Start by marking “Backroads” as Want to Read:
Backroads

Backroads

Holly

I was living the life I always thought I wanted.

Good job, rich fiancé, and a glamorous social life.

But in a blink of an eye it was all taken away.

With nowhere else to go, my aunt offers me a job on her ranch.

I didn’t know I’d be forced to work alongside her gorgeous ranch hand Chase.

I stead of getting my old life back, I’m finding he’s a distraction I didn’t see
ebook
Published March 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Backroads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backroads

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Kacie, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

There better be more books about these characters coming!!

I love, love, loved this book, this story, and almost all of these characters! They were real, raw, and out of this world awesome. I was intrigued by the synopsis of this book, but wow! I thought this book was going to be good, but it was fantastic! I was sucked into this book from the very first page. The writing was out of this world good! The story and the words flowed flawlessly. I couldn’t put this book down, yet I didn
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..Oh Holly you ex was a jerk and now you dont trust!, But don't feel bad for Holly too much because she meets Chase, and he will work to get to know her and show her worth..God can I get a Chase..Enjoy!
Omg.kacie.reads
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I cant believe its the debut book from this author. It was written like a seasoned veteran. It had me hooked from the first page. I couldnt put it down. I immediately fell in love with Chase. I also really enjoyed Holly. I liked that they both had issues and secrets to deal with. I dont really like when its just one person dealing with all their issues. When two people have them it makes them appear to be more human. I felt like I was right along side Holly and Chase. ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Backroads sucked me in from the very beginning! There were a few plot points that I felt were unnecessary but overall the story was intriguing. I loved reading the points of view for both Chase and Holly. This kept me wanting to read more as I continued to fall in love with Chase.

Beth and Linda were both very strong supporting characters. I would love to learn more about them, if there were ever to be a sequel. Especially since I would love to continue reading about Chase and Holly, as well.

Re
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 stars

Let it be known there is nothing stronger and more reckless than a woman scorned; no one knows her self worth more than a woman scorned. And when they erect their walls, know that the one that tears them down is a true contender. When Holly meets Chase, she is determined to not give him a chance, but as he shows her the attention she never got from her ex, she starts discovering that no two complex men are made the same. I loved the ending it was so beautiful.

Laura - Alphas Do It Better B
Wisteria
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first “romance” book and I loved it! If I didn’t have two young children and a husband that was away on business, it would not have taken me a week to read this book. I would have finished it a day for sure.
It had me audibly laughing, it gave me the tingles and all the feels! I kept wanting more! It felt like I knew the characters. The writing was so descriptive and I felt like a fly on the wall.
I can not wait until she expand on the others characters in more books!
Amber Gragg
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omgggg I love allll the characters in this story!!! They are a close family and they are there for each other which reminds me so much of my family!! There’s so real lifeness to it and I absolutely love it!! Ashley knocked her first ever book out of the water!
Lee
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually don’t read romance books but this one got me hooked and I couldn’t put it down. It has funny moments, romantic, and exciting parts that keep you reading. I’m ready to read more series when they come out if possible. The people in this book have great character and I would love to read what’s in store for them in the future. You had me smiling a lot when I read your book Ashley! Keep on writing.......it was great!! 😍
Lee
Brandy Roberts
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Backroads was a really good read the story line drew me into what was going on with the couple and to see the fight the demons of each others lives . I know there will more books by Jane Ashley Converse in my kindle .
Beth
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I see this book is the 1st book written by Jane Ashley Converse ... wow that is so exciting!! what fun times ... I hope she will write more soon ... I enjoy these characters ... love the idea behind the read ...and let me see .. I love mysteries, Christmas, humor ... this is a farm country read ...that is definitely lumped in there too .. i love anything farming .. country related. a hot sexy cowboy ... hello ... walk in Mr. Marlboro ... why I have always loved that man. so alpha hotness!! great ...more
I.Heart.Romance
⭐ 4.5 stars ⭐

Great first book from this author! SAFE, sweet, sexy with some humor thrown in.

PERFECT HERO! Totally into h from the jump. Only has eyes for her. Not a manwhore, celibate 2+ years. H even gets awkward and uncomfortable when ow flirt with him.

Looking forward to the next book!
Cassidy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Backroads is the perfect, sweet, sexy debut novel. Chase is so swoon worthy. I love the emphasis on family. I can’t wait for the next book.
Melissa
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a swoon worthy emotional story . Don’t be fooled it’s HOT AS HELL! Cold shower is required! The sexual tension between Holly and Chase is intense. There is an element of mystery to Chase that has you wondering as you’re reading . Holly as her life has unraveled she not looking for anything. These two have such chemistry it’s undeniable . Really enjoyed this . For a debut author I was extremely impressed can’t wait for more!
Kristin Grella
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

This was a great book. I loved Chase and Holly's story so much that I didn't want it to end. The secondary characters were awesome too and I hope to get their stories in the future. Looking forward to reading Alexis' book and hope to catch up with some of these awesome characters.
Raphelle Beinhower
OMG!

Such an awesome read! I couldn’t put it down, the characters are magnetic 🥰 A definite must read for all!
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For whatever reason I have a harder time falling for cowboys, but with that being said, I fell hard for Chase. And for that reason, I have to give the talented Jane Ashley Converse a perfect rating, as she did the nearly impossible, and with her debut book no less. Holly hasn't had an easy time with life lately, so in order to heal and start over, this story starts out with her moving to her Aunt's place to help her out with the business. She has no desire for a new man to come after her, but th ...more
Vivian
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboys! Who doesn’t like a hot cowboy? I’m not sure if its the cowboy boots, the flannel, the man handling large equipment and large animals? I don’t know but well I love cowboy stories. Backroads by Jane Ashley Converse is an intriguing story with an interesting plot that will suck you in from the beginning.

Holly has lots everything and is moving to her Aunt’s lodge to help her run it and to nurse her wounds. The last thing she wants is a sexy cowboy coming after her, but that’s exactly what h
Tracey Jerald
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Backroads by debut author Jane Ashley Converse is a combination of laugh out loud moments with its loveable, yet quirky heroine, Holly and the broody hero, Chase.

Holly walks away from the life she tried so hard to build- a life systematically stripped from her by an ex who readers immediately despise - to go help out her aunt. Little did she know, her world is about to be thrown into chaos; not only by the size of the operation her aunt runs, but by her sexy right hand man.

Ms. Converse has an im
Amber
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book makes you feel "good" In all the right spots whether you have a partner of not ;)

This book is one that I was unable to put down and I read in its entirety in 24hrs which I have never done. It kept me wondering what was happening in both characters last as well as what the future had in store for them. The sexual tension look will make you feel like you are there yourself. If you are looking for a great book that leaves you wanting to keep reading the next chapter then, Backroads is MOS
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Holly is left devastated by her ex, she takes a job on her Aunt’s ranch. Chase is a ranch hand, and is drawn to Holly instantly. Will Chase be able to break through Holly’s walls and give them a chance to be together? No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written flawless and engaging page turner throughout, and I look forward to reading more of this talented authors’ work.
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
It feels amazing to read a debut novel by a new author but experience it with so many emotions.

It sure doesn't feels like it's her first book since it's so well written and reading it felt so easy and natural.

Story plot was good with well developed characters that keep your attention and interest during the whole ride.

The first chapter alone brought so many laughs and smiles for me I kept imagining this as a movie.

Well recommend!
Alyson Tellier
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet & Sexy!

This was the first book I've read by this author and it won't be the last. Chase is a sexy cowboy with a heart of gold and Holly is a sweet and sassy city girl. They make the best couple. I loved Lee and Charlie's banter and teasing. They definitely brought the humour to this book! I can't wait to read more!!
Jessica Clark
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, sweet, sexy read

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this book! It's so well written, I never would have guessed it's the author's first book. I loved Holly and Chase's story. I can't wait for Alexis' story!
Linda
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book with engaging characters. Ashley is a talented writer who keeps your interest piqued and makes you feel like you are living the book. I am still day dreaming about Chase! The secondary characters all have personalities that make them interesting. This book was hard to put down - can't wait to read her next book!
MISS
Oct 20, 2018
Lori Newton
Jul 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a bighearted, crazy-eyed, sarcastic book lover.
A daydreamer, night writer, adventure seeking Midwest woman.
When I'm not outdoors enjoying what nature offers, I'm curled up on the couch writing or reading.
Don't let my love for the outdoors fool you though, keeping my nails looking sharp is very big on my priority list.