Start by marking “The Rhythm of Blues (Love in Rhythm & Blues, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rhythm of Blues (Love in Rhythm & Blues, #1)

The Rhythm of Blues

(Love in Rhythm & Blues)

Some believe the old adage, “where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” Well, in some instances the smoke is just a coverture for secrets. Dark ones.

Ragee is a successful R&B singer, music composer, and actor who shot to fame and celebrity at rocketing speed. He has the voice, the troubled soul, the seductive look, and the alluring mystique, all of which give him the traditional
Published December 1st 2017 by MKT Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rhythm of Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rhythm of Blues

Start your review of The Rhythm of Blues (Love in Rhythm & Blues, #1)
Mia Morgan
Wow

After I have read one of Love Belvin's books, I feel exhausted. It's like I am in there with the characters. It's a good thing. If an author can get you to feel all the hurt, sadness, and happiness that the characters go through then that is an outstanding writer. This book sent me down through there. Emotionally!! That ending just threw me. What is Myisha problem? I liked her. Heather and Mike makes me sick. I was hoping for a little more of Wynter little cousin Asia in the book. I think she
Shay
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Imma need all the saints to pray my strength in waiting for this 2nd book! AMEN!
Shakeria Sharie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Omg I should of just waited until part 2 came out to read this. Impatiently waiting for more
Tamara
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rhythm and Reason

Although I finished the book a few days ago it’s taken me a little while to gather my my thoughts and put it in a review. I’ve even have gone back to reread certain portions just to see if my perspective will change on the situationship and its players,Raj and Wynter. Typically with any Love Belvin story, we are introduced to a women who will more than likely have you wanting to invite her to a spa day and a man that you can’t decide if you wanna hug or slap, this is her unique
Dee Cherry
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Excellent Read!
I held off reading this story for I knew once I started, I would need several uninterrupted hours to complete. The storyline was magnificent as it explained, explored & examined the different, yet intriguing relationship of Ragee & Wynter. The characters and their situations held me spellbound as each chapter revealed more of their deep insecurities & uncertainties while learning each other. Once again, Love Belvin has a well written story that I highly recommend!
KBeautiful1
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so grateful that Book 2 is out because I wouldn't have known what to do with myself if I had to wait!!!

Ragee McKinnon and Wynter Haile Blue, two people from opposite ends of the spectrum (but not really as their story advances) are thrust into a married situation, whereas one is looking to advance his acting career and the other is looking to get her uncle out of jail. Even though it appears uncomplicated it really is very
Renee  Bailey
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My blood pressure is high and my heart is broken!

Love,
You’re nothing short of amazing as an author and I’m pretty sure a person too. Raj and Wynter will be with me for a while....These two broken souls who have found each other through the most unusual circumstances have the chance to not only heal each other but take over the world. I’ve felt every emotion while reading this and while I thought Ezra was one messed up dude I think Raj and his brokenness is much deeper and I cannot wait to dig f
Elle1986
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welp I haven't done this in a while.... what did I think?

Well I will honestly say what I say all the time... I was taken on a Journey. I knew that I would fully get to know these characters first before any bonds were made. I knew going in I needed to be in the right mind frame to receive these folks because if not... I would not appreciate them and I have to say I do like these two...

Now I could go on and on like I always do but I decided short and sweet.

As always a very great read, I look f
Bianca Jones
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I had never read anything so amazing before. That last scene had taken me out. I can't wait to dive into part two.
Shay Williams
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Rhythm of Blues

I don’t know how Love Belvin orchestrates these kind of love stories. Like they are not predictable but when that sh*ts hit you it’s like something out of this world. She is just not ordinary she is above all else her writing style is so unique and captivating. This is another love by her that I fell involve with. Please don’t keep me waiting long for book 2. Raj and Wyn are my new favorite book couple after Kenny and Lord.
Brookelyn Mosley
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
👏🏾This👏🏾Book!!!

... really it’s a masterpiece. So many layers and so much time spent reading through them all! I loved every minute (and hour) of it! This was such a captivating read from start to finish. Raj’s relationship and personal growth throughout this book was dope to witness and Wynter’s realness was very refreshing. This book deserves more than 5 stars, honestly! I’m off to the next book because if it is anything like part 1 then I’m definitely in for a treat.
Kathy Roy
Another book by Love Belvin

I don't how Love does it but she know she write some bad ass series. What I love about Love is that she touches on real life issues. This book is straight up fire. Ragee had underlying issue from child, that spilled into his adult hood to questions about his sexuality. Wynter was just caught up will do what was necessary to help her uncle. Myisha acted like she was jealous of Ragee and Wynter's growing relationship. She so selfish that she would rather see her unhappy,
Maya B
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very complicated, erotic story. I haven't read anything like this since my days of reading books by Zane. I randomly read this book because I loved the cover. Definitely going to read more of her work ...more
Hyacinth
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cried at the end. I cried for Ragee. I cried for Wynter. I cried for Myisha. This book was not an easy read. The content was very dark but very believable. Now I have to wait to get the conclusion because I forgot to order book two when I was half done with this book, ugh!
Tracey Cole
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!!!

I just love your style..i can't even put into words how this story had me feeling. I should have waited until book 2 was released before reading but I was so excited and happy that you blessed us again . Now I will be in pins and needles waiting. But even as unconventional way these 2 met. It was a devine plan by God!!!
Mary
Love has done it again. Great story, well written. I need Part 2 like NOW.
Lashanda
Wow

This was another LOVE classic! I love Wynter and Ragee together! This was a roller-coaster of emotion and I know u not even done with us yet 😩 I knew Mike was gonna be a problem. I loved catching up with some of the couples from her previous work, patiently waiting ( not really) for the conclusion. Awesome work LOVE!!! You're seriously the GOAT 🐐
Keisha Garner
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!!

I feel the love, the passion, the drama, and the action. You put it down once more. I love everything you have written Love Belvin. You are Da Bomb. COM baby. You did that. Now waiting on part 2 like yesterday.
Pearline
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How do you love a broken man?

That's the challenge presented to Wynter in Love Belvin's new story The Rhythm of Blues. Before I get into the review, I just want to say that Love gave me all kinds of life. This story was well thought out and the author does a great job of discussing a subject that is often taboo in the Black community.

The character of Wynter is one of the strongest female characters that Love has developed. She's not here for the BS, when she marries it has to be the type of love
Korei
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Belvin Ain't Normal...

Brick by brick, Love Belvin has created her own lane and the smoke her pen leaves in its wake, makes it next to impossible for anyone to come close. What she has accomplished this year alone is extraordinary (publishing five books) but these are not the kind of stories that happen without severe and painstaking labor pains. She produces, endures the travail, and the reader enjoys and behold that beauty and mastery of her work. It is not normal and it transcends stellar
D. Hilary Higgs
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Love Belvin has brought us into the lives of two broken people who've found each other, seen healing in each other but just can't seem to get pass their past.

In this awesomely, amazing book we get to explore the world of Ragee a character we've met before, he wasn't at all what I expected... But one thing I've learned, it's not to even try to venture into the genius that is Love's mind.

I love how she tackled some touchy, dark subjects making us feel even when we don't want to. Helping
Lisa
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What to do with a broken heart....

I felt Ragee,'s pain and how Wynter was his healing balm. This story is filled with so much emotion true to life events of abuse, neglect! I am loving every novel by this dynamic author. The stories just explode off the page, have me up all night reading. I can't wait to read the conclusion. Once again Ms. Belvin you have blown my mind!

This book was so good! I read it again and picked it for my book club Real Diva's Read January 2019 because I wanted to share th
Teresa Mcmillian
Loveeeeeeeeee

Lord this book pulled in during the first pages and never turned me loose! There are so many things I️ want to say, but I️ do not want to give spoilers. We met Ragee from some of Love’s previous books and I️ knew he would be a unique character. I️ still was not prepared. These characters have taken over my mind the past 24 hours and I️ am not sure how I’ll get them out. My heart goes out to them. I️ understand Rag has a past, but this brother has some redeeming to do in book two. I️
Erica Robinson
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about this one Love.
The beginning was really slow I guess it took me a minute to get into the characters. Once I got there, I was good; damn Love you really had me on an emotional roller coaster with this one. Overall, I fell in love with Raj and Wynter....looking forward to see how it will end!
Rovonne Staten
So, so good!

I just love this woman's writing! Her stories are so captivating. There was one moment where I had to put the Kindle down to silently scream into my palm, and this is no horror novel. I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next installment.
Wilki
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Rhythmically Good!

Ragee is no stranger to the stage as his musical and acting talents have skyrocketed him to stardom. He's also no stranger to the gossips of media as his personal life has come under fire.

Wynter is just burnt out on helping others and decides to to do something about it...too bad it's not the last time she has to help an afflicted soul.

It's taking me some time to pen my thoughts on Belvin's latest release. I think it's because I'm just not over the way it ended; left my heart o
Natalya | TheIslandReader
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The incomparable Love Belvin proves yet again why she’s simply one of the best in the literary game with her latest release, The Rhythm of Blues.

Ragee and Wynter are both broken souls, in their own way. Ragee is a successful music superstar with an alluring and soulful presence that makes everyone want to know much more about him. He has a lot of baggage from his past and his tight-lipped demeanor and lack of information about his life to the public has placed a stigma on him that forces Wynter
Bunny Robinsonfuller
Sometimes the journey to love is complicated and is not ideal. I learned that by reading novels by Love Belvin. Trust and believe she is going to build a story,characters and the scenes. I have confidence each and every time I pick up one of Love's books that I am going to be ministered to and in my feelings after I put the book down. I will say, I will say I was surprise how Raj and Wynter came to be, because of the dynamics that brought them together and or person. However if I know nothing el ...more
Kateena Hayes
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly amazing!

With the release of each of Love’s books, I say to myself, “This one can’t possibly be as good as the last.” Or, “No one is going to top Ezra, Young, etc.” I am proven wrong each and every time. The way this author tells a story is truly amazing. This book was so good, I found myself slowing down on the reading to try to make it last. I was just that caught up.

When Ragee was first introduced in the Wayward Love series, I wasn’t sure I was ready to read a story about him. I was so
Hyacinth
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This was a reread for me. I had sworn off audibles. I tried a few in the past and could not focus, remember and had to continually replay. Listening to this book made me realize that it was NOT audiobooks that I didn't like, it was the narrator. I had no problem following and staying in the moment with this book. The language was clear to understand, etc. I loved the way they made Pastor McKennon sound. She sounded like a seasoned mother in Zion. I could feel all the feels with Rajee and Winter ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Love on the Highlight Reel (Connecticut Kings #2)
  • Determining Possession (Connecticut Kings #3)
  • Behind The Scenes
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights, #1)
  • Pass Interference (Connecticut Kings #6)
  • King of Hearts (High Stakes #2)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • Ante Up (High Stakes #1)
  • The Reinvention of the Rose
  • Collision Course (Clarke Brothers, #1)
  • Close Contact (Clarke Brothers, #3)
  • BigDickEnergy.Com: Adventures In Online Dating
  • Controlled Chaos (Clarke Brothers, #2)
  • It's The Chase For Me: A Heights Story (Heights Stories)
  • Deuces Wild (High Stakes, #3)
  • Sanctuary: A Noire Immortals Story
  • Equivalent Exchange (Night Shift)
  • The Love Deluxe Mixtape
Love Belvin is a native of the Tri-State area and now lives in the Delaware Valley. She's an avid reader and enjoys dinner parties with her closest girlfriends. While she enjoys many things, nothing excites her more than curling up with a glass of wine and a good romance novel.

Love has been given the moniker "adult contemporary series queen." She is the author of the "Love's Improbable Possibility

Love in Rhythm & Blues (2 books)
  • The Rhyme of Love (Love in Rhythm & Blues Book 2)

News & Interviews