Start by marking “Bring Me Back” as Want to Read:
Bring Me Back

Bring Me Back

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  39,480 ratings  ·  6,317 reviews
A young British couple are driving through France on holiday when they stop for gas. He runs in to pay, she stays in the car. When he returns her car door has been left open, but she's not inside. No one ever sees her again.

Ten years later he's engaged to be married; he's happy, and his past is only a tiny part his life now. Until he comes home from work and finds his new

Published June 19th 2018 by St. Martin's Press (first published March 8th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Bring Me Back, please sign up.
jendlo But you're asking in the wrong place lol. ARCs are requested by librarians, educators, booksellers, and professional book bloggers/reviewers via …moreBut you're asking in the wrong place lol. ARCs are requested by librarians, educators, booksellers, and professional book bloggers/reviewers via Netgalley.
They're also given away directly to Goodreads members here and through the publishers' social media posts — follow their Facebook pages.
TIP: If you add a book to your Want To Read shelf, and properly configure your Account Settings > Emails, then Goodreads will notify you of each and every giveaway there is for that title (ARC or published copy in any format).(less)
Sarah Bowe Advanced Reading Copy (ARCs). They get it through the author, Goodreads giveaways, etc....

·  39,480 ratings  ·  6,317 reviews

Emily May
What is it you want Layla?
...
YOU

1 1/2 stars. I swear I gave it my best shot. I really wanted to love this book. Paris' Behind Closed Doors kept me on the edge of my seat, but her sophomore novel The Breakdown bored me, so I figured two out of three ain't bad, right? Sorry, it's a Meat Loaf kinda morning.

But this book is so CHEESY.

I'll give it an extra half star for keeping me reading despite rolling my eyes every few pages, but that's the most enthusiasm I can muster for it. The twist/reveal o
Meredith
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Entertaining but utterly ridiculous!

The plot is derived from a soap opera and the main character is a moron. However, it's a fun mindless read!

Unfortunately, I was less than impressed with Bring Me Back. I feel like all the soap opera watching I have done helped me to figure things out rather early on. I was hoping I was wrong, but sadly I was not. When all was revealed, I was laughing and I don’t think I was meant to be. I am capable of suspending disbelief but this goes beyond. I really cou
Maureen
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Holy Moly! The 'Do Not Disturb’ sign was definitely displayed (mentally if not physically) while I read Bring Me Back! Seriously, if this book had been edible, I would have made myself ill devouring it!

British couple Finn and his girlfriend Layla, are on their way home from a skiing trip in France when he pulls into a secluded, dimly lit area late at night to use the restroom. When he returns to the car Layla is nowhere to be found!

Fast forward 12 years and Finn has moved on with his life, in
Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Dennis
Please don't hate me. I have mad respect for B.A. Paris; I felt her debut novel Behind Closed Doors was a forerunner in the domestic abuse thriller genre and I think the quality of her writing is incredible. Unfortunately, this one was just too over the top for me.

Like a few other people have mentioned previously, I was gripped and fully invested during "Part One". I did find I had already guessed initially where "Part Two" was going, but wanted to keep an open mind. I didn't find the characters
Debra
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Have you ever read a book where you think "It was okay. I liked it." and then find yourself thinking about it and then realize that you enjoyed it much more than you initially thought? I had that experience with this book. Upon reading it, I kept thinking about it and the plot and realized that B.A. Paris pulled her plot twist off in a clever way. I also realized that there was a clue or two thrown in and although I read the words, I missed it but then had my "AHA!" moment a couple of h
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*2.5 Stars*

After having LOVED this author’s past two novels, it pains me that I cannot say I loved this one as well. But I can say some other *stuff*, so here goes...

I’ll start with the positive because life is good: When I open a B.A. Paris novel, I know I’m about to be put under her spell. I’m ready to be completely transported into the life of a slightly repulsive human who starts reading with the sun and doesn’t stop until she looks up and realizes an entire day has ended with her still in t
Kaceey
Well done B.A. Paris! If you are a serious thriller fan, this book has everything you crave in a perfectly crafted thriller!

When Finn’s girlfriend Layla vanishes one night he’s left devastated. Like being frozen in time, he’s been unable to move on for years. Part of the problem… he can’t quite remember all the circumstances behind her disappearance.

Years later, Layla’s sister Ellen enters his life and he feels blessed to have another chance at finding love. But as is so often the case, the pas
Melisa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, netgalley, arc
Addictive, fast-paced, and mind boggling!

It’s been awhile since I could refer to a book as “unputdownable” but here we are. Finally!

Every single theory I had about where the plot was going was given to the main character as part of his ideas at a little past the halfway point, and I was stuck there with my jaw dropped thinking, well then. This author just flipped the script and threw out everything I was thinking so where are we going to go from here?!

I did figure it out at about three quarter
Norma * Traveling Sister
4.5 stars for this ridiculously fun, brilliant & entertaining book!

BRING ME BACK by B. A. PARIS had me racing through the pages and finishing this in just two sittings which I haven’t done in quite some time. I really upped my Kindle “time left in book” reading average with this book.

So here’s the thing about this book. It was an extremely enjoyable, entertaining, fun, and ridiculous psychological thriller novel that had me totally engrossed and interested right from the very first page. Th
Christina - Traveling Sister
3, I'm never going to get it right, turns out I'm the worst detective - don't call me if you need help solving a mystery stars!

Another great book of the month choice by the Traveling Friends!

Bring Me Back tells the story of 3 main players: Finn, Layla, and Ellen. Finn and Layla were madly in love over a decade ago, until one fateful night Layla goes missing from a gas station parking lot, never to be seen or heard from again. Finn and Layla's sister Ellen fall in love some years later and are s
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Unsettling in the best possible way!!!

Does anyone put the “psychology” into psychological thriller quite as well as B. A. Paris??? Paris really has a way with messed up characters and disturbing situations. This book is a mind game from the first chapter right through the very last page. I finished this book two days ago and the story is haunting me! What a great read!

As happens with Paris, early reviews are largely positive, with a mix of “did-not-finish”. Most of those seem to struggle connect
Tammy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t mind suspending belief (it’s commercial fiction after all) but when I enter the realm of the ludicrous count me out.
Elyse Walters
Great beginning....
.... mediocre middle....
Psychological thriller with Russian Dolls? A little goofy....but I was a willing reader.
While there was suspense...there was also something silly too. Silly sentences sneak into the dialogue..., but I was still a willing reader. The addictive quality was there too.
Finn is the guy entangled between Ellen and Layla.
It wasn’t lip-smacking great...nor nail-biting haunting...but the twist at the end was carefully constructed and pretty good!
I trusted non
sue

Whoop whoop this authors done it again, shes brought me to my reading knees.

This authors view on domestic noir is amazing, never seems to fail making my spine tingle and that hairs on the back of my neck come up on end. I always feel a chill when I read B A Paris books.

Finns girlfriend went missing while they were travelling on holiday some 12 years ago.
Never found.

Time has moved on for Finn now, he is engaged to Emma who happens to be his missing girlfriends sister!

What a well weaved story. Th
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
Sometimes you read an author’s work and realize that you and the author just don’t “click”, that is the case with me and B.A. Paris. I had read “Behind Closed Doors” and did not really enjoy it but I was willing to give this new book a read. This is what I discovered.

The author has a writing style that “tells” rather than “shows” the reader what is going on. It also includes lots and lots of questions for the reader to ruminate on, example “I had put it down to a sensitivity for my feelings--but
Deanna
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

2.75 Stars

Twelve years ago Finn’s girlfriend, Layla disappeared from a rest stop on their way home from vacation. In his statement to police, he said that Layla was in the car when he stopped to use the restroom. When he got back she was nowhere to be found. His phone wasn't getting a signal so he drove to the nearest gas station to ask for help.

“It was the truth. But not quite the whole truth”

Finn was arrested on suspicio
Linda
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oooooh!!

Plans that most certainly go awry.

A young British couple seem to be pivoting on a dangerously slippery slope that was never left behind on a skiing trip in France. Finn, an investment broker, pulls his car off the road in a secluded area in order to use the restroom facility. He leaves his girlfriend, Layla, asleep in the passenger seat. When he returns, Layla is missing. Panic-stricken, Finn searches for her. Not a sign of Layla.....not even a thread.

Fast forward twelve years later.

Our
Julie
Theresa Alan
I didn’t have as much enthusiasm for this book as some other reviewers. It does start out strong. The premise is that twelve years ago, Finn’s girlfriend went missing at a rest stop on their way from a trip to Paris back to England. Now that he’s engaged to be married to someone else, suddenly there are clues that maybe his ex-girlfriend wasn’t kidnapped/murdered as Finn and the cops initially thought.

There’s all sorts of page-turning suspense for the first half of the book. You don’t know who
JanB
I read this with the Traveling Friends group on Goodreads and most enjoyed it more than I did.

This book has a compelling premise and a strong start. I thought the first half was interesting enough even with some inconsistencies. I was still invested enough to keep reading to see how the story played out and I even had a theory about what was happening.

First the good:
- I partially guessed the conclusion but not 100% so the author surprised me.
- This is a quick and fast read. It would be
Susanne  Strong
3.65 Stars* (rounded up)

What would you do if your past came back to haunt you? Could you let it go? Would you want to? I know my answer… the question is: how do Finn and Ellen, the main characters in “Bring Me Back” by B. A. Paris, feel about it. Read on to find out my friends.

Now: Finn is happily engaged to Ellen, living a quiet life in the suburbs, just the two of them. Being with Finn, well, for Ellen it is everything she ever wanted.

Before: Finn was engaged to Layla. His love for her was e
Holly  B
3.5
Russia, Russia, Russian Dolls….

It seemed like an invasion of the Russian dolls! I may need my own set now as the characters really seemed to enjoy them (really??!!)

This one starts off with a bang! I was totally creeped out by the truck rest stop (I’ve always found them creepy, especially at night). And when Finn finds his girlfriend Layla has vanished from their car, I was on the edge of my seat. Ooh…..surrounded by spooky woods too!

As the plot thickens, I was intrigued to find out how things
Elena
Nov 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't defy the voice but I gave Finn a clue, hoping he would understand. And bring me back, before it's too late.

Sometimes I don't understand the genres books are labeled under and how they came to be that genre, and in that case, this is one of those books. I can't see how and why this is a psychological thriller. It isn't disturbing, it isn't messing with your head, you can't feel the emotions of the characters, and you can't seem to care about what the fuck is going on in the mind of
megs_bookrack
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
Bring Me Back is the third novel written by one of my favorite thriller authors, B.A. Paris. I have read all three of her novels and given them all 5-star reviews!

I cannot tell you the last time I have had that kind of experience with an author!

This story, like the rest, starts off with a bang and NEVER lets up.

The speed at which her stories kick off is one of the most consistent and memorable aspects for me. There is no time wasted, no numerous pages of filler to get through waiting for the e
Holly
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Holy crap was this good!! I requested this from Net galley based on last year's The Breakdown. Which, if I recall, I began one night and couldn't put down. Which is exactly what happened again! So note to future self: if you start to read a B. A. Paris novel, don't make any plans!

This started off with Finn giving his account of the disappearance of his girlfriend , Layla. From there it weaves back and forth from the night of her disappearance to the events happening now. Is Layla dead? Or is sh
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
4 entertaining stars to Bring Me Back! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

I’m beginning to look forward to B.A. Paris’ new release each summer! Her debut, Behind Close Doors, remains my favorite, but Bring Me Back is an entertaining thrill ride!

First of all, Paris knows how to hook me early on. Finn and Layla are on vacation, and while they are driving along a deserted highway, Finn stops to use the restroom at a gas station. When he returns to his car, Layla has disappeared. Or, so Finn tells the police...

Fast forward t
Kendall
Bring Me Back... well it didn't BRING ME a five star read BUT I was definitely impressed with this one way more then her first two novels.

B.A. Paris delivers a clever and unique psychological thriller that surrounds Russian dolls. Yes... Russian dolls.. Surprisingly, I actually liked the concept of the dolls. It was different and something that I don't see all the time. The author didn't stump me on the twist... my detective skills don't ever let me down ;).

It's funny because I've seen numerous
Carol (Bookaria)
This was an excellent thriller from B.A. Paris. She delivers again!

Finn and Layla are a couple on vacation. They are driving through France and stop at a gas station to refuel the car. He goes in to pay and when he returns to the car Layla is gone without a trace or explanation.

Ten years later, Finn is engaged to be married to Ellen who happens to be Layla's sister. They connected when they met years after Layla's disappearance. The wedding is set to happen but their lives get affected when a
Liz
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I’m the kind of gal that writes my reviews as I go along, so I don’t forget to bring up how I feel as I’m reading the book. So, I had almost a complete review written on Bring Me Back, which I just had to jettison when I got to the end. Everything I had felt for the characters as I was reading got thrown into turmoil when I got to the end. So here’s what I can tell you. This is a creepy book and there were several twists I didn’t see coming. I didn’t care for Finn. I couldn’t see what attracted ...more
Dennis
3.5/5 stars!

BA Paris's Bring Me Back will be released on June 19, 2018, but when I received word that St. Martin's Press was sending me a review copy, I screamed and jumped for joy. If you know anything about me, you'd know that BA Paris is one of my favorite authors. She slayed me in Behind Closed Doors, she scared me with The Breakdown, and I was sure she would provoke me with Bring Me Back . Coming off the high from her first two novels, I was certain we would get another strong female lea
Thriller fans: Maandboek - Breng me terug 33 31 May 04, 2019 08:35AM

• The Night Olivia Fell
  • Watching You
  • Someone Knows
  • In Her Bones
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • All the Beautiful Lies
  • The Suspect (Kate Waters, #3)
  • The Party
  • The Fear
  • An Unwanted Guest
  • They All Fall Down
  • The Turn of the Key
B A Paris grew up in England but has spent most of her adult life in France. She has worked both in finance and as a teacher and has five daughters. Behind Closed Doors is her first novel.
“I wait for the images to fade, listening for the sound of somebody's presence, a movement from one of the rooms, a floorboard creaking upstairs. But there is only silence, and the dust of hopes never fulfilled, taunting me with what could have been, if only I'd acted differently.” 1 likes
“Time is an oddity when it comes to memories...” 1 likes