Start by marking “Perfect Silence (D.I. Callanach, #4)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Silence (D.I. Callanach, #4)

Perfect Silence

(D.I. Callanach #4)

When silence falls, who will hear their screams?

Published August 23rd 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Silence

Sandy
Well, that didn’t take long. You only have to read a few pages of book #4 to get a pretty good idea of what you’re in for. And it’s kinda scary.

When DCI Ava Turner & DI Luc Callanach respond to a call, they aren’t prepared for what they find. But how could they be? A young woman’s body is found on a road but there’s nothing accidental about how she died. And she won’t be the last.

Meanwhile, someone is attacking drug addicts on Edinburgh’s streets. Lost in their own worlds, most are unable to
Matt
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Helen Sarah Fields, and Avon Books UK for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Helen Sarah Fields has been developing this strong police procedural series over the past few years, which mixes some unique characters against the backdrop of some vicious murders that will keep the reader wondering well into the story. When a young woman is discovered murdered, her body dumped like a
Gary
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in the DI Luc Callanch series by author Helen Fields. I have only previously read one other book in this series and did not feel this detracted from my enjoyment or understanding in anyway.
When the body of a young girl is found dumped on the roadside on the outskirts of Edinburgh a terrifying discovery is made by the pathologists when they examine the her remains. The outline of a doll carved into the victim’s skin.
The team of DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach struggle to
Helga
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Human beings don’t have any limits when they’re broken. It’s the damage you can’t see on the surface that’s the most dangerous.”

This series keeps getting better and better. Helen Fields is one talented, imaginative and resourceful author and she never disappoints. With well-sketched characters and clever, dark, bone-chilling and compelling story-lines, D.I. Callanach series have easily become one of my top favorites. All of her books are emotionally-charged and I feel at home with all the chara
Christine
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With Perfect Silence, Helen Fields takes us to the fourth instalment in this dark and disturbing police procedural series. This is exactly the kind of crime that I am completely in love with. Every single book has been intelligent, incredibly dark and disturbing and wonderfully written. As usual, I am in awe of Helen Fields and want to sing her praises to the world. It is quite an achievement to have created such a deliciously strong series.

Helen Fields’ imagination takes us to a very chilling p
Ann Girdharry
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the series starring DC Luc Cavanagh and DCI Ava Turner and their police colleagues.

A young woman is found dead at the roadside with a gruesome cut-out of a doll shape taken from her skin. Soon, the doll itself appears at the sight where a second victim has been taken. And so starts a chain of killings and torture. Can Luc and Ava find the perpetrator against all the odds? How many young women will be lost before they catch up with the killers?

For me, there were two pa
Skyler Autumn
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS SERIES IS AMAZING!!!

I am so bummed I have to wait till Spring for the next installment.

RTC.
Liz Barnsley
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It is dark as you like, highly compelling with truly scary mystery elements and an excellent core cast who engage you further with every new novel.

In Perfect Silence our team are once more on the hunt for a killer. What I really enjoy about these are the emotional levels that the author gets in there – you really feel for the victims you pray for a good ending for them and you are with the investigative team every step of the way.

Luc is definitely a clever and complex charact
Elaine Tomasso
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books for an advance copy of Perfect Silence the fourth novel to feature Edinburgh based DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callenach.

When Zoey's body is found on a remote country lane nothing can prepare Ava and Luc for the horror they are about to see. Zoey was left alive but the horrific excision of a doll shape from both her front and back mean that she would never survive. When a doll made of Zoey's skin is found in the pram with the baby Lorna abandoned when
Janet Newport
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and Avon Books UK for this arc.

I loved this book!. And the good news.... Helen Fields has written 3 previous books in this series! Which have been downloaded to my kindle from Amazon. The housework can wait a while longer while I enjoy some serious binge reading.

This is a fast paced story, police procedural placed in Scotland. It's nicely twisted and pretty gory, but I also adore Angela Marsons' and Stuart MacBride's stories so gory doesn't bother me a bit. I loved the charac
Kat Dietrich
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Perfect Silence by Helen Fields is the fourth in the Luc Callanach series.

Series Background: (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
DI Luc Callanach is half French and half Scottish, living most of his life in France, and working for Interpol. Due to a false rape allegation made by co-worker Astrid Borde, he leaves France, his job, his friends, his mother. Very few are sad to see him go. With some assistance from his bosses, he heads to Edinburgh to take command of a homicide team.
Siobhan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I won Perfect Remains in a Goodreads giveaway I had not expected to find myself a new addiction. Sure, I enjoyed the first book, but I wasn’t obsessed in the way I am with some series starters. Then came Perfect Prey, and I was a goner. Perfect Prey blew my mind, and I knew I would be diving into each new DI Callanach book the moment I could. Thus, I devoured Perfect Death to cement my addiction to the series before starting the wait for Perfect Silence.

Although Perfect Silence is the fourt
Janet
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I have really enjoyed the previous books in the series so was really excited to get to book four.

It starts with the body of a young girl being found on a roadside on the edges of Edinburgh. At the postmortem it is discovered that a doll like figure has been carved into the flesh. Baffled DI Callanach and DCI Ava Turner are then horrified to learn that a ragdoll made from human skin has been discovered. Connections are now being made and steps are taken to try and stop this gruesome killer from
RachelW (BamaGal)
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Another nice entry in a UK police procedural series I have really come to enjoy. If I had one complaint, it would be that the bad guys are somewhat stereotypical. But given how much I enjoy the plot lines and regular characters, it’s a small complaint.
Meggy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I would like to thank Avon Book UK and darling Sabah for inviting me to be part of this exceptional blog tour and for providing me with a copy of this book. This review is unbiased and reflects my sole opinion.

All is silence in my head. A deafening silence and a never-ending scream.

Perfect Silence was my first meeting with the DI Callanach series and my first try at Helen Fields’ work.

Oh My God, why on earth did I wait this long??!

Before starting this novel, I could feel the nasty pulse of a

Joann
This is my "go to book" series when I am striking out with others. I always know this author will deliver a book that I can get into right away. The author does a great balance between policing and a focus on the crimes at hand and also on the personal lives and back-stories of our characters. She also managed to put two different plots together in this read and neither plot was compromised because of her excellent writing. Yes, it might be a bit gory at times, but I still find myself learning l ...more
Eva
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three words : read this NOW! You can thank me later.

If you’re a crime fiction fan, then the DI Luc Callanach series is undoubtedly one you should be reading. I’ve loved and enjoyed this series from the start and anxiously await a new addition every time because I just know I’ll be in for a treat.

That said though, if you’re of the faint-hearted variety, this may not quite be for you as you’ll need a bit of a strong stomach for this one. But that shouldn’t come as a surprise if you’ve read any of
Caitlyn Lynch
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Perfect Silence is the fourth book in the DI Callanach series, and full disclaimer; I haven’t read the other three. Luc Callanach is the hero of the title, a French former Interpol officer now working as a detective inspector on the Major Incident Team (MIT) in Edinburgh, Scotland. There are quite a few references to events happening to Luc, his boss Ava and other members of the MIT, but I didn’t find it was necessary to have read previous books to understand what was going on here. This stands ...more
Marina
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading the book, my first thought was, did I stumble upon a horror movie? Because the story begins with a young woman held as a prisoner who desperately tries to escape her kidnapper. Then her body has been found dumped with the silhouette of a doll carved in the victim’s skin. Very creepy! And when another woman, former drug addict, disappears leaving her baby behind, Ava and Luc are horrified to discover a doll made of human skin in the baby’s bed. The investigations shows that ...more
Madhu N
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for providing me with an ARC.

My first book by this author. I enjoyed this book and plan to go back and read the previous ones .

The details of the harm done to women was bit gory for me and hence reduced a star. Otherwise a good plot.
Cheryl
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an instant hit with me. I felt a if I had been with Ava and DI since the beginning. Yet, this is my first introduction to them both. I enjoyed this book so much that I can't wait to pick up copies of the prior novels to read.

Ava and DI work well together. Both are strong characters and intelligent. When one would get an idea the other one would get inspired as well. Additionally, they are in relationships. I kind of got to know DI's relationship a little better. These relationship
Love
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you follow my blog you will know that Helen Fields first novel in this series Perfect Remains, ignited my new found love of crime fiction. I have followed the journey of Luc and Ave from book one onwards.

Set in Edinburgh this police procedural bring something extra to the table. The descriptions of Edinburgh and the surrounding areas are spot on. I love that I can visualise everything as it happens as I know the places. Well, not all of them, some are very dodgy areas indeed.

In book three Per
Deborah
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hadn't realised this was part of a series when I requested it and though there were things I'd obviously missed in the first three books, it didn't impact at all on my enjoyment of the fourth in the Scottish police series. In fact, it made me keen to read the previous installations... even though I guess I know some of what must eventuate; but I loved the characters and am confident enough in Fields' ability to spin a good yarn that I'm keen to spend more time with her creations.

Fields achieve
Donna Maguire

This is the fourth book in the series and I loved catching back up with Luc and Ava! The plot in this book is great, I was gripped from the beginning and it kept me fully engaged right to the books brilliant ending.

I love the writing style in this series it is addictive and I love the interaction between Luc and Ava as they try to crack the cases that they find themselves attached too.

This book has the same dark themes as previous books and some could find
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
As always this review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

On an isolated road, a body of a young woman is discovered. It is a grisly death and upon inspection of the body, it is found that the shape of a doll has been carved out of her skin on both her front and her back.

There are no breakthroughs with the killing and the MIT are struggling to uncover any firm leads to follow when another young woman is reported as missing. Whilst investig
Lainy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - 2 days (as and when able)

Pages - 432

Publisher - Avon Books

Source - Review Copy

Blurb from Goodreads

When silence falls, who will hear their screams?

The body of a young girl is found dumped on the roadside on the outskirts of Edinburgh. When pathologists examine the remains, they make a gruesome discovery: the silhouette of a doll carved in the victim’s skin. And when a macabre ragdoll is found nestled beside an abandoned baby, DI Luc Callanch learns the killer’s horrifying
Denise
"Human beings don't have any limits when they're broken. It's the damage you can't see on the surface that's the most dangerous."

DI Luc Callanach and DCI Ava Turner with MIT are busy with the Babydoll Killer. A monster who makes dolls from skin cut from the bodies of young women who are kept alive while it happens. With few clues, the investigation keeps stalling out even as the death toll mounts. The killer seems to be a religious nutcase with a peculiar mandate and each victim is selected with
KC
This continuing series featuring DI Luc Callanach and colleague DCI Ava Turner has just turned up the splatter scale full throttle. A young mother turns up dead suffering from being tortured and mutilated. The case takes a horrific turn when they discover a small doll that was made from their victim's skin. As the body count rises and with tensions mounting, can Callanach and Turner catch an extremely morbid killer before another innocent person is sacrificed? This is a heart pounding thriller a ...more
Sally Whiteside
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous turn out for author Helen Fields. This series is one of my favourites.
Clair Sharpe
A body of a young girl is found dead, dumped by a roadside a gruesome discovery is soon made: the outline of a doll is carved into the victims skin. DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach are tasked with trying to solve her murder, When another young victim is taken, leaving her baby abandoned, a doll made of skin is found tucked in the babies pram and it is soon clear the police are dealing with a serial killer.
At the same time, a string of homeless people are being attacked, having their faces c
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Shadows (Lucy Clayburn #2)
  • Taking Pity (Aector McAvoy, #4)
  • Glasgow Kiss (Lorimer #6)
  • Bloody January
  • The Dead Won't Sleep (Rosie Gilmour #1)
  • The Last Witness (DCI Daley, #2)
  • The Deaths of December
  • Mord im Zeichen des Zen (Louise Boni, #1)
  • In Place of Death (Narey & Winter, #5)
  • The Liar (Eddie Flynn #3)
  • Greyfriars House
  • Dancing with the Ferryman
  • The Quaker (Duncan McCormack #1)
  • Andköf (Siglufjörður #5)
  • Torch (Rhona MacLeod #2)
  • Turn a Blind Eye (DI Maya Rahman, #1)
  • Blood Symmetry (Alice Quentin, #5)
  • Six Degrees of Assassination

D.I. Callanach (5 books)
  • Perfect Remains (D.I. Callanach, #1)
  • Perfect Prey (D.I. Callanach, #2)
  • Perfect Death (D.I. Callanach, #3)
  • Perfect Crime (D.I. Callanach, #5)