Start by marking “Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths

Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
There's an ironic beauty between humanity's love of Life and fear of Death. Life seemingly brings joy, happiness, hope, and love. Death can end sadness, illness, suffering, and pain. We asked writers to "Let the title and quote take your imagination, your story, wherever it wants to go."

Join them now as an international blend of authors, both fresh and seasoned, bring you
Published November 14th 2017 by Left Hand Publishers, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths

David Watson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths is an anthology edited by Karen T. Newman that's all about death. Even though that's the subject matter the mood isn't always dark. This anthology spans several genres including Science fiction, horror, mystery and even some humor. Well written and well-edited, this book may be long but it's hard to put down.There aren't any bad stories here but to keep this review from being to long, I decided to just talk about a few stories:

Family Ties by Cara Fox deals with a d
Paul Metheney
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Aside from the two stories I have in this book, which I do not include in the review, this is an excellent anthology. The premise comes from an old saying: “Life asked Death, ‘Why do people love me, but hate you?’
Death responded, ‘Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.’ ” ~Anonymous

The authors have created a variety of stories that range from the supernatural to the macabre. These short stories will have you pondering the relationship between Life, Death, truth, and lies and
Amy Shannon
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly amazing anthology.

Every author in this anthology should be commended for their work in this collection. Bringing in life and death into a collection of stories, all by different authors, and how their writing is varies, but brings to life, this grand collection. I believe there was a lot of thought into what authors would be contributing their work, and how this work will be displayed. I've read each of the 23 stories, and enjoyed each one. The love of life, humanity, mankind, and
J. Blesse
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Excluding my story “Slosh” from this review, there are some incredible pieces of short fiction in this anthology. Among my favorites

With Infinite Complacency by Steve Cameron
In Dark Places by Robert James
Again and Again by A.G. Lopes
Heaven’s Eyes by S.R. Betler
The Devil’s Embrace by S.D. Hintzsche
The Look by Robert Petyo
Pondering Eternity Over Waffles at Last Call by JCC Downing

Proud to have “Slosh” among these stories.
Tim Smith
Jun 15, 2018
Nickel Crow
May 18, 2018
Carrie
Nov 14, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristine
Nov 16, 2017
Kristin Smith
Nov 17, 2017
Anna Booher
Nov 17, 2017
A.G. Lopes
Nov 17, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle Chlada
Nov 28, 2017
Terri Bruce
Dec 13, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Mar 28, 2018
Chris Roome
Jul 14, 2018
S.D. Hintz
Jul 28, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)