Start by marking “Candy Coated Chaos (Sweet Treats, #1)” as Want to Read:
Candy Coated Chaos (Sweet Treats, #1)

Candy Coated Chaos

(Sweet Treats #1)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Alexander

Being with Tavin is like eating those candies that start out sweet and then turn so sour, your eyes water. When she's happy, her radiance is stunning, but her glow is dimmed by her dark secrets. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her, sucking on that lollipop, that there was something unique about her. I was right in more ways than one, and while I don't know t
Published February 15th 2018 by Broken Spine Press

To ask other readers questions about Candy Coated Chaos, please sign up.
Charity B. Thank you Patricia!! There were many factors, but it originated with wanting to have the female be a misunderstood anti-heroine of sorts. When I got…moreThank you Patricia!! There were many factors, but it originated with wanting to have the female be a misunderstood anti-heroine of sorts. When I got that first scene in my head (which is one of the final scenes in book 1) it started to really get going. Then I saw an interview with Jaycee Dugard that gutted me. From there, the characters took it away!! I love this question so much.(less)

Coco.V
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/14/2018)!💝
Iris Hunter
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut novel for the talented Charity B.!! Candy Coated Chaos is an emotionally stunning read that will leave you begging for more. It's sweet and savory, happy and sad, dark and gritty, and in all the right ways. Charity reveals bits of the story so expertly that it keeps you turning page after page. And the characters...they will grab you by the heart and leave you breathless. Be prepared for a roller coaster ride, and be warned, it gets dark, and will only get darker as the sto ...more
Amy Cecil
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The is one of those books that takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride and when it’s over leaves you wanting for more. The author did an excellent job developing her characters to the point that at times you love them and at other times you hate them. Kudos to the author on her debut novel! I am looking forward to seeing what sweet treats the author has in store for us as this series continues. I would highly recommend this book.
Rodin
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful Dark, dark novel.
Great characters.
Excellent plot.
Wonderful complications that come to some twists and turns.
It will ruin the plot to give to much away.
Alexander has loved and lost.
He Mets Tavin.
Definitely Cotton Candy flavoured for Alex.
Beautiful in every respect.
Toben is a problem for Alex.
Taven cannot progress past the moment.
His sister Sasha helps with his quest for love and survival but will it be enough?
There are deeper darker twists hiding from us.
If you like dark beaut
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Free on Amazon!
Ashley
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This book was an awesome surprise! I am shocked that this is a debut novel. The writing is fantastic, easy to follow, and addicting! The author definitely did her research on all of the topics that this book touched on. I loved trying to figure out what was going on. I kept trying to guess and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It took me a little bit to warm up to Tavin, but once I did I loved her. Alex was perfection from the beginning, I love him so much. This plot was so original, this is n
Charity B.
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
I am so excited to share my debut novel Candy Coated Chaos. It is now available in Kindle Unlimited!

**Despite the cover, this is a dark and gritty romance.**

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Candy-Coated-C...

Watch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvIH5...

*** A percentage of all sales will be donated to the To write Love On Her Arms charity***
Makeupgirl9273
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

I was first drawn in by the title and beyond curious as how it would fit with the story. I was pleasantly surprised and astounded by Charity's debut novel. This book was incredibly hard for me to put down from the start! I had to stop 60% of the way through just to get some sleep. I fell HARD for these main characters and in between all the "Chaos" could not help but root for them both. The story develops beautifully leaving questions but I'm sure we'll find out those answers in the next boo
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Candy Coated Chaos is a really well written debut novel. I absolutely loved it and ended up reading it in one sitting. I really couldn’t put it down.

Tavin is a broken and damaged character. My heart broke for her. When Alexander meets Tavin his life changes forever. He wants to help her so much. I’m not going to go into the storyline as you need to just jump into this and read. Heed the trigger warnings tho.

The cover and title is so deceiving. Yes there’s sweetness but there’s oh so much more.
Thea™
I liked this book... but I think didn't LOVED it like my friend who recommended this book. I need to know how this continues, can hardly wait for Sweetened Suffering!! I'd say 4 star for now, in anticipation of book #2.

Low-La
Complimentary copy given by author for an honest review.

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: This novel contains drug use, explicit sexual content, violence, and sensitive subject matter which may be triggering to some readers.

******** 5 STARS ******************
It was really hard to believe that this was a debut novel from Charity B. This book was freaking awesome and don't let the sweet cover fool you into thinking this one is all sweet, innocent and cute. This had candy coated written on the outside and d
Jade
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Amazing stars ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐

I could not put this book down!

This is Charity B first novel and it is so well written and a real page turner. This story does end in a cliff hanger and now I am impatiently waiting for the 2nd novel.

Nakiea Choate
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my!!! Where do I start? I’ll start at the ending- that’s a great way to leave you wanting more. This is a dark, humorous, loving, have you holding your breath, and wanting more. The characters make you fall for them, feel for them and make you mad. Tavin will make you angry but you fall for her because of her situation. Alexander is just delicious and you want him from the beginning. They are both strong and weak and makes the story so readable. I could not put this down but as life goes on y ...more
Shelli
This was a surprisingly dark and gritty story, with bursts of shiny happiness. It's hard to describe without experiencing it, the thrill ride this book is. I have to be honest, I almost didn't read it, because I have serious issues with drug use, I've had people close to me struggle with addiction. This book contains alot of triggers, so make sure you read the warning first!
It was really hard to read at times, but it was written so well. This book will definitely give you a look at the highs and
Robin
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Candy Coated Chaos shredded me! I often found myself reading this amazing story while tears were running down my face. I fell in love with Alexander and Tavin. I cannot believe this is a debut novel, because it is so well written and evokes all of the "feels". I can write reviews even after reading very emotional books, but I have struggled writing this review. I struggle because I'm so torn up. Tavin is this almost ethereal character. She is child-like in her seemingly innocent view of the worl ...more
maureen
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I expected. I went into it blind looking at the cover and hearing that it was a bit of a dark read. This book was absolutely amazing! I couldn’t put it down! The characters are fabulous and the dual point of view perfect. I loved how I kinda knew what was going on but wasn’t positive. This book is written brilliantly and will be in my top 10 reads for 2018!! The fact that this is a debut for this author is incredible! A must read!
Mona williams
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this book was just wow! she has a drug problem that he stumbles upon by accident. he takes care of her and starts to have feelings for her. he has had a bad relationship in the past. she has many demons of her own im still trying to figure out what is really going on with her.
Badh
It isn't often than a first-time author writes something that affects me as much as Charity B. did. I went on an emotional binge reading this book, and I'm still waiting for all those feelings to calm down. It's more than just a book hangover. I can't even describe how I felt when I was finished reading this book.

One day at work, Alexander opens the door to see a tiny woman licking a lollipop. She looks at him and realizes she's in the right place. He looks at her and realizes that there is som
Nico
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very impressive debut novel from Charity B. The cover is deceptive as this book is as far from saccharine sweet and fluffy as can be! The main character of Tavin is complex, quirky and a somewhat anti-hero. She has major issues which readers could find uncomfortable and challenging. A deep mystery surrounds her life and the author keeps the suspense going right until the cliffhanger ending. Alexander is somewhat out of his depth trying to cope with the chaos Tavin brings into his life, ...more
Sarah Peña
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Tavin is such a different and unique character. So interesting, intriguing and infuriating at times!
Alexander grew on me. Their interaction is so fun and dark sometimes. I loved the mix of her innocence and darkness. Such an interesting story, I’m so intrigued, I can’t wait for the next one!!!
 Mary~❤️~DBO

★3 Stars★

This is the debut book by the author...I didn't read anything like this before, and it was a very interesting read. Although the book has a pretty good warning, I still read it. I thought I could do it, but I was wrong...it broke my limits.

Imagini pentru not my thing gif

The story starts with Alexander, a sexy billionaire, hot bachelor, a womanizer who doesn't pay a second glance at any woman. Although he lives a life that most men dream of, he has a hurting past and his relationship with his twin sister is broke
Darkreads
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing debut novel by Charity B. This book offers a refreshing take on dark romance. It is both heart-wrenching and hopeful all the while keeping the reader hooked. The characters are very well developed and beautifully messed up. The plot is engaging with a touch of mystery and suspense.
The book deals with some dark and disturbing subject matter such as abuse and drug addiction. I have to commend Charity B. for writing about these difficult subjects with both honesty and sensitivity.
I
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Damn!!! Talk about an emotional rollercoaster ride!!
So I finally got around to reading Charity's debt release and it was perfection!!
Candy Coated Chaos will blow you away, it's darkness will suck you right in while giving you flickers of light.
It's Raw, it's addictive, it's complicated yet heartbreakingly beautiful.
Tavin is a girl who has a complicated life, she tries to drown it out as best as she can. Meeting Alexander opens her up a bit but she's still cautious due to the secrets that she ke
Tami czenkus
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic debut novel by Charity B.
Alex and Tavin meet by chance and the chemistry is out the charts hot!!!
There are tons of twists and turns to this angsty novel that you will be glued to the pages while not wanting it to end!!! Can't wait for the next one. I was pulled into the story and all of the characters and they all played well off of one another. This is going to be an intense series.
Destiny Maricich
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing debut!! This book is full of emotion and touches on subjects that most don’t dare touch on it starts out light ( lighter side) and gets darker as it goes on I truly enjoyed this book and it had me gripping my iPad throughout the whole book and when it just ended I was thrown into a book hangover. I can’t wait to see what charity brings in book 2
LISA
Apr 22, 2018 added it
What can I say an absolutely stunning debut novel from Charity. Totally absorbing from the outset covering some serious issues but written so well. Tavin is such a delight but also so damaged. Alexander bites off more than he can chew but sticks by her. Such an emotional story can't wait to read more of their story.
Taintedrose76 Christina
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book I read last week its a relevant story in today's time.
About a young girl and her best guy friend who both had to become someone's sweet girl as in hooked to the wealthy to make it also being addicted to opioid drugs living in a bad neighborhood. During her story a CEO of a company who is a womanizer becomes obsessed with her and saving her from the life. Its a good story and just found out there will be a book 2.
My only down thought to this is why the guy always has to be a rich guy.
LaMaria Bryant
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me rocking on my toes in anticipation. The suspense and drama were just enough not to be overdone. I loved the fact that the male character had a thing for smaller women and found it amusing that her choice in footwear did it for him. The fact that her behavior was that of small child when sweets were around made the book all the more interesting. I’m anxiously awaiting the second book in this series.
Ana Oh
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Numb

That's how I'm feeling right now. They're all selohssa. Every single one. The all have goodness, too. And now I kinda want a lotus brand on my cleavage.

Lord. Just read it. It may be the lightest darker book you'll come across.
Romana
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charity has arrived! Sugar and sweet with a hint of delicious darkness. Could not put this book down. Loveable characters that are so unpredictable and just when you think you've got it turns out you haven't. If your craving for a book hangover then charity has got you covered there.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Sweet Treats (3 books)
  • Sweetened Suffering (Sweet Treats #2)
  • Cupcakes and Crooked Spoons (Sweet Treats #3)