Start by marking “The Last Gift” as Want to Read:
The Last Gift

The Last Gift

A story from the Dreamspinner Press 2017 Advent Calendar collection Stocking Stuffers.

College student Nick Reed works late shift at a convenience store and dreams of graduation, a job he can be proud of, and finding the man of his dreams.

But the man of his dreams is about to find him.

A change in his lab hours forces Nick to swap shifts with a coworker. But no one prepared
Published December 1st 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Last Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Gift

Start your review of The Last Gift
Meags
3 Stars

College student Nick works his ass off; he holds down two jobs while trying to keep abreast of his demanding coursework. Nick has little to no social life, but he figures it will all be worth it once he graduates and can find a decent job in his field of expertise. He also hopes to one day find a partner to share it all with, but that seems to be a dream for another day.

When Nick reluctantly agrees to change shifts at the convenience store he works at, he serendipitously meets new
* A Reader Obsessed *
3 Hearts

Nick is seriously crushing on one of the early morning customers where he works, and he can hardly concentrate on anything else. Despite what initially looks like them being completely incompatible, it’s quickly made clear that he and Aaron are able to connect on many other levels.

However, the clock is a ticking, and though it’s the worst time in Nick’s life to even contemplate a relationship, he can’t help but hope. What he doesn’t realize is that his and Aaron’s magical meeting time
Jewel
The Last Gift was a fun little story about making a connection in the unlikeliest of places.

Nick Reed works hard at two jobs and goes to school full time. He barely has time for a date, much less a relationship. In fact, a relationship isn't even on his radar, right now because he barely even sleeps. But that was before Aaron Hampton, a hot young lawyer, comes in and charms his way into Nick's thoughts -- and fantasies.

I enjoyed this short story because sometimes the person for you does just
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

ADORABLE!! Yup, I had pretty good time reading this one; the humor (in form of Nick's internal thoughts) worked so well, I think I spent most of the time with smile on my face.

Sure, the interactions between Nick and Aaron happen almost 100% at the retail store where Nick works (except for that one time where the two of them involves in 5K race), and maybe I'd LOVE it better if I see them doing proper dating et cetera... but the story gives me JOY and that's all that
Joyfully Jay
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is a sweet and fun romance. I liked Nick’s snark, and appreciated his unabashed crush on Aaron. Their banter was cute, and the end marks a new beginning for Nick and his equally smitten new boyfriend. Aaron is refreshing, a hyper-competitive athlete and an absent-minded boss, even as he’s a top-rate lawyer. They make a nice odd-couple, with Nick holding his own despite his youth and lack of experience.

Read Veronica’s review in its entirety here.

Chelsea
Yay! Christmas time at the blog!

4 hearts

Oh I liked that. I liked that alot. All the fluffy sweetest a short Christmas story needs!
Nick has developed a crush on one of his customers at the convenience store he works at. His crush, Aaron, is probably the sweetest guy ever! I adored this pairing, Nick was funny and came across as a rather normal college student while Aaron was totally adorable!

They had a nice steady development from infatuation to friendship then something more hopeful and of
Avid Reader
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Last Gift (2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers) by Chrissy Munder
M/M Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Nick is a college student who is just trying to survive getting through school and work. He wants to be able to take the classes he wants, but when his professor changes the lab times, he asks his workmate to switch shifts. He doesn't realize that by doing this, it will change the course of his life.

Aaron is a successful lawyer and we
Lelyana
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, dsp, holiday, mm

When you have a crush on someone and you cannot say anything about it, except stalking him?
That's what happened between Aaron and Nick. Besides, Nick didn't know that Aaron came for him every day, finding a reason to talk to him, but afraid to asked him out. While Nick thought that Aaron is too good to be true, and came to his work at the convenient store just for a quick breakfast before work. Nick has crush on Aaron as well.
So, guys obviously need a better communication skill, talk instead
Annie

This story was darling. The Last Gift is precisely what I hope for when I pick up a Christmas short- good characters, easy rhythm, sweet romance, holiday sparkle, and enough relationship development that I get those warm fuzzies. The story featured an adorable meet cute- with college student Nick working the counter in a convenience store Aaron frequents. The bulk of the interactions take place in that convenience store, yet the author does a great job capturing those early attraction
Serena Yates
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2017
Entertaining and funny, this Christmas story features a serious crush, lots of angst, two main characters with a brain, and slowly growing feelings that end up leaving both guys in need of a good conversation. I enjoyed the slow bonding and shyness on both sides as Christmas slowly approaches and Nick knows his early shift at the convenience store will come to an end once he goes back to his normal time. It’s the only time he gets to see Aaron, and he can’t seem to find enough courage to ask him ...more
Sadonna
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review and much more can be found at The Novel Approach

Nick is working hard to finish his degree. He’s working at a convenience story and is able to swap shifts with his friend and roommate when things change with his lab and class schedule. This change in hours introduces him to Aaron, a lawyer who comes in every day at 5:25 to get his coffee.

One day, Aaron is frantic because he needs a gift for his assistant, whom he can’t seem to win over. Nick does an amazing job of picking out the
Natosha Wilson
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This short story was an okay read. I think the reason I was not to give this a higher rating is because I felt as if this story was missing something vital to it. I really cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. Maybe it is depth. I don't know. It was a decent read but it was definitely missing something even for a short story. Short stories in my opinion are able to pull more from me as a reader because hey normally pack a punch and there is no beating around the bush about it.

Nick is working hard
Jordan
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 Stars for The Last Gift

This book was full of fluff and sweetness. Nick switches shifts last-minute with a coworker and he thought his afternoon was going to be bland and boring, per usual. Nick is always thinking about his future and planning for the life he wants to have. When an absolutely gorgeous man walks in at 5:25, Nick is floored, but he does his job and tries to get him out of his head.

Aaron is an overworked lawyer who was up the creek without a paddle when it came to finding
Lois - Who Reads
Nick has a plan, a careful constructed plan on how to get the classes he needs to complete his degree early. He has been focused for years and just works, goes to classes and does homework. When he is in the home stretch and needs to switch up some of his work shifts, he meets Aaron. Aaron hits everyone of Nick's criteria for the perfect man, too bad he really doesn't have time to woo his perfect man. On top of that, Aaron shows up for her coffee every morning at the same time and is a constant ...more
Mari  Cardenas
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!!

This was a sweet and short holiday story. While I loved the characters, there was a moment near the end in which I really wanted to slap some sense into Aaron, and maybe Nick, too, for taking him back. I needed more of a grand gesture, but I guess it worked well for them. The ending was a bit rushed and I wouldn't have minded another chapter, maybe, just to round things up. Still, it was an entertaining story. Recommendable!

*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Dreamspinner Press,
Morgan  Skye
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is hard for me to evaluate. On one hand, I loved the internal monologue and found Nick to be a really fun character. On the other hand, I wasn’t really sure why the story ended like it did as I felt our MCs didn’t get a lot of quality time together to really establish anything.

If you accept this as an HFN and maybe just the start of a relationship and a partially completed story – it’s a good start. However, it didn’t have that solid feel of completion to me.

3 of 5 stars
Suze
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice Christmas-y meet cute story.
Nick, student working many hours to make ends meet waits for Mr 5.25(am!), the highlight of his day. I did enjoynthe twist to this at the end.
Aaron gradually opens up and we get to see his attempts to interact with Nick.
The christmas run proves a break through.
Nerea
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Sweet xmas story!

Nick need to change his work shift during some time because some college schedule, so then he meet this lovely guy that come to the shop every day at the same time.

So they start gaining familiarity and becoming friends :)
It is a simple story, but cute!
Lada
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Short and cute.

PS: I'm very thankful that there's no kid involved.
Ramsi
BTina
Katy Beth Mckee
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school, m-m, sports
Love how these guys get together and how special they become to each other with any sex or even dating.
Andrea
review to come
Nurvilya,
Dec 26, 2017
Ann
I absolutely love Chrissy Munder’s stories, especially her holiday offerings. The Last Gift was as adorable as I expected and she really packed a lot of connection into a short story. The concentration stayed on the two MC’s and I liked them both so much, so the focused page time was much appreciated.Aaron may have been the more established of the two in his professional life, but Nick was able to hold his own despite his age and lack of experience. The story is told from Nick’s perspective and ...more

• New Game, Start
  • Dear Ruth
  • Homemade from the Heart
  • Eugene and the Box of Nails (2017 Advent Calendar Daily - Stocking Stuffers)
  • An Open Window
  • O Hell, All Ye Shoppers
  • Hope Is the Thing with Feathers
  • A Gift of Family
  • All Creatures Great and Small
Chrissy Munder writes contemporary M/M romance filled with everyday men and extraordinary passion to transport readers into their personal world of love, laughter, and desire

She is an avid reader, a wanderer of Michigan’s wilderness, and, while not in any particular order, a lover of lists, zombies, and bad sci-fi. She’s also perpetually behind on everything—except feeding the cat. There are those