Start by marking “No One Likes a Fart” as Want to Read:
No One Likes a Fart

No One Likes a Fart

Fart is desperate to make friends and have fun. But no one likes a fart -- not even a fart with a heart. With plenty of laughs and even more heart, this delightful picture book shows that even the smelliest among us can find a friend in this world.

No One Likes A Fart is a sweet, funny story about a lonely fart who is just looking to make a friend. But it's hard out there
Published 2017 by Penguin Books Australia

To ask other readers questions about No One Likes a Fart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Likes a Fart

Start your review of No One Likes a Fart
*TUDOR^QUEEN*
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Penguin Workshop / Penguin Publishing Group for providing an advance reader copy via Edelweiss.

I've been wanting to read a children's book for awhile, and happened upon this one today. Naturally, the cover title caught my attention, causing me to giggle. However, the little puff of gas with arms, legs, and an expressive face on the cover captured my heart!

As the book begins we are invited into a cozy living room with a family and apparently, the husband/father passed some gas. This
Carrie
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, edelweiss, friendship
I received a copy of this book to review from Penguin Workshop, via Edelweiss.

Fart wants more then anything to find his own very best friend but everywhere he goes the people around him start to smell a gross smell and get disgusted, remarking loudly to those around about how nasty the sent is and accusing each other for said fart. Realizing it was him they were talking about he goes off saddened thinking he will never find a best friend.

No One Likes a Fart is written well, cute and funny. Kids
Suzanne
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: aww, 2017, aussie-author, owned
It's funny that this stuff is a thing. Books about farts. This one is actually Indy's (5) favourite book: Poo Bum by Stephanie Blake , yes you read that correctly.

Toilet humour is a great hit in our household, so on going to a local bookstore the other day, I bought this as it's nice to always 'buy' at least one book, and not just browse.

This one wasn't so lough out loud funny. The author is married to a funny guy, they are both 'celebrity' types here in Aus. I wasn't getting the toilet humour as much, it just wasn't
Billie
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't care how old you are, a fart is funny.
Dwan Dawson-Tape
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-s-books
This is a beautifully illustrated and funny little story. You can't help but sympathize with the little guy as he tries to make friends. The illustrations are vivid and there are a lot of fine details to pick out - a lot of subnarrative for adults to see or scatologically intrigued kids to find. Lots of references to gross smells and just the visceralness of being human. Lots of kids will love this one.
Judy
A fart with a heart and nobody wants to be his friend.
There will be days every kid in the world will love reading this. And I imagine they will love it even more if it is read out loud by a parent or other significant adult.
Lorie Barber
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Never thought I’d feel sorry for a fart.
Ivy
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Present from dad. Mum thinks it's absolutely ridiculous, but I like it. :)
Ms. Yingling
Copy provided by the publisher

After Fart is passed, he travels around the house, where no one loves him. He goes outside and through town, where person after person expresses displeasure at his presence. Dejected, he ends up in an alleyway, where he meets an odiferous Belch and finally finds a friend.

Janine
This didn’t do a lot for me but Mr 7 enjoyed it.
Donna
Had so much potential ... a book about a fart. The ending stunk.
Sara
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure how Blake managed to make an un-funny book about an anthropomorphic fart.
Jess
In full disclosure, I adore Zoe Foster Blake’s adult rom-coms. I’ve gobbled each and every one of them up and my eyes were glued to the Australian Tv-Series adaption of The Wrong Girl. So needless to say when this picture book turned up as a review copy from the publisher, I was both intrigued and confused as I wasn’t aware Foster Blake had moved into picture books.

Move over Aaron Blabey’s Pig The Pug, there is a new Australian picture book making waves this Christmas. In just over two weeks
Jade
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young children
Shelves: bean
I'm not a big fan of toilet humour but this has to be the sweetest story about a fart ever written. While children will find a story about a fart hilarious, the story itself actually has a positive message: accept yourself, and find a friend who loves you just the way you are.

I have to admit that the sweetness of this message calls to me, but I've heard it before: a story that is basically beat-for-beat the same (but without the toilet humour) is The Bunyip of Berkeley's Creek by Jenny Wagner,
Dimity Powell
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-lit
It pains me to say it, but this one does the opposite of blows for me. Loved it. Blake's narrative about a little misunderstood friendless flatuence ebbs and flows with humour and, believe or not, the sweetest language. I never knew it was possible to feel so much affection for a hitherto frowned upon body emission but Nickel's swanky retro illustrations and Blake's comic yet sensitive portrayal of accepting who you are powerfully convincing. Fun that stretches the boundaries and persuades us to ...more
5haybear
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-children
Funny, charming and just the right length for bedtime, Zoe has managed to capitalise on everyone's obsession with farts through this delightful picture book.
I gifted a copy to my nephew (3) and his sister (1). Master 3 insisted that his Mum read it three times back to back without pause once he opened it and sat mesmerised the entire time.
Highly recommended for any kids (and adults) who enjoy some cheeky humour in their stories.
Emma Ruth
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From cooking air biscuits to butt breath, this was both a very sad and uplifting story. Accepting yourself is more important than what anyone else thinks of you. A great message for kids and adult alike.

But I still don't like my boyfriend's farts. Sorry, not sorry.
Beth
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny but with heart. If you never thought you'd feel bad for a fart--you need to read this book--it'll change your mind! I can't wait to read it with my kids!
Nik
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading a book to a kid that you as an adult can enjoy...? Winning. Cute book that kids (and adults) can have a laugh to. Thanks Zoe
Erin Buhr
Dec 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019-books
A fart with feelings who wants a friend. This one was a bit of a stretch for me but I'm sure some will laugh out loud.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Dylan Teut
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for the right audience.
Lena West
3.5/5 stars

Enjoy it a lot... read it at school. <3
Edward Sullivan
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Fart and burp find friendship.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice story about self acceptance and finding your tribe
Yapha
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This will be funnier for teens than for younger kids. Contains a fabulous list of synonyms for fart. My favorite was "air biscuit."

Copy provided by publisher.
Raven Black
It could have been a real stinker, or it could have been a blast, but unfortunately Fart (and later Belch) never quite have the gas!
Simone
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-my-library
5 stars

Genuinely laughed out loud. Zoe's token comedic voice shines through this heart-warming story and the illustrations are so cute!
Mackinzey Warren
Dec 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: inspirational
A short story about a fart who wants to make friends, however, no one wants to be friends with a fart. More of a family/home book, but still fun.
Perry
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another hilarious find in Thesaurus Bookshop in Melbourne. So funny and cute! These kinds of books are why I LOVE picture books so much!

• Do Not Open This Book
  • Who Sank the Boat?
  • Perfectly Norman
  • Kissed by the Moon
  • The Brave Cyclist, The True Story of a Holocaust Hero
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • Words on Fire
  • Florette
  • The Proudest Blue
  • Nellie Belle
Zoë Foster Blake is an Australian author, columnist, editor, and cosmetics entrepreneur.

She took off her WAG sash in 2009 after almost a decade in the world of football, and far too many pies and beers in the grandstands. She was the Beauty and Lifestyle Editor at Cosmopolitan magazine before becoming Beauty Director at Harper's BAZAAR. Zoë is currently the Editor in Chief of online beauty