Start by marking “Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)” as Want to Read:
Vampires Like It Hot (Argeneau, #28)

Vampires Like It Hot

(Argeneau #28)

11 Hours and 4 Minutes

New York Times bestselling author Lynsay Sands brings the heat in this new Argeneau novel, as one woman is rescued by an irresistible immortal …

“Vampires...”

When Raffaele Notte pulls a barely dressed, disoriented woman from the ocean, the last thing he expects is for her to utter that word. The immortal has come to the island resort to help his cous
Audiobook
Published September 18th 2018 by HarperAudio

Beth
This is the 28th book in the Argeneau series and Sands is still writing strong original plots that keeps the reader captivated by her storytelling.

Jess is trapped into attending a family destination wedding, only to find that she and her (not favorite) cousin have somehow been convinced to take a tourist trap of a pirate ship filled with blood sucking vampires. Jumping overboard, Jess decides to swim for it only to be rescued by an amazingly sexy man Raffaele.

Raffaele never thought he’d fine his
Heather
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate to say it, but this is probably my second LEAST favorite in the series. (Considering that there are 28 books, not liking two isn't to shabby a ratio.) I love the Argeneau family (and all their relatives), but this one was just too... meh for me. The main non-Notte/Argeneau character wasn't particularly likable (in my opinion). And I get why Vasco was so annoying, but ugh.

Still, despite how I feel about this one, I know I'll get the next book in the series when it comes out. They're still
Lover of Romance
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

Vampires Like It Hot is book number twenty eight!! I still can’t believe how large this series has become and man this book is one of the best of the SERIES. I was really impressed with how well this book was written here. I don’t know exactly what it was that really made such a big impression on me, if it was listening to this book or if this book was a bit different from anything this author has done in this series previously.

This story s
Jacqueline J
It's pretty rare that I stick with a series for 28 books but I continue to love this one. This book has some pluses and minuses. The heroine was pretty plucky and was interested in saving herself and not in being saved. I was happy that Margaret was not a match maker. I like these stories better when the H/h meet on their own. I wasn't so happy with the bit of love triangle that was going on here. But maybe the second guy will get his own book. It wasn't a true love triangle because really the l ...more
Douglas Meeks
The Argeneau series was one of the first series that introduced me to urban fantasy/vampire romance and on top of everything it was hilarious in places, sadly the series has never returned to that level of entertainment but it is still entertaining since I hardly sat the book down in spite of the weakness of the heroine and the eye rolling Captain.

This whole seems to revolve around a plot for vampires to feed off of humans, there is a reason for this and sadly it seems unless I missed it this pa
Deborah
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I normally do not grab vampire books and I definitely would not step into a book series at number twenty-eight.... But the blurb grabbed me and I clicked to get it. I was very happy and surprised by how much I enjoyed this book!

Jess is trapped in a family destination wedding with her dreaded cousin. After taking a seaquarium trip, her cousin was talked into taking an additional trip to witness shark feeding. The captain has a certain swagger Jess is attracted to, so she agrees to go.

Quickly
Ivy Deluca
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, vampires, triangles
description
This was fine. I'd read the very first Argeneau books by Ms. Sands when they came out eons ago, and now we're up to #28 in the series. So let's face it when I picked this up at the library, it was with the understanding that I knew what I was going to get. It's a longstanding low-angsty vampire soap opera, with all the books interconnected but not completely dependent on the reader to have kept up with the series. If you know the basic construct for this vampire mythology, you're all good to go.
Annika
Reading any book in Argeneau series is like dining at a chain restaurant. It is not going to be a gourmet meal but you did not go in looking for one. If you did, that is strictly your problem and you should seriously work on your education/perception of the world.
There is comfort and ease to the favorite fast food meal. Most likely it's not particularly nutritious but it's what you needed that moment and it fills your belly for time being and you and your rapidly clogging arteries can cheerfully
Thomas
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before I talk about the book, I just want to say that I love this series. I can't say objectively that these are literary classics in the academic sense, but I will say that it is one of the top series I read just because I've grown so attached to this world and the characters who inhabit it, and this despite the fact that I'm not primarily a romance fan. I used a post my reviews of every Argeneau book on Lynsay Sands website before that forum exploded into a smoking digital crater (technology c ...more
Nelle @ Nelle's Nightstand Blog
#28 and I'm still reading this series! Formularic they may be but, damn they are almost always so good!! Interesting characters, funny plots and cool hijink abound.

This one has a twist I didn't care to see at first, but Sands opened it up to even more Immortals I'd love to have find their true lifemates.

We are headed to the South American region soon and I cant wait to see who kicks butt and takes names there.
Jenn
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, arc
I received an ARC of this title from Edelweiss for an honest review.

I'm not sure why I keep reading this series. I've found the past..probably 5 to be ridiculous beyond belief. But still I read. This one is better. It wasn't quite as ridiculous, though I did question the female MC's decisions quite a few times.
Annie ⚜️
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Ohmygosh. These "sexy vampire" books are SO cheesy. 😂 At least, they're funny and easy to read.
Elley Murray
I spent the first 3/4s of this book repeatedly checking if I'd somehow mistakenly picked up a previous book in the series that I'd already read, because everything felt so familiar to me. I kept going "I KNOW I've read this before!" However, I've only read one other book in the Argeneau series, and as this book only released about a month before I read it I'm positive I hadn't actually read this book before and forgotten about it in the span of a month. (Even I'm not that forgetful.)

That being s
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Vampires Like It Hot by Lynsay Sands is book 28 in the Argeneau series. This is the story of Raffaele Notte and Jessica 'Jess' Stewart. This can easily be a standalone book for sure.
Jess is on the Island for a family's designated wedding. There on the island she gets stuck with a unruly spoiled cousin who ends up getting them on a vampire pirate ship. Raffaele is helping family when they find that there are some immortals using the local humans for 'food'. They start to investigate when he happ
Katie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 1own, argeneau
I just really couldn’t take all the stupid names for body parts and sexual acts. Too much dumb.
Archer
Another great addition to the story so far. Hope Vasco find's his HEA.
Megzy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
First time someone had two possible lifemate.
Amanda
Not the best

I love this series but ... this one was meh. It was a fast read and suppose to be humorous and does introduce more characters to write about
Amyiw
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 1/2 and I cannot bump it up. I've had too many of these. The ending was good but that was about it. I said I wouldn't read another of these after the last book. The only reason I did now is because my library has it easily available. These actually make me a little frustrated. The last made me mad, actually mad. This one is just frustrating and not humorous. Read my notes from below.

13%
Wow, so I cannot believe I'm reading this and... I'm already annoyed. Do we really have the heroine physicall
Jessica
I still love this series.
But the book could have been much more.
Tracey
This is the story of Raffaele Notte, who is taking a break at an ocean resort with Santo and Zanipolo, after he had rescued them being tortured. Now they have time off to deal with the issues before returning to their jobs as Immortal Rogue Hunters.
But this resort doesn’t want them to relax, there are more vampires and they are taking bites out of the tourists. Raffaele, Santo and Zanipolo decide they are going to look into this and report it back to Lucien.
Where Rafaelle rescues Jess from the s
Sarah Shannon
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an arc and OMG i LOVED it! Even though this is book 28 it doesn't feel like torture and that the author is dragging it out just for the sake of money, this book is legit awesome like all the others. The witty one liners in this book are amazing and had me laughing the entire time I read it- especially the nickname that Jess makes up for "hot naked Raff". Raff saved Jess from Vasco and Cristo and repeatedly made sure everything was thought of and but Raff did everything to keep ...more
TheVampireBookworm
I usually grab Sands when I want to read something light and funny... it's a typical holiday read for me and now that even the settings is in a holiday resort at a beach... with all that tropical humidity and pirates, nothing could be better.
The trouble here is that our protagonist gets to know about vampires in a bad way and it doesn't shed good light on her warming to the idea of dating one. Let alone spending time with him. Add in not one but two potentional life mates and you know there will
Enzo
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always liked reading the Argeneau novels. They are fun. The Argeneau's, the Notte's are having fun finding life mates.
In a small break from Enforcer based books, we go on vacation to Punta Cana to read about Jess and Raffaele. He is an Immortal. Immortals are not Vampires. Yes, I know if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck. But this is not the case. They require blood to keep the Nanos going.

Anyway, back to Punta Cana. Jess escapes Pirates! Yes, Pirates who also happen to be Immorta
Rebecca
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what can I say another hot immortal story by the queen of hot vamp romance!

I liked this one! More I think than one of the last few. I mean I love all her books, it's the series.that got me reading vamp romance. This one seems a bit longer and more involved than some of them were and I loved the pirates! So funny! I hope we can hear more about Vasco in a future story and his corrupt father too! He needs to take him down! Anyways if you haven't read this series.yet.you have to start at the 1 st bo
Heather andrews
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raffaele is such a caring man, “ of course she’s not all right. Look at her, she’s white as a sheet,” Raffaele growled, and then offered Jess a pained smile and suggested, “Try to take slow and steady breaths, my love. Deep breaths, give your brain a chance to process.” I don't think Raffaele knows how to handle his woman's actions at times, "Raffaele opened his mouth, closed it, and then groaned and leaned his forehead on hers. “You’re going to kill me, woman.” I liked this book.
Dawn ♥ romance
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Another good book in the Argeneau series. The plot continues with the immortal theme and adds a new twist to the rogues which I particularly liked. Saying more would be a spoiler so I'll just leave it at I enjoyed this paranormal romance. Immortal Raffaele rescues Jess from the ocean when she was fleeing from vampires she saw.
fabby
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
I was getting fed up with this series but this new book made me realize that with a new refreshing story my interest has returned
June
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Argeneau fans
Rounded up because I really liked the female vampirate.

Interesting read. Jess finds herself on a boat with a bunch of vampirates. She manages to squeeze herself out a window in the Captain's cabin. Raffaele rescues her. Sands explores the 2 lifemates possibility.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
I loved it, but that is not surprising. I love all the books in this series. I honestly hope it never ends!!
This time though, there really was quite a twist to things.
Jess is a possible life mate to TWO immortals! Wow.
I have to say Jess was brave and very trusting. And her thoughts were crazy.
there is some humor.
We don't see quite as much detail on certain areas that we usually do in some of the other books, but it did not disappoint at all.

*I'm already excited for the next book
I received my co
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Then Came Wanda...With A Baby Carriage (Accidentals #15)
  • Kiss of Temptation (Deadly Angels, #3)
  • Born of Trouble (The League; Nemesis Rising #12)
  • ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2)
  • Between a Vamp and a Hard Place
  • Shadow Heart: Slayer (Shadow Vampires, #2)
  • Vampire Cursed (Vampires Destined #1)
  • Curses, Foiled Again
  • That Old Black Magic (Living In Eden, #3)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers, #15)
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Varick: The Reckoning (A Vampire Erotic Thriller)
  • Gone Hunting (Weird Girls, #0.3)
  • Crazy Cupid Love
  • Wolf Tales VII (Wolf Tales #7)
  • Kissing with Fangs (Flirting with Fangs Trilogy, #3)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • The Bride of Casa Dracula (Casa Dracula, #3)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)