Start by marking “Clyde's Grand Day Out” as Want to Read:
Clyde's Grand Day Out

Clyde's Grand Day Out

(Penny White 0.25)

Clyde the snail shark escapes from the back garden. What will he find in the local park?

A short story, available exclusively to subscribers to Chrys Cymri's newsletter list.

Go to www.chryscymri.com to sign up!
Published November 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Clyde's Grand Day Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clyde's Grand Day Out

E.M. Swift-Hook
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clyde the Magnificent Snail Shark!

If you have read any of the Penny White books you will, like me, be an avowed fan of Cylde. It is only fitting that he has been honoured with his own short.

As the title tells us Clyde has a day out and has some interesting encounters - to say more would be a spoiler.

You should read this if you are a fan. If you are not you should read The Temptation of Dragons right now, then you will be a fan and then you will want to read this!

Heather Hayden
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome short story starring one of my favorite characters! It was fun seeing things from Clyde's POV.
Jessica Jesinghaus
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As if I needed more reasons to adore Clyde! This short story is an absolute treasure and gives fans of the Penny White series a unique glimpse at one of the fan-favorite characters. I loved it.
Angel Leya
Clyde. Snail shark, predator, simple... or is he?

Clyde sneaks out of the back yard for a snack and a little adventure. But when a potential snack turns friend, and then prey to a new predator, Clyde has a decision to make. Will he lean on morals Penny has been teaching him or lean on his predatory instincts?

This was a fun little story for those familiar with the Penny White series. Throughout the series we see Penny's side of the story. Her not-so-little-anymore friend doesn't say much, and ofte
Aighmi*
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clyde, the titular character, is one of my all-time favorite book characters. As the other works he graces are not from his viewpoint, it wasn't until reading this that I learned a little more of his true depth. He is a hero on his adventure and yet behaves in keeping with a predator being taught to think about his prey. Please read this and all of the Penny White adventures. They will touch you in ways you will never expect. Plus they can be very funny.
Donamarie Goldsmith
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful little short story. Love Clyde as a character. Penny could be quite the character in this series. I am definitely interested in reading the rest of this series.
Mrs V. Chandler
Minerva Casas Gonzalez
Dec 24, 2018
Felicia
Feb 26, 2019
Priest by day, writer at odd times of the day and night, I live with a small green parrot called Tilly because the upkeep for a dragon is beyond my current budget. Plus I’m responsible for making good any flame damage to church property. I love ‘Doctor Who’, landscape photography, single malt whisky, and my job, in no particular order. When I’m not looking after a small parish church in the Midlan ...more

Penny White (7 books)
  • The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White #1)
  • The Cult of Unicorns (Penny White #2)
  • The Marriage of Gryphons (Penny White #3)
  • The Vengeance of Snails (Penny White #4)
  • The Vexation of Vampires (Penny White #5)
  • The Nest of Nessies (Penny White #6)
  • The Weariness of Were-Wolves (Penny White #7)