Start by marking “The Memory Keepers” as Want to Read:
The Memory Keepers

The Memory Keepers

They always loved it when they noticed those symbols and how they sparked memories of loved ones now gone. Sometimes it was a song, or sometimes it was a smell. Or simple words written on a page. Beautiful coincidences, they had always assumed.

Kelton only learned in the moment of his death that these symbols existed at all.
A flashing memory put him back in high school, o
Paperback
Published November 11th 2017 by Birchbark

Start your review of The Memory Keepers
Nicole White
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is the stellar debut novel by Nina Waddington. This incredible story begins where some others only dare to end, with the death of a major character. But this story can only be made possible because of this tragic beginning. Because this story pushes the reader to not only question what happens after one dies, but also to wonder at the signs of loved ones lost, observed and experienced by those still living.

The author introduces characters with personalities and backgrounds th
Carey Zurbrigg
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a fantastic read! Take it from someone who never reads books. This book was suggested to me when my Mom recently passed away and the world was in a pandemic. I decided to give reading a try. I am very glad that I read The Memory Keepers! This book takes you on a journey of people in the afterlife and it makes you feel like you are on that adventure with them. Reading this book during the loss of my Mom, has helped me through my own personal grieving journey. If you are miss ...more
Michelle (bookclubfor1)
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually hate reading books I have no prior knowledge of, but in this case, it was refreshing.
The premise of the book was following a group of people who have died, and to reach their ultimate Utopia, they have a series of tasks to complete. These tasks are to visit loved ones who have lost friends or family members and leave something for them to remember them by. A soccerball, a skateboard...
I enjoyed the idea that when things remind us of those we lost, its placed there on purpose. I also e
Nicole Sword
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a terrific book that you won’t want to put down! It follows a number of characters, highlighting their lives on earth as well as the journeys they embark on after death. I connected with the characters and experienced the emotions of hope, sorrow, longing, and love right along with them.

Having personally gone through a tragic loss, I found this novel brought me comfort. Comfort imagining the incredible utopias and new relationships found after death as well as comfort from
Jack Cochrane
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina's writing is visually perceivable. She takes us on a journey through the adventures and wonderments of the afterlife. While reading, I was engrossed in the character development and the revelations of the plot. As an adolescent it was a unique and intriguing read, that gave me insight and perspective of what may happen after we leave this world. ...more
Carla
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great debut novel from Nina Waddington. This YA novel got me right in the feels. Each character's unique story made it difficult to put this book down, you just wanted to keep going. What really happens after we die? This story takes you on quite an adventure through the afterlife as we learn about the Memory Keepers and their tasks. Beautifully written. ...more
Wendie Duque
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, everything about it.
Anne McColl
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed The Memory Keepers!
Nora Stojsavljevich
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing! Great storyline, loved all the characters. The vivid rich imagery makes you feel like you’re right there in the various utopias with the characters... I found it hard to put this book down... the characters’ friendships intricately intertwined and unravelled beautifully throughout the story. I would definitely read this book again... would love to see it made into a movie.
Kylie Houston
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is both phenomenally written as well as gripping from the very first page. I couldn’t put it down. A fascinating take on what happens after death, and how the memories of our loved ones are really never gone. This book is about to become a best seller for sure.
Suenjim Waddington
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
fantastic premise, page turner
Abby
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a wonderful debut novel by Nina Waddington.

The book starts off where very few authors dare begin with: The Main Characters Death. This made the inciting incident incredibly exciting! I could not put the book down until I finished the very last page...

The characters were truly a driving force in this novel. The characters had deep, intertwining relationships and were incredibly different and intriguing to read about. The characters really did grow on me and I really and tru
Melanie Laking
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina Waddington’s Memory Keepers takes you on a journey of hope and longing. The storyline follows relationships that are so honest and unconditional they are able to transcend through the boundaries that separate them. The depth of the relationships formed had me feeling the raw emotions endured by the characters along with them. I appreciated the interconnected nature of the book. It is a high interest read that spans from young adult to adult readers. A must read! You won’t be disappointed!!
Mark
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I both enjoyed this book very much. Well written and an intersting perspective. The book is making its way through the family and I know I'll read it again. ...more
Julie Capretta
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In her book, "The Memory Keepers", Nina Waddington tackles a universal question: what happens after we die? It provides an interesting perspective on the concept of Utopia and offers comfort to those people who have experienced the loss of a loved one, without giving morbid details about how all the characters in her novel have died unexpectedly. I was thoroughly engaged reading this book, and love the fact that one is given choices in her fictional utopias (yes, plural).

The creation of the fict
Frances Nic
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a powerful tale about death and the journey afterward. It begins with a tragic end, constantly leaving you questioning where the story will go. The story is told from multiple perspectives, showing how we are all connected. It is a book that I couldn’t put down, as it made me reflect on my experiences with loss. A truly spectacular debut!
Garth Broughton
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great read with a fresh premise and a style that felt like a warm blanket when reading.
My takeaway was to let go of the regret, remorse, and fear that so often drive our thoughts and actions. Stay true to your own heart and if it feels like the universe is trying to tell you something, listen.
Aviva
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most beautiful books that I have ever read! Not only is Nina a great teacher, but an outstanding author. I could not put this book down, and I was completely captured by each of the characters. Lovely prose, great plot, and characters that you will totally fall in love with. You need to read this book! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jill
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each chapter kept me wanting to continue that character’s story, to then be quickly immersed in the next character’s journey. Nina's utopias are intriguing and makes one reflect on what may be after we leave life as we know it. I will now be more aware of those moments when lost loved ones are remembered and what triggers the memory. Bravo Nina! ...more
Tracy
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love to read, and did not want to put it down. I finished it in a couple of days. This book draws you in and makes you think of what a difference little things can do.
Doug Winters
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Most of us have had things happen that make us wonder if there was a helping hand or something or someone that just played a strange part in our lives.
Nina had my attention all the way. Enjoyed this book very much.
Kris Gadjanski
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great YA novel. Lovely imagery, gentle characters.
Nancy Gatehouse
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cant say enough about this book! Great concept and beautifully written! Couldn't put it down. Would highly recommend this book to anyone! Hoping for a sequel!! Thanks Nina! ...more
Lori

• The Wives
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • The Book of Negroes
  • The Red Tent
  • Son of a Trickster (Trickster, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • The Woman in the White Kimono
  • Crow Lake
  • A Complicated Kindness
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • Out of the Easy
  • Seven Days
  • Lying in Wait
  • Doom Patrol, Volume 2: Nada
It's amazing how a cup of tea can feed my creative process. As I sip, I think about how all of this began. Memory Keepers has been a six year journey for me. It all started with a meteor shower. Out on the gorgeous white quartzite rocks of Killarney Provincial Park, in the dead of night in August, I saw a shooting star and I was flooded with amazingly, heartwarming feelings and memories of a littl ...more

News & Interviews