Start by marking “Sweet Indulgence (Charleston Harbor #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Indulgence (Charleston Harbor #1)

Sweet Indulgence

(Charleston Harbor #1)

Real Men Eat Cupcakes.

Annie McPherson has had it with all the blind dates her grandmother and auntie set her up with. She just wants to be left alone to run the Sweet Indulgence cupcake bakery – even if it means she’ll remain single forever.

Published January 16th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published February 1st 2013)

books are love
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet romance. We didn’t get that instant love either. I loved the aunt and grandmother those two were a hoot.

Annie ones a cupcake shop and her aunt and grandmother are trying to find her a man. She is tired of it but not sure how to fix it. She does do subtle hints but they don’t really listen. Into her shop comes Jack. He is there to get cupcakes for his niece.

Only now that he has met Annie he is intrigued. Also attracted as is Annie. from here these two go on a sweet romantic ride
⚜️Trea
This is my first time with this author, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. The story did keep my attention, but seemed a bit too coincidental at times for my tastes.

I liked the slow pacing on Jack and Annie's romance, but there were little details that were thrown into the story that didn't make any sense, as they weren't revisited. Seeing that the next book is a continuation of this one made this make sense, but I found it very annoying while I was reading!

Also, Annie was a bit to judgmental
Isha Coleman
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
The hardest choices are always better when a spoonful of sugar is thrown in for good measure. Debbie White indulges the proverbial sweet tooth with a heavy sprinkling of heart and a tasty sense of humor. Sweet Indulgence is decadence at it's finest. Life, romance, humor and honest to goodness pleasure, with a little wisdom for good measure. With tempting chemistry, lovable characters, witty dialogue and fantastic writing, Sweet Indulgence becomes the perfect recipe for a memorable treat.
Cynthia
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

What a wonderful beginning to the series. Annie opened her bakery and is doing a brisk business. One day a customer, Jack, walks in to 2 dozen cupcakes four his nieces birthday and magic starts.
Joan
Oct 25, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
Chapter 1. She keeps a dog in her cake shop. Words fail me.

dnf
Jennifer Vido
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As an avid visitor to the Charleston area, I was thrilled to find a series set in the lowcountry locale.

Annie McPherson is the proud owner of Sweet Indulgence, a delectable bakery specializing in cupcakes. She would rather concentrate on her business venture than go on blind date set up by her meddling grandmother and aunt. When Jack Powell comes into her shop to purchase some cupcakes for his niece's birthday, sparks fly between the two. Recovering from a recent breakup, he, too, is not so keen
Shannan
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I'll be honest; of all the romances I've read in the past few years, this wasn't in my top ten. It's a good story at it's heart;....it just wasn't talking to my heart.

Jack seems nice if a bit stalkerish the way he keeps popping up everywhere, sending people in to work for her/buy her cupcakes and hiring her sister.

She's a bit judgemental and snobby. I didn't care for the way she judged him as bit worthy just cuz he drives cars, as if he can't have money if he does. Despite the fact that she's
Emma
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Indulgence by Debbie White
(Charleston Harbor #1)
Real Men Eat Cupcakes
Jack’s just been through a gut-wrenching break-up, and women are the last thing on his mind. Now he’s on a mission to pick up cupcakes for his niece’s birthday party—not a mission to fall in love. Pulle
Margaret Watkins
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this gentle romance, both Jack and Annie have been hurt. Jack definitely isn’t ready for a new woman in his life and Annie has reached a point of desperation in trying to fend off her well-meaning Grandmother and Aunt wanting to set her up with eligible bachelors. Added to that Annie is concerned about her light-hearted sister who doesn’t see the necessity to take life a bit more seriously. However, when Jack comes into Annie’s bakery to collect cupcakes for his niece’s birthday, his resoluti ...more
Elizabeth
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Indulgence: (Charleston Harbor Novel-Book one )
By: Debbie White
Sweet Indulgence is book one in Debbie White’s new series Charleston Harbor. I fell in love with this story right at the start. The story is well written and the characters were well developed. In this sweet romance both Annie and Jack have been hurt in past relationships. Annie runs Sweet Indulgence, that makes the best cupcakes around. Annie’s grandmother and aunt is all the time setting her up with the most eligible bachelor
Sherri Smith
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a simple, very easy read of a story. The premise of the story was great, Annie an owner of a cupcake shop who met a man in her store, growth of romance promised. There was great promise with the plot.

I guess what I didn't like was the lack of development of the characters. The growth of the story. I found myself flipping quickly through the pages thinking that this would be appropriate for a teenager. It was clean, which I do appreciate, but it was the writing style that for me, left me
Janet Graham
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warm and Sweet Romance
This book is the first of the Charleston Harbor series. It is a sweet and warm romance. The characters and plot are developed nicely. It is a fairly straight forward romance without much drama. This is the first book from this author that I have read. I was pleased and will be reading more of her work. I also love that a percentage of each book sale always goes to an animal rescue charity. I received a free copy of this book (ARC) and voluntarily chose to share my honest re
Robyn Echols
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful romance that happened in spite of well-meaning, meddlesome older relatives, a sister still finding her way, and a host of friends. Annie, owner and operator of Sweet Indulgences, a cupcake shop, is focused on her business. By opening her heart to a handsome customer and taking a chance on people, she not only makes dreams come true for others, but finds fulfillment of bigger dreams for herself. A great cast of characters lead to a happy ending.

I was given an Advance Reader’
Nissa Marquart
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I received an advance copy from the author in exchange for an honest review**

Sweet Indulgence was a very sweet, clean romance. It seemed a little fast paced at times, but give every detail needed to keep an interest in the book. Jack and Annie are such a great couple and the other characters were interesting as well. It was very easy to follow and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Debra
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SWEET INDULGENCE was a story I fell in love with from the first page and was instantly hooked. Annie McPherson’s Grandmother and Aunt are always trying to set her up on blind dates, while Annie is only interested in making her bakery, Sweet Indulgence, successful. Jack isn’t interested in women, he is only picking up cupcakes for his niece’s birthday until he sees Annie. I really enjoyed this delicious first book in the Charleston Harbor Series!
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
A little too sweet for me and I didn't even think that was possible - not much of any conflict to the story. I don't need lots of angst or problems but everything went a little too smoothly or the issues were "oh I'm soo stressed a yelled at someone but I apologized within minutes" were the worst of the issues. I kept waiting for the some twist or an issue we needed to work through and it never happened.
Lori Holcomb
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Despite the spelling errors found throughout the book, Sweet Indulgence is a very easy read with loads of romance. Actually it’s all romance except for a brief segment of incredibly mild drama. I do wish there was a little less romance and more drama to balance the scales but it’s still a great book and I’m looking forward to reading the next in the series to find out what happens next.
Nicole Smith
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
The blurb of this one caught me attention. It sounded like a book right up my alley. I love when characters work at a bakery so I knew I had to read this one. This one started out good, but I just couldn't emotionally invest in the characters. They story was sweet and storyline was good, but for me it just didn't gel. I had a hard time with Annie. Sometimes she rubbed me the wrong way. I did like that this book set up for the next book in Annie and Jack's story.
Dawn Byers
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A heartwarming book, a bakery where you can almost taste the cupcakes and icing, the cozy relationship of the families -the small town feeling -
Grandmother and auntie keep setting Annie up with dates and Annie has had enough -
When a handsome man walks into her bakery one day and orders a dozen cupcakes - the sparks fly.
Grab this book to follow the sweet romance!
Jan Tomalis
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book Sweet Indulgence by Debbie White is! It is a fun book with a lot of well developed characters. Annie and Jack's story is easy reading romance with lovable relatives such as Grandma Lilly and Auntie Patty. I would love to have Sweet Indulgence cupcakery in my town! I also loved Annie's dog, Buffy! Delightful story!
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome beginning for the Charleston Harbor novels. Sweet Indulgence is a great name for a cupcakery! All the characters sparkle. Auntie Patty and Grandma Lilly were wonderful. Annie and Jack have great chemistry. You have small town romance, a cute dog, a small boat and an island. This is a wonderful afternoon read. Now on to book 2!
Debbie Lesley
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Lightest of Chick Lit

Sweet little story but there is so little to it. The characters aren’t really developed. The main characters met in the beginning and everything is hunky-dory from the start. Unrealistically is a young girl with a new bakery being able to hire several people to work for her.... and she is able to have time off.

A quick read when you are in between books.
Joyce A. Reid
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Are Cupcakes Of Many Flavers

This is a wonderful story about a loving relationship that blends two families into one big happy crowd. It's fun to see things happen...and friendships that continue through good times and not so good times. Just sit back, read, and enjoy.
Marlene
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

This was a sweet live story from an author who knows how to draw you into the characters . No sexy steamy love scenes...np skipping past descriptions that add nothing to the story. I Will read more of her books.
Lana Ellis
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This reading was really just to justify the purchase; sweet, romantic, but really lacking something. The proverbial grain of salt to keep you engrossed? The narration is somewhat unnatural, strained at times.
Shannon Godwin
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet romance that I enjoyed from the beginning to the very sweet end. The writing is great and the characters are so lovable. You will fall in love with this book! I can't wait for the next book in this series!
PATRICIA M KARCHER
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Awful!!!

I kept hoping for the story to get better! The only thing good about the story was " no detailed sex". Mostly it was about a spoiled, self centered brat named annie, who thinks no-one and I do mean no-one is smarter, caring or better than herself! Awful in every way.
Teri
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good sweet romantic book. Great characters and setting is cool. Not my normal type of book/story but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more in the series and find out what happens with Jack and Annie.
Dianne Marshall
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down.
Nancy
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wholesome light romance with some unforgetable charaters. I enjoyed the story, cover-to-cover, and am cotinuing the family saga with Charleston Harbor #2, Sweet Magnolia.

• The Mad Countess (Gothic Brides, #1)
  • The Last Man in London (Rogues & Gentlemen #9)
  • Where Shadows Dwell
  • The Light in the Duke's Shadow
  • The Magician's Curse (The Great Dagmaru, #1)
  • Nathaniel (Dragon Hearts #1)
  • Accidentally Me
  • White Christmas
  • The Unorthodox Arrival of Pumpkin Allan
  • Tame the Wild Wind
  • Tremarnock Summer (Tremarnock #3)
  • The Christmas Key
  • See You Smile
  • Toad in the Hole (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #4)
  • The Nanny Crisis
  • The Dart Murders
  • My Perfect Ex-Boyfriend (Perfect Guy #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
Debbie is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance and women's fiction. Her romance's range from sweet to spicy. When she's not writing the next bestseller, you can find her enjoying her backyard, riding on the back of their motorcycle, or visiting one of the many wineries in their area. They have two rescue dachshunds, Dash and Briar. With pet rescue so dear to her heart, she gives ...more