Start by marking “Old Money (Wellington Estates, #2)” as Want to Read:
Old Money (Wellington Estates, #2)

Old Money

(Wellington Estates #2)

"Families are made from love, not DNA," said her father.

Fashion designer Juhi Raina has always struggled with her identity; an Indian-American, she straddles two worlds, haunted by salacious rumors of her family. After a break-up with her fiancé, all she wants is a little distraction. But the handsome photographer threatens her uneasy status quo.

Wellington Estates heir-tur
Published November 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Old Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Money

Start your review of Old Money (Wellington Estates, #2)
Renita D'Silva
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sunanda Chatterjee is my go-to author if I need a book that will entertain and educate and leave me feeling satisfied and yet wanting more. She is one of those authors who is the reason I read. Her prose i beautiful and fluid, poetic and engaging of all the senses. Her stories transport me and her characters become friends, the book staying with me for a long time so months later, I am still thinking about the characters and the story. This book was no different. I was eagerly awaiting this as I ...more
Kavita
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
‘Families are made from love not from DNA‘ a beautiful thought that has been so aptly conveyed through this work.

Juhi Raina, I had loved her in the book 1 of the Wellington Estate series ‘Sins of the father’ . She was the friend who was unconditional and very helpful in her friendship to Laura. That’s what endeared me to her. In the first cook of the series she was in a relationship with Brad who was a cardiac surgeon. I was really intrigued to know how their relationship fared as both of them
Ju Ephraime
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chatterjee has written an interesting story about family, lies and betrayal: The three elements that make for a dramatic story, then she throws in a dash of romance, and that’s kicks the story up a notch. This then is the story of Juhi and Connor.
Juhi had a raw deal in a previous relation, which causes her to question herself and her sexuality on a daily. To take her mind off her Ex, she throws herself into her work as a dress designer and becomes very successful at it. Just as her work was pick
Arti
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The characters, as always, have been developed well and portrayed so realistically that I could relate to them. The author has described the feeling of both the protagonists in details. Juhi and Laura’s friendship and understanding is one high point of the story, as was in the previous book.
The story has been articulated in a manner that it is unputdownable and the reader always wants to know what happens next? The scenes and the timelines have been described well. This book has all the ingredi
Reshma Ranjan
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read it and loved it.

Juhi’s turmoil and her need to know her roots are so relatable that I felt her pain. And trust Ms. Chatterjee to give the most unexpected twists to her tale.

One will fall in love with Juhi and Connor’s relationship. The different phases as the relationship matures were really beautiful. The confusion, pain, and guilt was heart-wrenching, to say the least.

I can go on and on because I learned so much from this book as a reader as well as a writer. Thank you, Sunanda, for
A.
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If book no 1 of Wellington Estate was mind-blowing, then book no 2 is mind-blasting. A flawless story, no loose ends of either the storyline or the characters and impeccable story writing and fast paced makes the book just UNPUTDOWNABLE.

Just when one thinks that the story is coming to an end, Sunanda introduces a new twist which really is the best.
Having read the two, can't wait to read the third and final part of the series.

This book is must read if you like hot romance, suspense, mystery but m
BP34
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This standalone is Book 2 of the Wellington Estates. A romance that brought two people who were opposites together. One was from old money and the other was Indian American. Lots of cultural differences and families that have their own set of rules and demands. Two people who actually have more in common than one would imagine and a great bond. A beautiful love story with lots of twists and surprises. Throw in lots of drama, lies and betrayal and you have a page turning story. Well written with ...more
Ravi Bedi
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author is indeed gifted with elegant prose and a classic style one cannot fail to admire. The narrative is eloquent and her characterization is done superbly. The manner in which the author has handled the intimate scenes between Connor and Juhi, without going into cheap thrills (like many romance authors tend to do these days), filled me with joy. The restraint shown in the development of their chemistry sounded just right and thoroughly convincing.
Having said that, the tale is replete with
Annette Drewett
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story of family lies, betrayal, love and hope. Just as Juhi and Connor decide to become engaged, something from their past throws their lives into turmoil. These characters give Romeo and Juliet a run for their money. I really felt for Juhi when she found out the secret from her past and I was extremely pleased with the way the author brought it all together at the end. I enjoyed this story very much.
I am voluntarily reviewing this book.
Mette Barfelt
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book!

This is such a delightful story. It's about Juhi and Connor and their strong love for each other.
But it's not as easy as it seems. The twists and turns are many, and it's impossible for them to see a future together.
This is the kind of book where you turn the pages and want to keep reading to find out what happens next.
It's a heartwarming read.
The characters are likable and believable, and the plot is great.
The book is very well written and highly recommended.
Mary Stockwell
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

This is a very good book. Although there is more intrigue than romance. The story building is well done. I thought that the characters were interesting.
Angela Peixoto
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The nº. 2 of the series Wellington Estates turned out to be as exciting as the 1st one. I recommend both of them to everyone as they are two great books.
S
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sunanda has yet again weaved a beautiful second chance love story with intricate plot and intriguing characters & storyline which captures the readers attention from the get go and retains it until they are done with the story. Old money is the second book in the Wellington Estate series but can be read as stand alone. Juhi was one of my favorite character from the previous book, I had loved her effervescent personality and her bond with Laura so I was totally excited to read her story, Connor R ...more
Sally Foster
Jan 27, 2018
Beena Menon
Feb 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Mind Games (Mind Readers, #3)
  • The Mind Keepers (Mind Readers, #4)
  • The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (Hercule Poirot, #35)
  • Shadows in Death (In Death, #51)
  • Walking with the Dead
  • Divine Intervention (Divine Christian Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • I Never Left
  • A Royal Affair (Sravanapura Royals Book 1)
  • The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)
  • His Sunshine Girl (Sreepuram Series Book 2)
  • The Acquisition
  • The First Husband
  • Destiny's Girl
  • Bound By Duty (The Singham Bloodlines #3)
  • An Angel On Her Shoulder
  • Haunted Ground
  • Simply Irresistible
  • Leo's Desire (Written in the Stars, #2)

Wellington Estates (2 books)
  • Sins of the Father

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...