Start by marking “Maggie's Revenge” as Want to Read:

(Wounded Hearts #4)

DEA Special Agent Maggie Holt is fierce, smart, beautiful-- and in over her head.

Maggie has been working undercover 15 months when she is taken by Chinese-Mexican cartel leader, Chenglei. She tries to escape with 8 other women and is captured and brutally punished.

ebook
Published December 19th 2017 by Wavefront Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Maggie's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie's Revenge

Start your review of Maggie's Revenge
N.N. Light
Maggie’s Revenge is an electrifying, mystery/suspense where an undercover DEA agent named Maggie Holt is taken by a Chinese-Mexican cartel who deals in human trafficking, among other things. She repeatedly tries to escape without any luck and the punishments are ruthless. The cartel leader uses everything in his arsenal to break her spirit, but she refuses to submit. In her eyes, all that matters is freeing the other captured women. Time is running out as the cartel is about to sell Maggie and t ...more
Coco.V
Sep 26, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/26/18)!💝

Blurb:

Adam O'Connor is angry and frustrated. It's his fault his partner, and one-time lover, is missing and no matter how many leads he chases, they don't bring Maggie home.

An unexpected break in
Jacquie
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Undercover DEA Agent, Magdalena Holt, has experienced the seedy underbelly of human trafficking. Sent to capture a drug king she finds more than she bargained for and is held captive for months before she escapes.
Now, Maggie is after one thing, revenge.
Read the exciting continuation of the Wounded Hearts saga today!
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
I’ll be honest, this was a tough book to get through because of the subject matter. My heart hurt for the plight of the young women who were caught up in the human trafficking. I think the author handle the subject with respect, and grace. The characters were complex, strong, and likable. There is plenty of action from beginning to end, I couldn’t put the book down. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.
Jimnlori
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story by Jacquie Biggar! Maggie's Revenge is the sixth book in her Wounded Hearts series and definitely worth reading.
When HEA Agent Holt went undercover to take down a known drug dealer and human trafficker she knew the risks, but even she didn't know what it would take to get out alive. All Maggie wants to do is get her and the other women home and safe and if she happens to take down the men who have kept them captive all of these months, even better.
Adam O'Connor is Maggie's p
Laverne Bellemare
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a real page turner. Cannot imagine the fear that they went through trying to escape. Looking forward to the next one in this series.
Andi
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Jacquie Biggar. I enjoyed the action & suspense. I wish there would have been an epilogue so that we’d know what ha ...more
Jacqui
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Jacquie Biggar's Maggie's Revenge (Wavefront Publishing 2017), #6 in the Wounded Heart series, Agent Magdalena Holt goes undercover to penetrate a child and female trafficking cartel but something goes horribly wrong and she disappears. For a year, her partner Adam doesn't know whether she's alive or dead except occasionally when groups of women are rescued just in time to save them from being sold into the sex industry. When they see Maggie's picture, they credit her with the rescue. Finally ...more
April
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Biggar brings to the forefront the horrific and often overlooked crime of human trafficking in Maggie's Revenge.

Realistic descriptions and human interactions will compel you to keep turning the pages well past your bedtime. The characters are very well written and the action starts from page one and doesn't let up until the very last page.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend this for your TBR List. This is a must read for fans of the contemporary romantic suspense genre.
Cynthia
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love an exciting, thrilling, dangerous story with strong women and men in them. Ms. Biggar does not disappoint with an action filled thrilling read. Maggie has to be a strong woman to deal with all she has for the last five years. This is a story about strength, overcoming the odds, standing your ground, helping others that are in the same mess as you are why not letting your fears take over. I can’t think of anything much worse than to be taken and sold to the highest bidder. I like Maggie wo ...more
Barbara
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the Wounded Hearts series after reading Book 1 (Tidal Falls) and the books have steadily gotten more exciting, suspenseful and romantic with each addition. We met Maggie early on in the series and shortly thereafter she went undercover and disappeared. We then learned she had been was taken captive by human traffickers. I trusted that Ms. Biggar had plans for Maggie down the road, and I am happy to report she did not disappoint me. In her unique style Ms. Biggar has written a ...more
Karen
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magdalena (Maggie) Holt, a DEA Agent undercover in a Cartel who is in danger and a has become a captive, is working very hard to get back home and take down the man who has taken her a prisoner and intends to sell her to the highest bidder. She's helped some women escape the hell that has become her reality, but will she survive long enough to help the women she is locked away with and herself?

Maggie's intent on getting home and taking down Chenglei in the process so that she can rid the world o
Nancy Dillow
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boy, that was not what I expected - but it was the 6th book in the series, and I had not read any of the others. Maggie, who was a government agent, was in the hands of a really, really bad guy who only cared about the money he received from his "clients" You name it, he sold it. This book is about what happened to her after she had been captured. She has a handful of really close friends (and some higher level people) who want to get her back.......nope, I'm not going to tell you anythingmore.
Jill
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a suspenseful ride!! Maggie goes undercover and gets taken by human traffickers. Her partner has been searching for her for months and decides to ask an old associate/friend for help. Between these 2 and the feelings they have for her you're in for a wild ride. To top it off we read about some of the things done to her by her captors and the things she's doing to try and escape these men, while trying to rescue the other women.

This is the 6th in the series but I didn't read the others so i
Vickie Chaisson
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an rollercoaster ride of revenge, human trafficking. drug cartels, hostages and governmental screw up. if you want a slow paced boring story this book is not for you. The fast paced story keeps readers enthralled and enticed. Character development is concise and too the point. You like the heroine and feel her emotions at a gut level and really dislike the bad guys. You have to finish this book to see how Maggie, Frank, Adam and Amanda solve the problems and bring the bad guy down
R
Jacqui Nelson
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wounded Hearts is thrilling series with equally interesting heroes & heroines. Frank (the retired chief who's still in command) and Adam (the steadfast but cocky DEA partner) have been searching for Maggie (the feisty undercover agent) for a long time - which is fitting because I've been eagerly anticipating the day they'd finally find her. I always love following this close-knit (even when they are estranged) team of men and women as they face the ups and downs of striving to make the world a b ...more
Staci
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Undercover work is a gamble with life.

To step in to this you must be prepared to do anything to survive. Yet the truth of what anything means isn't real until you are living it. Not even taking into account the scars you will bear inside and out if you survive. Only intelligence, strength, and determination will carry a person through.
Traci Wooden
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and wild ride. This book had me hooked from the beginning. There were no lulls in the drama or action. Just nonstop suspense and heart-stopping twists and turns. Jacquie Biggar kept me on my toes trying to peek ahead through the splayed fingers of my hands half the time. I loved the inner struggle between each character was fighting with their past. It made them real and caused me to be sympathetic to their plights. Ms. Biggar is a great storyteller. I wish I could have given thi ...more
Vikki Vaught
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

This is an exciting book from the first page to the last. The characters are compelling, and the plot is intriguing. The villain is evil and deserves what he gets. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Mona williams
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
i really wanted to love this book i just couldnt. it just was to much all over the place . going from cow thieves to her trying to fight for her life.this could have been more about what happened to her while being held.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
An adrenaline pumping fast paced story. It was full of action and there was never a dull moment. I enjoyed the high stakes and kick-butt characters!
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Bobo's Book Bank
MAGGIE'S REVENGE is book six in the Wounded Hearts series and is my first read by author Jacquie Biggar. This is a clean, romantic suspense.

Maggie is a DEA agent who's being held hostage by a Mexican/Chinese mafia leader. Adam is Maggie's partner and ex-boyfriend. He, along with their boss, Amanda, enlist the help of Adam's friend and former Navy SEAL, Frank to rescue Maggie from the Mexican cartel.

There's several players in this story and maybe if I had read this series from the beginning, I wo
Lynn Smith
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggie's Revenge

Maggie has been undercover for months. After human trafficking ring. Adam is determined to get his partner back. Frank just wants Mags back. Even though there never has been anything between them. He has never been able to get her out of his mind.
Great book in the series. Can be read as a standalone but I think it would make more sense after reading the series.
Ethel Clow-Bowers
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely riveting, the tidal falls saga continues to entertain with every book written. Jacquie definitely knows how to keep her audience entertained through word. She makes us see each thank no as it happens.

I’m truly enthralled with these writings and look forward to the next book!
Marie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No man is left behind...

...or in this case no woman! Adam and Frank are determined to do everything in their power to find Maggie, alive, and bring her home. Maggie is determined that not only will she escape but she will take every one of the women she can rescue with her too! Will they be successful or has Maggie pressed her luck one time too many? This is by far the most haunting book of the series so far, especially when it follows the happiness found in book 5. The plot is chilling, the cha
Iain
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie-authors
Jumping into the middle of this series of books wasn't a problem. The characters were well developed and the plot rattled along at breakneck speed. The action pieces were well written and the tension sustained for the full novel. A good read for any fans if the genre.
Becky Claxon
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book. There was action, suspense, and some romance. I am sure if I read the first books in the series, I would understand some of the interactions. It was still a good book even though I didn’t read the previous books. I can’t even imagine what Maggie had to go through even though she was an DEA agent. The man she was trying to take down was a monster. The poor women she was trying to save broke my heart. I enjoyed watching Adam begin to get attracted to his boss, even thoug ...more
Patricia Romano-vetterman
Maggie’s Revenge is another winner in this book series by Jacquie Biggar!

Maggie’s Revenge captures your attention and keeps you engaged just like all of Jacquie Biggar’s book in this series. I am sad there is only one more book left. The author has me thoroughly invested in her characters. Please add more books to this series!
Sue
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart went out to Maggie. What she's willing to go thru to save the other women. But will she break before that happens and before she is sold. I wonder who will come to her rescue first and who will be her one and only. Frank or Adam. Action, danger, abuse. I read book two and learned of Maggie. That's why I jumped to this book to see what happens.
Mary West
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

This book seemed like it really did happen. Fast paced - the characters were
Interesting always needing to want happens next kept me absorbed in this book.
The courage of the women was inspirational

• Fake It for Me (Bad Boy Greeks, #1)
  • Seaside Summers: Books 1-3 Boxed Set (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers, #1-3)
  • Two Hearts Unspoken (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance, #2)
  • Men of Inked: Southside: Book One & Two
  • Every Last Secret: Sutton & Maddy (His to Claim, #4)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Blind Date (Christmas in Coral Canyon #7)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Man (Christmas in Coral Canyon #8)
  • That Unexpected Kiss (Kissed By Fate, #)
  • Possessive Doctor (Lofthouse Family #1)
  • Ruining the Billionaire's Wedding (Blue Ridge Mountain Billionaires, #0.5)
  • Cabin Fever (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Wrapped in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #1)
  • The Enforcers: Israel (Silverlake Enforcers, #2)
  • Dark Dragon's Mate (Darkwing Dragons #1)
  • She's Having a Baby (The Saints of San Diego #1)
  • Running with Horses
  • Elly in Bloom
  • Ponderosa Resort Volume 2: The Novellas (Ponderosa Resort Boxed Sets)
Jacquie Biggar is a USA Today bestselling author of romance who loves to write about tough, alpha males and strong, contemporary women willing to show their men that true power comes from love. She lives on Vancouver Island with her husband and loves to hear from readers all over the world!
In her own words:
“My name is Jacquie Biggar. When I'm not acting like a total klutz I am a wife, mother of on

Wounded Hearts (4 books)
  • Tidal Falls (Wounded Hearts, #1)
  • The Rebel's Redemption (Wounded Hearts, #2)
  • Twilight's Encore (Wounded Hearts #3)