Start by marking “Desperately Seeking Santa” as Want to Read:
Desperately Seeking Santa

Desperately Seeking Santa

Journalism student Gabe Martin gets his first professional assignment—to write about a Christmas charity dinner that benefits a children’s home. It sounds like a total snooze-fest until Gabe learns that the event’s Santa is a mystery man. He shows up in costume and no one has a clue who he is. Uncovering Santa’s identity sounds like the perfect angle to turn a fluff piece ...more
Published November 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Desperately Seeking Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperately Seeking Santa

Start your review of Desperately Seeking Santa
Judith
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Eli Easton's seasonal stories have kind of become a part of Christmas for me and this one is no exception.A sweet,slow burn holiday treat.

Shame on me,I know,but I haven't read Superhero which is Owen and Jordan's story,who feature here but that definitely didn't spoil my enjoyment of this.

Student,Gabe Martin is excited to get his first journalism assignment,covering a Christmas charity event at a children's home.Determined to make it a good one he jumps at the chance to find out more abo
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Eli Easton writes the best Christmas stories! I look forward to them every single year.

Desperately Seeking Santa has an extra sweet surprise: Owen and Jordan (from Easton's Superhero) are secondary characters in the story, and we get to see them living their HEA four years later (as seniors in college).

I LOVED seeing these guys again, but if you haven't read Superhero (which is a tragedy indeed), this book works perfectly fine as a standalone.

It's Jordan who drags Gabriel to a wrestling m
☆ Todd
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

Outgoing and outspoken, senior journalism student Gabe was impatient to get his first investigative assignment, but was given a feel-good, Holiday fluff piece on a children's home benefit, instead. He just knew it would be a snooze-fest, until he got wind of a mystery surrounding the event's Santa.

Senior engineering student Mack was the undefeated 285 pound wrestler at the University of Wisconsin, but "The Mountain" persona only paid for his college fees, it wasn't who Mack really was at hea
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I want to start this review by saying that I liked this book. LIKED IT! But, friends, this is Eli Easton, and so, naturally, my expectations were super sky high.

My review is going to seem like it's a bit focused on the negatives, but overall this was a cute holiday story. I love a size difference between MCs, and I thought that there was something special under my little issues. That being said, I had some issues.

The romance itself just wasn't there for me. The connection between the two MCs d
Karla
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

"Desperately Seeking Santa" is my second book by this author I had forgotten how crazy good her writing is and I definitely need to read more by her.

A perfect read for this holiday season with a message of love, finding it when you least expect it and realizing you don't have to lose or sacrifice your dreams to have the one you love. The main characters were both great but I gotta say I had a special like to Gabe, loved his inner monologue they had me cracking up especially his rando
Meags
3.5 Stars

In my early days of reading M/M romance I discovered a book called Superhero and promptly began a charming love-affair with the wonderful stories of Eli Easton. Her yearly Christmas releases are always at the top of my holiday reading list, so when I heard that this year’s offering was going to be set in the same universe as Superhero and would sufficiently feature Owen and Jordan as supporting characters, I was 100% in for whatever this new story had to offer.

The focus couple in Desper
.Lili.
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, mm-holidays

Desperately Seeking Santa by Eli Easton is the holiday story Gabe, a college student assigned to write a story about holiday charity event, and Mack a gentle giant who is a star wrestler at the University of Wisconsin. It is definitely lust at first sight for Gabe, but Mack's not one to open up quickly.

Some highlights:

-The first person narrative. Typically not my favorite but Gabe was a character whose head I enjoyed being in and the author did a nice job letting us in on what Mack was thi
Exina
Story and characters
The blurb says it all.

Narration
Told in Gabe’s POV, in first person.

Romance
I can’t say it was undeveloped, I just couldn’t feel it.

Conflict
Gabe managed to make a win-win situation out of the conflict – it was superb, I loved it.

Erotica
Low steam. It was seriously lacking. I’m thinking of the first sex scene (at 84%!) - I expected it explosive, not lukewarm, especially after Mack said he (view spoiler)!

Writing style
Here and t
Jewel
Sometimes Christmas wishes do come true...

Desperately Seeking Santa was a heartwarming and feel-good Christmas story -- just how I like them. While I'm one that prefers a fair amount of angst in my books, one exception would be Christmas stories where I really want people to just get with the happy program. I mean, it's Christmas! Eli Easton does not disappoint.

Gabe Martin has been assigned to cover a story for the local newspaper where he interns. He's disappointed in the 'feel-good' fluff
Nick Pageant
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Ho ho ho. Shake that big belly, fat man.

Eli Easton is my Christmas go-to for warm fuzzies. Make some hot cocoa and stir it with a candy cane while you give this a read. You'll feel merry and bright.
BWT (Belen)
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Journalism student Gabe Martin has been assigned what he thinks of as a boring article about the annual Elk's charity Christmas dinner - and is looking for a way to make it more exciting. He thinks he has a lead when he's told how the Santa that comes every year to give all the kids from the local children's home gifts is a mystery.

Mack McDonall is a university wrestling star. At 6'10" and having to keep his weight down to 285 to compete, he's undefeated. He hasn't had the easiest life, but he's
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I think if you’re a fan of Easton and especially a fan of Superhero, then this quasi sequel/spin off will be right up your alley.

This has a lot going for it. College setting, athletes being sporty, and the giant of all gentle giants!! However, because this is Easton, I wanted a more emotional punch to the guts, I wanted the craziest of UST, and all the feels she could give me. I know. Unrealistic high expectations are just that. Unrealistic.

Overall, this still was enjoyable, easy, holid
CrabbyPatty
In a nutshell, Desperately Seeking Santa is a sweet YA romance (both MCs are about 21 years old) and a heartwarming holiday story. AND we get to revisit Jordan and Owen from Eli Easton's wonderful Superhero. What's not to like?

Gabe is a journalism student (and intern at the Wisconsin State Journal), struggling with a routine filler story about an upcoming Christmas Charity Party sponsored by the local Elks. When he learns that no one know the identity of their Santa, he sees the beginning of a
Denise H.
**Tremendous Christmas based romance with lots of heart !
This is an adorable, funny, witty, Christmas story by the amazing writer, Eli Easton !
Gabe, 21, is assigned to write an article

about the Elks Christmas Charity Dinner. How can he make this exciting? His friends are Jordan and Owen, who bring Gabe along to the UW wrestling match. Wrestling is a big deal in Wisconsin ( I know because I was raised there) and Owen's on the team. Then, Gabe saw "him"- Mack "the Mountain" McDonall.

At 7'tall
Cadiva
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

There's some things which you can rely on and one of those is that if Eli Easton releases a Christmas novella it will be an utter delight.

This one is wonderful as it heads back into Easton's Superhero territory with a romance for Jordy and Owen's two friends Gabe and Mack. Mack is the mountain of a wrestler on the Badgers team with Owen, Gabe is a journalism student.

Their initial meetings are a contrast in humorous dialogue and sparks of distrust as Gabe tries to find an angle to work over
Karen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

Everything happens for a reason...

When Gabe Martin's friend, Jordan, finally convinces him to go to a college wrestling match with him to cheer for their team but more importantly Jordan's boyfriend Owen, whom, those who have read Ms. Easton's book 'Superheroes', will recognize as the MCs from that story but if you're like me and you haven't read 'Superheroes' yet you can read this story without worry.

Now back to Gabe accompanying
Lost in a Book
Group read with Adam & Chelsea.

3.5 Stars

Want a feel good, low drama holiday read? This fits the bill with its fluffy, low angst, and likable characters. I liked it, but it didn’t blow my elf socks off like Easton typically does. While many readers may want a feel good, easy peasy holiday romance, I’m all gimme my angst, kindle combusting steam and then seal it with sweetness. *shrug*

Gabe Martin, college senior and aspiring journalist has been assigned to cover the annual Elks Christmas Charity d
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I think I tend to rate Christmas stories with a tad more leniency than I would a regular read but I am struggling with this one. I'll leave it at 3★'s but I really feel like it was only a 2★'s = it was ok read.

I just didn't feel the connection between these two and truly it took a bit of time for me to warm up to Gabe at all.

I didn't like the set up for the drama either.

There was just something off about this for me.

♥Sharon♥
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it

We'll that was kind of sweet. A fun holiday read. 🎅 🎄
~Kristin~
4.5 Stars
My first holiday story of the season, and it was fantastic!
Mónica BQ
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Español de la pinche verga.

A big part of me wants to dissect every single sentence and/or words in Spanish that are incorrectly translated, misused, misspelled, grammatically wrong or just plain fastidious in this crap of a book. But honestly, ¿para qué me molesto? Nada más haría un coraje brutal. So suffice it to say, not even Google Translate can do such a fucking shit of a job as the one that's done in this book.

Seriously, why the do authors continue to do this? Is there no shame in knowing y
Len Evans Jr
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think that this story is about as perfect as a Christmas story can get! Of course it doesn't hurt that I am totally in love with Mack, Gabe is a close second too! I definitely now have to read everything else Ms. Easton has written, she managed to push all of my buttons with this story and many of them repeatedly. Just love her characters and story-telling. A MUST read for any fan of an awesome Christmas love story!
Adam
Tag team review with Lost in a Book and Chelsea!

As always, Eli Easton delivers on the holiday cheer and romance.

description

Journalism student Gabe Martin decides to liven up his first assignment by exposing the secret Santa of a local Christmas charity dinner. He thinks it’s a great idea, but it puts him directly at odds with his crush.

Mack “The Mountain” McDonall is the university’s star wrestler. He keeps his sexuality under wraps, but he’s definitely interested in Gabe.

I thoroughly enjoyed El
Liam Elliot
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
D'aww.

It was cute.

We see the characters from Superhero again, and this is their friends Gabe and Mack. It was set in Madison, WI, and let me tell you what. My. Pitchfork. Was. Ready. I was sure there were going to be glaring errors about Madison or Wisconsin, but the best I can come up with is that there is no Perkins that close to campus and wrestling isn't really that big here. High school wrestling is big in Wisconsin, but college ... meh. It's football, men's hockey, basketball, women's hock
Lisazj1
Over the past few years, it just doesn't seem like Christmas to me until I've read a few Christmas stories to get that warm and fuzzy holiday feel that these books give me. And Eli Easton consistently leads the pack in my book for holiday stories.

I loved how Gabe's viewpoint shifted, as he got to know Mack more, got to know more of his life and how it had shaped him. I loved how it changed what was important to Gabe. I felt like I watched him learn what "journalistic integrity" should always mea
Tess

Just the heartwarming holiday romance that I needed! I especially loved the slow burn. Probably up there with my favourite Eli Easton holiday romance - Unwrapping Hank.
Chris
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
4.5 stars - this was a sweet read ❤️ low angst, warm hearts and really made me smile. This was just what I needed right now - feel good !
Amanda
I thought Christmas theme novella usually is just a take it or leave it kind of feel good story. I honestly don't remember much of them after a month of so. But this is Eli Easton we are talking about and she did give me a memorable one. If you were to read one Christmas story, you won't go wrong with Desperately Seeking Santa.

The story was told from a journalism student, Gabe's POV. It was hilarious and coffee choking kind of funny. I love his ambitious nature and full on sarcasm about everythi
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Why didn't I realize I missed this holiday story from one of my favorite authors? I must have been buried under a rock that year. Well, that's been corrected now and I'm in the spirit.

There was a lot to like about this book. After all, Eli Easton has a beautiful way of telling a story that rarely disappoints me. Add to that Jordy and Owen were featured secondary characters and that made my day. Their book, Superhero is one of my favorite favorites and is heavily featured on my reread list so to
Ami

I like Eli Easton's holiday stories before ... so when I learned that she is releasing another holiday story this year, with the characters from Superhero making appearance as well, I jumped in the chance to ask for the advanced copy.

Desperately Seeking Santa is written from Gabriel "Gabe" Martin's perspective. He is a good friend of Jordan (from Superhero) and works at Wisconsin State Journal. When Gabe is 'dragged' by Jordan to watch Owen's wrestling match (it's so good to know th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Top to BOTM Book ...: December BOTM: Desperately Seeking Santa - Eli Easton 1 9 Dec 19, 2017 06:17AM

• Secret Santa
  • Not Just for Christmas
  • In Case of Emergency
  • Eight Nights in December
  • Love Happens Anyway
  • A Christmas Promise (Christmas Promise, #1)
  • A Very Henry Christmas (The Weight of It All #1.5)
  • On Davis Row
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • The Christmas Fling (Christmas Town, #1)
  • Regret Me Not
  • Ice, Snow, & Mistletoe (Ice and Snow Christmas, #2)
  • Spring Strings
  • Gemini Keeps Capricorn (Signs of Love, #3)
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • A Viking for Yule
  • Finders Keepers
  • Don't Plan to Stay
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

News & Interviews

“Mack stared at me with an amused little frown, like I was an idiot but maybe sort of a cute one? Fair enough.” 0 likes