Start by marking “Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay” as Want to Read:
Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay

Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay

Ottercombe Bay was originally published as a four-part serial. This is the complete story in one package.

‘Bella Osborne has such a nice touch with description that I was utterly charmed by Ottercombe BaySue Moorcroft

‘Absolutely brilliant. It's funny, heartwarming, entertaining and I couldn't put it down. It's exactly what you need if you want a delightful summer read’
Published June 28th 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay

Berit☀️✨
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Adorable Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

What a delightful book, filled with quirky characters in a quaint village... why is it I have not inherited A historic building filled with character... with the stipulation I must live in this charming village for a year in order to inherit? I’m up for it! I’ll even pretend I’m your long lost relative... I just want a cottage with a name in a small charming town, preferably by the beach in the UK... and while you’re at it I wouldn’t mind a best friend like Tamsen and a love
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Here was a prime example why people should leave home and explore the world, thought Daisy. Staying here had turned Tamsyn into Ottercombe Bay’s answer to Phoebe Buffay from Friends, blurring the line between adorable and certifiable.

Bloody hell, the grapevine here spreads faster than a Kim Kardashian selfie.

I have neither the patience nor the crayons to explain this to you.

‘I’ve been possessed by a demon.’ ‘Drink plenty of water, it’s just a hangover.’ ‘I suspected someone might
Finitha Jose
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The moment I saw the cover I totally fell in love with this book. Yes, yes I know. I should not be judging by appearances. But what was inside was equally heartwarming and comforting. The book traces one year in Daisy's life when she is forced to stay in Ottercombe Bay in order to get her inheritance. So keeping her wanderlust on hold, she is forced to confront the painful memories related to her mother's death.
There is a mystery, a bit of romance and a lot of funny moments all thanks to the cu
Beth
Coming Home to Ottercombe Bays is an intriguing story of coming home/second chances. Delightful characters and untypical family dynamics. Overall, nothing riveting or page turning, just one of those good, easy going reads...

I received this ARC copy of Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay from Avon Books. This is my honest and voluntary review. Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay is set for publication June 28, 2018.

My Rating: 3 stars
Written by: Bella Osborne
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Avon; edition editio
Nessa
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another delightful read from this wonderful author Bella. She is fast becoming one of my fave authors.

Thoroughly loved getting to know each of the characters esp little Bugsy the pug, he sounds adorable and a right little character.

I would love to have visited Locos for real, the hot chocolates sounded yummy. I don't even know if I like gin but even I was tempted by the rhubarb and custard one.

The whole story was well written and was a fun entertaining read.
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What on earth do you do if you discover you have inherited an old abandoned railway station that has had planning permission turned down for multiple times? What do you do if the conditions of this inheritance are that you have to stay in Ottercombe Bay for a whole year especially when you a someone with itchy feet and never stays in one place for long?

Well that is exactly what Daisy is faced with, and along with some old and new friends has to make some big decisions.

There are other questions
Donna Maguire

I loved this book - it is definitely a perfect read for the summer!!

Daisy is a really interesting character and I loved her interaction with the Ottercombe Bay residents but most of all I loved her dealings with Bugsy Malone - he is ace!! There are some very funny scenes with him and it did have me laughing.

This is a well written, fun story that is very easy to read and Ottercombe Bay is certainly a place I would have loved to visit! It didn't take me ver
♡ Booklish ⛈ ☔Feelings ♡
Review on my Blog > Booklish Feelings

Daisy wickens is a free Spirit and a traveller . She comes to Ottercombe Bay , her hometown , for her great uncle's funeral . Years ago her mother died in a supposed accident by drowning . since then she only came for couple of weeks every year . Her father lives in goa after the death of his wife . He is coping in his own way .

When Daisy arrives  in her hometown she has no plan to stay for no more than couple of days  but her great uncle Reg has left
Phillipa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Roll me in glitter and call me a unicorn...' I absolutely, totally adored this book. It had many laugh out loud moments and the writing was as exuberant as one of the stand-out characters, Tamsyn. It cheered me up and entertained me at a time when there is so much sheer doom, dour seriousness and po-faced proselytising all around. If I want to dwell on guilt and misery, I'll turn on the news or social media but if I want a light-hearted, joyous read - with an intriguing plot that kept me turnin ...more
Sharon
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story with some great characters, though I did find Tamsyn to be annoying at times - wasn’t sure if the writer was intending her to be quirky, scatty or child-like. Kind of like a cross between Phoebe in Friends and Alice in Vicar of Dibley.

Also I felt the chemistry and romance between Max and Daisy was somewhat lacking in sparks.

Would not know that this was originally published in 4 parts, it feels like 1 book with no obvious joins.

Thank you Netgalley and Avon for giving me the opportunity
Ann
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Coming home to Ottercombe Bay is actually 4 novella's combined into one book. Daisy is returning to Ottercombe Bay for her Uncle's funeral. She hasn't been back for a long time since this was where her mother died. She plans to leave as soon as the funeral is over but Uncle Reg changes her plans by requiring her to live for a year in Ottercombe Bay to inherit his properties. She falls back into a good friendship with Tamsyn the next door neighbor. Between the crazy town residents, Tamsyn, Max, h ...more
Yvonne
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daisy returns to Ottercombe Bay to attend her Great Uncle Reg’s funeral. Daisy has been working and travelling around Europe over the past few years and has kept in touch with the family but not visited for a long time. Uncle Reg has left her something in his will, and a stipulation that she remain for 1 year in Ottercombe Bay before she can officially take full possession of her inheritance.

This is a cracking read and my first experience of this author and I was definitley not disappointed. The
Carol Beasley
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet coming home story with a gorgeous cover and a well written story inside. The main character was compelling and the supporting characters were sweet and overall the whole thing was done well. I enjoyed it a lot.

I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Janette
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was originally published in four parts which I read separately. I loved this book and eagerly awaited the next segment of the story.

A surprise inheritance, lovely cast of characters, gorgeous location and a pug named Bugsy Malone make this a brilliant read. I was engrossed from part 1 and really loved the whole book.

Highly recommended - perfect holiday read or sunday afternoon on the sofa.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an
Annarella
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It's fun to read with lovely and quirky charachters.
The book hooked since the first pages and couldn't put it down.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to Avon Books UK and Netgalley for this ARC
Suze Lavender
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daisy's back in her old hometown, but desperately wants to leave. There's plenty of history she doesn't want to be reminded of. Going to a funeral saddens her and catching up with old friends is nice, but Daisy doesn't want to be there any longer than she has to. Daisy's Great Uncle Reg found a way to make Daisy reconsider her stay in Ottercombe Bay though. They used to be close and after his death he left Daisy an old railway station. She can only claim her inheritance if she doesn't leave for ...more
Kathy K.
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot moved right along with lots of twists and turns to keep you engaged from start to finish.
Sharon
Daisy has returned to the Bay for the first time since her mother died for Great Uncle Reg’s funeral.  Intending only to stay for a few days, Daisy discovers that Reg has left her an inheritance.  The only snag is that Daisy must stay in Ottercombe Bay for one whole year before she can claim it as her own.  Does Daisy manage to stay in Ottercombe Bay?  Does she ever find out what really happened to her mum?  Will she find her ‘happy-ever-after’?

I absolutely LOVED this series and I’m so excited t
Cheryl M-M
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daisy finds it difficult to stay in one place for too long, and she really doesn't like staying in her hometown Ottercombe Bay, because it brings back a lot of painful and unresolved emotions. The death of her mother follows her everywhere in the place where she grew up.

When she returns home after the death of her Uncle Reg, she is surprised to find he has left her something quite interesting in his will. Unfortunately the wily old man has included specific conditions which must be fulfilled in
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a book like Coming Home to Ottercombe Bay for quite a while. Although it has a romantic element, I think that I would be inclined to class it as 'chic lit' rather than a romance. I actually hate that phrase if I'm honest, but I think that it best sums up the style of this book. Daisy is a traveller, who has spent the last few years travelling the world and avoiding settling down. Now after the death of her Great Uncle, she finds that she has to return to her childhood home, that s ...more
Christie72
~4.5 STARS~

Great beach read full of charm, quirky characters, and a beautiful, quaint setting!!!

Daisy Wickens has returned to the picturesque town of Ottercombe Bay for her great-uncle, Reg’s, funeral. It holds some wonderful memories as well as some very sad ones. Not one to stay in one place for long, Daisy has plans to attend the funeral and leave again. However, her Uncle Reg had other ideas for her. Before she can obtain her inheritance of an old railway station, she has to stay put for an
Sandra
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
by Bella Osborne is a lovely novel about loss, love and finding your roots.

When Daisy comes back to the little childhood home town for her great uncle's funeral the last thing she expects is to stay long. So it comes as a great suprise to find out that she has inherited something but it comes with a clause that is will not under any circumstances accept. Until life happens and things begin to change her own life forever.
Deceptively llight and easy tone hides a moving story of a young woman's cl
Nikki Brown
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful book, about new beginnings and putting down roots.

Daisy has travelled extensively but the death of her Great Uncle Reg brings her back to Devon and Ottercombe Bay, where she spent so much of her formative years. The place holds many good memories but it's also the place where her Mum died when Dsisy was young, so she doesn't intend staying after the funeral.

Things don't go to plan when the will is read and Daisy has a big decision to make, run away or stay where she was happy,
Eve beinguniquebooks
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Returning to Devon years after her mum died there, Daisy inherits a house from her great uncle Reg who's just passed away.

Along with her aunt Coral, neighbour Tamsyn and Max she is set on doing it up, after getting over the shock.

After Max's dad gets out of prison, Tamsyn gets a boyfriend and Daisy discovers what happened to her mum and how she died, tensions rise at the old railway station especially her turbulent relationship with Max as her ex returns to her and causes a lot of trouble...

I to
Marianne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Humour runs through this story through the story lines, characters and even the pets. It makes for an enjoyable read which isn't overly 'hearts and flowers' but which flows along at a good pace. I didn't know when I read it that it had originally been serialized into four parts but I found it to hang together as a story well.

Daisy is a character with demons in her past which she has to come to terms with. I found her to be likeable but infuriating although as a character she did mature as the y
Jeanne Grace
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Avon Books UK for my unbiased opinion of the book. This is a four-part book series rolled into one delightful book! Daisy comes home for Uncle Reg's funeral and plans to do a roundabout as soon as possible. Surprisingly she finds herself after the will is read stuck in Ottercombe Bay for the next year! After several half-hearted attempts to leave and screw up her inheritance, Daisy resigns herself to stay for the year and possibly fall in love in the proce ...more
Julie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story as Daisy returns to Ottercombe Bay. She's not planning on hanging around but her Great Uncle Reg's will means other plans are in store for her. There are some great characters - I especially loved Daisy's friend for being slightly batty yet not over the top. The ending is the one that the reader is rooting for throughout - no spoilers but it isn't contrived and is just perfect. All in all, a lovely summer read that will have you packing your bags for Cornwall and look ...more
Linda O'Brien
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.
It's about Daisy, who has been travelling & working abroad, since her mother died.
She's returned home for her uncles' funeral, who she loves & has kept in contact with, whilst travelling around.
She's eager to leave again after the funeral, but has to wait for the will to be read, as she's told she's a beneficiary.
She's inherited property & money, but there's a catch. She has to stay in Ottercombe for one year to inherit. Will she decide to stay or go?
The characters a
Neens Bea
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
To be honest, I only picked it up because I live near the Otter Valley in Devon and was curious about the title. It was a quick and easy read about Daisy, who is a grumpy, somewhat selfish, unsettled girl - quite refreshing to come across a flawed protagonist in chick lit, really. She does get an attitude adjustment as the pages go by, though. It held my interest, and all's well that ends well.
Kelly
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daisy returns to her childhood home following the passing of her favourite Uncle. Conditions of his will mean she has to curb her wanderlust and face the demons plaguing her for years.

This is more than your normal chick lit read. There are several story lines weaving amongst each other. There’s laughs and there’s intrigue. Quirky characters and beautiful settings make this a winner.