Start by marking “Home in a Snowstorm (Snow Globes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Home in a Snowstorm (Snow Globes, #1)

Home in a Snowstorm

(Snow Globes #1)

Daniel Wu is an elementary school teacher with a big heart and a collection of snow globes to match his travels. The small town he has settled in, however, feels like it could be home. All that’s missing is someone special and a family to call his own.

Resigned to spending the holidays alone, Daniel finishes work on the last day of school, only to stumble upon one his stude
Published December 4th 2017 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Home in a Snowstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home in a Snowstorm

Start your review of Home in a Snowstorm (Snow Globes, #1)
Tessa
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tessa by: https://ninestarpress.com/product/hom...
20th of november might seem a bit early for a Christmas story, but today was cold, dreary and dark, so basically Christmas weather, right? This story is nice, feel-good fluffiness and perfect for a day like this, so I would advice anyone in need of something to make a dreary day feel warmer to buy this and read it, cause yes. Day better, Tessa warmed :P

(I'm bad at in-depth reviews, but the characters are nice, Abby is cute and now I really want some snow.)
Susan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas, mm
This was weird. Who decides to live together before their first kiss??
Minerva
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqia
"Home in a Snowstorm" is a wonderfully sweet story with all the charm that a Christmas tale needs. Ava Kelly's writing draws you in and doesn't let you go until the end, when you put the book down with a happy sigh and a smile. In a very short time they manage to make the characters feel like old friends, and little Abby is completely adorable. This is a perfect tale of finding a home and family just in time for the holidays. ...more
Tess
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-romance
Short, but super sweet and feel good.
Else
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, queer
Exactly what I needed. Comfort and hominess and christmas
Serena Yates
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2017
Snowstorms, a lonely elementary school teacher, a cute kid – what more could I ask for in a Christmas story? ‘Home in a Snowstorm’ is one of those slow, gentle, very warm tales that had me smile almost all the way. Both main characters are somewhat older, a little shy, and attracted to each other with the irresistible force of something that is clearly meant to be.

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.

Siiri Lehtinen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, stupid and so sweet

It's not a literary masterpiece, it won't shake anyone's world. There are no surprises, no twists to keep you on edge.

What it is is really sweet, comfortable little story of Yuletime love and a new family. It leaves a warm and fuzzy feelings behind and for me that's enough.

Recommended to be read wrapped inside a blanket and with a warm drink at hand.
A. Fae
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
I have to say that this has become one of my favorite little Christmas stories. I really enjoyed the dynamic between Daniel and Jeffrey. I also adore Abby. I love the idea of the snowglobes representing the idea we have of HEA. Thank you for sharing this story.
charlotte,
the pacing was definitely something but it was cute enough i didn't mind

Rep: mlm mcs, Chinese American mc
Amanda
OH! This was just too darling and I’m so sad it ended. I wish it was a full length novel so bad, I want to read moreeee!

ETA: maybe check the series page before complaining lol. Book 2 here I come!
Laure Nepenthes
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for a fair review.

This was so cute and heart-warming! This short story really left me with the lovely feeling one gets when snuggled into a blanket, drinking warm chocolate on a snowy day. I live in a place where it never snows, so I've only experienced this sort of cosiness once, yet this story gave me all the vicarious comfort :D The characters have great chemistry, and I was pleasantly surprised by the kid. I usually don't like children in
Len Evans Jr
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, owned
This novella is without a doubt the sweetest most adorable Christmas read this year. It's a story about chosen family, in this case Jeff and Abby choosing Daniel. The is no heat here just tons of emotion. Yeah, that means I bawled my eyes out and my sinuses are now clogged. It was worth it. And yes, the decision at the end is a bit unlikely, but I don't care it still deserves 5 stars! ...more
Petrina Binney
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely story. Daniel Wu is a school teacher, looking to spend another Christmas at home, with only his books for company, and his heating has gone out. As the snow starts to fall, he finds himself assigned transport detail, and has to take little Abby Weber (Wednesday Addams fan, and an excellent character) home to her father.

Jeff Weber is a very hardworking single father. Unable to work at his construction company, due to a broken leg, Jeff is a good dad with a magnetic personality.

Havi
Carrie
3/5

Just okay, moved a little too quickly for me to buy it. There was just one kiss and what felt like a lead-up to a HFN ,but Daniel was moving in with Jeff within two days.

Tags: Blue Collar: Jeff (when he's not stuck at home with a broken leg) owns his own construction company
Anita
Super cute shorty about the holidays and Jeff, Abby, Jeff's daughter and Daniel, Abby's teacher. All together for a snowy five days and what happens during the magical holiday season. Made me smile goofily all the way to work. And yippeee, there's a book 2! ...more
Sofie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a nice and heart-warming story, but just a bit too short for me to really connect with the characters.
Kathleen Luckenbill
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this. It's a sweet and lovely story. ...more
Peregrine
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so wholesome and sweet!! Perfect holiday story
Anja
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ava-kelly
Short, sweet and heart-warming.
The perfect story for those cold days were you might find yourself longing for some warmth and fluff.
Amy Aelleah
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Total fluffy fluff. The only slight complaint I've got is that the romance moves kind of fast but that is the nature of short stories. I would have loved to read another hundred or so pages of this because I liked the guys and their chemistry could have carried it without a problem. Abby was even surprisingly great and I don't like kids. And I do love the way the relationship develops: all warmth and contentment instead of sex and passion - which is my much preferred romance development.

Reread D
Elizabeth H.
Nov 13, 2018
Karola
Dec 09, 2017

• A Little Familiar (Familiar Spirits, #1)
  • Bacchanal
  • The First Boy I Ever Kissed
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • Dust It Off
  • The Text
  • Snow White and Sleeping Beauty
  • Nashville In Love (Nashville Love Book 1)
  • The Dinner Party: An Erotic Adventure (Jade's Erotic Adventures #1)
  • Through the Dark Clouds
  • The House Next Door
  • Modern Epidemics: From the Spanish Flu to Covid-19
  • Big City Massage (lesbian seduction): No. 1 in the series 'Alice's Adventures in New York'
  • Girl on a Train (No. 1 in the 'Tempted by her Student' series - lesbian erotica)
  • If you say so, professor! No. 1 in the series 'The Adventures of Dr Delphine Dupont' (lesbian seduction)
  • "tell her she's pretty!" How Tina helped Becca seduce her maid
  • Hot, Wet and Steamy 1 (Two Lesbian Bathing Stories)
  • The Ugliest Sweater (For the Love of Christmas! #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Ava Kelly is an engineer with a deep passion for stories. Whether reading, watching, or writing them, Ava has always been surrounded by tales of all genres. Their goal is to bring more stories to life, especially those of friendship and compassion, those dedicated to trope subversion, those that give the void a voice, and those that spawn worlds of their own.

Snow Globes (5 books)
  • Family in a Snowstorm (Snow Globes, #2)
  • Snowdrop in a Storm (Snow Globes #3)
  • Catch a Falling Snowflake (Snow Globes #4)
  • Snow Globes Collection