Start by marking “1 Night (Time for Love #0.5)” as Want to Read:
1 Night (Time for Love #0.5)

1 Night

(Time for Love #0.5)

Being a stripper in Vegas meant that all of Simone's nights usually blended together in a haze of neon. Until that 1 Night when a tall, drunk stranger wandered in needing help, and Simone uncharacteristically agreed to do it.

Cal thought a trip to Vegas with his buddies for a Bachelor Party would be a blast, but things didn't go as planned, and that 1 Night turned into some
Published (first published November 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about 1 Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1 Night

Start your review of 1 Night (Time for Love #0.5)
Coco.V
Dec 13, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/13/2017)! 💝

1 Night is a prequel to 8 Weeks, which is book 1 in the Time for Love Series and also available for free.

Blurb:
Previously released in the Forbidden Love Anthology under the title, What Happened in Vegas.

Cal thought a trip to Vegas with h
Teri
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about a first impression gone all bad. Loads of fun and so much more. He was a mess drunk out of his mind and she needed a break. One wild night for him confessions for her and a bond is made. She needs a fresh start, he needs to sober up. Great fast read to start off a new series.
Nicole
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have ever read ‘8 Weeks’ the first book in the ‘Time For Love’ series than you like me, and many others have always wanted to know…what happened in Vegas. In this short story we finally get our answer.

After getting drunk beyond belief and somhow misplacing his friends Cal stumbles into a strip club. After some arm twisting by a coworker Simone agrees to help him locate his hotel, his room, and after an accident on the elevater decides to stay till his friends return so he doesn’t die in h
Izzie d
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The prequel to 8 weeks.
If you have read 8 weeks you will want to read this as it covers the events that led to 8 weeks.
Danielle
Dahlia (yadkny)
What happens in Vegas doesn't stay there for long...

A nice intro to Simone. It's a prequel for Cal's story, but he wasn't really conscious for most of it, so Simone is the narrator of this one. She's definitely a feisty and confident stripper, but very vulnerable when it comes to love. I'd like to see where her journey takes her. As for Cal, it's a to be continued and definitely not alot of good news headed his way either even if he is 'one of the good guys'. Time to find out what happens next a
Lori R.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes! FINALLY! We get to find out what happened! Did you read 8 Weeks? Did you wonder WTH happened in Vegas?? Well, wonder no more. We finally get answers!

In this short prequel to the Time For Love series, the author tells what Cal was really up to when he went to Vegas with his buddies. Because when he gets home to his love, Shelly, he has no clue what happened, and it jeopardizes his marriage.

This was a perfect start to one of my favorite series. Plus we get introduced to a new character - on
Kimberly
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoa

I read 8 weeks, and I definitely thought that Cal had cheated on poor Shelly. But after reading this, and knowing that the only thing he did wrong was drink too much, I felt bad for him. Even though he did help Simone out with her perception of the type of guy she wants in her life.

Good read.
Kim  Brewing
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've read 8 Weeks, you NEED to read this!!
Thanks Bethany for giving us the answers we all needed.
Ann Hupe
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just to let you know, this was a freebie from Bookspry!

I rather liked this little short story about an ice queen stripped in Vegas who takes a pause in her life to act as a good samaritan for a strip club client who's obviously about to pass out from alcohol poisoning. The question is where is he staying and can she get him there before he topples over on top of her?

This isn't technically a romance novel... unless you count the flashback with one of the club's bartenders, a hot guy named Micah.
Theresa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She has the patience of a saint!

Can you imagine confessing your love and getting laughed at? That is what happened to Simone. Now she is trying to get over her embarrassment. And a coworker gives her an opportunity she can't pass up. A week off (with pay, just not tips) if she will help get a drunk ass stranger home! Here's what she didn't count on... as she is getting him to his room, he pukes all over her... Now what's a girl to do?

Favorite passage: “Shelly,” Cal murmured, and my eyes flew ope
Linda Lee
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A typical Vegas trip bucks party. Too much, drinking, partying, watching strippers and gambling. When Cal decides he’s had more than enough and heading back to the room. Just one problem where is his room and where are his friends. Stumbling into a strip joint he asks if they know? He’s in such a bad state he has no clue where he is, where he’s going or where his friends are. One of the girls gets him sorted and back in his room safely, but she decides to spend the night too! I’ve only given fou ...more
Bookish_Sally
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What Happened in Vegas by Bethany Lopez (A Time for love series prequel) I was so worried going into this story. I have previously read 8 weeks and I loved it and I did not want the author to break my heart with knowing what happened that night. I have to say this short story left me feeling complete. I loved seeing another character from another book and would love to see Simone get her own story of her time in Mexico.
Michelle
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars. I always wondered what really happened that night with Cal and now I'm glad to know for sure because I felt like I knew Cal well enough to know what he'd actually do. As for Simone, she was definitely intriguing. She's good at her job and knows how to work her moves, but she's also got high walls encased around her heart and I know there's a story there that I want to read more about, in hopes that she finds her own HEA someday. ...more
Carol
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A very short story about 3 friends who in Vegas for a bachelor party and one of them gets left behind in a strip joint. One of the strippers takes pity on Cal and gets him back to his hotel. A few mishaps happen along the way.
I was disappointed in the fact that Cal was happily married for 6 years and yet Simone would have ruined that and slept with him if he had been willing.
Tina
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a super short read at just 48 pages. Its a prequel to 8 Weeks which I was getting ready to read. I debated on whether to read it first or after but I'm one that really needs spoilers. It was told solely from the stripper's point of view. I'm glad I read it and am looking forward to starting 8 Weeks. ...more
Liz
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For all of us who read 8 Weeks, I have to say I loved this! The entire time I read 8 Weeks and while reading other books in the series, I wondered about what really happened. This gives us our answers and it was everything we imagined! Cal is the best and truly loves Shelly and Simone is one tough woman! Can't wait to read her story!

Happy reading!
A.M.
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
I reckon this is one of those - you should read this AFTER book 1 prequels.
Her motivations made no sense to me. As if a stripper would take a drunk back to his hotel room and look after him, especially after he threw up on her. The bouncer would just dump his ass, no matter how fine, out in the street.
Oh… and I do have book 1.
2 stars
Ashley Hedden
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1 Night (Time for Love #0.5) was a great read by Bethany Lopez. Simone is a stripper in Vegas. All of her nights blend together until the night a tall and drunk stranger wandered in and needed help. Unfortunately for Cal, that one night in Vegas for his friend's bachelor party, changed his life and marriage forever. I enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to read more in this series. ...more
Beeg Panda
The short that proves that the H of 8 Weeks did not cheat
I'm so relieved because I now have closure but still wish the h knew as well
AnjaliC
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-series
A Night Not To Remember

1 Night is the prequel to 8 Weeks, which is book 1 in the Time For Love Series by Bethany Lopez.

Felt bad for Cal and Simone both. What occurred definitely can lead to a lot of misunderstandings. And who is as nice as Simone and a good listener like Cal? I am going to read 8 weeks because I want to know what happens to sweet Cal.
Heather
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
My rating scale:
5☆ - I loved this book and it brought out true emotion in me (laughter, anger, a good cry, etc)
4☆ - I loved this book.
3☆ - I liked this book.
2☆ - I didn't really care for this book.
1☆ - I did not like this book at all and probably did not finish it.
Debra
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
1 Night

I read this after I read 8 Weeks. Glad I found it. It answered all my questions about that night. Won't give it away. But it would have been nice to read before the other story.
TaylerLuvsRomance
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick enjoyable read.
Not everything is exactly how it looks.

But one night can change your life, and test your marriage. Even if everything was innocent, those choices can still haunt you.

1 Night was a great introduction to a new series I plan to continue on with.
Lynn Mullan
Short read, containing too many typos.
Needs better editing.
Linda
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this prequel and want to continue on to the series. My copy had lots of typos however. Hope they fix these since it can be annoying.
Debra Barstad
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
cute short story
Kimberly M
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Now I got a better understanding to the beginning of the 8 weeks book. I see why it's a prequel.
Linda
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of Simone, please

• When We Fell Down (Seattle Sound #2)
  • Trish, Just Trish (This Can't Be Happening, #2)
  • Falling Into the Black
  • A Modern Love Story
  • Gucci
  • Nothing in My Heart
  • Build (Burns Brothers, #1)
  • My Fiance's Dad (Forbidden Fantasies, #1)
  • Owned by the Hitman (Hitman #1)
  • Before You Ghost
  • Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • Dear Mr. Temporary (The Matchmaker Series)
  • Sinful Fling (Sinfully Rich, #1)
  • Warning Track (Callahan Family, #1)
  • On the Mend (Carolina Waves, #1)
  • Babes and Billionaires: Free Romance Box Set
  • Picking up the Pieces (Cloverleaf, #1)
  • The Sexy Stranger (International Bad Boys Set #1)
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webfor...

Bethany Lopez is a USA Today Bestselling author of more than thirty books and has been published since 2011. She's a lover of all things romance, which she incorporates into the books she writes, no matter the genre.
When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with family and tra

Time for Love (8 books)
  • 8 Weeks (Time for Love, #1)
  • 21 Days (Time for Love, #2)
  • 42 Hours (Time for Love, #3)
  • 15 Minutes (Time for Love, #4)
  • 10 Years (Time for Love, #5)
  • 3 Seconds (Time for Love, #6)
  • 7 Months (Time for Love #7)
  • Time to Risk (Time for Love, #8)