Start by marking “Bound: Two Broken Souls. One Journey” as Want to Read:
Bound: Two Broken Souls. One Journey

Bound: Two Broken Souls. One Journey

Two souls don’t find each other by simple accident. ~Jorge Luis Borges~

Levi thought he was making this journey alone. But when he meets an eight-year-old girl at the train station, that plan is turned on its head.

Casey is running away and finds out that Levi is too. They decide to journey together and their lives are suddenly bound together in a journey they will not soo
Published November 2nd 2017 by Chinquapin Press (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound

Faith
Oh my goodness, y'all, this book. It ripped my heart out and trampled all over it and even now—nearly 24 hours later, at the time I'm writing this—I've yet to fully recover.

I've unintentionally read four books dealing with foster care in the last couple weeks, but this one hit me the hardest. Levi and Casey's dark backgrounds were shown with such raw depth and vivid pain, all the while being handled with gentleness and grace. <3

I absolutely adored Mr. Abel and Mrs. Mariah—what amazing examp
Abigail
I should know better than to start books at midnight. You'd think I would learn.

So I read this book in 3 hours in the middle of the night. I had the intention to just read until I fell asleep, but obviously that didn't happen. And wow, it was really good.

This is a very powerful story. It centers around two children (Levi, fourteen and Casey, eight) who are running from abusive situations. That isn't something I've read a lot about. Child abuse is a touchy subject, one people tend to shy away fr
Sarah Grace Grzy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 15+ for thematic elements
It's here, people! It's here!

Bound by Victoria Lynn is one of those books that you don’t just read – you experience it. And it stays with you forever. There is sadness, heartbreak, betrayal, and pain. But there is also hope, love and redemption. Victoria writes a story that addresses some very tough, but relevant issues with tact and grace.

You will find yourself inexplicably drawn to the MCs, Levi and Casey through both their pain and their joys. Mr. Abel and Miz Mariah will charm you with their
R.A.
OH MY!!! <3 Wow, okay, where do I start?

The Characters:
Levi - Awww, loved him! Loved his protecting spirit over Casey!
Casey - I kept picturing her younger than eight (?), but it was fine! She was so sweet and my heart went out to her!
Mr. Abel and Miz Mariah - YES!! They were so wonderful and nice! Ahhh!!!!! (view spoiler)
Angela R. Watts
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is so incredible. I still freak out about it and it's been months since I read it. It's that good.
WHAT I LOVED:
- The characters... were SO REAL. I mean this with every inch of my heart. Sure, we can have good characters who yeah, are relatable, but these characters were REAL. I could see them, feel what they felt, and it was all so accurate... I loved so many of them... and the 'less than like-able' characters were done well, also! (view spoiler)
Abigail
This story is so sweet! We need more stories like this in our world. It makes me heart ache for all those poor children out there who are abused by their parents, who are blinded by Satan's lies and darkness. We need more people like the Bellworths also. They are such sweet, compassionate people, who love to share about Jesus their savior! This book made me cry, smile, laugh, and sometimes do all three at the same time. All in all, I HIGHLY recommend reading this book. It is a little intense on ...more
Mary
Bound by Victoria Lynn is an amazing book that drew me in and riveted me from the very first, although I knew nothing about the book or author when I began. I couldn't put the book down, and it immediately made it onto my favorites list when I first read it – and will always remain there.  It was just as wonderful the second time I read it! I highly enjoyed it both times, and I'll definitely be reading it again in the future.  With beauty, depth, and lots and lots of heart, it's a quality read t ...more
Rebekah Morris
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
When I first started reading this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. I liked the main characters right away, but there were bits that didn't feel real. Well, I soon forgot about them, or they no longer mattered because the story pulled me in and wouldn't let me go. The message of God's love and forgiveness was well done, the characters were real and the story well told. It's one I'll read again.
E.F.B.
I really enjoyed Bound, the second book I’ve read by Victoria Lynn. Her specialty seems to be writing stories with a great amount of heart and characters that feel so real it makes you think they could be actual people living somewhere in our world.

Unlike Victoria’s historical mystery book, London in the Dark, Bound is a contemporary, set in the United States and shedding light on a topic that, as the daughter of a social worker, I am very familiar with: child abuse.

It was important to me that
Emma Grace
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness... This story was so sweet! I read it on her blog. I actually cried twice in the story!

Overall it was a great story, but one thing I noticed was that Casey, one of the main characters, was supposed to be 10 years old. In my opinion she felt more like 7 or 8. Lovely story though!
Allison Tebo
It's OVER!!!! :( :( :(

Review pending!
Melani Crone
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I read BOUND as Victoria wrote chapters each week on her blog. I looked out for her new chapters posted each week! Her book started with a picture prompt, which led to a writing prompt to go with the picture, and then turned into a book. I thought that was pretty cool.
I always enjoy books better when I'm holding a physical copy, rather than an ebook, blog post, or PDF file. So I probably would've been more hooked on the story if I had a book to hold. I ALWAYS have trouble getting into a story wh
Lilian
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites, gifts
Review:
When I picked up this book, I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous and descriptive writing style. Bound is a story about two children who ran away from abusive homes and were taken in by a lovely couple. It’s a story about forgiveness, love, mercy, grace, and more, and I absolutely adored the gentle Christian aspect of it. I also love Victoria’s writing style; she had me turning the pages really quickly and guess what? I finished in a little over an hour. Well, that’s a new record. 😀

Ther
Mikayla
After reading London in the Dark, I was very excited to read more by Victoria Lynn. I fell in love with the characters so quickly.
Levi I loved just about the first time he came on 'screen.' His love and care for Casey was so enduring. I had to remind myself that he was fourteen a lot, because he acted fairly young, but that didn't take away much from the story.
Casey was such a realistically done girl. She's had a pretty hard life and it show with some issues, and is slightly mature for her age.
Karyssa
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of my all time favorites now. I was on the verge of tears within the first chapter. I don't think I've ever read a story quite like this one. It's hard to explain the things this book did to my heart, and that's probably because this is the first time it's ever happened.
Libby May
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was so gooood! Five stars.

First, I'm totally bias towards foster care and foster kid books. I just am. And this was so pretty!

At first, Levi felt a little flat for me, but he evened out and turned out good.

The plot twist with a certain person who's name starts with J was awesome! I lived it!

This book goes on my future shelf. Thank you so much Victoria Lynn for writing this beautiful thing!

Ps. Casey is now my own adopted daughters. Although, in sure I'm not the first.

Oh, also. I reall
Gabriellyn
Overall Impression

Bound was heartwarming. It tells the story of two sweet kiddos who are lost in more ways than one. I was involved from the first chapter and rooting for the characters all the way. The honest truth is, I wasn’t expecting a story this good. I read Victoria Lynn’s London in the Dark, and had didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped. So, when I read Bound, I was rather awestruck.

Bound, in my opinion is so special because of the level of heart behind it. Not only does it surpass Lond
Elaina
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was at times a heart-wrenching book, but other times it was so sweet! I really did almost cry at the end because of how sweet it was! ^_^ I just love all of the characters so much! And of course, I would loooove to read a sequel of this book and would not hesitate to buy it if the author ever decided to make one! ;) I am pretty sure I am not alone in this either because I know of at least a couple others who feel the same way I do haha :P

All in all, I’m so glad I decided to read this book o
Kellyn Roth
Originally posted on Reveries Reviews.

Title: Bound

Author: Victoria Lynn

Genre: Christian Contemporary (MG/YA)

Setting: United States

Publisher: Victoria Lynn

Source: from author (in exchange for honest review)

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 stars

If I had known the book was going to be this good, I would have read it a long time ago. Going into it … I just didn’t think it was my thing. I’m not really a contemporary fiction kinda girl.

But … the author is my friend, so I eventually decided I’d better read it. Bo
Maddy
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
BOUND is such a sweet story about friendship, forgiveness, love, and redemption. I thought that the author did a great job with addressing some hard topics such as abuse / drug dealing, and there is just so much emotion in this story that made it absolutely beautiful. This book is just so precious.

I absolutely loved all of the characters in this book! Levi and Casey were just so sweet and I love how they connected from the very beginning. They both went through so much, and it was so sweet to s
Bridget Marshall
A heartwarming story. Definitely worth reading!
Angie Thompson
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read a lot of book samples from newer authors recently but usually don't make it beyond the sample to purchase the book. The reason is usually a mis-match with my personal taste in writing style, and when I glanced at this book sample, I thought I was going to have the same kind of problem. I knew this one would be different, though, when I finished the sample and just had to buy the book to find out what happened next!

I did find the style a little awkward in places and a bit simpler than I
Hailey Rose
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
BOUND is a sweet book full of "awwwww!!!" moments as well as tear-jerker moments. The simplicity and power of the writing style makes this story pack a punch. Casey is absolutely adorable, and I feel like the author did a fantastic job of capturing the emotional trauma of a child in and out of foster care and abusive situations. Levi, also, is soooo sweet and precious. He needs a hug. Something I didn't care for so much was the extreme speed in which Casey was transferred in and out of foster ca ...more
R.
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Charming.
Els
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh.... *sniffles* I thought about halfway through that this wouldn't be my kind of read, but... the characters! the sweetness! I want to hug them all! This book was simple, but it was heartfelt, and I'm glad I picked up an ARC. I meant to finish some other books, but after page 50 I could not stop reading, much to the horror of my schedule.

Hopefully, a longer review may eventually appear!
JD Sutter
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 15 and up.
Recommended to JD by: Victoria Lynn
4 of 5

This short novel tells a heart-wrenching, yet also heart-warming, story of two children, Levi and Casey, who are growing up in abusive environments. They do not know each other, but when they each decide to run away from their respective homes their paths providentially meet. This high-emotion story delves into some tough issues in a tasteful manner without sugarcoating those issues.

The story is told primarily from the children's points of view and I found myself rooting for them. They wer
Michaela Bush
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this down and when I did (AKA to go to bed. At like 1 AM) I dreamed about it. This book ripped my heart out, then stuffed it back inside, so many times. Have you ever read a book that, when you're done, you immediately want to read it over again? That's how I felt about this one. Such a sweet, heartbreaking, honest story.
anika
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amazing little book - and the first one in a while I read in one sitting!
Erika Mathews
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is so simple and beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The author created realistic characters that our hearts go out to, - and tied it up with a satisfying conclusion. The story was just the right length, too.
Two things that could have been stronger: people seemed to be seriously stomach-sick a lot; also, to me, everything about ten-year-old Casey reads more like age seven. I know she has had a bad childhood, but the responsibility and fear would probably make her sound older instead of y
Bekah
Wow, I just found my first favorite book of 2018! I really had no clue it would turn out to be a favorite, but those types of surprises are oftentimes the best.

What I Liked: I quickly became attached to both Levi and Casey as they struggled to get away from their abusive homes. My heart ached for the situations that they had found themselves in and their desperation over their circumstances. I really liked seeing how Levi was such a great big brother figure to Casey and how implicitly Casey trus
Victoria Lynn is in her 20s and if she's not writing, she is probably sewing, singing, playing the piano, washing dishes, creating something with her hands, or learning something new. She has a passion for serving her Creator, encouraging others and being creative. She blogs at www.rufflesandgrace.com about writing, fashion, modesty, her walk with God and life. She lives in Michigan with her paren ...more
“Somehow, she trusted. With all that was going wrong, she still had the faith to stay strong. She caught Levi’s eye, and the pain in her gaze was tempered with a hope so bright it filled his heart with its light.” 5 likes
“We need to trust that everything will be all right.” The strength in Miz Mariah’s voice caught Levi’s attention. She was staring at the wall with courage in her eyes. “He hasn’t let us down. God is still with us and He loves us, even if things don’t go the way we think is best. We have to trust that God has a plan. And we can’t let fear get in our way.” 3 likes