Start by marking “The Memory Keepers” as Want to Read:
The Memory Keepers

The Memory Keepers

They always loved it when they noticed those symbols and how they sparked memories of loved ones now gone. Sometimes it was a song, or sometimes it was a smell. Or simple words written on a page. Beautiful coincidences, they had always assumed.

Kelton only learned in the moment of his death that these symbols existed at all.
A flashing memory put him back in high school,
Paperback
Published November 11th 2017 by Birchbark

Start your review of The Memory Keepers
Nicole White
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is the stellar debut novel by Nina Waddington. This incredible story begins where some others only dare to end, with the death of a major character. But this story can only be made possible because of this tragic beginning. Because this story pushes the reader to not only question what happens after one dies, but also to wonder at the signs of loved ones lost, observed and experienced by those still living.

The author introduces characters with personalities and backgrounds
Nicole Sword
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a terrific book that you won’t want to put down! It follows a number of characters, highlighting their lives on earth as well as the journeys they embark on after death. I connected with the characters and experienced the emotions of hope, sorrow, longing, and love right along with them.

Having personally gone through a tragic loss, I found this novel brought me comfort. Comfort imagining the incredible utopias and new relationships found after death as well as comfort from
Jack Cochrane
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina's writing is visually perceivable. She takes us on a journey through the adventures and wonderments of the afterlife. While reading, I was engrossed in the character development and the revelations of the plot. As an adolescent it was a unique and intriguing read, that gave me insight and perspective of what may happen after we leave this world.
Carla
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great debut novel from Nina Waddington. This YA novel got me right in the feels. Each character's unique story made it difficult to put this book down, you just wanted to keep going. What really happens after we die? This story takes you on quite an adventure through the afterlife as we learn about the Memory Keepers and their tasks. Beautifully written.
Wendie Duque
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book, everything about it.
Anne McColl
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed The Memory Keepers!
Nora Stojsavljevich
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing! Great storyline, loved all the characters. The vivid rich imagery makes you feel like you’re right there in the various utopias with the characters... I found it hard to put this book down... the characters’ friendships intricately intertwined and unravelled beautifully throughout the story. I would definitely read this book again... would love to see it made into a movie.
Suenjim Waddington
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
fantastic premise, page turner
Melanie Laking
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nina Waddington’s Memory Keepers takes you on a journey of hope and longing. The storyline follows relationships that are so honest and unconditional they are able to transcend through the boundaries that separate them. The depth of the relationships formed had me feeling the raw emotions endured by the characters along with them. I appreciated the interconnected nature of the book. It is a high interest read that spans from young adult to adult readers. A must read! You won’t be disappointed!!
Frances Nic
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Keepers is a powerful tale about death and the journey afterward. It begins with a tragic end, constantly leaving you questioning where the story will go. The story is told from multiple perspectives, showing how we are all connected. It is a book that I couldn’t put down, as it made me reflect on my experiences with loss. A truly spectacular debut!
Aviva
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most beautiful books that I have ever read! Not only is Nina a great teacher, but an outstanding author. I could not put this book down, and I was completely captured by each of the characters. Lovely prose, great plot, and characters that you will totally fall in love with. You need to read this book! ...more
Jill
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each chapter kept me wanting to continue that character’s story, to then be quickly immersed in the next character’s journey. Nina's utopias are intriguing and makes one reflect on what may be after we leave life as we know it. I will now be more aware of those moments when lost loved ones are remembered and what triggers the memory. Bravo Nina!
Tracy
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love to read, and did not want to put it down. I finished it in a couple of days. This book draws you in and makes you think of what a difference little things can do.
Doug Winters
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Most of us have had things happen that make us wonder if there was a helping hand or something or someone that just played a strange part in our lives.
Nina had my attention all the way. Enjoyed this book very much.
Lori
Karen Tabone
Dec 21, 2017
Kerry Scrimger-Stetson
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely and uplifting story. A great debut novel by Nina Waddington. The characters are nicely developed and easily connected with. The idea of memory keepers is what every person is hoping for when they lose someone they love. At times sweet, funny, and touching. The author’s description makes the reader feel present with the characters. Fantastic read!
Kimberley Blain-Paolini

• Starlight
  • The Orenda
  • The Fountains of Silence
  • Baby Doll
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • The Book of Negroes
  • After the Flood
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • Out of the Easy
  • Seven Days
  • Lying in Wait
  • Woman on the Edge
  • Doom Patrol, Volume 2: Nada
  • Doom Patrol, Volume 1: Brick by Brick
It's amazing how a cup of tea can feed my creative process. As I sip, I think about how all of this began. Memory Keepers has been a six year journey for me. It all started with a meteor shower. Out on the gorgeous white quartzite rocks of Killarney Provincial Park, in the dead of night in August, I saw a shooting star and I was flooded with amazingly, heartwarming feelings and memories of a ...more