Start by marking “Anne's Numbers” as Want to Read:
Anne's Numbers

Anne's Numbers

(Anne)

A must-have board book for Anne of Green Gables fans, with charming, hand-embroidered illustrations.

Iconic moments from the beloved L.M. Montgomery classic are celebrated in this adorable concept book. Walk along with Anne as she goes on a nature walk, counting trees, flowers, clouds and friends! The path Anne takes is based on the description of Anne's walk to school in A
Board book, 22 pages
Published May 1st 2018 by Penguin Random House Canada

To ask other readers questions about Anne's Numbers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne's Numbers

Ivonne Rovira
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
Very pretty water-color illustrations of numbers 1 through 10 that are more likely to appeal to the mothers who adored Lucy Maud Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables than their tots.
Damaris Tonner
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I love the concept of this book because it is both simple yet foundational for Canadian children to be immersed in Canadian culture, even from a young age. Anne's Numbers provides Canadian children with a beautiful way to learn their numbers alongside our beloved Anne of Green Gables! The illustrations throughout Anne's Numbers are simply beautiful, providing a lush backdrop for the reader to interact with the world of Green Gables and be introduced to Anne and her friends. This book receives fi ...more
Donna Maguire
What a brilliant idea for a book this is! I have a young daughter and she was completely engrossed in the book, the pictures are nice, bright and I love the whole concept and the different way the book is presented to allow little ones to learn their numbers. 5 stars from me!
Michelle (FabBookReviews)
*Please note this review covers the four ANNE board books by Kelly Hill!*

Canadian book designer (and clearly, crafter-extraordinaire!) Kelly Hill brings the youngest of readers- and their caregivers- a marvelous treat with a series of four Anne of Green Gables-based concept board books that feature hand-embroidered illustrations. All inspired by "iconic moments from the beloved L.M. Montgomery classic", this board book series includes: Anne's Alphabet, Anne's Colors, Anne's Feelings, and Anne's
BespectacledBookGirl
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anne fans, families of infants, librarians, grandmas
Thank you to Tundra Books for a free review copy of Anne's Numbers!
Kelly Hill's board book Anne's Numbers is a precious way to introduce a wee reader to both numbers and the darling world of Anne of Green Gables. Each page is a high quality photograph of Hill's lovely original artwork - fabrics, stitches, textures and colors sure to enchant tots and moms alike. The images are so clear that for a moment I thought there was actual thread on each page and had to touch it to realize it was photograp
Becky
First sentence: 1 cherry tree

Premise/plot: This concept board book is inspired by L.M. Montgomery's Anne series. The concept being taught is counting one to ten. Anne Shirley can be found in every illustration. The scenes often celebrate nature much like the novels do.

1 cherry tree

2 butterflies

3 stepping stones

4 trees

My thoughts: I find the illustrations cute, precious, adorable, delightful, fun. The text is super-simple and not exactly spectacular. But the illustrations are appealing--at le
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I love Anne of Green Gables and I love how the author once again used the backdrop if the story to teach numbers. Each page had a number and an item from nature that would have been seen at a picnic by the lake. The book culminated in the picnic scene from the Anne of Green Gables story. The illustrations, done in thread, material and wool gave this book an added interest for young children who love anything tactile. A wonderful idea for a board book for toddlers to teach numbers as well as intr ...more
Elley Murray
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, netgalley
Really cute fabric crafted illustrations, a great first numbers book you can read with your child to learn numbers. Words are very simple “two butterflies” and “three stepping stones”, so really a book of numbers - don’t expect a story! So cute.
Olivia
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Find my full review here: http://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfic...

This board book features absolutely gorgeous designs that celebrate, primarily, the settings from the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series. Counting up to 10 with full page spreads for each number, this is loads of fun for beginning counters. Toddlers will enjoy the vivid colors and beautiful imagery as they count with Anne.

What I loved: These hand-embroidered images (photographed for the book) are simply lovely and a delight to look at. T
Lara Maynard
Anne of Green Gables (the character and the book) and creator/author Lucy Maud Montgomery seem to be everywhere lately - two recent small screen adaptations, a Heritage Minute in Canada, new biographies and scholarly books, etc.

Apart from its place in the Anne industry, "Anne's Numbers" is one example of the trend in books where writers and publishers are taking beloved classics and putting a spin on them for early readers - which is really meant to appeal to the adults who buy the books for the
Stephanie
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-board-books
Although I love the fabric illustrations in this Anne concept book, the scenes were not as relatable to the story of Anne of Green Gables as they were in “Anne’s Colors”. Woodland animals and toadstools? 5 stars for the art, but it lost a star for not quite meeting it’s purpose of introducing kids to Anne.

Note: I received a free copy of this book from Tundra Books
Dianna
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
So cute! While this book is based on Anne of Green Gables, the objects on the pages are mostly nature-based (flowers, toadstools, clouds, etc.) and not specific to Anne. However, if you're a fan, look out for the Sunday School picnic at the end!

I absolutely adore the stitched, cloth-based illustrations, and especially Anne's orange braids.
Richelle Zirkle
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book for babies and toddlers and perfect for introducing numbers. Straight-forward presentation is part of the appeal, but I really enjoyed the use of fabric and needle art to design the illustrations.

I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm giving all four books in the series to my niece for her birthday. This is my favorite book in the series because readers don't need to know the original story. It just follows Anne on a pretty day out in nature. I especially loved the end.
Stefanie Kellum
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
*I read a digital ARC of this title from the publisher via NetGalley.
Jeimy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute board book inspired by Anne of Green Gables. Check out Anne’s Colors as well!
Eileen
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anne of Green Gables
Earl
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm always wary when anything Anne-related is released in the world because I'm worried they'll tarnish the character and the magic everything-ness of the books and the stories. But these board books are cute enough. I do prefer Anne's Colors more though.
Poongothai
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Anne of Green Gables in pictures teaching numbers. Illustrations are bright and colourful

Thanks to netgalley
Elyza
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a LibraryThing giveaway. This is such a lovely, adorable book! I loved the embroidered illustrations, Anne is so cute! A fun board book to help your little ones learn numbers and to get them interested in Ann of Green Gables! I hope there are more books like this!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

2019 storytime theme: baby storytime
Ana Calabresi
Anne of Green Gables is one of my favourite characters ever! This is a lovely baby board book based on Anne. I loved the mixed media art, it looks like a scrapbook.
AnnieLiz Love