Start by marking “Fury Frayed (Of Fates and Furies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fury Frayed (Of Fates and Furies, #1)

Fury Frayed

(Of Fates and Furies #1)

ebook
Published January 23rd 2018 by Melissa Haag

Hannah G
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. My biggest issue with this book was that it had no table of contents. That really bothered me especially considering the format I was reading it on. Btw it has 24 chapters. 3.75 star rating.
kelly {BookCrushin}
"Why couldn't I just be like other people my age? Moody but not irrationally angry?"

Fury Frayed is a fun, witty, and interesting world full of out of the ordinary teens. It has just that perfect amount of sexual tension that makes for the perfect YA paranormal romance.  We are introduced to our narrator, Megan, who has quite the temper and is quick to fight. Her mother tries to keep her out of trouble and they move from school district to school district, until finally her mother enrolls Megan i
☆☆Hannah☆☆
This ended up being better than I thought it would. Megan has anger issues. Although, if you've read the description already then you would know that. Her mom takes her to this place and she spends the book figuring out what she is and how to deal. The problem is that people keep showing up dead around her. Of course they all think she did it. I wasn't a fan of the people who run this place and I'm not sure if I want to deal with her teenage angst in the next book.
Coco.V
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/12/18)!💝

Blurb:
Megan’s temper lands her in Girderon Academy, an exclusive school founded in a town of misfit supernatural creatures. It’s the one place she should be able to fit in, but she can’t. Instead, she itches to punch the smug sheriff in his face, pull the hair from a pack of territorial blondes, and kiss the smile off the shy boy’s face. Unfortunately, she can’t do any of that, either, because humans are dying and all clues point to her.

With Megan’s temper flar
Tèo Sip
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite fantasy book!

Megan is absolutely relatable. She is funny, caring, and full of sass. The action is non-stop and the mysteries intriguing. I’ll say no more and let the following excerpt speak for themselves ;)
🔥Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
🔥No love triangle nor cheating
🔥No cursing and mild violence
🔥First-person heroine POV
🔥Cliffhanger: none (though I’m more than willing to buy the next book so I can meet these lovable characters again)

Excerpt from the author’s website:
“What was
Sharon Mariampillai
Thank you Sharon J for recommending this book series to me. This was an amazing read. The story was action-packed and intriguing. It is one of my favourite fantasy/paranormal books I have read. I loved the main character. Megan was really relatable. I thought that she was funny and sassy. I would love to be best friends with this heroine. She is my type of heroine. Also, I loved Oranen and Fenris. Oranen was protective and there for Megan. Fenris was more outgoing and funny. This seems to be a s ...more
Melyssa Winchester
I'm gonna be honest.
I don't know this author from Adam.
I've never followed her, until today. I bought her book on a splurge of random books I bought all at the same time.
What I can say, is that now that I've read her, there's no going back.
The level of paranormal, fantasy love I have overall, added with this authors writing style and also her ability to add elements I didn't see coming, God.
This book was phenomenal. So much that I had to stop my man and tell him that when we got paid, we we
Steven
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, let me state that this is really more like 3.5 stars than 4, but I must, as usual, give the benefit of the half star in the 5-star system. Second, I was able to get this first book in the series for free (thus the only reason I read it), which is why I had it. I normally avoid the teenage coming-of-age genre, particularly female ones (because I can't relate), but the summary had me interested and the investment wasn't large. :-)

I'll start with the bad. This book is WAY too obsessed with p
Karen
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fury Frayed is a quick, entertaining, and a really fun read! I highly recommend it if you love urban fantasy, mythological influence, and a dose of fun YA tropes.
Genieinachanelbottle
A Scorching Hot New Series!

The only thing to fear when starting a series by Melissa Haag is how addicted U will become! ;)

Fury Frayed transports readers to a fascinating world, filled with magic mythology, chilling mystery, swoon worthy slow burn romance and so many different paranormal creatures. Each of the characters have unique and engaging personalities!

Megan is a sassy little spitfire with a wonderfully sarcastic sense of Humor. I truly love this girl!

Oanen is absolutely an Alpha Male! P
Tracy
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want my own Eliana

Megan is tough as nails and constantly angry. It isn't until she attends her new school that she figures out why. There is just so much to say, but none of it can be said without spoiling something. This is a new world, completely unrelated to any of Ms Haag's other series, and it is so rich with promise and potential. I'm anxious to see what's next.
Char
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fury Frayed by Melissa Haag is a fun, adventurous tale that begins to unravel the mysteries behind a hidden town, an abandoned teen with major anger issues and an academy full of mythical creatures.

Megan, the main character, must discover who she is while attempting to navigate an unknown world full of danger. She immediately meets a cute guy, infuriates his mean-girls’ harem, gets thrown into a new and very high school cliquish academy, and stumbles almost literally upon a hottie hero.

Sound lik
Ozsaur
Megan is a girl with a temper. After one too many incidents, her mother dumps her off at a house in a town where Megan doesn't know anyone. On her own, Megan picks herself up and faces her new life with guts and humor.

I liked Megan a lot. She's smart and resourceful, and realizes that she can take care of herself. That doesn't stop her from feeling lonely, even though most people tend to piss her off. It isn't long before she makes a couple of friends - and a few enemies.

Megan's first real frien
thevintagechronicles
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit, I bought this only because I loved the JO6 series so much, and was going thru withdrawals. the premise, centered around mythology and furies, held little appeal for me.

however, I decided to support one of my favorite authors, in hopes that she will someday return to the JO6 world, and I figured I could take a chance on this new series, after all, if I hate it, I could just move on...

I did not hate it. in fact, I kinda love it. as I said, it centers around a fury. I know nothing abou
Susan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Promising start

Fury Frayed is a promising start to the Of Fates and Furies series. Interesting concept, but the first half of the book took a little getting into. By the second half, the story was finally taking shape. I look forward to seeing where this series will go.
Mandy Stump
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book!!

OMG. Loved this story. The main characters are so fun. Really enjoyed the bonds that is formed between main characters. Loved the history it gave us. Really wanna read more.
Jackie Sigerson
4.5 stars - creative and original
Nikki Jefford
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast, fun, and funny!

Fury Frayed is out of the ordinary and the story simply flies by.
Lissa Hawley
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this. Can't wait for more.
Samantha Glass
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good intro into the paranormal world. I enjoy discovering it through the eyes of the main character who is as questioning as we. Powers, mythology, adolescents, murder. What could go wrong?
Ariana Woodson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
If possible, I'd give this book 4.5 stars. This was a very good read. The story was interesting, the main character was fun, and the supporting/background characters were well written for the most part.

Megan has a bad temper and she can't control it no matter what she does. It doesn't take much to set her off, sometimes describing someone's existence as enough to make her angry. One fight too many has her mom packing up and moving them to the rural middle-of-nowhere town Uttira. There, Megan is
Müsli
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is very cool, the plot is awesome but simple.
Angela
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love her earlier work. Touch, The first books from the Jo6 series, the beauty and beast books under her other name. 5 star reads all of them, and the reason being the slower pace, more storytelling, more character depth. I love it when an author takes the time to make me care about the characters they're creating, and that often means delving into the mundane...the day to day. She was great at that early on, but the more I read from her newer releases (the last book in Jo6, the demon series an ...more
Cindy Grobler
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa you did it again. I’m completely hooked. Can’t wait for the next one.

Thank for the snippet on Clay and Gabby. 😁
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
What a fun and interesting new world! Fury Frayed is such a unique book that I literally cannot compare it to any others! If you are looking for a new world with new creatures and all new characters, then you need to pick this book up. It has everything you can ask for. There is tons of action, a bit of mystery, and even a bit of romance. There will definitely be areas that shock you that is for sure!

Oh… Holy… Wow…. This book left me speechless. The plot of this book is so fresh and new that I w
Vanessa Vendrasco-Aere
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For those readers that loved the Judgement of Six series, you will not be disappointed with Melissa Haag's new series, Of Fates and Furies!!

I've been on the Melissa band wagon from the beginning. I've read everything she has written, and when I saw the blurb for this book, I knew I had to try it out. I was so pleasantly surprised by HOW MUCH I ended up loving it.

Plot wise, Melissa has always been a genius. This is no exception. While we don't get a HUGE idea of what the overarching plot will be,
CoullCat
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed Fury Frayed. Haag’s YA novels, for me, vary from 3 star reads to 5; Fury Frayed was a 4.5 but as I can’t do half stars I thought it was good enough to bump up to 5.

Haag has once again delivered a YA novel that is not full of simpering idiots whinging about their life, instead we get a more mature feeling YA novel that is full of strong characters and delicious world building. I love all the different creatures included in the book and can only i
Gemma
A Great Must Read

This book was absolutely amazing I loved every minute of it. Fury frayed stars our young heroine Megan who is a very troubled teen who suffers from a (outerworldly) anger that forces her to attack those that it sets its sights on. After causing so many fights in her short life her mother decides to move again and unbeknownst to Megan but she will be moving alone to a small town that is very different than what she is use too. This is where Megan encounters the locals who are ver
Sharon Hughson
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of the Jo6 series by this author, so I was both nervous and excited about this. Scratch the nerves. This is a 4.4 out of five star book.
If you like snarky teenage heroines, then this book will feed your craving. You might even be ready to smack someone upside the head after a few chapters. But Megan has a good reason for all her irritation. It just takes too long for her to figure it out.
Also, for someone who didn't believe in magic, she seemed to acclimate to the world of superna
Desislava Sivilova
A definite page-turner, read it in one day. Recommended for Percy Jackson fans and fans of Greek and Norse mythology. Very interesting take on magical creatures and their roles and purposes, which poses more existential questions like, are our abilities and character inborn or developed, and do we have control over our own destiny?

What really makes this one a great read though is the MC, Megan. A real badass herione who does not hesitate to land a punch -- or three -- just because she feels like
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • Immortal Grave (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #3)
  • The Nine (Foxfire Burning, #1)
  • Destined Darkness (Nephilim's Destiny Book 1)
  • Dancing with the Devil (The Thorne Trilogy, #3)
  • Crystal Frost: The Complete Series
  • Wolfking  (Wolfking #1)
  • Valhalla
  • Cry of the Sea (Juniper Sawfeather, #1)
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
  • Bless Your Heart (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #1)
  • The Dragonian's Witch (The First Witch #1)
  • The Gatekeeper's Trilogy: Books 1-3 of The Gatekeeper's Saga
  • Witching on a Star (Academy of Witches, #1)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • Werewolf High: The Complete Freshman Year: Books 1-3
  • Being True
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)
I love to write! Sharing the worlds I've created is beyond amazing . Want to read a book for free? Check out my website at:

Connect with me on:

I also write adult books under the pen name M.J. Haag. Happy reading!

Of Fates and Furies (3 books)
  • Fury Focused (Of Fates and Furies, #2)
  • Fury Freed (Of Fates and Furies, #3)