Start by marking “Two Feet Under (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Feet Under (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #3)

Two Feet Under

(Lindenshaw Mysteries #3)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Things are looking up for Adam Matthews and Robin Bright—their relationship is blossoming, and they’ve both been promoted. But Robin’s a policeman, and that means murder is never far from the scene.

When a body turns up in a shallow grave at a Roman villa dig site—a body that repeatedly defies identification—Robin finds himself caught up in a world of petty rivalries and de
Published January 8th 2018 by Riptide Publishing (first published January 6th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Two Feet Under, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Feet Under

BWT (Belen)
A bit slow paced, but for those who enjoy a good British Mystery story, it provided enough red herrings to be unsure of just who the killer was. I thought there might be a bit more romance, but it's definitely a back burner item.

Though I haven't read the rest of the series, I wasn't terribly lost with what had happened in the past or what was happening at the present. All in all, it was okay but never quite thrilled.

Advanced Review Galley copy of Two Feet Under (Lindenshaw Mysteries #3) provided
Chris, the Dalek King
I’m doing real well this week on the mystery front, as Cochrane‘s newest addition to the Lindenshaw Mysteries series knocks it right out the park. I’ve yet to grow tired of Robin and Adam’s ridiculously sweet relationship, or the many-twisted mysteries that surround them. Focusing more on Robin this time around, this book gives us a closer look at his job as a Chief Inspector, as he struggles to solve the case of a dead woman dug up at a local archeological dig. He is not helped by the fact that ...more
books are love
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received in exchange for a honest review.

The more of this series I read the more I fall in love with Robin, Adam and Campbell. I also fall in love with the mystery involved in the murders and how they are solved. We don’t see them magically get a hat pulled out of a rabbit at the last minute but are walked through the investigation. From the beginning to end.

We see how Robin thinks and comes about figuring things out and how he bounces things off of Adam to help solve the crime. Adam gives him a
Ann
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third book in the Lindenshaw Mystery series. I had little difficulty getting the background of Adam and Robin. Adam has just started his new job at a new school and Robin has been promoted in the police department. The newest murder is again involving both men but this story seems to be more about Robin and his work environment. Their dog, Campbell is also involved in the investigation. The couple's gay romance is up front in the story but not over powering in it's intensity. This is ...more
Idamus
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best one in the series so far, I hope we get to see more of these guys.

I would also really, really love to get this series in audio.
Colette
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent addition to this series, Adam and Robin are one of my favorite couples.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

Two Feet Under is the third book in Charlie Cochrane’s Lindenshaw Mysteries series and is probably best enjoyed after reading at least the book immediately previous, if not both.

This is an interesting mystery story. Don’t expect steam—there isn’t any—but there is a strong bond between Adam and Robin. They have sweet conversation, which often includes Campbell, their perceptive Newfoundland dog. Campbell doesn’t have to rescue anyone this time, which is all to the
Natalie
Adam and Robin return to solve a mystery replete with twists and turns, coping with issues on the domestic front, having Anderson as a hopefully temporary guest and assisted by Campbell, their loyal Newfie. Robin, newly promoted, is contending with new partners and working out the kinks in his new post. Adam, even working at a different school, finds connections that cross over Robin’s case but fortunately not to the level of danger he’s faced before. Campbell manages to lend a hand, or paw, to ...more
Veronica
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Adam has started a new assistant principal job at a new school and Robin is now working at a new police station. Their happy love life and relationship tick on in the background of our murder mystery.

We follow Robin from the discovery of the dead body right through to him discovering who the killer is. We are taken through many police/witness interviews and watch Robin and his team follow down leads that lead no where and le
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The third book in this series focuses on a body found during an archaeology dig. A recently promoted Robin finds himself in charge of both the investigation and a team of resentful officers.

I think this is easily the most exciting and the most carefully crafted story in this series so far. Quirky characters, complicated suspects and a small town rivalry between detectorists and amateur archaeologists make this an entertaining r
The Novel Approach Reviews
This book begins with Robin and Adam settling into new jobs. With the conclusion of that other business in Lindenshaw, they both have started anew in their respective professions. Adam has moved from Lindenshaw St. Crispins to Culdover Church of England Primary School. He’s become a deputy head-teacher, and he couldn’t be more ecstatic. Robin has moved from his old precinct to Abbotston, where he is the acting chief inspector while the current man with the job is out for a while. Getting away fr ...more
Heather
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adam Matthews and Robin Bright keep moving forward with their relationship and maintaining their homelife with beloved guard dog, Campbell. Now as they push forward with new positions in the workplace everything is looking up so what could go wrong? A spot of murder and an unexpected houseguest is what they face, throw in identiyfing Jane Doe, smug suspects, and a police leak to the media and the boys learn that maybe murder and mayhem will always find them.

I just want to start out by saying how
WycEd Reader
Check out our Two Feet Under post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Sarah – ☆☆☆☆

I think this is easily the most exciting and the most carefully crafted story in this series so far. Quirky characters, complicated suspects, and a small town rivalry between detectorists and amateur archa
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Once again this book revolves around a case and the romance is very much in the background of this book. In this book Robin is a newly promoted Chief Inspector and he's moving in with Adam who is now a Deputy Headteacher. Adam is of course trying to stay out of his cases as he's been in the middle of the last two but unfortunately Robin's first big case takes place close to Adam's new school and involves one of his student's parents.

This case was a bit confusing and there were so many characters
Kathee
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good! 4 stars, 4 big, shiny stars

I read all three books in the series to date, back-to-back, in order, in a week.

What I liked/didn't quite like:

1. Adam, a teacher, and Robin, a police inspector -- truly enjoyed these two MCs who clearly belong together. The scenes of domesticity were some of my favorites.

2. It's very British, to such an extent that some of the slang was new to me. Unfortunately, it continuously pulled me from the story, and, even worse, I didn't care enough to Google (and I
Melanie
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-cFh on 1/12

From that review: " Adam has a new job at a new school, Robin's working to combine  police officers from different locations into one group, and Robin's former Sergeant is thrown out of his house and needs putting up.  Sounds like a perfect time for a murder or two!

How I love sinking back into Charlie Cochrane's cozy mystery series, Lindenshaw Mysteries, now on it's th
Karen
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt-fiction, mystery
Both Adam and Robin are beginning new jobs: Adam as an assistant head teacher at a new school, and Robin as a Chief Inspector at a new station. Both are enjoying the challenge of their new and expanded duties, and Robin is also having to deal with a new team, many of whom resent him because of his role in bringing down some bent policemen from their station.

As this one begins, a body is found in a shallow grave at an archaeological site. It's not an ancient body and it appears that the victim wa
Suze
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robin and Adam are back!
This time Adam is much more in the background, not so involved - though still on the periphery and doing some digging around. He largely dealt with the Anderson issue. But is nice to see them being domestic, sharing the worries of their days etc. I do think that Anderson may have left earlier had they not had their ban in place!!
Robin is the new guy in a new role in a new station so doesn’t have the full respect of his constables when he needs them. So between them, a mur
Donna
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adam, Robin and Campbell are back in another convoluted tale of murder, mayhem and mystery. The boys have moved on to better jobs in different towns but a body dug up in an archeological dig gives newly minted Chief Inspector Robin Bright a puzzle that will stress even his bright mind. Adam loves his new position as deputy head teacher but is afraid that the gossip papers will make it difficult for him and Robin. And a couch surfing friend may need Campbells help to move on.
This story will have
Joe McGowan
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me guessing

This is the third in a series of British Mysteries where the main characters happen to be gay, yet the mystery is the true focus of the story. I enjoyed this book and the previous tales, because of the authenticity of the characters and the attention to details that the author presents. Additionally, the author has written for a British audience, often I had to look up words for meanings or context, and in my opinion this only added to my enjoyment. Again this is a mystery with
EmilieSA
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the cosyness and britishness of this series. Adam felt a bit left out in this book, only there because he had to be there, and I wsished the media thing had lead somewhere, but I still had a great time.
I had an idea early on of what was happening and who was the murderer, but the author was really good at throwing red herrings and making me doubt. I had doubts all the way to the end, which is always a bonus in a whodunit.
I hope the author will write more, I trully enjoy this seri
Lindsay
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Archaeology and murder

Robin is brought in for a body found at a dig. Constant questions while Adam has been promoted to Deputy Head and has his own issues which also link back to the case.
We also have Robin's old partner stopping over after an argument with his girlfriend which means Robin and Adam can't be a close couple.
A great series I love these characters and their close relationship
K
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good instalment to the series and this time.much more focused on the police investigation than the now established relationship between Adam and Robin.

The mystery was well done.. though all got a little confused towards the end. I'd worked out the leak to the press early on and t some of the other details.

I like the new crew that Robin is working with and in Adam's new school

It will be interesting to see if there are more investigations that Adam can stick his oar in.
Kathy Johnson
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a third book in the Lindenshaw Mystery series with a little MM romance thrown in. It was a great mystery with many twist and turns. Just when you thought you knew who had done it, the circumstances would change. The romance is really a minor part of the story. The characters are well developed and the story really kept me interested. Even though this is the third in the series, I did not read the first two and had no problems reading it.
Sara Andrea
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mistery, romance
I should give it 4.5 stars instead of 5 for the only reason of not featuring enough Campbell. Other than that is very fun mystery with the right amount of twists and turns to keep you guessing who did it.
Vendela
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The two previous ones are much better, unfortunately. This one needed some more editing for pacing and characterization.
Shirley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love everything about this series. I love Adam and Robin. I love the fact that no matter how far removed from one of Robin's cases Adam seems to be he always seems to get caught in the middle. I love the crazy, annoying, adorable characters that drive both Adam and Robin nuts - even though they love them dearly. And I absolutely adore Campbell (their lovable Newfoundland) who once again saved the day, even if it wasn't exactly a life or death situation. He's way more perceptive than anyone giv ...more
Didi
3.25 Stars

My favorite trio from Charlie Cochrane’s “Lindenshaw Mysteries” are back, they even got their promotions. Newly Chief Inspector Robin Bright now moves in with Deputy Headteacher Adam Matthews, and their Newfoundland doggo, Campbell. After getting involved in Robin’s previous big cases, Adam now determines to stay as far away from any murder case as possible. And of course, Robin’s first big case in the new office took place close to Adam’s new school, involving one of his student’s par
Mandy Anne
Jan 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Because Charlie Cochrane couldn't be trusted to do any of her jobs of choice—like managing a rugby team—she writes. Her mystery novels include the Edwardian era Cambridge Fellows series, series, and the contemporary Best Corpse for the Job. Multi-published, she has titles with Carina, Samhain, Riptide and Bold Strokes, among others.

A member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, Mystery People a

Lindenshaw Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Best Corpse for the Job (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #1)
  • Jury of One (Lindenshaw Mysteries, #2)