Start by marking “Boy Toys (Hot Off the Ice, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Boy Toys (Hot Off the Ice, #2.5)

Boy Toys

(Hot Off the Ice #2.5)

10 siblings, 7 fish courses, 6 hockey players, 5 cousins, 4 calling birds, 3 spouses, 2 houses & 1 night that changes everything.

Betrayed by first his body and then his girlfriend, Liam O’Reilly, assistant coach of the Seattle Thunder, is not having a very merry Christmas. So when a smoking hot hockey player in a Santa suit offers himself up like a present begging
Published November 14th 2017

Start your review of Boy Toys (Hot Off the Ice, #2.5)
Cadiva
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting prelude to book four

This is basically a prologue to the forthcoming book four due out in March. It's a lot of fun and sets up the romance between Liam and Joey, members of the vast O'Reilly and Luciano clans.

Liam's 10 years older than Joey and not expecting anything other than a normal Christmas when his long term girlfriend drops a bombshell on him.

Joey's had a crush on Liam all his life and with his ice hockey career flourishing, he's been getting a reputation as a womanizer. But
Len Evans Jr
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I loved this short intro to the full story of Liam and Joey. I can't wait till March when it is released. I really like both MC's and I am looking forward to seeing where the author takes them. This was a fun read...
Eugenia
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Hot and Abrupt!

From page one you're dropped right in the middle of family drama. On Christmas Eve. With TONS of family. Everywhere.

Escaping the drama of being publicly dumped and cuckholded, Liam hides out in the attic with his "cousin" Joey. Ten years separate them. Joey is an NHL star; Liam is an NHL coach. Joey has been hero worshipping Liam for years. Joey is gay, but a complete virgin. Liam is bisexual. Sparks fly in the attic and later on in their shared room for Christmas.

The two were
haletostilinski
This is basically a long prologue to the book that will be Liam and Joey's book. It definitely had me wanting more already, and I wanted to read their story right away, and was like "wahhh I have to read Sergei and Alex first? What???" before I remembered that I had liked Alex and Sergei from what I had seen of them in book 2, sooo, I'll enjoy that but also be not so patiently waiting for Liam and Joey's book.

This is basically an introduction to their world, to their two HUGE families
Line
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Toys-Hot-O...
Coco.V
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/11/18)!
Emily Seelye
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story that is also a prequel for book 5. Joey has crushed on the older neighbor boy all his life. One Christmas Eve, he finally gets a chance with him. Liam needs some cheering up when the night takes an unexpected turn, and Joey is just the one to do it. When the boys go their separate ways, there’s no expectation for more. Have to wait a few months for the rest of the story.

This was enjoyable and I can’t wait to read more
Megan
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, I'm hooked! This is a prequel to book 4 in the Hot Off the Ice series and I've already fallen in love with these men. The vulnerable Joey with all his swagger as a cover and the insecure Liam with his self-doubts and ennui regarding his career change. There's a lot of hotness in a seriously short story here and I love the alternating POV. This whole set up with the cheating almost fiancee, the possible transfer, the interconnected family, the rise and fall of careers, the lateral moves, ...more
Alisa
I loved this. This is a prequel to what will be Joey and Liam's book in this series. That being said, this is still a complete story. It's a back story on them and their families and covers two days during the Christmas holiday. They're childhood friends and this is the first time they cross the line to something more. It was sweet in places, funny in places and these two were smoking hot together. Wish their book was up next. I don't want to wait. (Not too long a wait though. Their book is due ...more
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Joey...

3.5 Stars
I enjoyed this intro to the characters that will be in book 4. It was short & spicy. I look forward to reading more on Liam and Joey.
I can do without the Michelle drama. I'm not too hot on Liam's family coming to her defense so quickly either. If there was no break up talk their was no official break up. So her doing what she did is wrong no matter how you dice it. His families actions irked me. Nico is a tool too. Just had to put that out there lol.
Like I said good intro.
JenMcJ
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Big family, big love, big drama. This was a short story but I enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to more between Joey and Liam.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I enjoyed this story, recommended to me by a friend, but I didn't realize going into it that the two MCs, Liam and Joey would only have a brief one-night stand together and then would go their separate ways. I guess I'm going to have to delve into the series and make sure i get their full story, whenever it happens.

Hockey players, cute, new to man on man sex, Christmas and fun secret affair between Joey's grandfather and Liam's nana. Sweet.

But honestly? So unfair. Like giving me only one
Nat ReadingAllNite
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot little number

I had to read this before book 5, Joey and Liam’s full story. This is a prequel about the first time(s) they slept together. It’s Christmas and their two families pretty much celebrate together, their houses side by side. It build some great backstory. Read it before book 5 and don’t skip it like I started to do.
Wax
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, own-have, mm
Not a fan of the abrupt ending in this book. I also felt like it was more a prequel than anything and being labelled the 3rd book in a series seems off. Though the two MCs have known each other since childhood I just never really got the connection.
F.
I haven't read any of the other books in the series but think I will have to now!! That was hot!! Loved the family interaction. Hope I can be like Gran and still get some at 85!!!
Aure7ia
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it

I'd give it 4*, but it's just a Prologe to Hot Off the Ice #4.
BR11
I’m so digging this series! This installment is a novella, kind of an intro to the couple in book 5 of the series (which is not out yet).
This was a hot beginning for these two. Cannot wait to get their full story when they get to see each other again once that Joey is transferred to Seattle.
Their families are a hoot. Crazy Italians and Irish together make a great background for Liam and Joey’s story.
Looking forward to it.
Alexleo
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is clearly meant to be sold during the Christmas time and it has all the right elements for a festivity book: family (actually two families with many characters, somehow confusing), food (and many left overs), a little bit of drama and a couple of pretty hot making out moments. Be aware that although it may be read as a standalone, there are so many open issues that you will want to buy the following book coming out in March 2018. So take this book as a Christmas hook up between long ...more
~nikki the recovering book addict
Oohhhh...

This was a good setup! I thought this would be a short, sweet novella and I wasn’t looking for more. Not because it didn’t intrigue or interest me. But because I’ve come to the realisation that not everything needs to be a full novel. Some novellas can be satisfying in its succinctness.

But we’re getting a full book! So now I’m excited! Need to go check to see when it’s going to be out. Can’t get over the fact that AE Wasp is such a talented story teller!!
Lynn
I could see how reader might say thst this could hae been a prologue for book 5, but there is so much that would have been cutfor that to happen and I wouldn't want any of it taken out. Love the family dynamics and the drama mixed with the love that they all have for each other. The bonds between a Irish and Italian family in Boston is such a unique and powerful one.
Ottilee B.
You're in the story from the first page. While I usually dislike learning about a character in one sentence, this time it worked. It was like going to a house you know no one, but you feel instantly connected. I skipped this to read book #3 but now I can hardly wait to read more of Liam and Joey's story.

The sex scenes were FANTASTIC!!
Bárbara
Apr 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 40%

Honestly, I feel a little stupid dnf-ing something so short, but I'm just not into it. The story had a short but messy introduction and then the characters dived straight into sex with no buildup. That's just not what I'm into: I can't get invested in characters or a relationship I know next to nothing about.

Plus, the editing was crap.
Beth
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute prologue for a later book

This book is a cute short story prologue to a later book in the series. Does a nice job introducing the main characters and giving background. Also sets up what is going to happen in book five.
Don Bradshaw
MORE PLEASE!
Leyna

I loved this short intro/prologue to Joey and Liam's book. It was sexy, it was warm, there was banter. I can't wait to read their story.
Alexis Woods
Yum! Loved this novella lead in for the book 5. So funny with the crazy family antics. Moving on to the next book right now!
Christine
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, ebooks
Not a stand a lone in the series. Good prelude to a story but it leaves you hanging very badly and then we have to wait for the next book which isn't even this story, so not fair.
Pjm12
Fun, hot and Christmassy.

One little niggle - (view spoiler)

Can't wait for their extended story.
Debbora
I really liked this story. There were a few editing errors, but it was the fact that this short Christmas story stopped short at 90% as a cliffhanger that I found more irritating.
Elin Johansen
Not a bad book, but needed editing. The ending was quite abrubt but i suspect we will meet Joey and Liam again ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fake Boyfriend Breakaways (Fake Boyfriend #2.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Neutral Zone (Harrisburg Railers, #7)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • Save the Date (Harrisburg Railers #9)
  • Last Defense (Harrisburg Railers #5)
  • Poke Check (Harrisburg Railers, #4)
  • First Season (Harrisburg Railers, #2)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Cruising
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Benoit (Owatonna U Hockey #3)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Ryker (Owatanna U Hockey #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Storm (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #3)
  • Shelter (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #1)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Hot Off the Ice (5 books)
  • City Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #1)
  • Country Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #3)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Boys of Summer (Hot Off the Ice #5)
“Caught up in the tenderness of the touch,Joey couldn't answer. Everything, he realized. He'd risk everything for Liam.” 0 likes