Start by marking “Dangerous Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #2)

Dangerous Mate

(Shifters of Bear's Den #2)

A Bear spoiling for a brawl.
Cole Strathorn fights fires. That’s all he’s ever wanted to do. He thrives on danger and protecting his clan. No one would mistake the six-foot-four, gruff bear shifter for a freaking baby sitter. But that’s exactly what he’s become thanks to an assignment from the town’s mayor. Cole’s new job requires him to keep an eye on the government scien
Published January 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published January 9th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Mate

Mary Clark
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent and intriguing story; it has so much to offer and was a pure pleasure to read. Apart from Rylee and Cole’s story, which is captivating in itself, there are additional interesting sideline tales that bring the book to life. I always enjoy reading this author’s books and this particular one is no exception. I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this book.

Running the research laboratory at Bearden and reporting on the supernatural forces at work is a great honor
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

“Dangerous Mate” is the second story in Cecilia Lane’s series Shifters of Bear’s Den, and it brings us further into the initial reactions of the world when shifters, fae, vampires and more are revealed to an unsuspecting world at large. One of the things that have always drawn me to Science Fiction or Paranormal stories are the possibilities, the “what ifs”. And I firmly believe that should there actually be other intelligent beings in the universe who would be foolish e
Catherine
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book about the shifters who live and find love in Bearsden. The story focuses on Cole, brother to Alpha Callum, who has a hot temper with the military on the boarders of their town as well as a belief he will never find his true mate, nor is he interested in looking. Or so he tells his human self, but his bear half has other ideas. Due to an angry outburst he has been tasked with babysitting a human scientist while she is within the enclave. Rylee enters the enclave with pure intentio ...more
Pam Louis
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole is a bear shifter and a fire fighter who thrives on danger and protecting his clan. He is so not a babysitter but that is what he has become. His new job is to keep an eye on a government scientist who has come to his town of Bearden.
The scientist is a lovely, curvy and shy women. Her name is Rylee. She has come to work and has no time for the distraction of her hot bodyguard. Or does she?
Whole all this is going on Bearden is in danger. The whole town will have to pull together if they ar
Patricia H. Phelps
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The bear shifter and the human geneticist

Magic has always kept Bearden hidden from the world. A vengeful face revealed its existence. A female scientist is sent to learn about the residents. Unbeknownst to her, a male scientist is working with a soldier of rank with the objective of killing. All the shifters. She has become involved with the bear shifter who the town mayor has assigned to watch her and keep her safe. It is a romance, of course, but also a story of bigotry and how humanity fears
Charmaine Walker
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Fighting fires, danger, saving people. That’s what Cole Strathorn does, he loves it but he is restless. He needs to calm his bear but not by “babysitting” a nerdy scientist who is going to study the shifters. Oh boy, is he is for one heck of a shock. Rylee Garland admits she is a geek, a nerd but it’s all she has ever known but now, coming face to face with her minder/bodyguard Cole is a whole new experience.
Two people who don’t realise
Sharon Richmond
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nook books and More Blog
Recommended to Sharon by: Advanced Reader copy
Dangerous Mate by Cecilia Lane 5 Stars

A fun and good feeling type of book with that touch of danger that keeps you on edge.

Ya gotta Love the big burly sexy men who turn into bears. They are so protective and loving. Ooh and their deep grow when aroused ..Priceless!!!

You'll laugh and get nervous, who wouldnt when a shifter town is on edge because of a military presence that may want to do them harm. Or the woman scientist who finds out that the town Bearden just may hold they key to her happiness
Jan Janus
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily received an ARC Copy of this book for review and here it is. I think this one is the best of the series so far. Such a great setting and it followed up from the first book. With Rylee now working on the inside with the enclave and Cole having to be her babysitter, will cole's bear finally come to some sort of rest now that he has something else to do? Rylee is working for the government to see how the shifters live in civilization but how far will she go to uncover all of beardens ...more
Linda Lagrue
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Dangerous Mate” captivated me from the beginning. This book is very well written with interesting characters. Cole a handsome, bear shifter, firefighter has been assigned to guard a government scientist who is studying shifters. Surprisingly, the scientist turns out to be a beautiful shy woman, Rylee. Cole and Rylee are instantly attracted to each other and Rylee may be Cole's mate. Meanwhile, unknown to Bearden is an evil faction of the government who is planning to eradicate all shifters. “Da ...more
Karen Shortridge
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rylee gets a once in a lifetime opportunity to research a newly discovered shifter enclave and she knows there is only one shot at this for her career. When she gets there she immediately picks up on soldiers with some negative attitudes and she has to have a guard with her. Cole really doesn’t want to be a babysitter but it's his punishment for losing his temper with soldier and lashing out at him. He soon realizes that the human doctor is more to him than just a charge to look after...….... Hi ...more
Michele Henderson
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance,shifters evil military presence.

What a great story. Shifters have just been revealed and drama surrounds the enclave. A researcher named Rylee comes to Bearsden to study the shifter enclave. Cole is her gurad/escort while she's in Bearsden. Cole doesn't trust humans after his human mother ran away from Bearsden when he and his siblings were little. Cole's bear is convinced that Rylee is his mate. Can Rylee who has her own past haunting her and Cole come together to trust each other. I hi
Hsu Lee
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
Rylee was assigned by the government to study the shifters in Bearden.
She is really serious about her work.
She has no time for a sexy alpha bodyguard
Cole was not looking for a mate.
He just wanted to be able to go back on being a firefighter.
However, he has been loosing his temper a lot lately.
His temper lead him to being suspended.
Maybe, it is time to find his mate.
Danger, drama, romance, and a lot of
Judi
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Mate takes us back to Bear's Den and into the middle of humans discovering shifters exist. This book reads like a true story. The characters feel real and you root for them in the controlled chaos that is their life now. Of course Cole has baggage against the humans and Rylee is somewhat damaged but they find themselves being comforted by each other. Big baddies bring action to the story that is not just a romance but a journey of renewal and acceptance.
Rebecca Stigers
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and great characters...Cole thought he was tough ( he was). Rylee came to the town to do research on the shifters in the town..trouble followed with a nasty, vile military person who hated shifters. He wanted to get rid of all of them..he hated them because truthfully in my opinion he was scared! What trouble he brought and they had to stop him. The bear's trusted Rylee and Cole felt a lot more that's for sure! Definitely a good read.
Tara Dorough
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Storyline

Dangerous Mate is a perfect addition to Cecilia Lane's Shifters of Bearden. Rylee and Cole's story is absolutely fascistic. It couldn't have been any better. I'm sure the rest of the series will be great but Cecilia has her work cut out to top this book. I'm so excited to see what's next.
CoensK  Reviews
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Dangerous and Delicious read!

Cole and Rylee were amazing! I absolutely loved how Cole was with Rylee, caring, patient and not giving up. Watching Rylee grow and become stronger with Cole to help was amazing! The perfect amount of passion and heat to go with the danger and destruction! Loved this book!!!
Melinda Kaye
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book. I’m really enjoying the story of the shifter town that is exposed to the world, and how the world reacts. The romance is great, and I really enjoyed the H&h. There is also a lot of action and danger, some interactions among the townspeople from the previous book. I’m looking forward to more of Bearden!
S. Moore
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I started the series by accident.. picked up the first book thinking it was about something else. Got so wrapped up in the series got the 2nd book. Love Rylee and Cole’s story. It had a couple of turns. Looking forward to book 3! It’s a must read...
Sue MacKenzie
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreakingly beautiful

I loved this just as much as the first one and can hardly wait for the third one. The way the town always pulls together but still welcomes outsiders is awesome.
Janet Migliaccio
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

I enjoyed the 2nd story more than the first. I could root for Tyler and Coke to get their hea. There was a battle and extra excitement as well. I will read Becca's story when it comes out as well!
Diane Werning
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Mate

What a great story,you have everything all in one story.Love,fighting,shifters being rounded up for who knows what.I didn't read the first book but it wasn't hard to follow the story.If you want a new series to start reading,read this one.
Christine
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arc review For honest review. Cole fights fires and rylee is a government scientist arriving in Bearden to study bear shifters. When the town is under attack these two do all they can to save it . 10 stars.
Vanessa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great series.

Cole and rylee story is my favorite book in the series so far. I am so happy that they got to have their happily ever after.
Jennifer Goodall
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read. A wonderful read full of adventure and love.
Natalie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Mate

I'm glad they killed Peter and the evil army man didn't get the chance to kill any of them. I love that she let her mate heal her mind and spirit.
Pat
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspiration

Oh, so good. Loved every word. Made me cry and laugh. Characters were believable and real. I fell in love.
dbbooknerd
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

Lots of suspense and danger in this one. I’m definitely intrigued by this storyline and the characters of this paranormal world.
Jane Elizabeth
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trouble just keeps finding it's way into Bearden. Evil plans are being made, and the shifters are all at risk. The excitement and suspense escalates. This series has me hooked!
Raina Collins
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new addition to a great shifter romance. With each book you don’t know what paranormal you will meet or who the bad guys will be. Sometimes it is paranormal against paranormal. This time it is one human research doctor against a human major who wants nothing more than to destroy the shifters. But with Cole, a bear shifter, watching her every step anything could happen. She may slap him or kiss him. There is some action and a few hot scenes. The story pulls out some interesting twists to how th ...more
Angie7
Jan 11, 2018 added it
Firefighting bear and a Geek

Love this series! Always an adventure filled with drama,action, bbw heroines and hot sexy beats. The town of bearden is out and someone wants to destroy it...or just use shifters for sport. Cecilia Rocks with her creative genius.

• The Blackstone She-Bear (Blackstone Mountain #7)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Consumed (Vampire Awakenings, Book 8)
  • Werebear’s Baby Girl (Bear Island, #3)
  • Defying the Darkness (Cowboys and Angels, #24)
  • Wanted: Lawyer (Silverpines, #8)
  • Ireland (Around the World in 80 Men #5)
  • Beasts & Bourbon
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend, #5)
  • Duck (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #8)
  • Alice (Orlan Orphans, #12)
  • Mack's Care (Grooms with Honor Book 4)
  • RNWMP: Bride for Malcolm (Mail Order Mounties #14)
  • Texas Splendor: His Savage Embrace
  • Frank and the Princess: A Frank Brannon Adventure From The Author of "Frank Brannon - Reluctant Marshal" (A Frank Brannon Western Adventure Book 3)
  • Destined (Winter Valley Wolves, #9)
  • Lonewolf's Woman (Wild Hearts, #3)
  • Hawk's Pursuit (Hawk Crest, #3)
If you'd like to be notified of new releases and special sales, subscribe here: http://cecilialane.com/CLML

Cecilia grew up in a what most call paradise, but she insists is humid hell. She escaped the heat with weekly journeys to the library, where she learned the basics of slaying dragons, magical abilities, and grand adventures.

When it became apparent she wouldn’t be able to travel the high seas

Shifters of Bear's Den (5 books)
  • Forbidden Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #1)
  • Hunted Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #3)
  • Runaway Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #4)
  • Stolen Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #5)