Start by marking “Hello Girls” as Want to Read:
Hello Girls

Hello Girls

Best friends are forged by fire. For Winona Olsen and Lucille Pryce, that fire happened the night they met outside the police station—both deciding whether to turn their families in.

Winona has been starving for life in the seemingly perfect home that she shares with her seemingly perfect father, celebrity weatherman Stormy Olsen. No one knows that he locks the pantry door
Published August 6th 2019 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Hello Girls, please sign up.
Cat It is definitely for older crowd - I'd say, 15+.
TW: domestic abuse, drugs, murder, gambling.

Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Video review - https://youtu.be/w9617uq7Kk0?t=73

This was such a quick read but unfortunately it wasn’t really for me. I was totally engrossed in the story because I had no clue where it was going but then when I got to probably 70% of the way through, I just started losing interest. I was so far in that I sped through the rest of it so I could finish.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review by HarperCollins Frenzy*
Malanie
Two best friends from Michigan go on a road trip of empowerment in their stolen convertible. WAS THIS NOVEL WRITTEN *JUST* FOR ME? BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT WAS.

I went into this with high hopes. I love Emily Henry, I love the setting, I love friendship. But I guess,,,,,,,,,I was expecting something more emotionally devastating? i.e Intense feelings between these two friends. I showed up almost entirely for the friendship; sadly, though, I never felt it. I was told “these two are friends” instead of
rin 눈_눈 WATCH GOOD OMENS
*slides $10* make them gay
emma
best friends? runaways? revenge? contemporary?

EMILY HENRY?????????

RELEASE DATE IN 2019????????????????

cruel, cruel, cruel world.

just give me ittttttt
Emily
Nov 14, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
a good book full of very bad ideas
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Nov 14, 2017 marked it as releases-2019
cowritten vigilante girl besties based off Thelma & Louise, and also this cover dropped absolutely saved me. uh, hello, yes?
megs_bookrack
Thelma & Louise for the next generation???

Sign me the F*UP!!

Jeff Zentner
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am deeply fortunate to have gotten to read this as a manuscript.

HELLO GIRLS is a razor-sharp union of sidesplitting dark comedy, fierce feminism, and poignant friendship, paced like an Alfa-Romeo at full throttle, and written in gleaming, perfect, gutpunch sentences.

One of the sharpest, funniest, and most perfectly written books I’ve ever read. This story of two best friends on the lam will have you alternating between rolling with laughter and picking your jaw up off the floor in wonder.

Bri
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
was not expecting to love this. BUT I DID. what a wild ride.
chloe ♡
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
despite the way the world had seen them, despite what it had demanded of them, the lies it had told and the love it had taken away, the insistence that they be both more and less than who they were, despite the rent they had to pay, the utility bills, the days in line waiting for them at the dmv, the interviews for jobs, the meals they would have to make and the floors they would have to clean and the windows they would have to close against the night sky –

lucille had the confused sense that th
Noa ☾
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Tw : physical abuse, manipulation

ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

“Why did people lie ? With their words, with their voices, with their bodies, with their beautiful houses and beautiful clothes and sometimes even their faces ? Why couldn’t everyone just be what they were ? Monsters should look like monsters.”

Between the ages of 12 and 15, I dreamt of running away in a Thelma and Louise way (not because my life was horrible, but because of imagination and vicariously
Stacee
I was completely sold on the idea of a Thelma and Louise story. I didn’t even need to know more than that.

I loved Winona and Lucille. They’re similar and entirely different and I really enjoyed seeing how they became friends. Nearly every man in this story is a d-bag, yet it was so accurate at the same time.

Plot wise, it’s sort of a roller coaster. There’s a bit of a slow start as we get the back story of the two of them, but when the bang hits, it doesn’t let go. The ending didn’t go in the d
Sanna ♡
★★☆☆☆
————————————————————————
I did not feel connected to this story at all. I mixed up the two characters all the time, even in the end. This story made me feel NOTHING, which is something that never happend to me before. I did not have high expectations but I thought that I atleast would enjoy it a little bit, my mistake.

To be honest, I don't remeber what the story were about. Two girls going on a roadtrip, kinda. I know that one of the girls wanted to get away from her dad but I don't remember
Dylan
This was sent to me by the publisher, in return for an honest review. Of course, all thoughts are my own.

3.5 stars.

I have incredibly mixed feelings about this book.

This seems to have been written for me. My favorite trope *ever* is vigilante teenage girls. I just find the entire trope so thrilling and impowering. While I loved that aspect of HELLO GIRLS, it's far from a perfect story.

First off, these girls are pretty dumb. I can't go into too much detail since the parts where their lack of thin
Maile
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing read! Girl power to the max; it was so funny and empowering!

Thank you to Katherine Tegen Books and Harper Collins for the free ARC!
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
You can find the full review and all the fancy and/or randomness that accompanies it at It Starts at Midnight .

Parts of this book were super. Like a road trip! And two young women being completely over the patriarchy! And strong female friendships! But for whatever reason (and I can't fully articulate them which I realize makes me the worst), I just never fully connected to the characters, and by extension, the story.

Here's the thing: most of the people in this story are pure and total garbage.
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
2.5/ 5 stars

Hello Girls is Young Adult contemporary fiction.

The narrators are 17 year olds Winona and Lucille (3rd person POVs).

The story is about two best friends who leave their awful family members behind. They go on a road trip Thelma & Louise style. The story is a bit dark.

I liked both girls. But I was very angry at both of their home situations. They both had male family members who were horrible people.

I liked the idea of this book. Two teens going on the road. I didn't mind some of
S.M. Parker
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS MY EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Lisa
Apr 25, 2019 added it
Shelves: arc, 2019
Put this one down. I liked the premise but the content took a hard left I wasn’t interested in or expecting. Totally a personal preference.
Fatma
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
LOOK AT THAT COVER !! THOSE COLOURS !!
Jessica Lyn
Review closer to publication time
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
You know when you start a book and know immediately that it's not going to click with you. That was me after starting HELLO GIRLS. I read about 10% of the book, but I felt no connection to the characters or the relationships. I also didn't feel anything about Winona or Lucy's situation which should have been a big emotional investment from me. I love friendship stories but this one was a miss for me.
Taylor
Dec 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Well HELLO there gorgeous!! I need this book about an iconic girl gang duo immediately.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
I received an ARC of this title at a work conference.

TRIGGER WARNING! THERE IS EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE IN THE FIRST 100 PAGES! While it is by no means extremely detailed, graphic or gruesome, it WAS difficult for me to read without getting sick (and i have no experience with emotional or physical abuse).

Basic run down: 2 girls from very different backgrounds runaway from their dangerous homes and go on a road trip hoping to find one of their mother's. The girls support and love each other
Madison
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hello Girls is an epic road trip novel slash crime novel slash ode to friendship slash feminist piece de resistance. With razor-sharp wit and punchy action, this book swings from hilarious to what the hell to hell yeah and back again.

To everyone else, Winona’s father is charming and kind. To her, he is both jailer and torturer. Lucille works hard to keep a roof over her mother’s head and her hard-earned savings away from the grubby hands of her drug-dealing brother. The only peace the two girls
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ya, contemporary, arcs
Rating: 3.5 stars

If you are looking for a YA Thelma and Louise inspired story, look no further. This was a story about two girls, who were let down and abandoned by the people, who were supposed to protect them. They were tired of conforming to the unrealistic standards set for young women, and they needed to break free from their oppressors. Long story short, they stole a car, robbed a store, and were off in search of their new beginning.

The trail these two blazed, and the wreckage left in thei
Mari Johnston
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review and many others can also be found at Musings of a (Book) Girl.

Content Warnings: child abuse, Alzheimer’s, underage drinking, gun violence, drugs

First off, you need to know that I would die for Winona and Lucille. These two are the absolute best characters in the world and I would do anything for their happiness.

Hello Girls is easily one of my top three books of 2019 so far. I haven’t read any of Brittany Cavallaro or Emily Henry’s solo novels, but I’m definitely dying to now. There a
Kael
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as most-anticipated
Oh hello cover! I am SO ready for this!!!
Sana
Nov 14, 2017 marked it as anti-library  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
DUUUUDE, this better be good
LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
*I received an eArc of this book from the Publishers through Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review*

07/32-- 3.5? Maybee???

• The Arrival of Someday
  • Truly Madly Royally
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • Be Not Far From Me
  • Let Me Hear a Rhyme
  • The Kingdom
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
Brittany Cavallaro is a poet, fiction writer, and old school Sherlockian. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Charlotte Holmes novels from HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books, including A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE, THE LAST OF AUGUST, and THE CASE FOR JAMIE (forthcoming in March 2018). She's also the author of the poetry collection GIRL-KING (University of Akron) and is the recipient of a ...more