Start by marking “Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)

Skater Boy

(Hot Off the Ice #3)

In a world that measures success in dollars, how do you put a price on happiness?

Love, marriage, and a baby carriage. It’s all Alex Staunton has ever wanted. Well, that and an Olympic medal for figure skating. The medal he got. The rest of it - not so much.

When his most recent poor decision comes to a door-slamming end, Alex moves into the house of his best friend, Thu
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 303 pages
Published January 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Skater Boy, please sign up.
Erin This is the only book I have read in the series and I thought it worked well as a stand-alone. It mentions characters from the other books and mention…moreThis is the only book I have read in the series and I thought it worked well as a stand-alone. It mentions characters from the other books and mentions their drama, but it did not distract from the current story and I didn't feel like I was missing anything.(less)

Start your review of Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book gets 4 stars despite the various editing issues, which the author seriously needs to address. When numerous reviews mention the distraction of multiple grammatical mistakes (e.g., run-on sentences, names not capitalized, missing words, extra words, and sentences that just make no sense), it's time to do something about it!

Setting the grammar aside, I can say that I really enjoyed the story. Sergei is a big, buff dream of a man, so damn sexy and crazy in love with his best friend Alex.
Cadiva
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely addition to this series

4.5*

This is my favourite one yet in Amy's Hot Off the Ice series. Sergei has been around the Thunder since the beginning of the series and the big Russian goalie has always intrigued me.

Now we get his long time in the coming love story with Alex, the former Olympic ice skater who's been his best friend since they were 16.

I know I've mentioned previously about odd little niggling typos or editing mistakes, and my friend Dani commented on some in this one, but
BR11
They were adorable. What can I say? I have a weak spot for the friends to lovers trope. Specially when one of them is pretty inexperienced.
The steam buils up as Alex realizes that Sergei is all he ever wanted. I loved their love story. It took a while for Sergei to realize the depth of his feelings for Alex but once he did, he was all in.
That cover made me down the rating. I hate it when the guys depicted in the cover don’t match their description in the book. Is it so difficult to find a guy w
Len Evans Jr
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
If I could give this book 10 stars it still would not convey just how absolutely fabulous this book is. In this 4th book in the series, Ms. Wasp scores a shutout! She has managed to perfectly weave romance, hot sex, family and humor into a book that made me laugh, cry and yeah made my jeans uncomfortably tight on more than one occasion. Alex and Sergei are genuine, hot as heck, real and flawed, which means they are just like you and me. Having known each other since they were both in their teens ...more
haletostilinski

I'm sorry to say that this was my least favorite of the series. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I did. I loved Sergei, and the story and plot was as interesting as the past three books in this series have been.

But while I liked Alex...he frustrated me beyond belief in this. While his hang ups are completely understandable, I think it was just the way he was written - how he dealt with things, how he acted, and so on, that frustrated me.

And just the way the story was structured, too. About
Line
Sep 24, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Skater-Boy-H... ...more
Bitchie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
There was a lot of this to really like, but just as much to bog it down for me. I loved the slow burn of it all, even if I didn't quite get Alex's hesitance, considering they were best friends, and Alex has pretty much been in love with Sergei for half his life. It's not like they have to get know each other, that's already been done. I actually didn't get most of Alex's hangups. He kept talking about not wanting to be a "kept man" anymore, but he was only with Charles for a few months, and was ...more
Don Bradshaw
Great story but all of the Russian and French mixed in took pulled me from story. I enjoyed the SAPS and the way that they incorporated Alex into their group. Ms Wasp, please hire a decent editor and do your wonderful stories justice!
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

This hurts me to have to write because not only do I really love this author’s work, I’ve also absolutely adored this series, but this book just didn’t work for me. It wasn’t bad, but it was missing something, especially compared to the first three books, all of which were fantastic.

I loved Sergei, but something about Alex rubbed me the wrong way and I never quite warmed up to him throughout the story. I can’t even pinpoint what I didn’t like, he just didn’t do it for me, for some reas
ReadingAllNite
Heckin’ fun

This was very sweet and funny. Alex and Sergei were great characters and I liked getting both POV’s. The dialogue was introspective at times with Alex struggling to redefine his sense of self-worth. It was also witty and fun, although I kind of wish Alex hadn’t been defaulted to a “mom” type role with the kids. I did enjoy all the words of wisdom from their friends which included the team and their wives. There were a few minor issues but I still thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Lynn
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hockey romance with a friends to lovers between a hockey goalie and a figure skater. An instant family also comes into play and the vulnerability that comes through beautifully. The part that is most touching was the slut shaming that Alex does to himself. The self worth some people find from another person is heartbreaking and an endless cycle and I'm so glad a character like him so important and glad that it was a part of this story.
Christine
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The best in the series imo. Sergei & Alex are adorable together. ...more
Alisa
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

Not my favorite book in the series but still an entertaining installment.
Bárbara
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so pure and satisfying... I loved it.

It's no secret that I love a good friends-to-lovers, that I am a sucker for different kinds of slowburn, and that I'm all for soft, gentle things.

This wasn't a slowburn in the strict sense of the word, but in a way it still felt like that to me. It was a sort of "emotional" slowburn, due to the process of the characters to get to be on the same page emotionally... Okay, I'm rambling, and not making any sense. I know you won't consider this a slowbur
namericanwordcat
I am a big fan of this series and even pre ordered this book though I knew it would be on Kindle Unlimited to which I subscribe.

I think this book is really most pleasurable if you have read the series as the timelines overlap and wind around each other. I think the character development of Alex and Sergei leans a bit too heavily on the earlier books but that will make for fun rereading.

Sergei is a wonderful gentle giant of a hockey player hero who is a bookworm and multilingual. He has a very s
Emily Seelye
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, hockey
I really enjoyed this, but just a few too many typos.
Alison
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was waiting for this one. And it was worth it.

Sergei and Alex have known each other since they were adolescents. Sergei the big, appearingly brutish hockey player with a heart of gold. Alex the Olympic winning figure skater, now retired and struggling to figure out what to do with his life. Not getting into a lot of details (you can read/enjoy those for yourself) Alex finds himself without a place to live, and his long-time friend brings him to his house.

While the book is about the relationsh
Jerry
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
This was a tearjerker for me. Pushes all the buttons.
Strong huge hockey player secretly is in love with svelte figure skater who loves said hockey player but thinks they can only be friends, complications ensue.

This book finally gets the team more involved with the MCs. Previous books mostly revolved around the guys alone. I really loved this one. I thought there were some elements of the story that were not completely finished, some of which were both MC's relationships with the play
Earlyn
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Friends to lovers

I enjoyed the progress and leap Alex and Sergei made from best friends to lovers.
Alex and Sergei met as teenagers. Both loved each other but did not know how to express their feelings.
Finding that connection after Alex broke up with his boyfriend was the best thing Sergei ever did.
For once they were on the same page and they could finally express their feelings.
As they are figuring out how to have a loving relationship. Sergei has unexpected news.
It was interesting to see how th
Amber
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Skater Boy is the fourth book in the Hot Of the Ice series by A. E. Wasp. I loved this book and this fabulous series. I loved how these guys have a strong connection because of their past, supporting one another and how their love evolved. It was a great story of hockey, teammates coming to help, babies and ultimately both of them truly learning love is really all that matters. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Rissa
3.5 really!

I heart Sergei! I like all the supporting characters too!

I also like how even though it's part of a series, I was never once lost. The author explained well. It was just frustrating with the misspelled words, wrong names, etc.
J. Taylor
My fave of the series. The characters, the pace, the plot, the romance was just not as good in the previous as this one.
Pjm12
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gah! The babies turn up much later than I expected, but by the time they do, we are totally sucked into this burgeoning relationship between Sergei and Alex, and absolutely want this family to work.

Loved all the different languages they speak, and the development of Alex's self-esteem. Maybe it's all too cosy at the end, but I wanted them to have IT ALL!!
Elaine
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Good Story

I loved this story, it was well written, and had a good storyline. I enjoyed the characters. The twins were adorable.
Judy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is one of a series and I did not care for it as much as the others. It was nearly a DNF at the 30% mark. I stuck with it and it DID get better. Still not enough for a re read.
Claudia
this one is so hard to rate as I liked it but was also annoyed with it. First of all: I read just the first book in this series, but not the second. but I think these books can be read as stand-alone, therefore that does not make a difference in the rating.

what annoyed me most was that the blurb, as it is written on Goodreads, is a major spoiler because that has all the important factors in it but not in the right order - so you are waiting for things which you think comes first, but they come a
Sophie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, m-m
Sadly, I'm a little disappointed with this series. I quite liked the first book, but the second was already not as good as it could have been, and this? Was frustrating because it had so much potential that was pretty much wasted.

I loved Alex and Sergei - Alex, a French-Canadian figure skater and Sergei, the big Russian goalie. The two have been best friends for years, but after a bad break up Alex moves in with Sergei who tells him that he wants them to be more than friends. It takes them a wh
Lagaertha
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Well, 3 Stars....

While reading the first 50-60% percent I considered to give it 4 stars, I found the connection between Sergei and Alex so good, I loved the Russian accent, and there were some really hot scenes as well as good characterization of the MCs(though I don’t really understand why they haven’t found some models that looked like them on the cover, perhaps a minor detail😌)

Then there was all that drama, messy, loud drama, that I found a bit ridiculous, not in a good way though. And the ed
Megan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-bi, romantic, arc, sexy
A man who lacks the confidence to ask for what he wants and another who wants only to give him the world. Alex and Sergei have been friends for half their lives with distance, careers, and relationships never separating them for long. One night, one fight, one momentous change in their lives could spell either disaster or the forever neither of them had the courage to reach for.

Sergei is a giant of a man with a heart to match. Well, a, uh, certain appendage too... He's loved Alex as a friend and
Katherine
Dec 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • First Season (Harrisburg Railers, #2)
  • Changing Lines (Harrisburg Railers, #1)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Last Defense (Harrisburg Railers #5)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Shadow and Light (Arizona Raptors, #3)
  • Shot on Goal (Pucks & Rainbows, #3)
  • Ryker (Owatonna U Hockey #1)
  • Guarding Garrett (Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid)
  • The Nature of the Game (Stick Side #2)
  • Changing the Rules (Crashing, #3)
  • On the Ice (Stick Side, #1)
  • Loving Layne
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Hot Off the Ice (5 books)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)

News & Interviews