Start by marking “The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)

The Body Painter

(Master of Trickery Duet #1)

“Must be slim, able to stand for long periods of time, and be impervious to the cold.”

The second line piqued my curiosity.

“Able to hold your bladder and tongue, refrain from opinions or suggestions, and be the perfect living canvas.”

The third made me scowl.

“Other attribut
Published August 20th 2019 (first published August 16th 2019)

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Body Painter by Pepper Winters
    The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
    Release date: Aug 20, 2019
    A Signed & Personalized Paperback of THE BODY PAINTER.

Pepper rarely does Signed Paperback Giveaways these days, so be sure to enter!
    Release day

LIVE EARLY! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
    Blurb:
    Th
    KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic the-body-painter

OMG I can't believe I have been chasing this book since last year so as you can expect this book right here had my anticipation levels sky rocketing!! I had such high expectations for this book!!

So looking at my rating of 3 stars I liked it but I didn't love it..And it pains me to rate it as such..

Me and books have been in a real weird place of late, if this is what a book funk feels like I want off of it!!

This took me a while to get into, it even took me longer than normal to finish, it jus
    Pepper Winters
    Aug 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
    LIVE EARLY!! Available Now Everywhere

THE BODY PAINTER (Master of Trickery #1)
    Amazon: https://amzn.to/2YWaNCT
    Amazon.uk: https://amzn.to/2KGmzsg
    Amazon.ca: https://amzn.to/2OZmJz3
    Amazon.au: https://amzn.to/2z1F7fU
    Paperback: https://amzn.to/2MoiE5w
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WN88FN3

5 STARS

“You are in my mouth, up my nose, in my fucking blood. I need to see you. I want you as broken as you’ve made me.”

What a ride, I devour it in one sitting!The body Painter was everything I wanted and even more!I'm speechless, I was hooked from the very start and I was mesmerized, the writing was flawless and the unique characters were so addictive that I just couldn't put it down!

This is happening whenever I start a new book from Pepper W
    MELISSA *Mel Reader*
    Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    4 Stars!
    (ARC provided by author)

-"I want you as broken as you've made me."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Olin Moss moved back to Birmingham, England a couple years ago when her dancing dreams went up in flames. Now she's just trying to make ends meet, so when she see's an interesting ad looking for the perfect living canvas she decides to apply. She then comes face to face with body painter Gil Clark, who is known as the Master of Trickery. He's an incredibly talented artist who has become an online sensation with his you tu
    Stephanie (Bookfever)
    Lately it's taking me longer to get through books and this is fine because I want to make sure I enjoy the stories I'm reading but with this new Pepper Winters book it only took me about four days to read it and that's really fast for me. This means that I really, really enjoyed this story. I was pretty hooked!

Olin and Gil... what can I say about them except that their story made my heart ache so much. I loved the deep and pure connection they had ever since they were teenagers, the pull and pus
    Hulya Kara Yuksel
    Gil & Olin took my whole life energy and I *mentally* kicked them on the face too many times while I was reading this book but still that end gave me WTF vibes... 😳😳😳 I'm giving 3 stars because it was so frustrating the push&pull between Gil & Olin. I found it too much but still I hope you don't mind my rating and you give a chance to this story. Who knows maybe you'll love it more than I did...👍

And now I'm literally dying to read 2nd book! Ugh hopefully soon... 😬😬😬
    Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Sometimes a story comes along which takes you by your scruff and shoves you right in the midst of a swirling, dangerous storm. The events unfold all around you and you watch helplessly your favorite characters take a beating,bleed, hurt, ache, cry and wail. This is such a story!
    “You haven’t changed. You hurt me when we were younger and you’ve hurt me now.”
    “Congratulations, Gilbert, you’re successfully the only man who’s broken my heart. Twice.”

This is the most Unique love story I've ever read
    A body canvas.
    Forbidden.
    Passion.
    Art.

Sign me up for this journey immediately!

The third made me scowl.
    AngelsFly Angela Michaeli
    Shelves: 5-stars
    Screenshot-20190822-020048-Gallery

The Body Painter - Pepper Winters
    Duet

When I hear that Pepper starts writing a new book I'm literally counting the days and I was so exited for this one! as usual it was WOW!!! amazing. 💣💣💣

Gil and Oli met in high school. Oli the popular girl that everyone wanted to be around, finds her self drawn to the outcast and closed Gil. the boy no one cares to know, the one that everyone has forgotten.

Years later. looking for a new job, Oli set an interview for a live canvas for a body painter. the past
    Book Maniac Forever

5 "O" Stars
    It’s always a challenge writing a review that does justice to Pepper Winters’s books! The Body Painter nearly killed me with the level of feels it delivers! Angst is bleeding from the pages of this story, despair and agony, utter love and passion! A pure amalgam of sensations that got to me deeply! Pepper Winters uses her superb poetic prose to keep you riveted to this unique story and makes it even more addictive!

"Then you went and kissed me and the liess fell apart."
    "That ki
    Mirjam
    Jun 08, 2018 marked it as 1-tbr

“I’m not interested in talking.” The way his voice thickened like a river churning gravel made me hesitate.
    My heart raced. I tilted my head. “What are you interested in?” It was breathy question. A gambling question. Technically, I knew what he was interested in.
    Throwing me from his warehouse.
    But there was something else.
    Something just beneath the surface.
    Something he didn’t want to acknowledge.
    “Nothing you can give me.” He stopped an arm’s length away. I stepped back, only to slam against th
    Malimor86
    Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Photo-Grid-1565362908899-01
    upload image

📚 “If you knew me, you’d run from me.” His voice thickened. “You should run. Please, God. Run.” 📚

GOD, I've been waiting for this book for too long!!! I even embarrassingly stalked Pepper until the ARC reached my Kindle. LOL 🙈
    In the past, she wrote that this was one of her darkest duets, and I'll admit I was worried. But around 50% I thought: "This is it? What exactly is dark in here?!?" 😂

Until, suddenly... BOOM!!!! 💥💥💥
    Everything exploded like only Pepper Winters knows- and I wa
    Caroline
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: pepper-winters
    « Touching you was the worst mistake of my life. »

Ohmygoodness !!! Pepper Winters is back with a vengeance with this psychological thriller.
    Dark and disturbing, intense and passionnate, The Body Painter kept me hanging on the edge of WTF ??? and my poor head is still spinning !
    The end left me stunned.
    I cannot wait for #2 to be released – The Living Canvas.

« Goddamit, O. How do you do it ? How do you forgive and forgive ? How do you have such power over me to make me forget… even for a little wh
    Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
    Ughh this book is so frustrating! I want to punch Gil in the face. BUT... I also want to hold him and love him and cry for him. My heart is so broken after finishing The Body Painter. I just want to climb back into this book and see how this story ends!
    This is such a great read. It’s unique and hard to describe. I understand why Pepper has been keeping it under wraps. It doesn’t really fit into a category. It’s dark, angsty, sexy, and absolutely heartbreaking. But it’s more than that too. It’s e
    Moon Love
    Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I wrote this amazing review last night right after I finished reading the book, from my phone. The universe didn't want me to post so it didn't save, so I'm going to try to recreate some of it and hope it takes.

Wow! The Body Painter is everything Pepper Winters promised us and more. The teasers shared so far don't even begin to hint at the depths of this book. Pepper has always been a master of words and her talent at crafting a story that leaves its mark on you continues with this book.

I loved
    Bell Pepper
    Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I am already dying to read it:) Pepper Winters! You're the best!
    Sue's Romance Reviews
    Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book not only consumed me, it swallowed me whole! Mind blown! 😮😳😍.

OMG! OMG! OMG! Oh. MY GAAAAWD! That ending stopped my heart and left me with my jaw agape.

I was expecting a dark read but what I got was so much MORE than that! The angst, the suspense, the mounting tension, the consuming mystery. All of it devoured me whole. Throughout this book, I had a death-grip on my kindle and my heart rate skyrocketed.

Olin and Gil have a Desperate, fierce, protective, passionate and hurtful kind of lo
    ImJaclyn
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    *** 3 Stars ***

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

You can't say Pepper Winters doesn't write an exciting story. This book was intense. My feelings about it are all over the place. I both loved and hated it. I can't remember reading a book that made me feel so strongly in both a good and bad way.

Let's first talk about what I hated. My biggest problem with this book - Olin. Our heroine. Now, I haaatttteeee disliking the heroine. I hate it. Because female characters are alw
    Laurie
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I don't think anyone can create the aura of torturous emotional, psychological, and, even sometimes, physical pain better than Pepper Winters. She's done it again with The Body Painter.

When I read a book by this author, I always begin by hardening my heart a bit and taking a step aside from my own emotions. Even so, her characters remain able to seep through and grab at my soul.

I believe Gilbert Clark may be the most broken male character any author has created, at least any I've ever read about
    J.E. Benoit
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

“No past. No history. You’re nothing more than a canvas and I’m nothing more than a painter. That’s it. That’s all there can ever be.”

The blurb doesn’t say too much about the story itself so I won’t spend too much time on a recap but the basic gist of it is that Olin Moss gets way more than she bargained for when she replies to a help wanted ad to be a model for a local body pain
    Jeprs
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Audio and Book Jewels blog...

This book... left me speechless! I kept trying to figure out what the secret could be.... never in a million years did I come close to the truth!!

Pepper Winters is a writer like no other... every book, every character comes to life with her words. She is a master at making readers breathless with anticipation of what will happen next! I could not put this book down. It took me less than a day to read it! I was absolutely breathless at the end... nearly jumping out of
    Talon
    Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    ”How could a man who surrounded himself in barricades suddenly leave himself wide open for attack?”

I loved this book.
    I love Pepper Winters.
    She is my absolute favorite guilty pleasure author and read. If I ever want to indulge myself into some troubled men / troubled women I ALWAYS go to her— her writing never fails me.

I love how Pepper creates the relationships that she does. The heart-wrench filled / angst filled ones. The troubled boy, the troubled girl. The troubled past. I LOVE THE TROUBLE!
    Caroline - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
    I was advised by a good friend I HAD to read this book. So I read the book. Suffice to say said friend copped some choice words when I reached the end haha.

It was my first book by this author and let me tell you I was hooked from the very beginning and stayed that way til the very last word. At which point I was ready to throw my kindle as far as I could.

The story and characters were so intense you just can't help being pulled into their lives as well as in different directions depending on wha
    Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
    Pepper Winters stories completely immerse me.
    Real life slips away and I’m lost in the worlds she creates.
    Gil is a tortured and broken soul. His upbringing and choices he has been forced to me has been killing him.
    Olin is still desperately in love with the boy that got away.
    Them meeting again is not exactly kismet.
    Gil has so many secrets. Some that could prove deadly.
    Olin simply wants his love. However, she doesn’t realize the danger sees in until it’s too late.
    I’m numb and eager for the conclu
    Em Dorsey ~ Two Darlin Dolls and a Book Review ~
    “Monsters walk amongst us. They wear the same skin. They just hide who they are.”

Holy....The Body Painter was nothing like I expected it to be. I was on the edge for the entire book trying to figure out how it would turn out. The prologue pulls you in, leaving you shaken and anxious for what lies ahead on the pages.

“God, please stop. Stop making me hurt.”

Olin is independent, has a warm heart always willing to help others and put their happiness before hers but underneath it all she is extremely
    We Like them Dark **
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    There’s only a handful of authors that come to mind that can convey a certain type of gut punching emotion-the kind of emotion that leaves you almost crippled when you finish one of their stories. Pepper Winters is one of those authors for me, and The Body Painter has fulfilled every hope and dream I could ever have guessed for it. I went into this book pretty blind-and that’s my best piece of advice for reading one of this authors books. I stay away from the teasers, I honestly don’t even read ...more
    Beverly
    Gil is a protector at heart but he is also a lost man.

description

This story is so hard that I hate it and love it and hate some more. If Pepper Winters wanted to ruined my day I will tell her this: Mission Accomplished girl.

My heart breaks for Gil, Olin and Olive. Can't wait for the second book

Lisa
    Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This is so much more than I thought it was going to be. The Body Painter, the advertisement, was fate and started a chain reaction. I don't know how to say any more without spoiling things, as the only blurb is just the ad and her reaction to it.

I will say it focuses on Gil and Olin, second chances, and has a feeling of unease and suspense throughout. Gil is a wall of secrets and a tormented soul. Olin has always had to be strong, independent, but she only has eyes for one man. This ends on a t
    R.f. Greenwood
    Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019, arc
    This story is raw.
    This story is gritty.
    This story is real.
    This story is life.
    Pepper Winters has such a way with words that the emotions you feel have you feeling completely ripped open and bare to the world.
    The characters are bloody amazing and so well written, so easy to like, so easy to read.
    Olin and Gil have that type of story that completely grips you from the first page. I felt so drawn to Gil though. He's very aloof and mysterious that you find yourself so immersed into him.
    Olin was bea
    « previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Can't Own This (Can't Touch This, #2)
    • The Prince and the Pawn (When Rivals Play, #4)
    • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
    • Savages
    • Commitment
    • Before the Dawn
    • Take (Deliver, #5)
    • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
    • Pen vs. Sword
    • Twenty to Life
    • Overture (North Security, #1)
    • Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
    • Jersey Six
    • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
    • Lists and Lies
    • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
    • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
    • Talen
    Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an multiple #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. With 20 books

Master of Trickery Duet (2 books)
    • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)