Start by marking “Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire: 50 Loving States-Connecticut (Ruthless Tycoons Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire: 50 Loving States-Connecticut

(Ruthless Tycoons Series #1)

Forbidden Love...

Holt Calson was born with an 11-figure spoon in his mouth to one of the wealthiest families in the world. The night they met, Sylvie Pinnock only had 11 dollars in her purse, and it was all the money she had in the world.

Published December 17th 2017 by Rom Tell That

To ask other readers questions about Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire

Rosie J.
Holt and Sylvie, two people who would've never met under normal circumstances, find a connection that eventually turns into first love. Holt has a painful past which he tries to numb through a variety of agents. Sylvie finds him during a high and low point in his life. Through choice, Holt is cut off from human interaction through fear save his two best friends and weekly moochers. Meeting Sylvie is a breath of fresh air until it's not. As with most first loves, sometimes they can't stand the te ...more
Mstcat
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: can-t-loan-this, arc
I hate to say it, but it's true... I didn't really care for this book.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but it's mine so I'm sticking with it. As a fan of this author, I really do look forward to reading her work. With that, I really do expect her work to continue to grow. This book doesn't reflect that in my opinion. The writing here wasn't terrible and as always Theodora Taylor can tell a story. Unfortunately, this seems like the same story that I've read on several occasions
*Dee's Book Carousel*
Bravoooo Theodora Taylor! You've done it again with yet another descriptive state and "Holt, Her Ruthless Billionaire: 50 Loving States-Connecticut (Ruthless Tycoon #1)"! Holt and Sylvie's story was an enthralling journey to read. It was funny without being silly. It was sexy without being too smutty and foremost, the H/h were both relatable to me due to their sad and flawed past experiences thus making them imperfect yet perfect for each other in a somewhat forbidden relationship.

So without gi
Deloris
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What I loved about Holt? He wasn’t afraid to say I love you from the beginning . He didn’t play games he opened himself up to love . But Holt had baggage that made it hard for Sylvie to stay , his father and his addiction . Two things that eventually send the in two different directions , Love still between them , but not enough to keep them together . When Holt runs in to Sylvie ten years later , that’s when the fire 🔥 starts! I enjoyed this book , the kids were great , the lessons the author i ...more
★Codie Abibliophobic ★
DNF 20%

Since I didn't make it far, I won't be rating it. Three plots/themes I absolutely hate in romance:

-Revenge
-Second Chance
-Billionaires + Virgins/ Billionaires + poor heroine/ Asshole Billionaires (only)

Everything I hate is what this book is. Plus there was this scene where something happens that's terribly unrealistic and just sad. This is a no for me.
Karen's Bookshelf
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Holt and Sylvie's story. I laughed, got emotional, felt angry and then celebrated right along with this couple. The characters were a joy to get to know and their journey of finding their way engrossing. Ms Taylor has a way of building characters that you hate one minute and love the next, and Holt was definitely one. I enjoyed the ride immensely and can't wait to see what's up next in the Ruthless Tycoons series.
Xyla Turner
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Theodora does it again! Another exciting and wild ride with Holt and Sylvia. Love the kids, story line and the craftsmanship. Highly recommend!
EbonyMonae
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I waited patiently for this book and it was good. It was just rushed to me. The characters were developed well but I felt like the problems they had could of been explained better.
Lynn
Aug 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
♡Meme♡Reads love♡
Well, this was really good it was like watching a novella series on Telemundo! I know your thinking girl you serious?
Yaaasss I'm serious I love those shows wish they would caption them in English though so I know what they're saying lol.
Anyhoo this had great drama with some twist and turns kept up at night reading till my eyes burned. Holt and Sylvie's story was for me, bittersweet. I can't wait to find out what happens next with his two friends.

Heres my couple

Dora Koutsoukou
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 💖🌟🌟🌟🌟s!
MB (What she read)
I've read a couple of books by Taylor now and I have complicated feelings about them.

The general plot progression is usually the same. Due to the usual economic disparity and racial differences between the main characters, and the way the powerful one uses his power in an abusive way, bothers me. In that sense, they feel kind of old skool romance or dark fantasyish to this reader.
In a way, reading these plots are to similar to reading about a slave falling in love with her owner. I can
Coco.V
Feb 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/17/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Forbidden Love...

They were never supposed to meet, much less be together. But Holt didn't care. He just wanted Sylvie. And what Calsons want, Calsons get.

For one blazing summer, they had it all...until everything fell apart with a te
Scarlett Se Leva
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Boring

The book started out interesting but after a couple chapters it went downhill. It became boring. Jamaicans don't say, "Mon" all the time. It was also placed awkwardly in sentences, which made no sense.
Debra Crosby
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From beginning to end this was a great story. Holt and Slyvie shared a summer of loving and living together but it ended abruptly because of Holts demons and other influences. The story is well written with characters that are fully developed although far from perfect. one of those books that you want to keep reading but at the same time don't want to finish
Mrs. Strawhat
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
What?

I did not read anything after chapter 3. I couldn't! What was this book?

The main girl is Jamaican, and dark skinned which is super cool to me because I'm from Jamaica and also black.

Her dialogue is so sfiff, who talks like her, anywhere?

I love the idea of this book although I was just expecting another alpha storyline but I'm personally offended by this book. I didn't look for the authors ethnicity or race but this person has never met any Jamaicans.

Nene
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed!

Totally enjoyed this storyline. I liked to two main characters,the suspense was good. Holt father and her mother was not good people.
Miss D.
4.5 for me. I really enjoyed this story. I thought it would actually be darker, so it was a surprise that it has dark elements but it more angsty than truly dark.

Sylvie is a poor girl who just graduated from school and is looking for work when she meets Holt at a party. Holt is a very rich young man with a serious drug problem among other issues. He is a total mess when Sylvie first meets him. A warm, nurturing soul, Sylvie is both drawn to Holt and extremely wary of him due to his use of recre
Michaela
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Young Love

And here we have a story of love that began in a high rise. With a boy so broken and starved for love and a girl who is discovering the new meaning the word has taken on. Holt and Sylvie found a young love that neither of them were mature enough to handle. Holt with his drug and alcohol abuse, just couldn't handle freely given affection without trying to manipulate it. And Sylvie had to learn to become her own woman capable of loving herself, instead of an enabler.

These two learned a
Latifah Scott
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This!!!

When I initially read the novella of the first few chapters, I was not sure how I would like this story. Rich boy meets insecure girl ... Been there done that.

HOWEVER, what Theodora Taylor managed to do in this story was provide more than just a typical knight in shining armor story. The characters were nuanced and real. People are imperfect. They are molded and influenced by their circumstances. This story showed that in all of its "splendor". There were unexpected twists and things th
Sonia
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lost potential.

The start of the story had great potential; then it was downhill after that. Very disjointed story with a very, very limited HEA, much unnecessary and unconnected angst and lots of preaching and editorializing that just cluttered the story. The h did not grow a backbone until about 95 percent of the book... the HEA started at about 98 percent. The h rationale for having sex, I believe the author called it hate-f$$k, was simply bad business. The sad part is that there was the basis
Tracey
Author Theodore Taylor in her interracial/multicultural romance Holt: Her Ruthless Billionaire explores a relationship between Holt and Sylvie two people from a very different background. While I like the story, Holt and Sylvie's first time read more like Sylvie was in a dream state, so much like that drug-induced fog Holt found himself in the first time they met. These two went through so far at the hand of his father and Holt's lack of forgiveness when they meet again; you can tell that the lo ...more
M.J. Friday
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gets me every time..

I love this series(if you can even call it a series) each story is wonderfully unique yet, each one has a little nod to other books in the series. I cannot get enough of this author,all of her books just grab my attention and hold it hostage. Sylvie and Holt were fire! This romance was wow! can’t wait for more
Debra Spears
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haha

Holt is such an a$$. Haha I loved it. Never a dull moment in the book. Always an unexpected surprise in store for you. I would have liked a little more of their HEA but I know I will see more of them in future books.
Kashi Ashley  Lowe
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story. Totally worth the read. I'm excited to read Zahir and Prim's story
Sheena Johnson
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Okay so I thought that this book would mirror the Russian Billionaire storyline featuring my boy Alex I Rustanov, but in a way it did but in other ways it didn't. Although a relative threatened Sylvie just as Eva was in Her Russian Billionaire, that's where similarities end. Holt was a troubled soul and Sylvie gave him that peace of mind his soul craved. That authenticity that you can't find within the lifestyle of the extremely rich circles. I don't believe in giving away the storyline
Flip
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow

I liked it I had two other books to read before I can read this one. But I did enjoy what I read.
Tiffany
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m not going to lie, I was really hesitant when it came to reading this book. I’ve read some books in the past where all the authors got where “5 star” reviews and when I read the book, I was deeply disappointed.

The books started off slow to me and started to pick up around 45% in. I have to say, I’m not a fan of books when I read about the h keeping their child a secret from H. I figured that out pretty quick but I still gave the book a chance.

This story is about Holt (I LOVE that name) and S
Jessica
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“No, wait,” I say, siting up in bed. “You can stay. How about if I-?”
Jamaica cuts me off with an apologetic shake of her head. “I’m so sorry. But of course I must go with her. She is my friend.”
“Yeah, she’s your friend, but I’m Holt Calson.”
I don’t realize I have said this aloud until Jamaica’s head jerks back and her friend says, “Oh wow, you did not just say that!”
After a beat of stunned silence Jamaica says, I know who you are. But I really must go now.
No, fuck that. This girl has no idea ho
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Girl Across the Hall
  • The Wedding
  • Twisted Minds (Twisted Minds #1)
  • Obsessed (Obsessed #1)
  • Love Me Harder (Love Never Fails Book 3)
  • Loving Kyla (Love Stories, #1)
  • Perfectly Mixed
  • Operation Atonement
  • My Storm (Bennett Brothers, #2)
  • G.I. BABY
  • Alpha
  • Awe-Struck (Struck #2)
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • Chained to the Devil's Son
  • Hope Blooms
  • Trent (Across the Aisle #1)
  • Sasha: The Wallflower (The Wallflower Series, #1)
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
Theodora Taylor writes hot books with heart. When not reading, reviewing or writing, she enjoys spending time with her amazing family, going on dating nights with her wonderful husband, and attending parties thrown by others.

Visit her at www.theodorataylor.com and at Facebook.com/theodorataylorauthor.

Ruthless Tycoons Series (2 books)
  • ZAHIR - Her Ruthless Sheikh: 50 Loving States, New Jersey (Ruthless Tycoons, #2)