Start by marking “The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #4)

The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride

(The Dead Lands #1)

Some might call Princess Anja of Ivermere brave for offering herself up as a bride to Kael the Conqueror, a barbarian warlord who’d won his crown by the bloodied edge of his sword. It was not courage that drove Anja from her magic-wielding family’s enchanted palace, however, but a desperate attempt to secure a kingdom of her own—even if she has to kill the Conqueror to do ...more
Published November 12th 2017 (first published November 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride

Ivy Deluca

description

Well, damn. I was not expecting this. I’ve read all the other books in this collection of “Bride”books by different authors (they’re all on KU), and I was expecting something in the same vein as those - short, smutty, light on plot. You know, a bit of fluff.

description

This book right here? is waaaayyyyy more than I bargained for, in the best way possible.

I loved Anja and Kael. It has all the best elements of a modern erotic fantasy fairytale, with a good mix of action and emotional scenes and seriously goo
 B.E.Love
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When this group of authors wrote their other multi author series I really enjoyed it so I knew I wanted to try this one as well. Reading Kati Wilde's book in this series was a no brainer for me and I am so glad I did. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. From beginning to end I was just in the zone and loving it all. I kept thinking man I wish this was a full length book because the world she created was so fascinating and I wanted more. More information about the world, more books, mo ...more
AvidReader
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars 🌟
The magical- fairytale quality was one of the highlights of this book. I loved hero and heroine they had depth and was made for each other. The action was good. Some of the dialogues were so deep that they just went over my head. Still I loved it. Especially the way main characters complimented each other. And their funny dialogues was another thing I enjoyed. This was quite steamy too.
Recommended.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Talk about swoony, angsty, atmospheric wintry lovin'. ♥ Seriously though, this was sweet as hell and I loved it a lot. Full review coming soon!
Maria Dimitrova
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romantasy
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. My expectations, based on the blurb weren't high but it was on sale so I told myself "Why not?". And then I proceeded to ignoring its existence for months until I reached a particularly bad (bad as in I'm-not-sure-I-can-survive-this-if-everyone-I-care-about-dies) part of another book. So I reached for this in an attempt to get the anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach under some sort of control.

What I expected was a smut fest and an asshole male lead.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

So this was my first Kati Wilde and boy can she write!

Damn I've already picked out what to read next by her.

This was pretty surprising a read since as has been my experience with novellas, they just don't hit the spot and I get that because there's only so much you can explore and still keep it short but understanding and liking it are two very different things as we all well know.

Right so the surprise. There was so much depth here! I mean there are authors who can't even manage that in a full
Laura Elizabeth
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tale-love
The final book in this series was a great fantasy story. I loved this one. It's a little longer than the other short stories in this series. You had to deal with some world building so it took longer. It was worth it. This couple is great.
Carol
5 stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I am so glad that I came back for this one. I had previously read all the other novellas in this "Mail-Order Bride" series but somehow I missed this book. They were all really good but this one had everything.
I loved the strange and enchanting world this was set in, part fantasy and part supernatural .
The language was intoxicating and the conversations between Anja and Kael on their journey to Ivermere as they got to know each other made for wonderful reading.
This was a pretty dec
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Is barbarian fantasy romance a thing? Well anyway, this book was amazing! This is the second book by Kati Wilde I have read and I loved it just as much as the first. Kael the Conqueror won his kingdom the hard way, by killing those who enslaved him. Now, his people want him to be married. They've searched far and wide for a bride, but many woman fear him. Princess Anja of Ivermere offers to be his bride (with some ulterior motives), and she's turned down because Kael believes she can't really wa ...more
Stacie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4 1/2 "The purest magic"Stars!

Loved it!! Maybe even enough for 5 novella stars, but IDK.

I was expecting a, 'bow chicka wow wow' kind of story. But what I got was so much more. Very nice world building, very likable main characters that actually experienced some growth. There was a bit of, 'moral to the story', and a sweet slow burn kind of romance. Yep! I said slow burn in a fairly short story. But when that burn ignited, it was blazing hot! I think this was my first book by this author. I'll t
Jessica Gadziala
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was really cute! Historical, but with a mix of PNR? Yes, please.
Gi's Spot Reviews
This was so, so incredibly GOOD! Kati Wilder gave us a EVERYTHING in this book and made it the BEST of this was already fantastic series! It’s whole universe was built to perfection, but Kael... Wow... Just, WOW! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Raine
OMG!!! LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!

I thought this was going to be another quick mail-order bride read, but it was so much more than that! It was like a whole fantasy novel somewhat similar to that of KA's Fantasyland series, but a more condensed version. I do have to say I was a bit disappointed that I was probably not going be reading anything else from this world that Kati Wilde has created because I seems that all the stories in this series are standalones and not related to each other except they eac
Marta Cox
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This was so much fun it actually deserved a five from me which was a huge surprise. I honestly didn't expect to be quite as entertained as I was by the brutish, barbaric Kael but he definitely won me over. Yes he is a character without finesse but there's so much goodness in his heart. Pairing him with Anja, who turns out to be his perfect mail order bride was truly magical. This slow burn romance felt a lot like a fairy tale at times but the dirty talk definitely caught my attention and made th ...more
Chitra *CJ*
"The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride" is the story of Princess Anja of Ivermere and Kael the Conqueror.
A sorceress accepts to be the mail order bride of a ruthless conquerer, and they embark on a journey of discovery. But soon sparks fly between our fire princess and ice king, and it turns into a sweet and sassy love story.
I really liked the hero and heroine, their chemistry and dirty talk was off the charts and I even adored the epilogue. I haven't read a lot of Kati Wilde before, but I surely will
Vee Paige
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had substance and wasn't simply a guilty pleasure read. I enjoyed it. :) There's some world-building but just enough to give enough background to the story.
Mara
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uh... I'm obsessed with this. I need more barbarian fantasy romance smut with this crazy blend of lovely prose & campy, winky humor. I am now going to read all the books in this series because I, like Anja, am a "dong-addled maiden."
Victoria
4.25+RATING- Just finished this one, it was really good! I was expecting it to be a quick guilty pleasure read like the other three books in the series but it was actually a quality story. I don't read a lot of fantasy so I wasn't quite sure I was going to like it in the beginning but got sucked in quickly. I'm guessing the author may write more stories set in this world and if she does I'd definitely be interested in reading another book.

This is book four in the series but each book is a stand
Rhea_Sways
I had honestly forgotten what this book was even about. I had to open it and reread a few pages again to refresh myself on it. Suffice to say I do not believe it was worth my time. Honestly I quite hated the lack of development in characters and the high handedness of the H. Oh well, lately I find lack of appeal in the main characters and the story itself. Nothing special really, some sort of supernatural aspect added to a basic historic romance to doll it up to be more than it truly is. Meh..

Gio Listmaker
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Erotic Adventure
Recommended to Gio by: Renégade ♥
This 185 Page Novella Packs Quite A Punch

Image result for shocked smack gif

You Get A Reluctant King Barbarian The Conqueror Hero

I Will Definitely Read More Of Kati Wilde

m • professional fangirl
4.5 STARS

Really enjoyed this one!
Took me completely by surprise.

Kael was SO HOT. 🤤🔥💦🤤🔥💦

If you like Fantasy Romance but without too much of the fantasy flafla and a little bit more sexiness, this is the book for you. Plus, it's pretty short, so that's always a bonus!
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
This book is hi-lar-i-ous! It pulled off parody humor, something that frequently fails for me in books and movies, VERY WELL, and I think it's all because of the writing style. It was beautifully written all while it seemed to poke a bit of fun at a few romance tropes and the heavy handed way lessons about kindness, courage, goodness and consequences are sometimes in fairy-tale type stories. All with a little smut thrown in.

It was just fun!

Now I'm obsessed with this author's writing. Say goodby
Ermani
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea why this ridiculous title is representing this fabulous little gem of a story. I guess because maybe it’s part of a series and missives were sent? I’m so glad my friend read it and her discussion on it spurred me to read it. I loved this story and these characters. It put a smile on my face today.

4.5 Great Novella Stars!
Jewlsbookblog
I was surprised how much was going on in this book! There’s the great debate of using magic or no, the power of kindness, a bit of gore, an intelligent yet grumpy King, a thoughtful princess, and a very engaging road to what began as an unlikely romance. I thought this was a delightfully quick, sensual read and loved every minute!
Heather Blair
Was this really only a novella? How is that possible?

I don't have words to coherently explain how fantastic this was, but it you love a little high fantasy with your PNR, along with a delectably savage H with a heart, a brave, smart h who speaks her mind and scorching hot tension between the two, this one is DEFINITELY for you. <3
Fatimama
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was boring. It took too long for them to get together. Also, some passages were too flowery.
Romance_reader
this was surprisingly decent. I was expecting a smut fest, but it turned out to be a fantasy romance novel with substance. The plot itself though seemed heavily influenced by all the barbarian movies - Kull the conqueror/Conan the barbarian and even the story of Khal Drogo and Danaerys from GOT. Nonetheless, this author gets points for her effort and coming up with a story that wasn't terrible. At all. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Lynsey A
Oh, I really enjoyed this book. It was a sweet love story that did a great job of telling how the love grew between the hero and heroine as they traveled back to her homeland. He was super protective of her but she was able to hold her own as well.

I like the author and am intrigued enough to read the next in this series.

I will say, though I did have some issues when reading about parts of the book. It's hard to explain but there was at times so much information that it got confusing. However, I
Kelly
Holy wow, I loved this book. SERIOUSLY. Anja and Kael's slow burn romance was EVERYTHING. Throwing in the tangled politics of the various kingdoms and it took EVERYTHING and made it even better. Because Kael really is a barbarian warlord trying to do what's best for the people he's liberated. And Anja...well, Anja has her own issues to deal with and they're just as complicated as Kael's.

SLOW BURN ROMANCE, MAN. I'm becoming a fan of it. Watching two people grow to admire one another makes me gidd
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Wolf's Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides #2)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Mercy Bound
  • Laura's Wolf (Werewolf Marines, # 1)
  • Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2)
  • Fire in His Embrace (Fireblood Dragon, #3)
  • Highland Deliverance (Blades of Honor #3)
  • Defending Kyra (Guardians, #1)
  • The Kingpin of Camelot (A Kinda Fairytale, #3)
  • The Many Lives Of Hadley Monroe
  • Scar
  • The King's Mistress
  • Banged (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #9)
  • Rebel (Comet Coalition, #1)
  • Bakra Bride (Tapestries, #2)
  • The Omega's Forbidden Child
  • Given To The Berserkers (Berserker Saga, #4)
  • Black Dog and Rebel Rose
Kati Wilde is a tight-lipped, loose-hipped woman of indeterminate age and low breeding. Born into a very large family, she now has a very small family (no laws were broken in this transition), and she writes romantic fiction to assuage her darker urge to write Transformers erotica. She lives in Oregon, so most of you are safely far enough away, and has two old cats.

Kati writes the Hellfire Riders

The Dead Lands (3 books)
  • The Midsummer Bride (The Dead Lands, #2)
  • The Midnight Bride
  • Pretty Bride (Rags to Riches, #3)
“Pure magics don’t steal. They create, and add into the world something that wasn’t there before—and the result is not the opposite. Kindness does not beget cruelty. Instead it begets hope and comfort.” 3 likes
“Love and kindness are the most powerful of all magics—and not only for the one who gives, but also for whom the magic is bestowed upon. So love is nothing to dread or fear.” 2 likes