Start by marking “Striking The Balance (Pico Bogue, #4)” as Want to Read:
Striking The Balance (Pico Bogue, #4)

Striking The Balance (Pico Bogue, #4)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Pico Bogue and his little sister Anna revel in the delights of winter, from Halloween to snowball fights, and, of course, that special Christmas magic.
Published November 2016 by Europe Comics

To ask other readers questions about Striking The Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Striking The Balance

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

[Shai] Bibliophage
Pico Bogue: Striking the Balance is a humor-filled graphic novel about the two witty siblings, Pico and Anna. Based on the illustrations, the comic panel started in autumn then ended in the Christmas or winter season. There are several repartees in this book that I've liked, but there are also that are not that great. Nonetheless, I could say that it's still a good graphic novel to check out when you want something that is a light-read and if you want to be entertained at the same time.
Pico Bogue: Striking the Balance
Pico Bogue: Striking the Balance
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Oh wow, this was even more fun and hilarious than I had hoped/thought it would be! I now want the rest of this series as well. I want to see what other adventures Pico and his little sister Anna do and what trouble they get into.

We see the lives of Pico (the older brother with amazing hair) and his little sister Anna (with also amazing hair). From school (and how Pico tried his best to get more time for t
Wayne McCoy
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
'Striking the Balance (Pico Bogue #4) by Dominique Roques with illustrations by Alexis Dormal is a series of comic strips about a boy named Pico with outrageous red hair and his little sister Anna. I think this is a case of something getting lost in translation.

First off, the illustrations are simply great. There is lots of motion and color and I loved looking at the art.

The gags is where this often falls apart. Since this was originally published in Europe, I assume it w
Paul Franco
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two kids and their parents, in sorta comic-strip-like storytelling, though more drawn out.
Before anything starts, there’s an amazing drawing of the protagonist inhabiting a tiny part of a vast landscape. It’s really beautiful. And at the end there’s a snowy counterpart, though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a kid piggyback on a snowman before.
“You are what you eat. That makes me nasty.” Wow, tone is set from the first page. These two tiny kids are wise and snarky beyond their years. ...more
Critterbee❇
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute tales of an incorrigible set of siblings, Pico and Anna, and their daily life experiences, explorations of philosophy, and sarcasticish humor. I found the book surprising and very funny, and a little reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes (humor-wise, not illustration-wise).

I am not sure what age group (if any) this is aimed at, but I enjoyed it and can imagine teens and maybe children enjoying it as well.

*eARC Netgalley*
Theediscerning
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
DNF - these cartoons were just not my thing. It was actually quite disappointing to see so much work put in to the visuals, with the wonderful characterisation and the superior colour palette, when the cartoons were far too snide and sarky, and the yuck-yuck rate was stuck on zero. It seems to me that Big Nate is so much better, even though the arch way of getting one up on people, especially parents and other adults, is so close in the two franchises.
The Book Worm
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This is a book for older children. I liked the drawings and especially the section where the hero Pico plays in the snow.
It is a bit long book but I honestly think that one day later I will give my son to read. It shows daily lives problems and it will make him think about them and question the world. Isn't that what we should expect from the next generation?
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley and Europe Comics for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

Some of these were quite good and made me laugh by a few weren't that funny. I hadn't heard of this series before but I believe it's not all in English anyway. The characters are bother and sister, Pico and Anna and this is about their daily lives. They can be such smart alecks and come up with the funniest comments, particularly the way they can catch an adult off g
Jessica Wrobel
Jun 10, 2018
Ruth Frampton
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
humour can be subjective, what one person finds amusing another with find side-splittingly hilarious, some of the exchanges between the siblings Pico and Anna are amusing, others I can see they are meant to be but can't find the giggle inside. The illustrations are okay but colourful, the style is somewhat an acquired taste. Overall, I enjoyed the read but would be unlikely to reread in the future.
Andréa
Note: I received a digital review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.
Fiona
May 30, 2019
Soie Naudelie
marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2019
Dominique Roques est née en 1948 à Casablanca. Quelques années plus tard, en Belgique, elle a deux fils qui partagent son goût pour la bande dessinée humoristique. L'aîné de ses fils, Alexis Dormal, dessine depuis toujours des personnages pleins de vie. Si pleins de vie qu'il est vite devenu insupportable à Dominique de les abandonner à peine nés. Elle décide donc de leur faire des "transfusions" d'histo ...more