Start by marking “Circle of Darkness (Genesis Circle #1)” as Want to Read:
Circle of Darkness (Genesis Circle #1)

Circle of Darkness

(Genesis Circle #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  580 ratings  ·  96 reviews
There isn’t a monster D’Angelo Kumar can’t destroy or a crisis he can’t manage until he meets Angel Bai. The insane attraction he feels toward the sexy waiter is unwelcome because D’Angelo doesn’t have room in his life for relationships. A solitary path is the only option for a man like him, but fighting his growing feelings for Angel may be the first battle he can’t win. ...more
Published November 13th 2017 by Chasing Rainbows Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Circle of Darkness

Cadiva
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5*

This was a surprise of the pleasant kind. When it started, I wasn't quite sure where it was going to go as D'Angelo was a bit of an arse and Angel seemed way too meek to tame him.

Also the paranormal element of the story took a while to get going but, when it did, I actually really enjoyed the authors' take on their supernatural world.

I'm a big fan of both of these two writing separately and I quite enjoyed their previous collaboration so I did have high hopes for this which were mostly met.

S
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I should definitely start an "it was ok" shelf.

2★'s = it was ok. And, like I always make sure I mention, it was ok.

I kept thinking I didn't like this but that isn't true. I think I was ok with the story and the world setup, mostly, although, it was highly unbelievable.

My biggest problem was that the writing was just not for me.

I've never read anything that Nicholas Bella has written surprisingly because they have written a lot, but normally I adore Aimee's writing so I don't know what went wrong
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.5 stars.

Circle of Darkness turned out to be one magical- no pun intended - ride. This was absolutely amazing and totally blew my mind away. Thank you for wowing me. It hasn't happened in the longest time.

I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant to get into this. While I love Aimee, I've never read books by Nicholas so I didn't know how they were going to turn out together. And the fact that there was little to none reviews for the story itself.

So imagine my surprise when I started reading, I w
~Volha~
I really liked this book. I have read both authors' separate works and while reading this book it was clear which part was written by which author. It was an interesting juxtaposition - from tough to soft, from angry to gentle - it all somehow worked well together. I enjoyed the concept of demon hunters and their mates. The whole demonology and relics aspect was well written and put a new spin on paranormal community.

The entire motley crew of Genesis Circle antique shop is quite funny and is co
Joyfully Jay
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

2 stars

Nicholas Bella is an author I have been interested in trying out for a while now and while Aimee Nicole Walker is a new author to me, I was intrigued by this book at first glance. But, this book will go on the list of one of the biggest disappointments in this year’s reading.

This book was all over the place for me. The beginning sets up the attraction between D’Angelo and Angel and they started out with great chemistry. D’Angelo wants to deny it all and is abrupt an
Teri
So, unfortunately, I did not like this. I think the idea was good, and there were some interesting characters, but the writing and execution did not work for me. Maybe I should try these authors individually? I really hated D'Angelo, he was a douchebag. There just seemed like a lot of cliches and stereotypes with the vamps, werewolves, and everything about D'Angelo. he is supposed to be some badass (view spoiler) ...more
Mimi
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

Excellent collaboration between Nicholas Bella and Aimee Nicole Walker. I felt this was more of Walker's baby then Bella's. The paranormal violence, gore and erotic sex was waaaayyy to tame for Bella. Also the writing wasn't up to the caliber of Bella's, not to say anything bad about Ms. Walker in any way but when Nicholas Bella's name is on a book their are certain aspects that scream Bella.

Looking forward to Christian and Lorcan's book next.
Rachel Emily
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have never read anything from Nicholas Bella before, but I adore Aimee's writing, and I love paranormal, so I wanted to give this series a try!

I really enjoyed the story. I found the world building and premise very interesting. I love all the different types of supernatural beings in this series, and the possibilities for different pairings and relationships sounds like it will be fun!

I do think that there were some moments of serious info dump, lots of exposition that could have been woven in
justanya
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it

*The toughest review I've written to date which sucks because the two writers are phenomenal!*

These are two favorite authors of mine that are on complete opposite ends of the writing spectrum. Nicholas writes Raw, Dark Dubious Consent graphic violent paranormal stories NOT for the faint of heart, while Aimee Nicole Walker, weaves paranormal stories chock full of humor, romance and sweet seduction. I honestly couldn’t see how these two writing styles could mesh well and my concerns were somewhat
Soledad Weaver
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Circle of Darkness the start

I thoroughly enjoyed this new series. The characters are interesting that you want them for your own friends. The love that the Genesis team have for each other is very unique as well as special. I am looking forward to reading more on this series. The darkness is everywhere it is good to know there is someone keeping us safe. Another great collaboration betweenr Nicole Walker & Nicholas Bella.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it

Review by The Blogger Girls.

This is a great start to an interesting new paranormal series. Here, the paranormals (i.e., vampires, werewolves, etc.) must also deal with demons. D’Angelo is a hunter, or someone who is not quite human. He was brought up, along with his best friend, Christian, trained and bestowed with special powers that enable them to see and take out demons who cross the plane and cause trouble. D’Angelow and Christian have been on their own ever since the society they grew up in
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I am really enjoying that all my favorite MM authors are starting to collaborate on stories. This is Nicholas and Aimee's, who I love separately, first book in a new paranormal series.
The story is fast paced, full of action and you will love all the characters in the story.
Since I have read both Aimee's and Nicholas's writing prior, I think I can tell when each one is writing their part of the story and I think their styles fit well together.
D'Angelo is a demon hunter and al
Carra
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’d read a few of Aimee Nicole Walker’s books, but until now hadn’t read anything by Nicholas Bella. I’m a little on the fence with this story; when reading the prologue (from Angel’s point of view) it had my interest well and truly piqued…but once it came to getting D’Angelo’s point of view, I became a bit disillusioned because I thought he came across as an arrogant, dismissive jerk. While his attitude may have shifted as he and Angel became closer, D’Angelo still retained his rough, annoying ...more
JoAnn
I thought this started off really well, and then it just kinda went down hill.

The writing was pretty flat for me, and well a little ridiculous at points...

”I cocked an eyebrow. “Well, if you’re feeling froggy… jump, bitch.”

Then I thought, why dream about it when I could live it?

And I swear to god if I hear the damn phrase “heightened senses” again in the next week I am going to cut a bitch.

Mine was the whole heighten senses ability

but I could tell when someone was lying to me because of my
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
I guess I can give it 2.5 stars, I enjoyed the story the authors were trying to tell, I just don't enjoy how they told it,

Each chapter was either Angel or D'Angelo info dumping. Especially D'Angelo. During the actual conversations between the characters I did enjoy what was happening.

I believe it's called first person narrative and just isn't my cup of tea.

Lots of action, interesting characters and interesting world created but I won't be continuing the series,
Abbey's Fully Booked
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good start to an addictive series.

Good start to a new paranormal series, abit slow in places but that’s just down to the in depth world building which the reader needs. Loved every character, especially meeting and finding out more about Vamps, Wolves and Demons.

Can’t wait for the next one... I’m imaging a doozy of a book!
Claudia
this one was a suprise and I am really glad that I found this book.

first of all, I loved the characters and the story .. both were really great (although D'Angelo was a real ass at the beginning but after he got over himself, he was great)

the story was interesting and well done.

my problem was with the writing. I had especially troubles with D'Angelos POV. there were often instances where he more described than real experience. so that was a bit of a let-down.

nevertheless, I really look forward t
Daniel Mitton
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

Review to follow.
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I loved getting to know D'Angelo & Angel. I liked how the demons truly came off as evil and completely irredeemable.

I'm very interested in seeing Lorcan and Christian having to deal with each other in the next book.
Tristan
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This reminded me of like for shows and a movie. It was good if not the most original plot and I can't wait to read the next story.
Ivy
Annnd they did it again. Aimee Nicole Walker and Nicholas Bella are back.
D'Angelo is a hunter. Not a random hunter, noooo, he's a super badass super human hunter. He'd been trained since age of 10 years old to do this job, but when he came out, the Chasseur Institute (the super badass hunter's school) threw him and Christian (his best friend) out.
Christian and D'Angelo, create the Genesis Circle. By day, they are simple antiques dealers, by night, they are hunters who fight against demon, ghul,
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
DNF

As much as I wanted to love it, because this story sounds awesome and that cover alone, but I absolutely did not like these characters. I absolutely hated DeAngelo. I liked him better in the first chapter when I thought he was all mysterious. Then opened his mouth and it all went down hill.

I tried to stick it out further, but he just couldn't redeem himself in my eyes, so it's just a big fat no for me.
Keikanna44
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
*Sigh* I'm going to rant a bit here. I'm a big fan of Nicholas Bella. His series New Haven is my second favorite male male romance series EVER. I devoured those books. So you can imagine how eager I was to pick up his Demon Gate series. It ended up being a total let down for me. I struggled to get through it hoping it would pick up but it never did. I bring this up because even though this was written by Aimee Walker and Nicholas Bella, Circle of Darkness has demon gate series all over it. It's ...more
Michele Evans
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!

This story was great! It has hunters fighting evil demons and a world hidden from humans filled with other supernaturals, some bad and some not.

The main character Angel is a waiter in a bar who also has visions. While one of his regular customers starts featuring in his vivid dreams, he finds himself enamored. Until he has a vision that shows D’Angelo dying as his soul is sucked out of him by a demonic relic. He knows he has to act if he has any chance of saving D’Angelo, but w
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
There is a fine line in the land of paranormal books for me. I mean, I love a good, well written paranormal book but,,,,and there is always a huge BUT for me...sometimes I simply just can't get into them. Be it the story, the character's, the author....there could just be several factors.

First and foremost, I am a fan of Aimee Nicole Walker, so I was hopeful that this book would hit the spot for me in both the paranormal genre as well as MM.

D'Angelo and Angel are, in their own right, pretty stu
Jenn's Book Obsession
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read. I haven't read anything of Nicholas Bella so I didn't know what to expect from the writing. I am a fan of Aimee Nicole Walker's and couldn't pass up on the read.

I liked all the details and descriptions that was given. The authors did a great job of bringing to life a visual for me while reading with all the vivid details that was given of either the demons, monsters, the whole paranormal world or just in the whole setting of the story itself. It was like watch
Stacey
May 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

First of all there was really great potential. The world building was interesting and it was a ok plot.

In the first couple of chapters you get a lot of information thrown at you and then you get the exact same information repeated again when D is explaining stuff to Angel. This happens a lot.

All the characters spoke and argued like teenagers. I could put up with Angel but D'Angelo's attitude really bugged me.

He goes from not even wanting anything to do with Angel because he is a hunter
Beth
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book

Generally I’m not a fan of the whole demon thing. I decided to give this book a go because I really love one of the authors’ work and had seen a couple comments that seemed to mirror my opinions on books involving demons. I’m so glad I did. D’Angelo and Angel are compelling characters and the secondary characters add a lot to the storyline.

The plot line is a bit dragged out and feels repetitive in parts but overall it does a good job of world building (this is where some
About me? Hmmm, I'm just a person with a wild imagination and a love for words who was sitting around the house one day and said, "Why hasn't anyone written a book like this before?". As with every storyteller, I wanted to share mine with the world. I like my erotica dark, gritty, sexy... and even a little raunchy. I'm not afraid to go there and I hope you aren't afraid to go there with me. When I ...more

Genesis Circle (2 books)
  • Circle of Trust (Genesis Circle, #2)