Start by marking “The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)

The Body Painter

(Master of Trickery Duet #1)

“Must be slim, able to stand for long periods of time, and be impervious to the cold.”

The second line piqued my curiosity.

“Able to hold your bladder and tongue, refrain from opinions or suggestions, and be the perfect living canvas.”

The third made me scowl.

“Other attribut
Published August 20th 2019 (first published August 16th 2019)

Start your review of The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"If I was brutally honest with myself, I was mostly in love with her and I’d never even said hello."

description

I had to read this book sectionally. Only because I promised myself I would not DNF it, nor would I make my final judgement until and unless I've read that last page. I knew I had to leave my review for a handful of days after release day, because for all intents and purposes - Pepper Winters deserves any and all success with her releases, and I wanted to give myself time to try and understa
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE EARLY! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

Thanks for my ARC! AN EX & A NEMESIS…COURTESY PEPPER! [rubs hands together]

Book 1 in duet.
LIVE EARLY! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
The th
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic the-body-painter

OMG I can't believe I have been chasing this book since last year so as you can expect this book right here had my anticipation levels sky rocketing!! I had such high expectations for this book!!

So looking at my rating of 3 stars I liked it but I didn't love it..And it pains me to rate it as such..

Me and books have been in a real weird place of late, if this is what a book funk feels like I want off of it!!

This took me a while to get into, it even took me longer than normal to finish,
Pepper Winters
Aug 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE EARLY!! Available Now Everywhere

THE BODY PAINTER (Master of Trickery #1)
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2YWaNCT
Paperback: https://amzn.to/2MoiE5w
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Hulya by: Beatrice Masaluñga
Gil & Olin took my whole life energy and I *mentally* kicked them on the face too many times while I was reading this book but still that end gave me WTF vibes... 😳😳😳 I'm giving 3 stars because it was so frustrating the push&pull between Gil & Olin. I found it too much but still I hope you don't mind my rating and you give a chance to this story. Who knows maybe you'll love it more than I did...👍

And now I'm literally dying to read 2nd book! Ugh hopefully soon... 😬😬😬
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
Our attraction exploded. Our togetherness ruptured. It burned. It ached. It wanted.

It's no secret that Pepper Winters is a master when it comes to crafting intricate and captivating stories, and the Master of Trickery duet is no exception. It was beautifully written, twisted with secrets, and smothered with pain.

Unfortunately as much as I wanted to love it, I struggled immensely to get into the story. Much like all Pepper's books, this one was lengthy. And while there's a riv
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WN88FN3

5 STARS

“You are in my mouth, up my nose, in my fucking blood. I need to see you. I want you as broken as you’ve made me.”

What a ride, I devour it in one sitting!The body Painter was everything I wanted and even more!I'm speechless, I was hooked from the very start and I was mesmerized, the writing was flawless and the unique characters were so addictive that I just couldn't put it down!

description

This is happening whenever I start a new book from Pepper
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Photo-Grid-1565362908899-01
upload image

📚 “If you knew me, you’d run from me.” His voice thickened. “You should run. Please, God. Run.” 📚

GOD, I've been waiting for this book for too long!!! I even embarrassingly stalked Pepper until the ARC reached my Kindle. LOL 🙈
In the past, she wrote that this was one of her darkest duets, and I'll admit I was worried. But around 50% I thought: "This is it? What exactly is dark in here?!?" 😂

Until, suddenly... BOOM!!!! 💥💥💥
Everything exploded like only Pepper Winters knows- and I
SusanAhh
“Something unique and special and absolutely terrifying.”

“Though I am often in the depths of misery, there is still calmness, pure harmony and music inside me. I see paintings or drawings in the poorest cottages, in the dirtiest corners. And my mind is driven towards these things with an irresistible momentum.”—Vincent Van Gogh (This quote taken from the last two sentences of Epigraph before the book.)

In her indomitable writing style, Pepper Winters spins a dark twisted tale of star-cros
Radd Reader
”We’d always been made for each other. Time had ripped us apart, but fate had brought us back.”

This is book 1 of a duet. It ends with a doozy of a cliffhanger, so you will need to read book 2.

Characters:
Olin: outside she seems all put together, but the reality is that her parents don’t care about her and they are always gone so she takes care of herself and is lonely. Gil and dancing are what bring her happiness.

Gil: he definitely doesn’t come from a good home. “I live in a whore house.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-"I want you as broken as you've made me."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Olin Moss moved back to Birmingham, England a couple years ago when her dancing dreams went up in flames. Now she's just trying to make ends meet, so when she see's an interesting ad looking for the perfect living canvas she decides to apply. She then comes face to face with body painter Gil Clark, who is known as the Master of Trickery. He's an incredibly talented artist who has become an online sensation with his you
Maia
50% into the book. And the writer still doesn't get to the point.
A heads up : 50% of the book is repetitive. There is no head, body, structure of any sort. Every other chapter is a switch b/w the past & the present. And really nothing happens. You're merely spending a week at best both in the past & present with the heroine just being needy, not understanding the meaning of no, annoying the brains out of both the reader & the hero (we're supposed to believe that it's just unresolved conflict) I
Olga therebelreader
I have no idea why I love this book so much. There are definite things missing, like more of a faster plot and the complete obliviousness of the heroine in this book mind of drove me crazy; but, for some reason, the combination of characters and situations just worked perfectly. The fragility of Gil & Olin’s relationship felt believable and never became exhausting for me as a reader. The alternating POV enables the reader to bond with both of them and strengthened my understanding of both charac ...more
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

I love dark romance as much as the next reader, but there’s a fine line between romance and the romanticisation of toxic, destructive ‘romance’. The Body Painter left me close to tears, filled with gratitude that this finally ended and saddened because the content left me with absolute unease. In this twisted illustration of romance, there’s so much bitter hatred and uncalled for threats, it shocked me that this author, known for her unconventional dark romances, released this darker contrast.

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 “on pins and needles” stars

How could you leave us like this Pepper??????????????

I NEED to know what will happen next! You are just enjoying torturing us I know it!

Okay folks, what’s this book about and should you read it or not.

About reading it or not, know that you must love a big dose of mystery in your romance, tortured and flawed hero AND there are some scenes, few luckily, very very very hard to read because …abuse.

I won’t say more as I don’t want to spoil your fun about this but
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a story comes along which takes you by your scruff and shoves you right in the midst of a swirling, dangerous storm. The events unfold all around you and you watch helplessly your favorite characters take a beating,bleed, hurt, ache, cry and wail. This is such a story!
“You haven’t changed. You hurt me when we were younger and you’ve hurt me now.”
“Congratulations, Gilbert, you’re successfully the only man who’s broken my heart. Twice.”

This is the most Unique love story I've ever re
Liber_Lady
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it
***ARC GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE OF AN HONEST REVIEW***

This is a story about Gil and Olin. Gil is aka Gilbert Clark. It's about Olin re-discovering her first love, Gil, when she goes to an appointment through an advertisement. It's about Olin trying to figure out why Gil hates her. Why Gil left her? What broke them in the past? Along with all of these questions, there's underlying suspense and a murder mystery going on.

With such an intriguing plot, why 3 stars? Let me explain
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Lately it's taking me longer to get through books and this is fine because I want to make sure I enjoy the stories I'm reading but with this new Pepper Winters book it only took me about four days to read it and that's really fast for me. This means that I really, really enjoyed this story. I was pretty hooked!

Olin and Gil... what can I say about them except that their story made my heart ache so much. I loved the deep and pure connection they had ever since they were teenagers, the pull and pus
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I had to think on this. I was into it mostly, I was loving the heartache and the push and pull. I really liked the characters, was completely intrigued by everything that was happening, despite the fact that I found Olin's begging a bit infuriating. I understood this all consuming epic love she was feeling, but at some points even I wanted her to walk out the door, find some self respect and move on with her life.

The secrets had my mind reeling. This was an edge of your seat suspenseful read an
-S♡
A body canvas.
Forbidden.
Passion.
Art.

Sign me up for this journey immediately!

The third made me scowl
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
36602208._SY475_-1.jpg

So I was initially attracted to the originality of this story and this does have that in absolute spades.
The idea of a body painter was just so out there in terms of unique plotline add in the mystery of the narrative and I was always going to read this.
Now I do love this author a lot she is a phenomenal writer and I can not fault her in that regard and although I did enjoy this to an extent it wasn't my favourite.
I can't really go into this too much plot-wise here as this would be so easy to sp
Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]
I MUST READ THIS 😱😵😱
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I loved this and yet I didn't.

Yes that makes no sense, I know. The Body Painter is so full of beautiful imagery, powerful writing and emotion that spills from its pages into your very soul. I loved every single word that was written, really enjoying the dual point of view. All the present day is from Olin's perspective, and makes up the majority of the book, with brief glimpses of their past from Gil's viewpoint. For me that worked well, allowed each narrative to have it's own voice and feel, ra
talon smith
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
”How could a man who surrounded himself in barricades suddenly leave himself wide open for attack?”

I loved this book.
I love Pepper Winters.
She is my absolute favorite guilty pleasure author and read. If I ever want to indulge myself into some troubled men / troubled women I ALWAYS go to her— her writing never fails me.

I love how Pepper creates the relationships that she does. The heart-wrench filled / angst filled ones. The troubled boy, the troubled girl. The troubled past. I LOVE THE TROUBLE!
Book Maniac Forever

⭐️ 5 "O" Stars ⭐️
It’s always a challenge writing a review that does justice to Pepper Winters’s books! The Body Painter nearly killed me with the level of feels it delivers! Angst is bleeding from the pages of this story, despair and agony, utter love and passion! A pure amalgam of sensations that got to me deeply! Pepper Winters uses her superb poetic prose to keep you riveted to this unique story and makes it even more addictive!

"Then you went and kissed me and the liess fell apart
ANGELA
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Screenshot-20190822-020048-Gallery

The Body Painter - Pepper Winters

When I hear that Pepper starts writing a new book I'm literally counting the days and I was so exited for this one! as usual it was WOW!!! amazing. 💣💣💣

Gil and Oli met in high school. Oli the popular girl that everyone wanted to be around, finds her self drawn to the outcast and closed Gil. the boy no one cares to know, the one that everyone has forgotten.

Years later. looking for a new job, Oli set an interview for a live canvas for a body painter. the past an
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Okay, I am on the fence with this one. I hadn't read a romance book in a while and this one certainly wasn't just romance. It was part romance, part thriller. Also, this is a Pepper Winters book and she is my Queen. Her Indebted Series will forever be my number one dark romance. Jethro Hawk has my soul.
So, I was very excited to read this. It was steamy but oh so frustrating ! I guessed the twist early, but of course the writing kept me going.
Gil and O didn't hook me as characters as much as I
Allyson
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided by Netgalley through Xpresso Book Tours!!

3.50 Stars

Let me start out by saying that Pepper Winters is one author I love to read. This book was one that I found took me awhile to get through it. There was just to much back and forth with the main characters that I would skim over most of their conversations. The idea behind the book was great and heartbreaking. I just couldn't stand that Olin let Gil talk and treat her like that without standing up for herself. The scenes when they ar
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Review in Progress
ImJaclyn
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
*** 3 Stars ***

*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

You can't say Pepper Winters doesn't write an exciting story. This book was intense. My feelings about it are all over the place. I both loved and hated it. I can't remember reading a book that made me feel so strongly in both a good and bad way.

Let's first talk about what I hated. My biggest problem with this book - Olin. Our heroine. Now, I haaatttteeee disliking the heroine. I hate it. Because female characte

• Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Credence
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Dreams of 18
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)
  • The Day He Came Back
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Release
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

She currently has thirty books released in nine languages. She’s hit best-seller lists (USA Today, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal) thirty-three times. She dabbles in multiple genres, ranging from Dark Romance to Coming of Age.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepp

Master of Trickery Duet (2 books)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)