Start by marking “Follow Me Down” as Want to Read:

Urban explorer Lucas Tremaine should buckle down and complete his Masters in Architecture, but the past torments him. Six years earlier, Drax Enterprises’ negligence killed his father and left his mother strung out on Valium. Lucas longs to punish the corrupt behemoth of Cincinnati real estate development, but what can one man do?

"Plenty," says old Mr. Blumenfeld, Lucas's
Published by Black Rose Writing

To ask other readers questions about Follow Me Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow Me Down

A.J. McCarthy
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book by Gordon MacKinney about Lucas Tremaine, an urban explorer and his sidekicks who get their thrills by infiltrating the architectural treasures of Cincinnati during the off-hours. Their hobby leads them to becoming involved in a plot to bring down the corrupt leaders of a huge corporation, the same company that was responsible for the death of Lucas’ father. This is a very well-written story with lots of action that kept me interested and engaged throughout. The au ...more
Bonnye Reed
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GNAB Follow me down is a complex mystery, very well put together and a joy to read. The settings are unique and well defined, and the characters are lovable and easily understood. These urban explorers of the layers of Cincinnati, Ohio are intrepid and driven to uncover secrets that will help them quiet their ghosts. This is a book I am quite comfortable recommending to my family, teens to seniors. Gordon Mackinney is an author I will watch for.

I received a free electronic copy of this novel fr
Mcf1nder_sk
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received another fantastic read from @blackrosewriting in the form of Follow Me Down by Gordon MacKinney. This is the tale of Lucas, an urban explorer whose father was killed in a construction accident while working for Drax Industries, the largest building contractor in Cincinnati. With his friends Reuben and Tricia, Lucas tries to find evidence in the long-abandoned subway systems that will enable him to take down Drax..
MacKinney has done a wonderful job creating characters the reader can
Michael Hartnett
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Secrets Rise from the Depths
Near the end of Follow Me Down by Gordon MacKinney delivers a moment of ordinary in this extraordinary novel: “I took Tricia’s hand in mine, squeezed to quell her trembling, and turned to stare out the window. The owner of the news kiosk wiped down a metal countertop. A deliveryman in white overalls shouldered a case of tomatoes into a Greek restaurant. A city worker with a push broom waved toward a second story window. So normal, but nothing felt normal.”
Indeed, no
Patricia Stoltey
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of critiquing an early draft of Gordon MacKinney's debut thriller. It's not only a well-paced and exciting novel of crime and danger, but is also an education in something I'd never heard of before: urban exploring. Whether old abandoned public buildings, boarded-up basements and tunnels, or closed factories, a wealth of opportunities exist for those who seek interesting subjects for photography or, even more exciting, to find out what might be buried or hidden from the publi ...more
Jeff Cochrane
Interesting

I liked the premise of sneaking around forbidden places. Also liked the architectural details. The basic problem I had with the book was the main character. I understand where he was coming from but he had such tunnel vision and was stuck on one spot that he ignored everything else. That distracted too much for my liking. Finally he seemed to change but it was too little too late.
Cynthia A
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revenge leads to destruction.

The story line was good. When his father was killed while working at Drax, Lucas set out to destroy Drax. With the help of a few friends an adventure of danger takes them to some of the most dangerous tunnels and up against a very evil man.
April Moore
thoms C schaffer
Apr 22, 2018
Julia Keizer
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel, MacKinney had me wanting to go find some unexplored places. His detail to the photography elements was wonderful. I was gritting my teeth at the unfairness towards the family by the Drax Enterprises. And the total disregard for humanity.

I loved the little Nicknames that Lucas had for the security guards and his not backing down attitude he conveyed towards them.

From the very first paragraph, I was captivated by the story of a young girls fate beneath the city of Cin
Shannon
Jul 14, 2019
Heath Henwood
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
By Gordon MacKinney

A predictable adventure story / mystery cross that is an easy read.

Urban explorer Lucas is intent of fiding evidence to expose the corrupt Drax Enterprises whose negligence killed his father and left his mother strung out on Valium. Aided by friends, he sets out under the city of Cincinnati.

While not a believable tale, the urban underground hunts makes interesting reading, as does the almost love interest of the two main characters.

#FollowMeDown #NetGalley