Start by marking “A Night in Grosvenor Square” as Want to Read:
A Night in Grosvenor Square

A Night in Grosvenor Square

(Timeless Regency Collection)

Three brand new Regency Romance novellas by Sarah M. Eden, Annette Lyon, and Heather B. Moore

A MATCH FOR PRINCESS POMPOUS by Sarah M. Eden
Matchmaker Adelaide Northrop may be embarking on her greatest challenge yet. Miss Odette Armistead has been dubbed “Princess Pompous” by Society’s elite, and Odette’s parents are desperate to see her married off to a respectable gentlema
Published January 23rd 2018 by Mirror Press

To ask other readers questions about A Night in Grosvenor Square, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night in Grosvenor Square

Julie Carpenter
Every time I read a new anthology in the Timeless Romance anthologies line I think, "I have a new favorite, they can't get better than this one." Well this one is definitely a new favorite. I have honestly enjoyed every anthology that I have read. You can't go wrong with great authors coming together to write clean, sweet, witty, swoony and unputdownable stories covering many different topics. And even better, this collection has all three of the original creators of this line contributing a nov ...more
Mara
LOVED it! This is the latest in the Timeless Regency series. I like that there's only 3 stories so they're longer and the stories all feel complete and not rushed to an ending.

A MATCH FOR PRINCESS POMPOUS by Sarah M. Eden
Miss Odette Armistead is in love with someone, so to fend off unwanted suitors during the Season she puts on airs, etc and earns herself the title Princess Pompous. Much to her dismay her parents have brought in a matchmaker, Adelaide Northrop, to find her a husband by the end o
Katie W
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each one of these stories is utterly delightful! The common factor is Grosvenor Square--a very prestigious area of London. I think what really charmed me is how each story told a different angle of people living in these times and how they would relate to this place.

A MATCH FOR PRINCESS POMPOUS gave the reader a tale of a secret. "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..." I haven't really read a story where a matchmaker is employed and wow, is she good at what she does. I loved the secret and
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I'll review these as I go...

A Match for Princess Pompous by Sarah Eden
This is Sarah Eden at her finest! I love when she writes these light, charming regencies. The plot for this one was so fun, I loved the idea of a regency Matchmaker and Mrs. Adelaide Northrop does a great job matching couples all over England. I sincerely wish Ms. Eden would write a whole series based on Mrs. Northrops adventures in matchmaking! I really enjoyed this one, even though its a shorter story, it felt well developed
Shash
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Timeless Regency Collections! I’m always excited when a new one comes out, but this one had me even more excited than usual. I love all three of these authors! I couldn’t wait to see what they had in store for me!

A Match for Princess Pompous by Sarah M. Eden – I love Mrs. Northrop! It is fun to watch her in action! I loved her desire to help people find true happiness. And I wanted Jack and Odette to find happiness! They were such great characters! Their devotion to each other was so
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
The Timeless Romance collections are my favorite way to escape! I just read the stories one right after the other. It's like having a box of See's Candy chocolates all to yourself... I enjoyed each of the stories- the characters that come to life so quickly, the amazing Regency setting, the satisfying plots that can be devoured quickly. Once again, each story is unique even though they share the theme of Grosvenor Square, and it was fun to see how they each tied it in. I loved the knowing matchm ...more
Jessie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm lucky this is a written review, because I am having a devil of a time spelling, let alone pronouncing Grosvenor!

All that aside, this was another fun collection. Each story was short enough to finish in one sitting, if I was lucky enough to read uninterrupted, yet each story was well fleshed-out.

A Match For Princess Pompous by Sarah Eden

This was my favorite story in the collection. Mrs. Adelaide Northrop is widowed and has quite the skill as a matchmaker. Her companionship is requested when t
Marisa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Three stories in this book that were hard to put down... So I didn't and stayed up wayyyyy too late!!! The first & third were my favorites but I definitely enjoyed all. Clean romances, wonderful characters and commanding women. Highly recommended!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 stars***

I loved this collection of stories. One thing they all had in common, not everything was as it seemed. The characters were of the ton, and of the lower class. They were all wonderful characters. I liked each and every one of them.

In "A Match Princess Pompous" I really hope that the matchmaker, Adelaide Northrop makes an appearance in another Sarah Eden story. She's an advocate to the couples she matches. Her plan is to be an observer and see beyond the facade that people present t
Melissa
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 Great Clean Regency reads.
Sarah Eden's was first....I actually saved it for last. She is one of my favorite authors and her short stories are my fav. It was such a fun read. It was like a retelling of Mary Poppins only for regency girls who can't find love. It was great I enjoyed every minute of it:}
The 2nd was Annette Lyon Confections and Pretense. This was a good story but was just too wordy. Having a short story feel like it's dragging is never a good thing. It was sweet and pulled at the
Lucinda
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely collection of Regency novellas. I definitely could not pick a favorite!
Even though the stories are short, there is plenty of opportunity to fall for the characters and their sweet stories.
I also liked the variety: in the first story there's a "professional" matchmaker that helps the couple get together; in the second, there's a handsome American hero who saves the heroine, in more ways than one; the last story has a very whimsical beginning.

Highly recommend!

I received an ebook copy,
Nashellej
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I want to remind you that I don't review a book if I didn't genuinely enjoy it. Here's why - I don't want to spend more time thinking about a book if I didn't like it and so I won't review it. I mean, I read a lot of books and if a book is just ok or if I liked it but didn't finish it wanting to share it, then I usually don't.

That said, I review a lot of books. I may be easy to please, but I also really enjoy reading and want others to be able to enjoy reading - and reading a good book!
Amy Koster
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I have not met a book in the Timeless Regency Collection that I hated. This collection of Regency novellas was no different. Each one was fun and added to the theme of the book. Plus, I love each of the authors in this set.

I thoroughly enjoyed A Match for Princess Pompous. Everyone loves a good match maker story. Adelaide cracked me up! I love she did not put up with Odette’s bad attitude and always kept an eye out for the not-so-obvious feelings. I would love for the author to write more about
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been looking forward to this book for quite a while! These Timeless Collections are some of my favorites and I always know when a new one comes out I am in for a treat.

The different writing styles of these three different authors really shine in this collection. Even though all three stories are regencies, I loved the slightly different variations that made them feel unique.

In the first book, Adelaide the matchmaker had a slightly magical quality about her. I loved the way she could "see"
Annette
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, clean-hr
A Match for Princess Pompous by Sarah M. Eden - 2.5 ⭐ I didn’t feel any chemistry between the h and H. This is the first book by Sarah M. Eden that I didn’t like.

Confections and Pretense by Annette Lyon - 2.5 ⭐ I really enjoyed the romance but I just can’t suspend my disbelief at some parts.

Little London by Heather B. Moore - 3.5 ⭐ Pure fluff. I don’t usually like a story with love at first sight but the characters are thankfully sensible about it.
Amanda
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to the Timeless Regency Collections and this one did not disappoint. It is one of my favorites. I loved all the stories and appreciated how different each one was from the other.

A Match For Princess Pompous
I loved, loved, loved this short story. I didn't want to put it down. It held my full attention from start to finish which is saying a lot with the reading mood I am in. I loved the characters and the matchmaking storyline.

Confections And Pretense
This was an enjoyable nov
Nicole
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Night in Grosvenor Square (2018) is an EXCELLENT collection of novellas by Sarah M. Eden, Annette Lyon, and Heather B. Moore. This anthology is part of the Timeless Regency Collection published by Mirror Press, and was just released on January 23, 2018. This book is available in all forms including eBook, and is 320 pages in length. This collection reads as a stand-alone; it is not necessary to read any of the other books in the Timeless Regency Collection series to understand the stories in t ...more
 Mummy Cat Claire

There are three regency style novellas in this book. I enjoyed them all but like Eden's story the best.

A Match for Princess Pompous by Sarah M. Eden:

1810, Adelaide Northrop is a match maker for the ton. She is quite busy during the Season and is just finishing up a case in Bath when she is whisked away to London to save Lord Barrington's daughter's season. She has been labeled Princess Pompous and the ton can't stand her.

Odette Armistead, is rude, assuming and naughty towards those she should
Alisa
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection of short stories!

A Match for Princess Pompous - by Sarah Eden
Adelaide Northrop is a matchmaker who helps family of the ton find matches for their daughters. Everyone thinks she has her work cut out for her when she is asked to help find a match for Odette Armistead, but it doesn't take Adelaide long to figure out why Odette (also known as "Princess Pompous") is acting the way she is. I would love for there to be more books about Adelaide and the matrimonial magic she work
Camille
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Night in Grosvenor Square was a enjoyable read. Although it is not my favourite of the collection, the stories were sweet and agreeable to read.
Usually, I find that the anthologies of Timeless Collections order the stories in each book from good to best - I am usually always happy with that as my favourite story is always the one I end with.
However, this time, my opinion was more balanced as I did not have a real favourite.

All three novellas were good, but perhaps a little precipitated - I don
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
A Night in Grosvenor Square (Timeless Regency Collection, Book 9)

Three love stories (1) A Match gorgEousness Pompous: The love story of Jack and Odette. Jack and Odette come up with a plan to stop her from finding a husband, she is to be very unfriendly to all. Odette's parents hired a matchmaker to find a husband for her. And the fun begins.
2. Confections and Pretense : The love story of Ann and Davis. Ann is a ice cream maker at Gunthers ' I've when she meet David , an wealthy American. He res
Amy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Night in Grosvenor Square is a collection of three stories. These stories include:
A Match for Princess Pompous by Sarah M. Eden
Confections and Pretense by Annette Lyon
Little London by Heather B. Moore
I enjoyed every one of these stories. The three authors are among my list of go to authors and it would be hard to pick a favorite of the three. I believe this book is a perfect addition to the wonderful series, Timeless Regency Collection. I highly recommend it and give it 5 stars.
I received thi
Nari
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite collection from the timeless romance anthology books. I loved each of the novellas and when I finished the book I was no where near ready to be done. The stories were each well developed and I didn't feel like they were missing anything. I just kept wanting to read more about these characters. I usually have a favorite story in these collections but not this time I absolutely loved all three! I highly recommend this collection of 3 novellas from some of my favorite au ...more
Lisa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful collection! I love these authors! Sarah is always fun and makes me giggle! I loved the match-maker!!!Annette is always poignant and worthy of reflection and i want to see the cake!! And Heather’s work was outstanding! I fell in love with Quinn! Probably one of my favorites of hers! All three were swoon-worthy and happy! What a delightful read! Enjoy!
Mindy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stories are well written and enjoyable. I loved the theme of Grosvenor Square.
kate
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Three ho hum stories. Time fillers if your stuck in the doctors office or motor vehicles. Cute but nothing you hate to put down when they finally call your name.
Becky Jensen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed all three of these stories. They're clean, well-written, filled with romance, and during the Regency period of England which is my favorite. And they're all very different from each other so it's not like you're reading the same story again and again. All three authors do an excellent job of weaving historical facts into their stories about girls who are navigating the ton and the meat market that is a Season in Regency England. Thanks for writing good, clean romance for those o ...more
Jenny
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m giving this a 3.5 star rating. I really liked the first and the third stories. They were great. I didn’t really like the second story. That’s why I gave the lower rating.
Christi
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, reviewed
With a lot of sadness and illness in my life lately I needed a quick read that would pep me up. I needed a story that I could finish with a smile on my face instead of tears in my eyes. I enjoyed reading Falling for a Duke so much that I decided to pick up another volume in the Timeless Regency Collection, A Night in Grosvenor Square.

Like all of the books in the series, A Night in Grosvenor Square includes three short stories by three different authors. I was especially excited to pick up this
Yana
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ebook review copy of this book but was under no obligation to post a positive review

How much I love reading these fun and endearing collections! This one marks another great one with wonderful and diverse stories.
This time the common denominator of the three is the famous Grosvenor Square. Even though this location was known to be the stomping ground of the elite of the time, we still get to meet all the classes of society of London in the 1800s.
I think that my overall rating
  • Summer House Party
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • A Country Christmas
  • A Season in London
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
  • Summer Holiday
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • Martha's Patience (Branches of Love, #0.5)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection

Timeless Regency Collection (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • Summer House Party
  • A Country Christmas
  • A Season in London
  • A Holiday in Bath
  • Falling for a Duke (Timeless Regency Collection)
  • Road to Gretna Green