Start by marking “Christmas Cookie Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes #1)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Cookie Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes #1)

Christmas Cookie Baby

(SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes #1)

ARE YOU A VIRGIN?

Alaskan bush pilot and retired Navy SEAL, Colby Davis, meant the stupid question as a joke--a way to calm the obviously tattered nerves of his pretty passenger, Rose, who isn't exactly enjoying her first time in a small plane. Never in a million years did he think a few hours later his whole world would change. A freak blizzard forces him into a remote c
Published December 8th 2017 by Fulton Court Press

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Cookie Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Cookie Baby

Start your review of Christmas Cookie Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Christmas Cookie Baby is book one in the Seal Team: Holiday Heroes series by Laura Marie Altom. When I saw the cover of this book, I couldn’t pass it by.

seal team holiday heroes laura marie altom

Colby Davis is a former Navy Seal and now flies a small plane carrying people to and from his home, Kodiak Gorge, Alaska. Even though Colby was raised by his mother and abandoned by his father, he can’t wait to someday be a husband himself, and a father. He knows he would never, ever abandon his own child. He thought he might have found the rig
Kathy - Books & Munches
Jan 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Trigger: mention of physical abuse - one event of abuse described, plane crash

My opinion on this book is pretty easy summarized: I didn't like it, got frustrated and struggled.

Why, oh why, need I be so stubborn and continue reading anyway? Maybe because I did like the overall idea of this story? Must've been that. Because I can't even think of one other aspect I actually loved.

The characters don't make sense. They keep changing their minds about one another, going hot and cold like no tomorrow a
Coco.V
Oct 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (10/25/2018)! 💝
Brenda
I quite enjoyed the book. It had some funny scenes that made me laugh as well as some emotional and angsty scenes.

Sociologist Dr. Rose Foster was being ferried on Christmas Eve by Alaskan pilot and former navy SEAL, Colby Davis in his plane to an off shore drilling site where she was sent to evaluate how isolation affects the crew so that it can be counteracted when their plane is hit by a storm and goes down. In that freezing temperatures, with the certainty of not seeing tomorrow, Rose wanted
MJ
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
God I'm so sick of 'supa tragic pasts' that are either OTT or don't suit the light and fluffy they are imbedded in. Or both!

The h is just a whiny child who granted, has and OTT tragic tale, but she just came across as weak and whiny about the boggie man under her bed. If she were in front of me, I'd struggle not to slap her silly (sillier than she already is... if that possible). I've seen this kind of tragic past interfering with adult life in books before, and it can work. But this as a huge f
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
Colby and Rose get stranded after their plane crashes. Colby is the pilot . Rose is his passenger. Rose does not trust men after her dad and her mom’s multiple marriages. She never wants to marry but after the horrible plane ride she finds herself rethinking things and Colby is looking mighty good to her.

Colby wants a family but there are not too many women willing to stay in Alaska and he refuses to move away. So both Colby and Rose have daddy issues and they are stuck on Christmas Day they onl
vicki zimmerman
Dec 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don’t usually give 1 star reviews for books I finish...

....but in this case, I’m willing to make an exception.
Had the end of the book came at around the 18-20% point, this could have been a 5-star book. Sadly, it went on and on and on.
Rose was the most unlikable, annoying, maddening character I have came across in a very long time.
All for the sake of ‘angst’. Why ‘romance’ writers have the desire to overload us with ‘angst’, I will never understand.
I kept reading, hoping, at some point, Rose w
Judy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Cookie Baby by Laura Marie Altom
SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes Book One
Rose Foster finally feels like she's in control of her life. Her career as a sociologist could get a positive boost on this trip to Alaska. She makes it to the job site...but not easily. She runs into a bit of trouble and being her bush pilot is so handsome and she thinks he's the last person she'll see...well, life got interesting.

Colby Davis, former Navy SEAL turned bush pilot was thrown off balance when a storm not du
Jileah
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Irresponsible Selfish, and selfish again

First off, both he and she are totally irresponsible. But at least he thinks about protection. Then she selfishly goes thousands of miles away knowing she may be pregnant. Then she waits months before she informs the father, expecting him to give up the right to raise his child full time. Even after he shows her how he would treat her and how happy he is to be a father, she still leaves. Then she is still selfish when he tells her he is not one of her case
Sabine
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I would probably have dnfed the book if not for my curiosity whether or not there was a happy ending for Colby and the baby. Rose was a total b*tch!! Her nonstop whining about each and everything and men in general had me grinding my teeth. Yes, I absolutely understand her shitty upbringing without a loving father and a mother who was collecting wedding rings - still, she never gave Colby a chance until it was almost too late and in the end I almost wished that he kicked her to the curb. I was l ...more
Maria
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lasting Effects

This is the first story by this author that I have read, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Colby and Rose's story was so good that I could not put out down. I was rooting for Colby the whole time. Although I did want a chapter of the body and first time he met Nick.

I am going to how get Brody's story. Hopefully, out will be even better than this story.
Cynthia Stone
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Humbug (spoiler)

The story was so sweet and omg Colby was freaking perfect. But Rose you flip from loving her to wanting to throat punch and back again pretty much her mental state through the book. Honestly she spread the ending and I'm kind of glad because I was ready to scream from Rose's actions and kept thinking she would make a horrible mom if she has that many issues and hangup and fears. Colby however captures your heart from the beginning and never looses it.
Cynthia
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Story

Rose was in Alaska for her job, Colby grew up there and was her pilot. She was traveling in Christmas Eve. But they hit a bad storm and ended up crashing safely. But they got close. But she went back to Chicago and now she is back with a surprise and they have issues to work out.
Ann Manning
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Christmas Story!

This unbelievably imaginative and intriguing drama between two people who are thrown together in a horrible incident is filled with humor, love and a cast of characters that will have you laughing,crying and cheering for the happy ending. Loved every minute of this amazing story.
Kristen Bamford
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Trigger Warning; there is mention of physical abuse.

I felt these two had absolutely no connection. She annoyed me to the very end.
I pretty much skimmed the book because nothing held my complete interest.
I felt no connection while reading this with either character.
However, where they live seems magical.

I still plan on reading the next book.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really enjoyed this fast paced story. The characters were feisty and fun. The story was unique and really interesting. Can’t wait to read the rest of the characters stories.
Lashonta
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Harlequin romance

This book reminded me of the books my grandmother would read only a little funnier. I guess you can say this book is more for a conservative type. Decent storyline line, however Rose seemed like a brat and rude, Cody just want to make her happy.
Catherine Geist
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Love story

This was a great story about a couple surviving a plane crash and fall in love.They encountered problems, but worked through them with some added twists. Well worth reading.
Vickie
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting book. Felt the love & it was easy to follow.

Small town romance, challenges along the way, past hurts & insecurities all make for a wonderful journey to finding love.
Geraldine Rubin
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed

This story although i was started to get annoyed with Roses way of thinking! I did not like that the author used the Lords name in vain in the one sentence it just wasn't necessary.
lynn
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely scenic storyline

A fantastic storyline, I couldn't put it down, it was rugged enchanted basic beautiful romantic story. Will definitely be reading other stories from this author
Danielle Williams
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romanticly crazy !

Its so funny what goes though some people's head when they think they might die. Also it's hard to see the truth if you are stuck in the past. Glad a happy ending happened.
Carol
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Cookie Baby

Met in a most unconventional way, Colby and Rose find themselves in a mutual attraction to each other. Both bring bad memories from family life, making it hard to open up and commit. A beautiful emotional storyline.❤️
Katherine Horvath
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Views!

Christmas Cookie Baby: Fantastic characters, writing and story telling. Loved reading about the beautiful views of Alaska. Loved the surprises throughout the book and the heat between Colby and Rose. Loved it!
Amber
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
this was cute I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series
Colleen
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book 📚

I like these Seal Team books. I read her Harlequin books and really enjoy these series. Keep writing great books Ms Altom.
Bravebug5
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
161 pages
Very cute Christmas read
Sandee  Robison
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Super sweet, cheesy and no steam factor at all.
Denise Schenk
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I thought the character of Rose was too immature for Colby. He deserved a strong woman
Marilyn
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

This book is one that's full of people who love Alaska and how they help each other and how people overcome.

• You for Christmas (Rags to Riches, #3)
  • Finding Liberty (Almost a Billionaire Book 4)
  • The SEAL's Christmas Baby
  • Once Upon a Texas Christmas (Whiskey River Christmas, #4)
  • Twins For Christmas (Scandalous #5)
  • A Cowboy Firefighter for Christmas (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #1)
  • Finding Cupid (Almost a Billionaire, #2)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • S is for Secret Baby (Office Secrets #1)
  • Her SEAL Rescuer
  • Second Goal (Men with Wood, #3)
  • Tangled in Tinsel (Celebration #1)
  • Last Chance Christmas (Road to Romance #1)
  • Finding Spring (Almost a Billionaire, #3)
  • Christmas Glitter (Moore Sisters of Montana, #1)
  • One Hundred Goodbyes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 9)
  • An Innocent Thanksgiving (Holiday Heat #2)
  • The Protective SEAL
After college, Laura Marie Altom did a brief stint as an interior designer before becoming a stay-at- home mom to boy/girl twins. Always an avid romance reader, when she found herself replotting the afternoon soaps, she knew it was time to try her hand at writing.

SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes (6 books)
  • Happy New Year, Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes #2)
  • Be My Valentine, Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes, #3)
  • St. Patrick’s Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes, #4)
  • Easter Bunny Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes, #5)
  • Big Bang Baby (SEAL Team: Holiday Heroes Book 6)

News & Interviews

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”  Theodor Geisel said...