Start by marking “Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Her Royal Spyness #12)” as Want to Read:
Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Her Royal Spyness #12)

Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding

(Her Royal Spyness #12)

In the days leading up to her wedding to Darcy O’Mara, Lady Georgiana Rannoch takes on the responsibilities of a grand estate, but proving she can run a household just may be the death of her in the new Royal Spyness Mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of On Her Majesty’s Frightfully Secret Service.

If only Darcy and I had eloped! What I thought would be a

Published August 7th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding, please sign up.
Natasha I saw on Rhys Bowen's Facebook page she is writing the next Royal Spyness mystery right now.
Csilla It certainly is the latest, and for the time being, it is the last as well. Maybe that's what your unreliable source meant. But as long as the author…moreIt certainly is the latest, and for the time being, it is the last as well. Maybe that's what your unreliable source meant. But as long as the author is alive (and she is) , I see no reason why the series should end with this book.
... okay, I looked up her facebook account, and she is already writing the next Her Royal Spyness book, so no worries. (I hope you tried to find an answer via google. not that hard. and may prevent you from spreading wild rumors such as this one)
btw, it looks like they are making a movie as well.(less)

Katie B
This was my first time reading a book in the Her Royal Spyness series and I enjoyed it so much I might have to go check out the previous books. Despite me jumping in to the 12th book in the series, I never felt lost as the author did a good job with giving background info of the main characters.

This was just a really cute and fun book that takes place in 1930s England. I loved the historical fiction aspect of the book as members of the royal family were characters in the story. It was the chara
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Delightful mystery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have heard of this author prior to reading this book. But what I didn’t realize, or it just didn't sink in, was that this book is a part of a series. However, I didn’t let that stop me. I think most author's are pretty good and giving us glimpses of past stories so we can catch up.

The beginning was a bit slow as I was starting to learn the characters and get comfortable with storyline. I really wasn’t sure where it was going initially. Once I reached about a q
Alexandra
Pfft on Netgalley for declining me for a copy of this one (yeah, yeah, it's the publisher, not Netgalley). Number twelve of a series I've consistently enjoyed. Who better to review this? Someone who hasn't read the first eleven? Please.

Fine. For me writing reviews for further installments of a series is hard anyway, I mean people who have read the first eleven are gonna have a pretty good idea what to expect they'll be getting, and those that haven't won't likely care.

No big, I'm gonna buy it an
Anna Lee Huber
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Georgie and her adventures continue to be an absolute delight. Bowen’s terrific series is filled with laughter, capers, and an entire cast of unforgettable characters; and the latest installment, FOUR FUNERALS AND MAYBE A WEDDING, is certain to please new readers and long-time fans of the series alike. The road to matrimony may not run smoothly for Georgie and her darling Darcy, but readers are most definitely in for a rip-roaring good time.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Georgie always seems to draw the short end of the stick in life and manages to get herself in the worst predicaments- (It wouldn't be Georgie if she didn't) but it was nice to see that things are finally looking up for her!! : )

*I received this ARC from First to Read in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Susan Johnson
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun romp with Lady Georgiana and her beau, Darcy. They are finally getting married and Georgie has given up her place on the line for the throne (I think it was 35th anyway). Now the planning for the wedding and married life begins.

The Queen wants an elaborate wedding at Westminister Cathedral with the heads of all the royal houses in attendance. Georgie is appalled but agrees to have the little princesses, Margaret and Elizabeth, as bridesmaids. All the beloved characters are assemble
Beth
If you took the movie 4 Weddings and a Funeral and placed it in 1930's then you'd get this cute novel, Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding.

Funtastic read. A proper, historical, British murder mystery and all the tea to back it up...

I received this ARC copy of Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding from Berkley. This is my honest and voluntary review. Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding is set for publication August 7, 2018.

My Rating: 4 stars
Written by: Rhys Bowen
Series: A Royal Spyness Mystery
Sequence
Thea
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Lit Bitch
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Royal Spyness mystery series is one that has been gifted and recommended to me more times than I can count. I literally have three copies of the first book from my mom because she keeps forgetting that she already recommended it to me.

So clearly it’s a book that people want me to read. I just haven’t thought about it when I am looking for something to read. I am no stranger to Rhys Bowen’s books though. She writes beautifully and I love reading her stand alone books!

Finally, after all this t
Susan in NC
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok, three stars, as in “it was okay”, because I’ve read every book in the series and enjoyed many of them, but some outings have felt like padding, and this was one of them.

I just couldn’t get into it, and didn’t know why; I got so frustrated, I even looked ahead to the last few pages to see (view spoiler)so I figured I’d finish the book, but skimmed the last third or so.

Anyway, Georgie and Darcy are looking for a home for w
Courtney
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
*Listened to the audiobook*
I think i finally fell out of love with this series. I really hate to write a negative review because I am in love with the characters. The tribute to Katherine Kellgren was touching. The newer voice was fantastic and did a great job of picking up the novel.

My actual problem is that I don't believe Georgie is maturing through this series. She seems to actually become more annoying as the series goes forward. (view spoiler)
Louise
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
i have really enjoyed this series and its cast of characters. This one, unfortunately, was not up to par. Georgie came across as weirdly adolescent, especially where her fiancé Darcy was concerned. The chemistry between the two of them was nonexistent and if Georgie persists with her jealousy, I’m not sure how their marriage could last. The mystery had potential but was not developed beyond the barest bones. There were lots of descriptions of meals and clothing though. I hope the next one in the ...more
Cathy Daniel
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Mystery started late, I knew the whole deal as soon as they came on scene and Georgie is incredibly clueless in this book but my goodness is this series so enjoyable!!!!
Monnie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hang with me here: With a fast-approaching release date, this book was next up on my list of advance review copies from the publisher (via NetGalley) and I really needed to get it done. Problem was, one of my top 5 favorite New York Times best-selling mystery/thriller authors had a just-out book that was screaming my name. Oh well, I said - this one's not a 500-pager; I'll hurry through it and get on to the one I really want to read. Well, hurry through it I did - but the reason took an about-fa ...more
Clare O'Beara
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked this lively mystery in which Lady Georgie is planning her wedding to impecunious Anglo-Irishman Darcy. This is a book of two halves. The first part describes all the plans and hassles of marrying a Catholic while being thirty-something in line to the throne. She's wondering if they'll ever manage it and who will pay the cost of a royal wedding, with dress fittings and the difficulty of finding a flat the pair can afford in 1930s London.
Georgie's uncle over in South America writes and inv
Karen
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delight and a must read! Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding from author Rhys Bowen is a spectacular read. I have loved this series since book one and they truly just blow my mind with each new book. This one is well thought out and full of twists and turns as well as that perfect cozy happy ending. Main Character Lady Georgiana is very easy to relate too, very much the unsuspecting sleuth, and all around amazing lady. In this book she is about to marry, still pretty much penniless and very much ...more
Betty
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, e-books, historical
In the I
12th book of Her Royal Spyness series, Lady Georgiana Rannoch is in London to plan her wedding. With all the problems with her plans, she is sorry they didn't manage to elope. She is still waiting for her degree allowing her to marry Darcy than Queen Mary invites herself to the wedding and suggested that the princess be bridesmaids, the church Darcy wants to be married and Georgiana must be approved by the Catholic church. Her Mother has joined her as her German boyfriend's Father has pa
Kathy
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Royal Spyness series is one of my favorites. Sometimes you just need a read that is always fun, full of adventure, peopled by outrageously wonderful characters, and constant with witty conversations. And, having been a fan for so long of Lady Georgie and watching her character gaining firmer footing in her world, I am thrilled that the series has come to the point of this book, Georgie and Darcy set to wed and live happily ever after. Well, readers of this series know that wedding or no, the ...more
Yvonne
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Weddings are in the air this summer for Lady Georgiana (aka Georgie). Her mother and grandfather are preparing for their respective weddings. The best of all is her own wedding to Darcy O’Mara in just a few weeks. There is quite a bit of planning to do, but first they must find a suitable place to call home. As luck would have it, one of her mother’s former husbands, Sir Hubert, offers his estate to Georgie and her future husband. They eagerly accept this invitation.

While Darcy leaves town on bu
Andy
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This series has been going downhill for a while. The main thing that made me continue was the talent of the narrator, as I noted in my review of the last book. Well, bad news: the narrator died! She will be missed.
Mark Baker
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, 2018
Lady Georgianna, Georgie to her friends, is finally planning her wedding to Darcy O’Mara. However, before they get married, they need to figure out where they are going to live. The answer comes from an unlikely place, and soon Georgie is out to the country to get their new home ready for them. She isn’t surprised when she arrives to find the house is running on a minimal staff, but the staff that is there is extremely surprising. Something is definitely up, but can Georgie figure out what is go ...more
Christina/ The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life!
I love this addicting series! 💖 Action, humor, mystery, and romance what more could you ask for! I hope there are more books coming in this series.
Linda
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it

Georgie is back, this time planning her wedding as both her mother and grandfather are planning theirs. She’s dealing with wedding dress drama, her royal relatives inviting themselves, and Darcy’s (usual) absence when she receives a welcome invitation from Sir Hubert, one of her mother’s ex-husbands. Sir Hubert always had been fond of Georgie, and in fact had made her his heir, and he invites her to take residence permanently on his estate. Georgie had very fond memories of her time the
Jonathan
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, Georgie is a delight.
Maryann
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Georgie does not disappoint!
Carol
Lady Georgiana Rannoch is getting ready for her
upcoming wedding to Darcy O'Mara. She is staying
at Princess Zou Zou house in London as she is flat
broke. Georgianna is a cousin to the Royal family as
she is the granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
Darcy and Georgianna are looking for a place to live
after they are married. They cannot find what they
want.
Queen Mary invite the Royals to the wedding. The
Queen offers them a place for their honeymoon.
The Queen also asks Georgianna to have two younger
princes
Deanna
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s a big stretch to give this one 3 stars.

In this, the 12th installation I think, the heroine has inexplicably morphed from an energetic, clever, proudly independent, distinctly egalitarian distant-royal who seems at least as at home with the servant class as any other, to the opposite. And not in a likable, humorous, or otherwise redemptive way.

The story was as predictable as ever, but this time the company of the characters along the way did not make it a worthwhile journey.

So, maybe anot
Chanel Cleeton
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Rhys Bowen does it again! Brimming with wit, charm, rich historical detail, a lovable cast of characters, and a great mystery set at an atmospheric English estate, the latest installment in this beloved Royal Spyness series is simply delightful. Lady Georgiana Rannoch is firmly cemented as one of the great fictional sleuths of our time. This is historical mystery at its finest!
Selah Pike
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgie and Darcy are delightful as ever—although there wasn’t enough Darcy in this one!
Lesa Divine
Book 12. I've made it this far and with every book I find myself enjoying the mystery of it all. Gotta love the characters they grow a lot.

So Georgiana is looking forward to her wedding with Darcy. While they trying to find a place to live and plan a wedding she's giving a nice house in the country to live in as she pleased and the house comes with a crew of cleaners, butler, cook, maid etc. But something isn't right with the crew as Georgiana sees it.
The more she sneaks around the more she find
  • An Act of Villainy (Amory Ames Mystery #5)
  • A Purely Private Matter (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries, #2)
  • The Prisoner in the Castle (Maggie Hope Mystery #8)
  • Death Comes to the School (Kurland St. Mary Mystery #5)
  • Murder Most Malicious (A Lady & Lady's Maid Mystery, #1)
  • A Medal for Murder (Kate Shackleton, #2)
  • Uneasy Lies the Crown (Lady Emily #13)
  • Nobody's Sweetheart Now: The First Lady Adelaide Mystery
  • To Die but Once (Maisie Dobbs, #14)
  • A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery, #1)
  • The Corpse at the Crystal Palace (Daisy Dalrymple, #23)
  • Away with the Fairies (Phryne Fisher, #11)
"I'm a New York Times bestselling mystery author, winner of both Agatha and Anthony awards for my Molly Murphy mysteries, set in 1902 New York City.

I have recently published two internationally bestselling WWII novels, one of them a #1 Kindle bestseller, the other selling almost half a million copies to date.

I also write the Agatha-winning Royal Spyness series, about the British royal family in th

Her Royal Spyness (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1)
  • A Royal Pain (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #2)
  • Royal Flush (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #3)
  • Royal Blood (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #4)
  • Naughty in Nice (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #5)
  • The Twelve Clues of Christmas (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #6)
  • Heirs and Graces (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #7)
  • Queen of Hearts (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #8)
  • Malice at the Palace (Her Royal Spyness, #9)
  • Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness, #10)