was in awe and I swooned like crazy. The love between these 2 is bigger than them. Bigger than anything. I'm soo soo happy with their HEA because it was their happy.

There's about 10% of this book I'd have been 100% happy if it wasn't included.

This last installment of the Something in the Way series was not perfect for me cause there's 1 ISSUE that I don't agree with AT ALL and I can't believe it was included in this book I wanted to DNF it BUT I pushed through. I guess it was perfect for Lake
Carlene Inspired
I am going to pretend that I didn't finish this book, that I'm somewhere in the middle, in the midst of the drama between Lake and Manning as they sort out being adults TOGETHER. My favorite couple, finally with a complete story, and I should be super happy, but I'm more sad. I've loved these two, so so much, so this book, this final ending to their story, is overwhelming. I could read books about these two forever. This won't be my normal style of review, because I'm just far too emotionally in ...more
Luna Sol
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
My heart is so full right now. Thank you, Jessica Hawkins for giving us this magnificent love story. I wanted to read it very slow because I didn't want this story to end but I just couldn't help myself. Lake + Manning will forever be one of my favorite couples. I love their love, their strength, their passion. It was beyond anything i could have imagined. All the stars in the universe!!!
Elle's Book Blog
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Release Date: February 13, 2017
Genre: New Adult Romance (NOT a standalone)

I am so glad that Jessica Hawkins decided to write this book as it truly wraps up everything in the Lake and Manning saga! This is the PERFECT series for those who love forbidden romances (especially if you don't mind a BIG love triangle and a ton of angst). I very much recommend it to everyone who read the previous books in the series. This one is going to put a smile on your face!

Lake + Manning is the 4th book in th
The Book Bee
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 5 FINAL STARS
"You know I'll always move the stars for you if need be. Whatever it takes."

Enter here for a giveaway for an ecopy: http://bit.ly/2Hb7GdF

I'm sure I can hear you saying this now...."Oh sure, another 5 STAR review from Bee for another Jessica Hawkins book." Well, you have to know I've never lied about her ability to feed your emotions and turn you inside out!! Right? I'm sure you've all taken my advice with the first three books already, so you know I mean business! Right?
Paularbear  ☕
After the emotional roller coaster ride we’ve had from the three books, you’d think this last one in the series would be all fudgin rainbows, unicorns, and sunshine! But oh no no no, not in Jessica Hawkin’s book. We got another roller coaster ride. A big one!! Gosh, I cried a freakin river! Jessica why you do this??? But it’s still so damn good! This journey with Lake and Manning has been a tough one. It was painful. It was heartbreaking. I’ve never felt these SO MUCH feelings for a book. For th ...more
Nicole
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in awe of Jessica’s writing and this story.
It was a perfect perfect ending to their journey.
I laughed. I cried. My heart is bursting with love.
I honestly want to say so much but don’t want to spoil it for anyone else.
I can’t wait for the world to read Lake + Manning!

Thank you Jessica for allowing us to take this journey!!
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

Phenomenal! This book isn’t not to be missed. If you thought you loved Lake + Manning before wait until read this book. I can’t believe it’s over. I feel like I just closed a chapter on old friends. Does this make sense? Review to follow.

Lake + Manning’s relationship has never been easy. If you’re reading the fourth installment of Something in the Way, you already know that Lake and Manning’s relationship has always been complicated. Well, the complexities didn’t end with Move the Stars. Lake a
Rose
Initial reaction: Much better than the third book in the series, and a more fitting end to the series in terms of events, but so many skirted details and unanswered questions left me wanting more from this particular book. Granted, this book was in Lake's perspective, but I still felt like Manning was the focus of the book, and that was another thing that left me not really taking as much as I wanted to from the series. Still apt to try Hawkins other books, though.

Full review:

In my reflections a
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
I'm so confused.

Move the Stars said, the highly anticipated conclusion to the Something in the Way series but apparently it wasn't? So why was it so freaking rushed if we were getting yet another book?

Not getting my hopes up for this but if it really is the final book in the series then it better make up for the utter disappointment that was the previous last one.

Update: it didn't.

I have read a lot of doormat heroines but my god Lake takes the cake. She actually apologized to these people and w
NMmomof4
3 Stars

**I would advise against continuing on this review unless you have read the previous books in the series, as this might unintentionally spoil some things. I am going to add a general spoiler tag for that reason**: (view spoiler)
Cindy M. Green
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Summer Triangle Stars!

SPOILER FREE REVIEW
My thoughts are all over the place where Lake + Manning are concerned. How do you even begin to convey what reading their love story means, what feelings it evoked and how you’ll manage the ups and downs. This is not just a story full of angst, hope, frustration, love, anger, hatred, etc., etc. This is a journey. Jessica takes you on a journey that will captivate your heart and soul in a way you never thought possible.

Nothing about Lake + Manning or the
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
So as everyone knows I didn't love this series! I read them all because I needed closure! The author is that fantastic!

This one gave me all the closure I needed! But what I missed was the appology Tiffany owed to Lake! I needed that, because Tiffany did herself as a victim in the previous one and a bit in this one. She did know what she did and it was kind of her fault all the missed years they could've had.. I will forever dislike Tiffany, even though in the end everything was okay. For me it
BookSmacked
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a way to conclude a series that has left my emotions all over the place.

This ride has been angst ridden, heartbreaking, frustrating at times and is exactly what I absolutely love in a book or series.

Lake and Manning their journey has been a roller coaster of Fuck. And more then once I’ve wanted to pitch my kindle across as room for all the obstacles they have had to overcome.

For me this book was raw with emotion. Because an HEA is not paved with an easy map. It’s got landmines and it can g
Amy
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you have followed the saga of Lake and Manning since Something in the Way (and if you have not, I urge you to STOP READING THIS REVIEW right now - RIGHT NOW - because it will contain spoilers for the three books), then you know that our favorite why-aren't-they-together couple fought several seemingly insuperable obstacles before they were, finally, united.

When I finished Move the Stars, I thought, "Okay. Thank you, Jessica Hawkins, for how you brought these two together." I didn't think I ne
Elizabeth Swain
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every once in a while you come across a great story.. one that effects your mind, body and soul! Elizabeth @ White Hot Reads

Lake + Manning’s conclusion wasn’t an easy one but they know how to move the Stars to get what they want.

Well Done Jessica! Well Done!
Josiane
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
*** 3 disappointing stars

I have such a love/hate relationship with this series that I'm having a hard time rating this final installment.

Do not continue reading if you have not read the first three books "spoilers ahead"

Through the first three books, I hated the way everyone in Lake's life had a life except for her. I don't mind pining but Lake made this her life's work. It's not what she does, it's who she is and that bothered me a lot. All the important people in her life just leave her hangi
Kimberly
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Five Summer Triangle Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟!

If I could give this book all the stars in the universe I would!

I really don't know where to begin with my review.

I was one reader who was satisfied with the ending of Move the Stars, but also sad that there were going to be no more words to read about Lake and Manning.

When it was announced that there would be a fourth book I was over the moon happy. And I started to develop expectations. Expectations of Manning, of Lake, and of their life together.

I was not d

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Choosing Forever (The Torn Duet, #2)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Malentendido: Misunderstood (Maldeamores, #2)
  • Tequila Burn
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Tales from Cushman Row (Venery, #2.5)
  • Threefold
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • Irrevocable Trust (Irreparable, #1.5)
  • Everything Stolen
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos, #2)
  • The Filthy Series (Filthy, #1-6)
  • Three is a War (Tangled Lies, #3)
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • Big Shot (Sexy Jerk World, #2)
  • Ever over After (Over Duet, #2)
  • Crave: Part One (Crave Duet, #1)

Something in the Way (4 books)
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
  • Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2)
  • Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3)