Start by marking “Bad Habit (Bad Love, #1)” as Want to Read:

Bad Habit

(Bad Love #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  5,309 Ratings  ·  630 Reviews
BRIAR
I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago.
Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen.
We couldn't ever be together.
I was too young, and he was too untouchable.
He was too troubled, and I was too naive.
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of
Published November 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bad Habit, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Bad Habit (stand-alone). A forbidden bad boy romance wrecked by betrayal!

“He looks at me, still taunting, still daring me to look away with his bored stare.”

Bad Habit (stand-alone) opens up to the past with fourteen-year-old Briar Victoria Vale, Bry kissing her older brother’s best friend, bad boy Asher Kelley, Kelley or Ash.

The doubly forbidden fruit…

And their lives will never be the same. Fast forward three years and Kelley has returned for revenge and setting things right. He’s
Melanie
“It’s been three years. Three years since he walked out of my house and never came back. Three years since I’ve so much as heard his voice. Three years since I’ve been pining for a boy who was never even mine.”

Okay, I really don’t want to write up a long review for this, because I’m still suffering from the impact of giving another popular NA title a one star review that everyone else loves, but all I see is problematic content! So anyways, I’m going to try to keep this review short and just
L.J. Shen
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enemies-to-lovers is my kryptonite, and Bad Habit delivers in that department.
I urge you to pick this book up as soon as it comes out. It's the real deal, people. I promise you.

Disclaimer: this book is really emotional for me because it was written by a person that is really close to my heart, but it is *not* why I fully endorse it.

*drops mic*.
Dilek VT
About the identity of the writer:

The writer confesses at the end of the book that Charleigh and Rose were two people who were writing novellas & novels under a pen name and now Rose wants to go public whereas C. doesn’t as she is more interested in her actual career.

Rose confesses that she is Sunny Borek (Followers of L. J. Shen in facebook know her as Ms. Shen’s close friend, Sunny). She confesses that she was once a reviewer here on goodreads and then, she started to write books.

Well, the
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘BAD HABIT’: Is a standalone New Adult full length novel by Charleigh Rose. In this we meet Briar and Asher Kelly

We’ve all got that one bad habit, Briars bad habit comes in the form of bad boy Ash her brothers best friend.

Briar and Ash had a lot of almost moments, nearly kissing to kissing which could’ve turned into more, but it all came down to that thing we call timing. The timing just wasn’t right for these two.
Though Briar would’ve argued that fact until she was blue in the face.

Ash pu
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
“Some people say it’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, but those people have never been in love with Asher Kelly.”

Bad Habit is one of the best mature New Adult novels I’ve ever read. It has a little bit of everything and checked every one of my boxes.
o Sexy
o Angsty
o Emotional
o Well Written
Check, check, check, and double check!! It’s perfectly plotted and well-written. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen, while simultaneously hoping it’d n
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Because of you' Stars!

I’ve known about Charleigh Rose for a while. Actually, this is not my first experience with this author's writing. I read her first novella (Stepdaddy Savage) because a friend recommended it to me and I really enjoyed it. Well, I was even more surprised this time because I can assure you this woman knows very well how to write a full-length novel. I am hooked and I want more!

Bad Habit is the first installment in Charleigh’s new series called Bad Love. This book belongs
Belle Aurora
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this book based on three factors.

In many reviews, I read the phrase “enemies-to-lovers”.
Yas!
I was told it was a forbidden romance, in more than one way.
Oh, sweet jesus… yasss!
And, finally, the winning factor was the male lead was apparently… heavy breathing… an asshole.
Yas, bitch, yasss!

Now, anyone can assume to write a jerk of a hero, but whether it’s done well or not… that’s a whole other story.
The verdict:

Charleigh Rose can write an asshole, and she writes an asshole well.
Th
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳But can someone please hold because I am officially OBSESSED with Charleigh Rose, all in the good way...

A story filled with everything that is forbidden but feels way too good to pass over. That's what Charleigh provides and makes you not regret the decision of reading this book. To not spoil anything away, I am going to keep this quick and simple. This story is filled with forbidden romance coming from the best friend of the female's much older brother. At first, it is unidentified if the tw
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
3.9 underwhelming Stars...?

This was just okay for me, Charleigh Rose is normally a one click for me
Especially after the Savage Series, which I loved! but this was not what I
expected at all? at One point I wondered if this was even the same author?
Where was the Sass and the hot sexy times, it read more like a YA, which
as ya all know is Not my thing! I can’t fault the writing, it was good, the
plot, the characters, Asher & Briar, including the secondary character’s
But the steam was missing f
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You wanted to play big girl games,Briar. Now, I’m going to treat you like a big girl.

Whoah! Did it get hot in here or is it just me?! I wasn’t expecting to fall this bad boy but I did and like all Bad Habits, Asher Kelly was pretty hard to quit.

This story hit all of the right spots for me when it came to the forbidden romance aspect and I was practically drooling from the time I read the first chapter and I haven’t looked back since. Asher Kelly is a certified a**hole and there’s no other
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

Such a nice surprise!This is my first book from Charleigh Rose and I loved it.It has a little bit of everything, sexual tension,angst,great romance,super hot moments and emotional moments.

I love the chemistry between Briar and Asher.Asher is hot,cocky with a filthy mouth.He was exactly what I needed.Briar is sassy I really like her.I loved them together full of sexual tension and passionate moments.

Overall it was a great story and now I'm really excited to read more books from this autho
Jemima
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FOR GOODREADS

bad habit1

Title: Bad Habit (Bad Love #1)
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: November 16, 2017

ARC

OK. Bad Habit?! Hands down one of THE best New Adult books I have read this year!! THE BEST!!! It had everything I wanted and needed in a coming of age novel! everything!
The pre-pubescent crush that turns into a love thats so strong and profound? Check!

Bad Habit was fun, emotional, Sexy AF and did I mention AMAZING???!!! This book had the ups and downs... All the Roller coaster of emotions
Geri Reads
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
**SPOILERS AHEAD**

Sometimes, I do something that's totally unpredictable, like, oh, I don't know buy a book from a new-to-me author without reading reviews first. I mean, this book was everywhere this past few days and I was intrigued. And curious.

Welp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I gotta say, it wasn't the worst thing I've read this year. There were some character moments that were interesting, while others are just too over-the-top dramatic for me. And some of the characterizations felt off.

For example, Briar. During t
Hanne
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Briar has been having a crush on Asher for a few years. Asher is her older brother’s best friend and that makes Briar off limits to Asher. When Briar thinks she finally has a chance with Asher, he leaves suddenly. Briar is devastated. Years go by and Briar nor her brother hear from Asher. When Asher returns home, Briar is still hurt, but her attraction to him is still strong. Asher has changed and he isn’t very nice to Briar, but she’s determined to find out what happened years ago and why he’s ...more
Charleigh Rose
Oct 14, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Bad Habit has a blurb! And I promise, we are so close to the release date.
Interested in helping share the cover? Sign up for the reveal HERE --> http://bit.ly/2xEWaBg

Melanie (mells_view)
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad Habit is the perfect mixture of fun, emotional, and hot. If you enjoy reading new adult with a Dash (get it? No? Well read the book and you will.) of angst, and all the tension you get from an enemies to lovers/brother’s best friend romance, then this is the book for you! Charleigh Rose effortlessly throws us into Briar & Asher’s world and makes feeling what they are feeling so easy with her words.

I loved Asher. He was just enough of an asshole without it being like, “why does she even w
Paige
4 “Baby Girl” Stars

There is nothing like a tortured hero and the girl that soothes his soul.

Bad Habit is a friends to lovers to enemies to lovers story. It might be a bit taboo-ish for some but it was sexy as sin with depth in the characters, their connection and their history. Briar has been in love with Asher for years. Her brother’s best friend from a bad home spends more time at her house than his. And over the years, she can’t help but fall for the broody and aloof Asher. But one night chan
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
I won't be rating this book since I mostly skimmed to the end after 40%.

Sadly this was just not my cuppa at all. I think this author has a potentially great career in front of them once they find their own voice. Unfortunately that was the biggest piece that kept me from enjoying this book. It felt like a watered down version of some of my previous favorites from authors like Penelope Douglas, LJ Shen, and the like. My other issue was the characters. I never connected with them. Aside from the a
chandler ainsley ❁
dnf @ 56%

i'm sorry, i'm a complete masochist and can put up with almost anything that the NA genre throws my way but this was just bad. and this review is probably going to be bad too, so i'm sorry in advance.

everything you hate about the NA genre is probably found in this book. it revolves around Asher and Briar, who we're supposed to believe REALLY HATE EACH OTHER and that this is going to be some epic enemies-to-lovers story. but in reality, Briar has been pining after Asher-the-asshole forev
Snow
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ah...
This was like a teen tease getting towards the barely YA tantrum/angsty filled drama...and unrequited love over a misunderstanding but actually a potential criminally prosectuted act...

But upon the return of a 'bad boy' to his home town after three years being gone, leaving his friends and the girl he always loved but who betrayed him ( entering a huge questiin mark-first time she's 14 he's 18...yeah quite the Romeo & Juliet kinda fling, n'est pas?) BUT with all the will power, he can't
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
WOWZER!!!

Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose was emotionally and sexually charged!! I felt like a powder keg in danger of combusting. SIZZLE!!!

First, if you like your stories to have a touch of the forbidden, you better pick up Bad Habit right now. The same about sexual tension - holy moly!!!! It felt like the air was charged whenever Asher and Briar were in the same room. And who doesn't like a bad boy hero with a filthy mind, mouth, and balls to follow through.

I definitely DO!!!!!!

Asher's snarky and b
Whitney
For Briar Vale, it has always been him. Asher Kelley, the beautiful boy with the mismatched eyes, was off-limits. He is a certified bad boy, three years older than her, and best friends with her older brother - Dash. The last reason should have been more than enough to keep away from him.

Briar gives in to temptation one night when Asher sneaks in bruised and bloody. Asher tries to push her away, but he feels their connection too. Ecstatic, Briar feels like she finally broke through to Asher tha
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“My best side is your worst creation.”

Briar always had a thing for her brother's best friend, Asher, and while he's drawn to her...she's only fourteen and he's four years older.

Luckily, we get a three year time jump but a lot has happened...or hasn't happened in that time frame. Asher did leave but not off to college and he holds what happened to him as Briar's betrayal.

Briar has no clue what Asher's been up and has been trying to go on with her life, in fact, she's a little shocked to
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
3 Good Try Stars

Maybe it’s because I got my period and I’m physically tired and I’m in physically in pain but for the life of me I can’t find a good book. Bad Habit wasn’t a bad book, it just didn’t blow my mind, but that is okay.

Bad Habit is an easy read and I like the casual writing. I prefer that style. Did it have flaws? Yes, does it read slightly unpolished and immature? Yes, BUT that doesn’t really mean anything, except for the fact I feel like this author can grow.

First off, I hate it whe
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*5 All My Love Is Bad For You* Nutella Jars

OH.MY.WORD. *insert a thousand crying emojis* CR what have you done to me. Bad habit was everything and more I had anticipated and I can't even begin to describe how fantastic this story was.

Our story revolves around Briar Vale a larger then life heroine who has so much heart to give well let's say she gave it to a guy who couldn't ever be hers he wasn't just a bad habit he was bad from head to toe.

Our hero Asher knew he should stay away from briar ca
Yasmin
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charleigh Rose, what have you done to my little black heart? GAH! Bad Habit was one of my most anticipated reads this year.

The best friend’s little sister trope has always been a favorite of mine. So, of course, I enjoyed this book immensely. How could I not? It was love at first sight. Literally. The cover is delicious. *drools*

I was pulled into Asher and Briar’s story from page one. I got very little sleep because I stayed up all night reading. Bad Habit was that good, I just couldn’t bring my
bookmarkbelles
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal!!! I was hooked from the start and could not put this bad boy down! I read it in one sitting and never wanted it to end. Sadly, it did. It's a sexy and angsty read and I enjoyed every minute of it. I CANNOT wait to continue the rest of this series but I know that in my heart no one will compare to Asher Kelley cause he's the ultimate book boyfriend in my opinion. It's definitely a MUST READ and one of my top faves for this year. Would it be weird if I went back and re re ...more
Greta
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
People say it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, but those people have never been in love with Asher Kelley.

Se non siete state innamorate di Asher Kelley non potete capire la distruzione interiore che ho avuto leggendo questo libro. Una storia che mi ha fatta soffrire ed eccitare, per le tante scene hot che ci sono, ma sono un po' morta dentro, vedendo certi comportamenti. Urlavo contro il reader dicendo "eddai, svegliati, fai qualcosa!", ma non cambiava nulla.

Ash
Tianna✸loves books✸
I'm so fed up of these desperate heroines and abusive jerk heroes. This was a big DNF for me.

Charleigh Rose lives in Narnia with her husband and two young children. She's hopelessly devoted to unconventional love and pizza. When she isn't reading or mom-ing, she's writing moody, broody, swoony romance.

Bad Love (2 books)
  • Bad Intentions (Bad Love, #2)
“Second chances are not given to make things right, but are given to prove that we could be better even after we fall. -Unknown” 10 likes
“They all love Briar, and I’m not surprised. The girl could make friends with a brick wall.” 6 likes