Start by marking “Crazy for the Boss: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Crazy in Love Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Crazy for the Boss: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Crazy in Love Book 1)

Crazy for the Boss: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Crazy in Love Book 1)

Published November 12th 2017 by Ashlee Mallory

To ask other readers questions about Crazy for the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy for the Boss

NMmomof4
DNF @ 34%

This, unfortunately, just couldn't hold my interest. There was something about the writing style that just felt off for me. I haven't connected with either mcs at all, and there have been so many time jumps that I'm unsure as to how long they've even known each other! BUT -- it very well might be a case of "it's not you, it's me" going on here...
Floryie
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Source : Bought on Amazon
Date read : January 3 ,2019
Rating : 5/5
My reread factor : 4/5

James and Quinn first meet in a work related environment which in turn leads to Quinn's hiring at James' prompting. James is a playboy through and through and that's what is shown on the surface while Quinn looks like an uptight goody two shoes at first glance. But all this changed as the story developed.

Though majority of the book is from Quinn's side, there were few parts which gave me an insight into James.
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳This was such a sweet, romantic, over thrilling book that I actually took my time to read.

➳Though it was pretty long for it to get to the point of attraction between both main characters, the delayed reaction was still endearing to read...

➳The third perspective though was a tough decision of my part to continue reading due to the fact that I have never liked the aspect of reading or writing in the third perspective...

➳However I finished it and overall I enjoyed it more than what I thought I wo
KAS
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really glad I thought "what the heck" when asked if I would read this book for an honest review. I had no idea what to expect, as Ashlee Mallory is an author I had never read before. Well, I can tell you, I will be reading more of her books in the future. I enjoyed reading this one and look forward to the others in this new series.

The progression of the relationship between the two main characters, especially their bantering conversations, kept me entertained. They were both intelligent, yet wit
Coco.V
Dec 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/29/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Attorney Quinn Taylor prides herself on doing the right thing, a modern-day David taking on the Goliaths of the world. Goliaths such as James Thornhill who's offering her a job that is almost impossible to refuse. Playing babysitter and muse to the overindulged CEO is the last thing she wants to do, but with mounting debt making even a cup of coffee a luxury, Quinn's ready to swallow her pride and get in bed with the devil. Something that, the more tim
Marissa Chavez
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love!

Quinn and James were absolutely perfect! I loved how they both worked so well with one another. I couldn't get enough of them. 💛
Melissa
**This and other reviews posted at Imasweetandsassybookwhore.com**

**ARC provided by publisher**

This book tells the story of James, a playboy CEO, and Quinn, an employment attorney. There’s elements of a good story here, but it definitely lagged a bit for me.
I like the concept of these characters-the playboy trying to fix his family company and the do-good crusader of an attorney. They went through the paces together but I felt like it took a while to get there. These two had chemistry but I felt
Natasha
2.5* read.
Unfortunately this wasn't the book for me. I felt as though it took too long to get to a certain point in the book, it was a slow build relationship wise and I just felt it dragged on to long so I found it hard to connect to the characters.
A good thing though is that the author did deal with the depression side and explained it really well, I also loved the cover and i would defiantly read more from this author this book just wasn't for me.
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, ku
This is a sweet, totally swoony romance!!

Quinn is a lawyer who fights for employment rights. James is the new CEO for Thornhill Management. He’s better known for being a slacker playboy than a hard working CEO. When Quinn sees him for the first time, he’s making out with a woman in line at a coffee. I think Quinn was all of us with the eye-rolling and judgement. When James offers her a job to change Thornhill’s employment policies, they begin building a beautiful friendship with an underlying cu
Steffi
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Ashlee Mallory book I read. After spending my weekdays reading work related documents, I felt like reading a romcom during my short break. I picked this up on a whim and ended up liking it. I liked how James and Quinn started out friends first. The good work relationship between them was laid out nicely before the plot turned to the romance part of the story, making their chemistry and attraction more believable.

By the title, you can tell that it's a boss/employee romance. I wo
Paula Bothwell
Crazy for the Boss (Crazy in Love) - R
Violence: none
Language: <55 swears
Sex: descriptive kissing, roaming hands, then straight up sex about 80% in and almost immediately again right after.

This was a level of intimacy detail I'd never read in an Ashley Mallory book, and I was pretty surprised. Quinn is one of my favorite h's ever: she's strong, driven, kind, loyal, and an all-around good person. I love how she took her own life experiences and let them mold her into a strong advocate for othe
Korkoi
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love across the conference room table

James met Quinn for the first time when he was exhibiting nefarious behaviour in public and later realised she was someone he wanted in his corner always. They built a relationship based on a personal friendship and professional respect, but this turned into more as time went on. There is jealousy, teasing, betrayal, true friendships, drama and a happy ending that will have you saying Awwww. This is my first book from this author and I am definitely going to
Jenny H
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This was a sweet and fun read. I loved Quinn and James. The connection, interactions and chemistry between them was fantastic. The characters are strong, well written, developed and likable. The plot was entertaining and well written. Overall this book really drew me in. It was a sweet and fun read - a great start to the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Cynthia
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

Quinn was a lawyer who stood up for her clients. She was little nervous going against Thornhill for her client but she knew that they shouldn't have let her go. James has been appointed CEO when his grandfather had his heart attack. He has seen her earlier but wasn't expecting her to be the lawyer on the case. He likes what she was fighting for. He hired her. What comes next is a lot of give and taje.
Kelly
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
** spoiler alert **

I am in the minority here I just felt like this book dragged so much to get them to be a couple and then the fight you could see it all happening. I liked the characters but for me it dragged so much I almost didn't finish it. Then they get back together so quickly. I just felt there should have been more of them as a couple.
Kelly
Marie McKenney
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute and funny love story.

Quinn and James's love story is full of all sorts of emotions. It is a giant rollercoaster ride. It takes them a while to get to the top, then it gets crazy. Ups and downs. Her family and town are so cute. Both are strong willed but are so cute together. Love this story.
Tracy Riva
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just the right mix of sexy and sweet

I really enjoyed this book. The one"sex" scene in the book doesn't go into lurid detail like so many books nowadays do. The book is sweet. Quinn and James are a perfect match for each other and the book delivers on a feel good HEA.
Samantha
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This book was enjoyable. The characters, while not realistic, being that the boss is a super rich guy with a private - I mean - company jet, are fun. The story was fun. Interesting take on corporations and such.
Dina
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quinn and James story is filled with romance, fun and yes, even conflict. But they get it together and can make a cute couple.

Ashlee Mallory writes a story where the characters chemistry was fun. Now off to the next book. :)
Joan
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star, 2d-characters
Nothing has happened so far. There’s no tension or story development or anything other than random events and dialogue. I have given up waiting for some spark to set the story in motion.

Dnf @ 24%
Colleen
I liked this book but nothing fabulous to say about it. Great find when you are at a cottage on a rainy day.

Cheers
Love
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Love Story

This is a refreshing and heartwarming love story with adorable and charming characters with a little bit of sassy definitely must read.
Wioletta
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Lorelei Frank
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

This was such a fun and sweet read! The two main characters, James and Quinn, just came off as real life characters
Carol Tietsworth
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet story I thoroughly enjoyed.
Beverly NURBIN
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I liked watching the attraction growing as they got to know each other. Fighting it all the way. Surprised by Quinn leading her to fight for those in the minority.
Sue Stinnett
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Boss

A fun story with romance and humor. One stubborn woman and her millionaire boss don't agree on much except now they feel for each other.
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy for the Boss by Ashlee Mallory....This was a great enjoyable book about a boss/employee relationship. James and Quinn's relationship took some time to blossom, but boy do they have chemistry. This was my first book by Ashlee Mallory and she has won a new reader, I can't wait to read more by her. I was given a complimentary book for an honest review.
Lucia
A light hearted romance boss/employee romance but with serious, and sometimes wrongly stigmatised, underlying issues tackled

Crazy for the Boss is the second story I’ve read by Ashlee Mallory and I have to say I really enjoy her writing when looking for a light hearted romance but with just enough drama to keep things interesting and pages turning. Crazy for the Boss is quite literally as the title suggests a boss/employee romance but with serious and sometimes wrongly stigmatised underlying issu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• All He Wants For Christmas (The Bouquet Catchers, #4)
  • Miss Goody Two-Shoes
  • Winning the Right Brother (Silhouette Special Editions, #2046)
  • Uneven Exchange
  • Jason (The Single Daddy Club #2)
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit
  • The Matchstick Grill (The Feminine Mesquite #4)
  • Beautiful Potential
  • Kick
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • One Night With Four CEOs: A Reverse Harem Romance
  • Stranded
  • Ballyflynn
  • For a Good Time, Call...
  • Merge Ahead
  • Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology
  • Uncontrollable (Country Roads, #6)
  • Then He Showed Up (Love From Austin, #1)
Ashlee Mallory is a USA Today Bestselling author of Romantic Comedy, Suspense, and Thrillers. A recovering attorney, she currently resides in Utah with her husband and two kids. She aspires to one day include running, hiking and traveling to exotic destinations in her list of things she enjoys, but currently settles for enjoying a good book and a glass of wine from the comfort of her couch.