Start by marking “The Lost Path” as Want to Read:
The Lost Path

The Lost Path

3.19  ·  Rating details ·  334 Ratings  ·  172 Reviews
Three young boys set off from Camp Happiness, map in hand, determined to be the first to find the treasure before anyone else. But the shortcut they take leads to something far more spectacular and sinister! All manner of magical beasties live in these woods, and the kids find themselves caught between warring Forest Spirits. Will the three boys find their way out of troub ...more
Published March 28th 2018 by Lion Forge Comics (first published June 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Path

Amalia Gavea
‘’Once something is in the forest’s clutches, it doesn’t easily let go…’’

After the highly enjoyable experience with The Ghost, the Owl my current mood for interesting Gothic comic books brought me to The Lost Path.While not as poignant and thoughtful as The Ghost, the Owl , The Lost Path was very interesting and rich in beautiful illustrations.

The story starts with a mysterious curse that falls on a young couple who chose to live in a strange forest. The young woman feels that something is ami
karen
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kiddiwinx
NOW AVAILABLE!!!

this isn’t nearly as good as The Little Red Wolf, but i read a digital arc through netgalley, and it’s possible that some of the things i didn’t love about it are just placeholder pages that are going to change between now and the release of the physical copy, so i’ll come back here in april with the answer to that puzzle.

if i’m judging this book on story or cohesion, it’s probably a 3. but in a book this pretty, i don’t always mind if the story's weak. and this one isn't terrib
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
2.5 stars that are almost entirely for the beautiful illustrations.

The story itself was bizarre and incoherent.

Full RTC.
[Shai] Bibliophage
The Lost Path is about the adventure of three young kids: Elliot, Charlie, and Arthur. They got lost in the woods while they were trying to treasure hunt. Along the way, they meet some strange characters such as talking animals and monsters. The first part of the story is about the young couple in the past that got lost in the same forest, and the kids got entangled with the unfinished story of the couple while they were looking their way out.
The Lost PathReaders will never know what happened to the duel b
Jennifer (Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー)
Provided to me by NetGalley in Exchange for an honest review

I suppose Stranger Things ruins you for lesser things.

Lost Paths should work so well in theory. The artwork is stunning but quirky and features some beautiful creatures and an interesting bit of self-made mythology.

My problem is the poor way in which the children are portrayed and handled in this graphic novel. There is nothing wrong them, but not really much right either. They are all bossy and egotistical without the saving
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I was sent this book as an advanced copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

This was a really cute story about three boys who get lost in a magical forest and meet all kinds of creatures in it.

I really like how every boy was given a distinct personality even though the graphic novel is only 100 pages long. I particularly loved the youngest boy, who thinks he's a robot. He was so cute and he alone makes this 100% worth reading.

Also, the
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Map in hand, 3 friends set off to find treasure before the others at camp. Their shortcut takes them through woods with sinister magical beasts and warring Forest Spirits.

The art mesmerized me from page one! I was a little doubtful about reading this at first. I didn't understand the point... but the art quickly won me over as did the boys! And this is an adventure I would want to go on if I were traipsing around in a forest lookin
Alexandra
I picked up an ARC of this, because I enjoyed The Little Red Wolf (with some reservations for some kiddos), and liked the art.

Amelie Flechais is obviously a very talented artist. The cover for this one is gorgeous. The story, while not particularly original for a Children's story, sounds full of promise and potential for both interesting and imaginative story-telling and artwork. Kids lost in spooky woods also happens to be one of my favorite Children's story tropes.

Unfortunately this one just d
Devann
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley

I just did not like this anywhere near as much as The Little Red Wolf. I didn't feel like the world was very well explained. The story just kind of jumped all over the place and we met so many woodland creatures but there was never really any explanation for who most of them were or what their role was overall. Also I didn't really like how the art changed every few pages. I understand that it was supposed to represent the different character POV
The Lost Path is a cute, fantastical graphic novel - it's funny, charming, easy to read, and the art is simply gorgeous.

The story is fascinating: three boys get lost in the woods during a treasure hunt and are trying to find their way home. Along the way, they meet a wide-range of magical creatures and eventually the queen of the forest, who seems to be in the middle of a coup.

As I read an ARC, a majority of the pages were in black and white with the occasional colour page - if it had been in
Rebecca
Three young campers wander off into the woods and stumble on a cursed mansion and many a peculiar creature (I especially liked the fox looking for his bicycle). The drawing style is reminiscent of manga/Miyazaki in places, with some particularly splendid full-color illustrations. However, as other early reviewers have noted, there are also lots of pages in black and white that look sketchy, as if they are only temporary placeholders and need to be filled in properly. This really detracts from th ...more
Pamela ✨I Blame Wizards✨
It's challenging to pinpoint exactly why I didn’t like The Lost Path. There was nothing especially bad about it, but certainly nothing specifically great either. Half the art was beautiful, half of it was bland, and the story was, unfortunately, particularly unoriginal. Amélie Fléchaisis definitely a talented artist, but I felt, overall, that her style was inconsistent.

Stylistically I think that The Lost Path was written in the wrong format. It began with a gorgeously illustrated introductory s
Yesha
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
***Note: I received e-ARC via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to publisher and NetGalley. ***

The Lost path is graphic illustrated novel about three boys who travels through the magical forest with the help of map to find the treasure and get lost at the end. Book was very imaginative with beautiful arts and illustrations.

I loved that cover. Art and pictures. They were so beautiful and definitely unique. I haven’t seen such gorgeous illustrations in any picture book. I li
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
In a mysterious forest that lures in lost travelers and is far, far away from the world of man, a young couple follows strange smoke clouds that lead them deeper and deeper into the forest. This place seems haunted with it’s roots enclosing things, evil shadows dancing and eyes watching. The woods are inflicting their prey, both await a different fate as they seem to go mad and devoid from what the forest takes from them.

Three young boys set out with a map in hand to find a treasure in the same
Heena Rathore P.
I had huge expectations for this one because of the beautiful cover design. I was expecting an interesting story, but I got was a story that. to be very honest, had no pint at all. It started out nice and I was sure that like every other sensible book it'll go somewhere, but sadly, it did not! Imagine my horror when it turned out to be a senseless story with good illustrations - that's the only thing I can say to sum up this book.
Chad
May 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
A mostly incoherent story about 3 boys (girls? kids? Katamari Damacy? Couldn't really tell from the art) lost in the woods. The story was hard to follow and frequently switched both art styles and between color and black and white. The black and white panels were especially difficult to make out the detail of what was happening in the story. This one gets 2 raspberries from me.
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
The digital copy was provided by NetGalley and Diamond Book Distributors in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

I was so excited to read this one. The art was pretty, the colored and the black and white. The story though was really flat in my opinion. I wanted to love this but I just didn't see where the story was going. I won't let this define all Amélie Fléchais's art. I will definitely give her other works a try but this one sadly wasn't for me.

|| Blog || Instagram ||
Brooke
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
*I was kindly given an early copy of this by netgalley. All opinions are my own.*
I really enjoyed this story! The fantastical element was so cute and charming. I also very much loved the art style! My only issue was that I felt like their were some plot holes. Things would jump from one scene to another without wholly explaining why or what happened. Aside from that I really liked this. The characters and their personalities were adorable and silly.
Kathy
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, fantasy
This was disappointing. I was expecting something in the same vein as Over the Garden Wall, but this was definitely not that.

The art starts out being gorgeous, full-spread with vivid colours. Then it turns black and white, which I was not expecting. Then, for a couple of pages, the story returns to colour...and then back to B&W again. The transitions were jarring, and while the coloured art is beautiful, I wasn't a fan of the B&W ones.

Then there is the story which I found very confusing
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
My first netgalley read!

I'm new to the world of graphic novels and The Lost Path was a fun reading experience. I loved the quirky, beautiful art, particularly the colored nature drawings of the forest. The young characters were michevious explorers who encounter some monsters in the forest. The story was simple and more of a vehicle to showcase the art, which I felt was the real star of the book.

I think my students would enjoy this book.
Fleur (FranklyBooks)
I received a digital copy of this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a mismatch of different, beautiful storytelling formats. There are some pages which seem like a heavily illustrated children's book, there are others that are coloured in full and even some in black & white. All of this makes for an extremely engaging reading experience.

The story was confusingly weird, to say the least, but somehow that made it more fascinating. Is everything that the boys see rea
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just had to have this one as I loved the author’s first book: The Little Red Wolf. Sadly, in the end I can tell that this wasn’t my kind of book, and that I also wish I hadn’t requested it. :(

The story starts off pretty well, about a forest, a cursed forest. About a couple who live there, about how the woman saw what the forest really was and tried to run, only to…. But then the story of the kids start, and well… I lost my int
Isa Lavinia

ARC provided by Diamond Book Distributors through Netgalley

I've wanted to get my hands on this book since I read Amélie Fléchais' Le Petit Loup Rouge so when I saw it on Netgalley I did not hesitate!
Sadly, it was very disappointing...
I'm not the first reviewer (and I doubt I'll be the last) to mention how the manga influences made the reading of this book feel extremely uneven.
If there is one thing Fléchais excels at it's artwork, but how can you go from this:

To this:

That is not to say that t
Jane
This is a gorgeous book. Just beautiful. I could look at the illustrations all day.

The story, though, is quite odd. If I'm being honest, I really didn't understand it at all. Now and then I came close to having aha moments, but I never actually figured out what the heck was going on. If I were rating this book on the story alone, it would be a much lower score. But the illustrations here are so good, that this is almost a 5-star book even without knowing what it's all about.

I could definitely s
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

I would give this book ALL the stars for the artwork---I could sit and stare at these illustrations all day long. They're both creepy and whimsical, with an incredible amount of detail. I kept finding little surprises. I especially loved the color illustrations, which were gorgeous!

As far as the story went, I did find it a little bit confusing in a couple parts, but I still enjoyed it overall. The kids were entertainin
stefiereads
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it

I read the digital arc through Netgalley.
I was excited to reading this book, but then, I was left with a disappointment :(

The first few pages are so good. Stunning I must say. Love the fairytales atmosphere in it. But then, the more I read, the more I got confuse. It’s just hard to follow the story.
I found myself asking “wait, what just happened?” a few times. Because I just don’t get it. Okay, in my opinion,this book has fairytales touch into it. But then, in some part, I feel like th
mekkaouii_
3.75/5 stars

Wow, this was uniquely beautiful; I especially loved the anime-esque detailing and the incorporation of the colored pages (and sometimes panels) alongside the elegant black and white.

My only issue is with the weird way the story's been handled. We were given little background about the boys (collectively), every time we were introduced to a character the attention almost immediately shifted to a newer character, and, one after the other, their already mini adventures were cut short.
Stefani
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Reading this graphic novel one sitting, but I didn't enjoy it. The illustration color page really pretty even when the graphic change into black-white it's still pretty and beautiful. The weakness is story not really stunning kinda flat and all the characters aren't lovable.
Cassandra
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I came across this graphic novel on NetGalley, I knew I had to read it. The cover art is stunning, and I was thrilled to see that the artwork throughout the graphic novel was just as beautiful. The story itself was a little grim, and the illustrations and colors reflected that. I'd love to see more from this author. Beautiful!

I have received a much appreciated digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Atlas
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, graphic-novel
* *
2 / 5

To read this review with photos, read it on my blog: https://atlasrisingbooks.wordpress.co...

The Lost Path is a hauntingly beautiful illustrated comic - unfortunately, the story makes very little sense. When reviewing any comic book, there are two key aspects, the story and the art.

The art: My first impression was very good. Lovely lines, gorgeously coloured with this sort of sepia colour scheme going on. Many of the pages were works of art all by themselves, the sort of thing that if I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »