Start by marking “Leaning Into A Wish (Leaning Into, #5)” as Want to Read:
Leaning Into A Wish (Leaning Into, #5)

Leaning Into A Wish

(Leaning Into #5)

Ryan Haskell loves everything about the wine business. He's fortunate to work at one of the most prestigious wineries in Napa Valley doing something he enjoys with the people who are like family to him. But he could do without the good-natured intern slash former jock with the wicked grin who always seems to be in the way. Ryan isn’t sure why the new guy is under his skin ...more
Published November 22nd 2017 by Lane Hayes (first published November 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Leaning Into A Wish, please sign up.
Nick Russo It's not - recording this one as we speak and will be available soon! :D

Start your review of Leaning Into A Wish (Leaning Into, #5)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I really didn't like Ryan in Wes and Nick's story, book 2: Leaning Into the Fall, which is my favorite book of this series thus far. I was looking forward to Ryan redeeming himself, and he did.

Ryan is much more insecure than he appears. He seriously questions EVERYTHING, including Danny's sexuality, his own desires, Danny's intentions, potential life choices, et cetera.

Danny was a little annoying initially. He would talk around questions and was evasive about his attraction to Ryan.

Fortu
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

This was cute, but I kind of found Ryan and Danny a bit exhausting.

At times their banter was almost OTT and annoying. *shrugs*

Still an easy, somewhat enjoyable holiday story.
Dia
4 strong stars

I loved this sweet Christmas themed story. And look at that cover!
I was afraid at first that we'll get too many wine related details, but I am glad it wasn't the case here.
This one was light, sweet and pretty hot, with only a little angst.

I really love Lane Hayes! Her writing style works for me every time. She never disappointed me. I know when I dive into one of her books I'm going to love it. And this one was no exception.

I've buddy read this with my best friend and she chose a
.Lili.
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays

Leaning Into A Wish by Lane Hayes is the story of Ryan and Danny. Danny whom in the past hasn't made the best impression (we all remember how he acted towards Nick in Leaning Into the Fall...) and is a bit of a grouchy bear at first. There's a part of him that finds Danny irritating, but the other part of him can't help but be drawn to him. With the help of Geordie, these two men see themselves falling for each other.

Some highlights

-Danny, Danny, Danny! He was so adorable! He were his heart on
Ky
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A holiday story to go with the season. Ok, it's more of a Christmas story but that's only a month away so it still fits! Leaning Into A Wish is a short story taking place in a winery in Napa Valley. If you haven't read the previous books in the series and are meaning to you might want to do it in order. It can be read as a standalone but other characters make apparances and there are some mild spoilers about them.

This is Ryan and Danny's story. They are co-workers but I wouldn't call them friend
ReadingAllNite
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
Ryan was a side character in Wes and Nick’s story, “Leaning Into Touch” and he wasn’t particularly likable then. As the story opens, he’s still kind of a snot, since his inner third-grader is kinda mean to Danny, the hot intern, just to disguise his attraction. Luckily Danny is smarter than Ryan, works his way past his defenses by wearing him down at a tennis match and into a friends with benefits relationship. Friends, because he his internship will end in a couple months. Naturally, the attrac ...more
Annery
***3.75***

A little Christmas short in the Leaning Into series.

Ryan is one of Wes's permanent employees at the winery. He's that annoying guy who tried, halfheartedly, to get between Nick & Wes. He's a bit of a pill and a prickly pear, but I guess we all deserve a chance. Danny is the current intern who may or may not stay as a permanent employee. Danny likes to get a rise out of Ryan and shamelessly flirt at the same time.

Danny made the story for me. He was honest, open, daring, and optimistic
MishyJo
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this series. I don’t particularly like stories where the romance has a time limit because one of the MCs is only planning to be around temporarily. But it didn’t bother me so much here.
Cadiva
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love the way Lane Hayes writes and how she's able to make me feel quite radically different about a character who has previously been a bit of an arse.

In this instance it's Ryan, who acted like a real jerk for a while as Wes and Nick were slowly falling in love and who then developed an inappropriate crush for Finn.

He's bewildered by the beautiful intern Danny, a former pro tennis player who is determined to keep what he feels about Ryan out in the open.

Ryan is such a daft apeth, he can'
bookfaerie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great start to the new year. Two 5 star books by Lane Hayes!

There isn't anything I didn't love about this book. The story is well written and the MC's are excellent together. They're fun, sassy, sweet and super HOT! The banter they share is hilarious and when they get together you won't be able to not chuckle. Danny is a complete riot and impossible not to fall in love with. Everything about him screams lovable. And he knows just how to push every button Ryan has; whether it be to irritat
Renée
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
NeRdyWYRM
Another Notch

Lane Hayes has succeeded in adding another strong notch to her Leaning Into [...] bedpost. This was a shorter 'halfsie' story between main installments, but we got to catch up with Ryan from the winery after his failed efforts of establishing something with Wes in Leaning Into the Fall.

I absolutely loved Ryan in this after he got out of his own way and Danny couldn't have been any more perfect. I mean, come on! He was hot as shit, nice as hell, and sweeter than ... powdered sugah. M
Bev
Really like this series, and thank goodness Ryan got his own HEA. Grant and Miles story up next I assume but I must have a HEA for lonely, sad and loveless Geordie...he desperately needs someone of his own to love. 💘 4 stars.
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

This is a sweet opposites attract romance between Ryan and Danny. Ryan is grumpy and stand offish and Danny is sunny.

Ryan is also pretty clueless to Danny's affections. We get some of the cast from the series and just dab of angst mixed in with a fun Christmas romance.

I was a little confused as I thought Ryan's backstory was very different from reading earlier books in the series and the dulled my enjoyment a bit but the dynamic between the heroes was fun.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
I seem to get really excited when Lane Hayes writes a new book so I was super happy to see there was a Christmas story set in the Leaning Into Stories Series.

Maybe not so much when I saw it was about Ryan. My memory of him from my favorite book of this series, Leaning Into the Fall, Nick is hands down my favorite, was not a good one. BUT! I almost hated Nick prior to his book so I figured there was hope plus Christmas!

Cute, cute, cute.

The beginning was a little shaky, I wasn't sure what was hap
Zuzu
Not a good sign when I'm 8% in and one of the MC's is annoying me already. And 8% isn't much because this is a short book.

12% - Nope. I’m just not into this one which is disappointing because I liked others in the series.
BWT (Belen)

Dual POV with plenty of sexy heat, a happy ending, and terrific narration!

There is a bit too much time jumping for my personal taste, but overall I enjoyed this - especially the narration by Russo.

I don't know how I've missed this series, but even though I haven't read the rest of the series, this worked as a standalone even though it has a large cast of characters. Mostly because Hayes makes sure to give just enough backstory on everyone and Nick J. Russo provides clear, distinctive character
Morningstar
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book & Author: Leaning Into Wish by Lane Hayes
Rating: 4.5 stars

Oh, what a fun story!!

I loved these two main characters and their brief but super fun friction. Ryan is do-gooder of the two. He follows the rules, works hard and never goofs off at work. And he wants love, that special someone just for him. Danny is that fun loving guy we all wished we could be. He has the jokes, the smile, and of course, Ryan finds him annoying and hot.

Ryan was the character that drew me in. His prickly nature was
Apolishedreader
I was completely shallow and picked up this book because the cover. Which I was enamored with. Even though I didn't particularly want to see Ryan redeemed after the Nick and Wes story...but abs.
Ryan is not quite what I expected. He comes off a bit insecure and just wants to fit in somewhere. He has found his place here at the winery, but there is still a void now that everyone seems to be happily coupled up.
Danny is charming, charismatic and slightly aggravating. He never just says what he wants
Len Evans Jr
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW... this story checks off all the boxes (wrapped in Christmas paper) that anyone could possibly wish for! Ryan and Danny are incredibly sweet and adorable together. And their story leaves me wishing for a Christmas romance of my own. I skipped ahead a bit with this book in the series since I have only read book one previous to this one. However it in no way mattered to the enjoyment of this book, so if you wanna read this for Christmas, no need to read books 1-3 first. Though based on book on ...more
Mercedes
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Monika

3.5 Stars

Something was missing with this one I couldn't connect to the MCs like I did with the other stories in this series. Still a sweet read.
Ann
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a sweet holiday story, but not my favorite of the series. Ryan, who we met in Wes and Nicks book is settled into the hum drum of his lack of Love life. He loves his job and his “family” at Conway wineries but is irritated by Danny, an intern working at the winery while finishing his masters degree. On a bet from Geordie, the two are thrown together.
I enjoyed the story but kept wishing that Lane would stop torturing us and give Geordie a HEA!
LauraSt
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS!

I’m just obsessed with these boys!
Ryan and Danny were adorable and perfect for one another, I just loved this one! Can’t wait for the next one!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
**4.5 stars**

This is a sweet romance, one that can be read as a holiday story or simply a continuation of the Leaning Into series. It features Ryan Haskell, a secondary character who in the past had a relationship with Wes before Nick came along and who was actively trying to break up Josh and Finn in their story. Ryan works in the Conrad Winery and is best at his favorite task: conducting tours and selling the wine that is now a part of his life’s work with a group of people he has adopted as h
Annie
Considering this author’s books generally give me the warm fuzzies, I had fairly high expectations for the holiday novella. Add in the fact that this is probably my favorite of her series, and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Ryan’s story. While Ryan was introduced in Leaning Into the Fall, readers certainly don’t need to have read that or any other book from the Leaning Into Stories series to thoroughly enjoy this holiday romance.

Ryan has a bad habit of looking for love in the wrong places.
haletostilinski

This was a nice, fun quick read, but I didn't find anything stand out-ish or special about this one. It was fairly formulaic, fairly standard. Ryan and Danny had okay chemistry but they didn't really get my blood going. They had some fun interactions but nothing else that wowed me or made me really like them.

It was nice to know that the way Ryan acted in Nick and Wes's book was really just jealousy and he apologized for it in this book - even if it's two and a half years late.

These two
Shannon

Ryan and Danny are just too adorable!
I loved how different they are, with Danny so fun and playful, doing whatever he could to rile Ryan up! And Ryan, very caring towards his friends, but so resistant to Danny and his antics.
Such a sweet opposites attract story!
Emma
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
perfectly pleasant read = 3*

I have not read the book where Ryan is introduced but I don't think that mattered. I adored how grumpy he was. And how Danny just ignored the grumpiness and moved into Ryan's heart. I would have liked a bit more of a story but it got the job done.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Very Henry Christmas (The Weight of It All #1.5)
  • Love Happens Anyway
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)
  • In Case of Emergency
  • Eight Nights in December
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Desperately Seeking Santa
  • Finders Keepers
  • On Davis Row
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Last Call (Heartsville, #1)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Secret Santa
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Body and Soul (Twist of Fate #3)
  • Fake Boyfriend Breakaways (Fake Boyfriend #2.5, 3.5, 4.5)
Lane Hayes is grateful to finally be doing what she loves best. Writing full-time! It’s no secret Lane loves a good romance novel. An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. These days she prefers the leading roles to both be men. Lane discovered the M/M genre a few years ago and was instantly hooked. Her debut novel was ...more

Leaning Into (7 books)
  • Leaning Into Love (Leaning Into, #1)
  • Leaning Into Always (Leaning Into, #2)
  • Leaning Into the Fall (Leaning Into, #3)
  • Leaning Into Touch (Leaning Into, #4)
  • Leaning Into the Look (Leaning Into #6)
  • Leaning Into Forever (Leaning Into, #7)

News & Interviews