Start by marking “La Nuova Alba (Rebel, #3)” as Want to Read:
La Nuova Alba (Rebel, #3)

La Nuova Alba

(Rebel of the Sands #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  6,587 Ratings  ·  1,134 Reviews
Terzo libro della serie Rebel, un romanzo esotico, sensuale, affascinante e pieno di colpi di scena.

Fuggendo dal suo sperduto paesino nel deserto, mai Amani avrebbe immaginato di unirsi a una ribellione e tanto meno di prenderne da sola il comando. Ma quando il sanguinario Sultano del Miraji imprigiona il Principe Ribelle nella mitica città di Eremot, non le rimane altra
Published November 15th 2017 by Giunti

To ask other readers questions about La Nuova Alba, please sign up.
Black Addict
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Basma Some people get proof/advanced copies from the publisher. And some people on goodreads rate the book solely for their excitement about the cover and…moreSome people get proof/advanced copies from the publisher. And some people on goodreads rate the book solely for their excitement about the cover and that the book is out. (less)

Mari
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Please don’t read the comments if you don’t want to be spoiled. In my review I have spoilers under tags but not in comments as I can do nothing about those. Hope this helps.

I’ve lost the ability to produce proper sentences.
THIS BOOK WAS SO CRUEL. AND SO GREAT.
Now I probably really need to sit in a corner and cry of both sadness and joy. I’ll miss everybody so freaking much! I started reading this series in 2015 and I’ve loved it ever since. Not one time was I let down (except again when the au
Alyssa
Jul 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-releases
Gimmee gimmee gimmee gimmee!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Want to see my collection?

description
Stacey
Aug 19, 2016 marked it as must-have  ·  review of another edition
It really angers me that this book, which is the third in the series, has an average 2 star rating when the second book hasn't even been released yet. People anger me!
Nina (Every Word A Doorway)

Hero at the Fall could not level with the preceding installments and thus did not meet my expectations. Its ending was rushed and anti-climactic, and some solutions to problems seemed way too easy for my taste. Another reason this book fell flat for me was my emotional detachment from the characters, which had already commenced in the sequel. Despite some enjoyable and entertaining chapters, this book was not my cup of tea.

RTC.
Dalziel Mapp
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm never going to ever forget this story

FIRST UP YES I'M A COMPLETE AND UTTER MESS RIGHT AND YES I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY STABLE RIGHT NOW AND YES EVERYTHING REALLY REALLY HURTS AND YES I'M NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE FOR A GAZILLION YEARS AND YES I'VE ALREADY CRIED ENOUGH TO FILL UP SEVERAL HUNDRED BATHTUBS.

Secondly, thank you Alwyn Hamilton for giving me this amazing series that feels so much like home every time I delve back into this world. You have not let me down once. HOWEVER, H
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Nooo it's over :(
Simona Bartolotta
I still believe this trilogy to be qualitatively a little above your average YA series, but this finale didn't fully satisfy me. A bit on the smoke-and-mirrors side, if you ask me, and it comes with filler drama aplenty—case in point, pretty much everything that goes down in the last chapters (but not only there) and, particularly, (view spoiler). This necessary (?) (view spoiler) (which didn't even happen in the end... s ...more
Nina
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely amazing and definitely one of the best books I've read this year so far! The plot of "Hero at the Fall" was incredibly interesting and I was just glued to the book. It made me laugh and cry and kept me on the edge of my seat. Overall, it was simply everything I hoped it would be and it's definitely a new favorite of mine. It's been some time since I've been this sure about rating a book five stars but "Hero at the Fall" deserves every single one of them!

instagram || my b
Anja
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
*5 BLUE-EYED STARS*

“She was all fire and gunpowder, and her finger was always on a trigger.”

THE PERFECT ENDING TO WHAT HAS BECOME ONE OF MY FAVORITE TRILOGIES.
I loved absolutely everything about this!

I’m in for a major book depression guys, I'm not ready to say goodbye to all these wonderful characters.

Whatever Alwyn Hamilton is writing next, I'm definitely reading it!
Bright Star
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2017
"A new dawn, a new desert."

Another series has come to an end, and I'M NOT OKAY.

Hero at the Fall was the perfect conclusion to an incredible series! I fell in love with Rebel of the Sands from the first page and my love only grew more and more! Each book is amazing and unique, and you can't help but adore everything and everyone (Amani and Jin, my babies ♥).
And now that the story is over all I can feel is emptiness because I already miss all of them! *cries*
If you haven't started this series yet
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)

It's over? The series is over?

description

Honestly, I thought this was the perfect ending to this series. Alwyn Hamilton wasn't afraid to give us a few broken hearts along the way and kept going with the twists and turns, making us question if there could ever be a happy ending. Or, if there was, if that ending would stay happy.

Following the shocking reveal at the end of Traitor to
Manisha
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: first time YA fantasy readers.
Actual review: 3.5

“She was all fire and gunpowder, and her finger was always on a trigger.”

I found this to be a decent ending to a decent trilogy. Out of all the books in this series, this instalment is the most action-packed novel, and therefore, the fastest to read. It was fun, it was interesting, but like the past two books, this was so close to what it could have been, but failed in a few aspects.

THE WORLDBUILDING

For me, this was the strongest aspect of the entire book, and of the entire
Larissa (Book Bosomed Blonde)
You can also find this review on My Blog.

There is little left to say after loving the first two books in this trilogy either than again, i am not disappointed! There couldn’t have been a better conclusion to this swirling desert tale. There’s blood, war, death and magic but all loose ends are wrapped up and we get one hell of a story!

Alwyn Hamilton still has her whimsical, almost poet like writing style that i love so much but she has pushed through with a serious amount of action in this final
Cindy
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

- I loved this!
- The ending was done so well. It was solid and no question was left unanswered
- I felt so satisfied
- World building and writing were amazing!
- I loved the worlds, magic, politics, action scenes and tension
- Ah everything was amazing and it was so nice seeing everything play out
- Hamilton is NOT afraid to kill off characters and I'm glad she takes those risks!
- I love the character so much as well. How they act under pressure, how they bond and how they support one anoth
Beatrice in Bookland
"We were going to get them back. And we were going to end this."

I loved this finale but in my opinion it wasn't as good as Traitor to the throne.

Amani is still the headstrong demdji we've been following since the beginning but now she's the leader of the rebellion and she must find a way to save Ahmed and the other rebels. I still really like her, she knows she's not a leader but she tries her best.
I also love her relationship with Shazad, they are one of the most under appreciated friendships o
Suzanne
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

Amazingly fast-paced conclusion! I found this book (and trilogy) to be vastly entertaining with amusing characters and a well-built world. There was richness to the culture created in this trilogy by the author. For some reason, the culture she created in these books really gained my interest. First and foremost, I am happy with the conclusion though there are parts that were tough to accept (not going to lie, we do get connected with characters after three book) but that being said, it was
Katie.dorny
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This series is amazing and I can’t believe how it’s not more well publicised!!
Everyone who is a fan of The hunger games; divergent etc needs to read these!!
The ending had me ready to riot for a second.
But it was so bittersweet.
We meet Amani as the rebellion is all but dead; literally and figuratively.
You could literally feel the tension and omg Amani was just a real character - not some out of reach not in this real world woman.
The road back to victory took so many twists and turns - and so m
Fafa's Book Corner
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: War and death. The LGTBQ characters have been killed off.

Buddy read with Tova ! Click on her name to keep an eye out for her review. Part of this book was read during Kimi's (GR friend) 24 hour read-a-thon. Tova and I also buddy read Traitor to the Throne. Considering how much I enjoyed that one, naturally I finished the sequel. I am happy to say that I enjoyed it!

Amani is woken up from her nightmares and told to follo
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
THAT WAS SO GOOD IMMA CRY. But seriously all the magic, the mythical Arabian setting with the Western twist, the rebellion and the wonderful friendships, I loved everything so much!

I loved how all the way through the series it kept its super fast, action packed pace and so much happened. There's never a dull moment as we're taken to the sandswept desert setting, small towns, luxurious imperial palaces, mythical caves... The setting is so rich and evocative.

I'm going to miss the vibrant cast of c
Kaila
4/5 stars

“The Rebel Prince will rise again. He will bring a new dawn. A new desert.”

What a fantastic finale! Wow! This series has been absolutely wonderful from start to finish, and now I'm just so heartbroken that it's over. I was initially worried about starting this book because normally I don't seem to enjoy the last book in a series much; but this definitely wasn't the case here. Hero at the Fall was an action-packed, thrilling finale that had me fully captivated by the story. The world-b
Alaina Meserole
Hero at the Fall is the third and last installment of the Rebel of the Sands series. It was a really good book but I'm kind of sad to see it all end.

Amani is probably my favorite character that I've ever read.. this week. I can't say forever.. because that would be a lie. However, she is such a bad ass that she would definitely stay in the top 10. Now she has a lot on her plate in this book. She's the leader of the rebellion and trying to save Ahmed and basically everyone else. While keeping ev
Gabry
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Assolutamente perfetto!

Questa trilogia è diventata una delle mie preferite di sempre. Amo l’ambientazione, lo stile di scrittura, i miei e le leggende, i personaggi, la storia!

Leggete questa saga e restare stregato dal deserto e da ciò che vi deve raccontare! <3
Anali
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos, for-review
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This is the story legends are made of. Epic. Brilliant. Stunning conclusion to a riveting fantasy trilogy!

5 flawless stars

Why did I wait months before reading this one??????

I had been lucky to get the first two books via Netgalley. They were so smart and enthralling that I bought them in French for my kids who are now both addicted.

The third one has been pre-ordered months before its release but it was patiently waiting on my shelf as I was drowning in ARCs and new releases.

The incoming YALC
Leona  Carstairs
This is one of those absolutely BRILLIANT series that don't get the amount of attention they deserve!

This book ruined me. It broke my heart into five million worthless shards and had me sobbing as I read those intense last 90 or so pages. *heart wails just thinking about it* It was such an epic, intense, marvelous conclusion, and is definitely my favorite volume from the series. I can't even think right now. My brain has shut down, as it often does in the aftershock of an amazing-as-fuck book.
Maryanne
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

Ahead of us, in the garden, a fire flickered to life.
And the storyteller began.

Ana Carolina
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, favorites
Fantastic conclusion!
I've loved this series since I first read Rebel of the Sands but I have to confess I put of reading Hero at the Fall for quite a long time. Partly I was worried it might not live up to expectations but equally I just didn't want the story to end, I still don't feel quite ready to say goodbye to this world or these characters even though I was extremely happy with how the journey ended for most of them. I'm going to have to give you a little bit of a warning in case you've not picked up this book ...more
Georgie
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: better-than-food, ya
“We would be stories long after we were gone. Imperfect, inaccurate stories. Stories that could never even come close to reality.”

Definitely my new favorite series!
  • Wildcard (Warcross, #2)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game #2)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • The Dark Days Deceit (Lady Helen, #3)
  • The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes #2)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • The Savage Dawn (The Girl at Midnight, #3)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
  • The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere, #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #4)
  • Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
  • Untitled (The Diviners, #4)
  • Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2)
  • A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2)
  • Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2)

Rebel of the Sands (3 books)
  • Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands #1)
  • Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)
“Once there was a boy from the sea who fell in love with a girl from the desert.
[...]
But he wondered if a boy from the sea and a girl from the desert could ever survive together. He feared that she might burn him alive or that he might drown her. Until finally he stopped fighting it and set himself on fire for her.”
31 likes
“But even if the desert forgot a thousand and one of our stories, it was enough that they would tell of us at all. That long after our deaths, men and women sitting around a fire would hear that once, long ago, before we were all just stories, we lived.” 17 likes