Start by marking “Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2” as Want to Read:
Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2

(Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls #2)

Published 2017 by Timbuktu

To ask other readers questions about Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2, please sign up.
Bárbara Yes, there might be some words you will have to explain to her or him. I read it to my brother, he's 5 years old, he loved it.

Start your review of Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2
Nat
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok

This book arrived just as I had completed reading the previous collection with my little sister during the weekend;  Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls did just what it promised... meaning that she was put to sleep right away. I think the historical aspect wasn't quite there yet for my nine-year-old sister.

Still, I was ecstatic to hear the news of this follow-up book to come out.  Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2 boasts a brand new graphic design, a glossary and 100 incredi
Mariah Roze
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great book that has many stories! I learned a ton and hope to buy this book someday for my daughter.

"Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2 is a children's book packed with 100 bedtime stories about the life of 100 extraordinary women from the past and the present, illustrated by 60 female artists from all over the world. This book inspires girls with the stories of great women."
Kate  TerHaar
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book for my 7-year-old granddaughter. Her favorite book is Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls as well as the "I Am" series by Brad Meltzer with her all-time favorite being Rosa Parks.
We couldn't wait for volume 2 to be published. I backed both these volumes on Kickstarted and I am so happy I did. The one-page stories are just right for maintaining interest and the 100 extraordinary and diverse women highlighted range from present day heroes -to long ago inspiring women. I love
Trish
This is a terrific two-book series. I am even more impressed with the second book than I was with the first. This so completely encompasses the non-white majority in the world, I started to wonder if the first one was mostly white Europeans and Americans. But it wasn't.

The books are composed of completely engrossing personal profiles of interesting women who managed, despite dysfunction in their society or families, managed to make something of their dreams. It is written as though for girls, b
Katherine
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredible read. I enjoyed reading about these courageous and strong women who didn't back down to do right. Their dauntless attitude impacted many more lives. They found that the raising their voices against various injustices will help others to overcome their own fear of keeping quiet. Fight for what's right, for your freedom and for your life. Be Rebellious. Truly an amazing book.
Emma
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The concept is the same one of the first volume and I just love them both. The authors really did an amazing job and every illustration is truly breathtaking. It's a really nice book to read even if you aren't a child anymore or don't have children yourself. I find this kind of books really interesting to read because they're able to give you a glimpse of someone else's life in just one or two pages.
And of course the aim of the book is a very important one: telling girls (and boys) awe-inspiring
Kristina
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A motivational girl bible <3 ...more
J & J
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
I'm ashamed that I've never heard of most of the women highlighted in this book. I'm glad to see this in print.
Sandra BASIC
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, like the first one. Great illustrations again.

“DON’T FOLLOW THE PATH. GO WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND BEGIN THE TRAIL.”
– RUBY NELL BRIDGES
Kolumbina
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a great book. Five huge stars, would give more if I could.
I loved it even more than the first one. So many interesting women, extraordinary, very special and unique in their own way. Started with Agatha Christie, Angela Merker, Beatrice Vio, Sonia Sotomeyer, Steffi Graff, Sophia Loren, Rosalind Franklin, Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche and many more, 100 all together. Really very special. Of course as in the first book, there is a little story and an excellent portrait of each of the great wom
Vickie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous art and a fantastic collection of stories about women—I love that I’d never heard of about 3/4 of the women featured!
Quinn Aubert
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite girl is Sara Seager, she's an Astrophysicist. She has a poster in the front of her office it looks like Luke Skywalker's home planet Tatooine from Star Wars.
Marie the Librarian
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I really like this and the illustrations.
Sheila
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am very proud to have been a Kickstarter campaign supporter for this second volume of the amazing Rebel Girls series. This volume is wonderful like the first, with great biographies of incredible women from around the world. I hope they continue to make many more volumes of this book. My daughter loves these bios.
Ifigenia
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny enough that i have enjoyed of this book more than the first part because it was the original version (I read the first one in Spanish and the translation was appalling). Again, as in the first book there were very short and summing up stories for children regarding women. It is a good inspiration and this is good in the case that you want to dig more information about this characters.

When i was a teenager, my Chemistry teacher told me that I should consider to study Chemistry at the Unive
Mary Catherine Pace
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this delightful book to my granddaughters during my annual visit last year. They asked for these stories every night, until we had finished the whole book. We continued our nightly ritual, as they wanted to hear their favorite stories again and again. They were eight and ten years old, and biracial Canadians, who are just comprehending the racism they sometimes encounter. This old, white grandmother who adores her granddaughters and can’t imagine anyone doesn’t delight in them as I do tri ...more
Becky
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant collection of inspirational women across a range of disciplines. Along with the first book this should have a place in every home. My only criticism is that the book is somewhat USA heavy in it's choices which leaves the rest of the world somewhat under represented in my opinion, maybe this will be rectified in GNSFRG3? ;)
Liselotte
I was really excited when I received this book as a gift from my boyfriend. I really love this trend of women history books for children, and own pretty much all of them!
At first I got annoyed with this book because of it's usage of the term "Holland" when they are actually talking about the Netherlands, I mean, if you can use the term meningitis and talk about quantum physics, you can use the Netherlands instead of Holland, but that's just my pet peeve.
My main issue with the first one, was tha
Lou
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful and inspirational book ideal for children and adults alike. The short limited information on each of these amazing women mean that children wouldn't lose interest in long winded descriptions and the basic details are provided only. For an adult, if you feel you would like to learn more about certain of these incredible women then I am sure there are books about each one or places online to find extra information to feed your curiosity, that is certainly what I intend to do!

Another gr
Magen
I wanted to love this one so much, especially since I loved the first, but there were a few differences that dropped this a star from me. The authors' note that many of these are stories collected from readers and it definitely feels that way. The problem is that some of these stories lacked purpose. For example, there was a story of a volcanologist who wanted to ride a boat down a lava flow and who put her team too close to an explosion and everyone day. I didn't find that inspiring at all and ...more
Melanie  Brinkman
Mar 08, 2019 added it
Shelves: own-f
Women rock!

Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls is the second book of the Rebel Girls books. It shares profiles of badass women from all walks of life and jobs.

It's also full illustrations and beautiful pictures.

It's powerful, enabling, and inspirational! This was the perfect read for International Women's Day, but honestly I just wanted to savor it I think next time around reading this I will read one each night.

My one complaint might be that it doesn't give a lot of details. it's all right thoug
Jadespringymandarin
May 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I am gutted at the fact that the first book was fabulous whereas this book only contained roughly two people we wanted to read about. There was just more variety in the first book containing many wonderful stories including Ada Lovelace and Michelle Obama. This second book just lacked a sense of joy/excitement as well as contrasting backgrounds.
Grace W
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
The trouble with these books is that, in an effort to make the stories short and simple, they gut a lot of the most interesting and important things about the women in question. It’s a perfectly ok primer but on the whole I wish they had limited the amount of women to better focus on said women.
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
I still find the title problematic (if we want to normalize these successes for women, we can't call the daughters we want to emulate them 'rebels'). But there are so many amazing women in these pages, I hope they continue the series.
Sanja_Sanjalica
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-and-ya, i-own
Wonderful and inspirational.
Mila Caron
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this one is better than the first, and I'm looking forward to the time I will be able to pass it own to my nieces.
Sophie Crane
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of the same winning formula of full page illustration plus accessible short biography showcasing notable women from around the world and through most of human history. It rectifies some of the most obvious omissions from the original by telling the stories of modern success stories like JK Rowling, Madonna, Beyonce, Ellen, Oprah and Angela Merkel. It introduces a wide range of women that you may not have heard about before, such as Temple Grandin (the professor/livestock e ...more
Robin Stevens
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful collection of stories about inspirational women and girls. (4+)

Isla
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct details 3 12 Feb 20, 2020 04:54AM

• Stories for Boys Who Dare to be Different
  • Stories for Boys Who Dare to be Different 2
  • La ladrona de la luna (El príncipe del sol, #2)
  • Uno siempre cambia al amor de su vida
  • Todo lo que fuimos
  • Hoy no es mi día
  • El príncipe del Sol (El Príncipe del Sol, #1)
  • Aquí dentro siempre llueve
  • Las chicas van donde quieren
  • Alicia Alonso Takes the Stage
  • Chilenas rebeldes
  • Niñas son de ciencias, Las
  • Tres promesas
  • Milo, el gato malo
  • Hoy no es mi dia 2
  • Ocho lugares que me recuerdan a ti
  • Persona normal
Elena Favilli is the Founder and CEO of Timbuktu Labs, along with Francesca Cavallo. They work at the intersections of publishing, design, and technology.

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls (3 books)
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Tales of Extraordinary Women
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Immigrant Women Who Changed the World

News & Interviews

“DON’T CRY WHEN THE SUN IS GONE, BECAUSE THE TEARS WON’T LET YOU SEE THE STARS.” – VIOLETA PARRA” 2 likes
“2008” 1 likes