Start by marking “Bulletproof Butterfly” as Want to Read:
Bulletproof Butterfly

Bulletproof Butterfly

(Bulletproof Butterfly #1)

To keep her clean, he's about to get dirty...

I wasn’t a rookie, but I made a mistake because I was selfish, impulsive, and headstrong.

I was also in love.

My desire for her overwhelmed me. Consumed me. Distracted me.

Published November 13th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bulletproof Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bulletproof Butterfly

Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI enjoyed this one but it did, unfortunately, have some issues that affected my rating in a negative way. First I will say that I enjoy this author's writing. She has a very readable way to her writing that makes for an enjoyable experience. The pace was ok, but a bit too slow at times and the book was a bit too long. The plot was engaging (for the most part) and kept me turning the pages. There wasn't any OW drama, but there was OM drama and cheating on the part of the heroine. That said, it wi
Dana
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can two people rediscover each other after being apart for years? How do you reconnect with that person who you thought you would be with every day?

That is what Livvie and Jay have to figure out after so may things have kept them apart. I struggled a little to get engrossed into the book, but I eventually did. Overall a good story premise.
Coco.V
Feb 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/24/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
To keep her clean, he's about to get dirty...

I was also in love.

My desire for her overwhelmed me. Consumed me. Distracted me.

To protect her, I stood motionless as my partner pried her from the security of my arms. I watched as she fought his hold. I even listened when she screamed that she hated me.

For years I’ve been patient, I’ve been smart, and I’ve gone by
Kim  Brewing
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I remember when reading Fixing Fate that I hoped Jay would get a story....well he did and I loved it.

I loved the way the book started and then took us back to the beginning. I'll never look at a penny the same way again. I loved both of the main characters and their families. You could feel the wonderful connection between everyone.

Overall this was a great read that brought out many different emotions from joy to sorrow, heartbreak to happiness. After seeing Opal and Ryan meet in this story, I
Lily Garcia
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 bulletproof stars!

Jay, oh Jay! You own me! I’m forever yours if you’ll take me! I LOVE YOU and I am aware that you are a fictional character but who gives a crap! I’m running on three hours of sleep because this book had me turning the pages non-stop! It all started with a penny and I was hooked 😍

I FLOVED Jay and Livvie so much! Their chemistry was off the charts, the sex scenes were hot, and they were so adorable together! Jay was a devoted alpha and the way he was with Livvie was perfect
Nancy
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jay Jamison will for sure get you there!!! ☺

When I first met Jay in Fixing Fate (which by the way is an absolutely phenomenal book and you should read it right away) I knew right off the bat I needed his story. There was just something about the way he cared for his sister, Mellie, that spoke to me and I knew he was going to be an awesome lead character and would make for a great read.

Well I am totally the “I told you so” type person and I so love when my instincts are right!!!! Jay’s story was
Romance Between The Sheets
Firstly, I love the cover of Bulletproof Butterfly, it is so Jay and I could imagine this guy throughout the whole story.

Livvie’s journey is highly confronting, her depth of despair will have you questioning how you would cope, she was inspiring to me.

Jay I fell in and out of love with as this story progressed, he did lose me in the middle of the story. I cannot pinpoint why, however i was emotionally invested in Livvie and she was hurting and I blamed Jay when I should not have.

I have to say I
Ana Rita
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These last couple of days had been insane because I'm reading more and more each day and I'm loving every second of it. And wanna know the best part? I'm discovering new author's and that's an amazing bonus.
Anna Brooks is a new author to me and what a premierHer writting is intense, raw, heartfelt and detailed.
First you need to have a good look at the cover... Yummy right? And then the blurb is so mysterious and left me wanting to read it quickly.
Bulletproof Butterfly is her latest release an
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Ok, grab the tissues and make sure you have time to sit down and read this book. You will not want to be disturbed while reading this book. You may need a Bulletproof vest to protect your heart or you may feel like a Butterfly and spread those wings and fly to safety. They say in the field you have to keep your private life separate from your work life and this story couldn’t show it better on what happens when you make one mistake that you would expect from a rookie, not from someone who has be ...more
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
4.5**

Livvie and Jay are slowly merging their lives. Completely in love with each other but with opposing schedules and Jay's traumatized sister living with him make getting together difficult. Jay, a cop, is hot on the trail of a mob boss who keeps slipping through his fingers. Livvie is a bar catering manager with aspirations of becoming a wedding planner. All is going according to plan until a surprise visit tears them apart.

I really enjoyed Bulletproof Butterfly. Jay is a super alpha male her
Christine
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so definately not your run of the mill Witness Protection storyline...Jay and Livvie....what can I say about these two!!! Jay is the opitome of ALPHA..holy crap!!! But he is caring, sentimental, hot and a total badass!! Livvie is strong and adorable and is as madly in love with Jay as he is with her. You can feel their love and connection with every word written. And pennies.....lets just say you will never look at a penny the same way again. Their love oozes out of them and top that off with ...more
Sara Oxton
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bulletproof Butterfly by Anna Brooks a four-star read that will make you want to flap your wings high. Anna Brooks is a beautiful writer, she has a way with words that has you making emotional bonds with characters in a way that means some will never leave you. This story is an emotional battlefield for both Jay and Livvie they both have their own stuff to deal with and story to tell and as you read the story you see their stories unfold and be told, they intertwine in a manner that seems very r ...more
Heather Mize
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will be honest and say at first when I realised there was some back and forth with flashbacks I was not thrilled and then BAM I was thoroughly sucked into this book. I absolutely was stunned with how engrossed I became with this book. The story is not one I have read before and the details are what make this book. You will not be disappointed when you read this story. I was so in love with both Jay and Olive. I would really love to see some follow up books on the other secondary characters!
Tammy Cole
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this one so much! Jay and Livvie are such a great couple. I loved seeing them together. This story had me hooked from the beginning. I had to know how it all was going to turn out. In excited now to read her sisters book next!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Ker Justanotherbookworm
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This was a new author to me and I LOVED this book! 💗 I'm gong now to get the next book in the series.
Stina Andersen
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bulletproof is my first book by Anna Brooks. I liked it..just have some mixed feelings about it. It's a story about true love, being strong and have hope when there is little to none.

I didn't quite like the characters, yes Jay is absolutely an alpha..but I felt he needed to control a bit too much. And Livvie, as sweet she was, I felt she was a bit of a pushover...

It's an interesting story, filled with action and angst.
A Woman
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

It's an interesting story, filled with action and angst.

-Stina, A Woman & Her Books.
Jenny Prose
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars review

This book was incredible! I wasn't sure what I was getting into, but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read this story. It was definitely a romantic suspense but in such an amazing way. The story has an alpha male who is a copy, and in love with our heroine. He has to send her away after a terrible event. It took everything he had to send her away to protect her from the danger that was following her and out for her blood. There is a mystery, suspense, sexy hot scenes,
Jade
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The first chapter of this book hooked me, I needed to know more. I was excited for this story.... then I kept reading and waiting for something to happen, anything..... The book started off great but by the end I was wondering what happened to the story because nothing happened and I was left feeling like there could have been so much more to this story.
Louise
I was really up and down with this book but in the end it was just an 'ok' read for me. The premise of this story was fantastic, and I can't fault the plot in anyway whatsoever. For that reason and for the quality of writing I'm giving this 3 stars, rather than 2.

The book begins with a brief 'present day' scene and then goes back three years, in order to fill us in on Olive/Liv/Livvie (chose and stick to one please) and Jay's backstory. I don't mind this but the pace of the book was slooow for q
Sheila'S Book Corner
Bulletproof  Butterfly

This book like always is another powerful book by Anna Brooks. This woman Steals your heart and soul everytime she gives you a new book. She really out does herself with every new story she releases.

Ladies from page 1 be prepared to be totally engrossed bin this story... This story is about Love and what it means to be loved by a man that values you and your Safety...It's about what a man can do to protect the woman he loves. How Heaven and Earth can't separate them.
Jay h
Sam
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anna Brooks once again delivers a 5 STAR PERFECT book packed full of heart achy FEELS!! OMG!!! Jay is hands down my new favourite hero of Anna Brooks! He is the epitome of ALPHA! I loved how protective and obsessed he was with Livvie right from the start! And Livvie was such a great heroine with her strength and resilience given the situation she was thrown into. This was an amazing story with an action/suspense element to it. In Anna Brooks’s signature writing style, I was hooked from the begin ...more
Nancy Metsch
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing
I should have read this before heart breaker, but I am not disappointed.
Djg
Possible trigger: Couple are separated for 3 years (for her safety) h has an "encounter" not intercourse and I will spoil below.

I really got sucked into this story. It starts with the H coming for the h after 3 years but before everything can be revealed the story flashes back to their 2 year relationship. Jay and Olive were amazing together. So in love. He is OTT protective but never abusive or controling. He is completely faithful during their separation where his only goal is to get her back
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I don't know where to begin on this book. I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. Livvie and Jay were absolutely awesome. There story was so honest and real. It tore me apart reading it a times. What these two had to endure during everything was heartbreaking. Their love for each other was tested over and over again and I couldn't ever imagine it happening and what I would do in the circumstance. Jay, I am going to start with him because he was one of those guys that will do anything
Chantelle Smith
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: itsy-bitsy-books
Bulletproof Butterfly is a stand-alone novel from author Anna Books. This is second book I have read from Anna Brooks and it will definitely not be my last. She has an incredible way of hooking you in from the first page. The way she writes her characters to have such depth make you connect with them on so many levels. I was captivated by this book, and can we just appreciate the cover of this book, it totally captures our character to a T, and I couldn’t help but picture this through reading th ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review**

Protect to serve is one hell of a job! No matter what division you serve in. They tell you to keep your personal matter outside the enemy lines for once your enemy divulges your weakness; all bets are off. Get ready to strap your bulletproof vest on for one emotional, endearing, passionate ride by Anna Brooks in Bulletproof Butterfly!

Never have I read a book where my heart has been shaken, shredded and torn wide open with a storyline s
Brandy Roberts
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed a lot of Anna Brooks stories I've had the opportunity of reading some of them and I really liked Bulletproof Butterfly this can be read as a standalone though a lot of the secondary characters have their own stories out there like the heroes sister who is the heroine in Fixing Fate plus the authors covers go really well with the story and describe the hero or couple perfectly . The prologue starts in the present but by chapter one we transfer to 3 years before the author did a beautifu ...more
Ashleigh
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bulletproof Butterfly is a standalone contemporary romance novel, following Jay and Livvie’s story as they are tragically ripped apart from each other. Written in alternate POV’s, we get to see the birth of their relationship and the devastating events that causes it to come crashing down. The use of flashback moments is really effective and adds to the enjoyment of this story. I cannot put into words how much I loved this book, but I’m going to try!

Well, where do I start?! From that very first
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Bulletproof Butterfly excerpt! 1 7 Oct 16, 2018 09:07PM

• Havoc (A Silent Sons MC #2)
  • Two Hearts Find Christmas (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance, #5)
  • Love's Ache: A Single Father Romance
  • Broken Circle (Gray Ghost #1)
  • Wet (Love in Lone Star #1)
  • Waiting to Fall (The Waiting Duet: Book 2)
  • Breaking the Cycle (Rocking Racers, #1)
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Forbidden Bonds (Immortal Curse #2)
  • Inevitable (Fated #2)
  • The House at 758
  • The Possibility of Perfect (A Stand By Me Novel, #4)
  • Honey Gold (Murder in Savannah, #2)
  • Rushed
  • Do Not Disturb (Resort Romances #1)
  • Dropkick My Heart (Powerhouse M.A. #1)
  • Colors of Immortality
  • Knights After My Heart (Knights, #1)
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy roma