Start by marking “Arms of Mercy” as Want to Read:
Arms of Mercy

Arms of Mercy

(Amish Mercies #2)

He lost her once to a rash decision.

He will not lose her again.

On the eve of a new year, Catherine Glick is expecting her bu of five years to propose. Instead, the unexpected arrival of an old boyfriend, Elijah, sends her life spiraling out of control. When a rash decision damages her current relationship, Catherine leaves for Florida to work in her cousin’s bakery—any
Published June 5th 2018 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Arms of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arms of Mercy

Deanne Patterson
Just like the first book in this series I was blown away by this book as well. Ruth Reid has angels in her books and I am sure it is comforting to some. I hope you have a box of Kleenex with you while reading this as you'll need them. Very believable story line and while it was a bit graphically described it shows a perfect example that the Amish don't lead an idyllic life relaxing in the country baking pies all the time as some are apt to think. They have their shares of problems and heartbreak ...more
Maddy
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books, reviewed
Arms of Mercy is an Amish story full of love, faith, and tragedy. I decided to get review copy at the last minute, and I’m glad I did. The story wasn’t quite what I was expecting, but nevertheless, I really enjoyed it.

The main character, Cat, is confused about the future. Deciding that she needs to get away for awhile, she hops on a bus to Florida, where she plans to help her cousin with their family bakery. Only things are don’t go as plan from the start. Her old boyfriend finds out that she’s
Amber Stokes
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: amber-s-kindle
The first half or so of this story had me really engaged! Elijah and Catherine are interesting characters with a complicated past and conflicting feelings. Knowing the book's description from the get-go, there was an added layer of tension for me, wondering when and how the huge plot twist would arrive.

In that first half, the pacing was excellent, and there was a building sense of dread as things went from bad to worse. I wanted to know what would happen next and how things would turn out for El
Cecily Wolfe
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely and compelling story from the wonderful Ruth Reid! I had a hard time putting this one down, as Catherine was immediately likable and I wanted her to find happiness so much. What can an Amish young lady do when she wants to marry, but has waited too long for her boyfriend to propose? When she has had enough waiting and wondering, she takes matters into her own hands, which only makes the gossip and her reputation suffer, so she makes a change and takes a chance. As always, I wonder ...more
Diana Montgomery
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arms of Mercy was wonderful. This is book 2 in the Amish Mercies series. Abiding Mercy was book 1. Great series, I found it to be a great mystery as well as Amish romance. Characters are well written. Catherine is tired of not being a wife. Ready to settle down so she takes matters into her own hands. Something that is not done in the Amish community. But it doesn't go well at all. a old beau is back in town. How could he come back after what he did to her? Can he explain it to her in what littl ...more
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
ARMS OF MERCY is the second book in Ms. Reid's An Amish Mercies series, but it easily stands alone. Fans will want to read Abiding Mercy to find out more about the robbery that was referred to in this book.

ARMS OF MERCY is the story of a not-normal Amish woman, she's twenty-nine, unwed, desperate and proposes to her long-time boyfriend, then runs away when he agrees to marry her. Her former boyfriend is a widower now, and kind of stalking her, though he won't admit to it.

Ms. Reid's trademark an
Maureen Timerman
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Oh, how I loved this book, from beginning to end it didn’t disappoint, and just kept getting better.
We journey from our Amish Community in Michigan on our way to an Amish settlement in Florida. What a trip we embark on and it sure isn’t what you expect, one bombshell after another, and you never know where you are going to end up, or if all will survive.
This is a love story, but includes many people to get to the end, and you will keep guessing who the couple is and how it is going to conclude.
Amy
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Arms of Mercy is the second installment from Ruth Reid’s Amish Mercies series. I had no problem getting through the first 2/3 of the book, but the storyline slowed way down for me. I lost interest for a little while until I was closer to the end. So glad I pushed through to find out what happened in the end.

Though I did enjoy Arms of Mercy, I did not enjoy it as much as the first in the series, Abiding Mercy. I give this one 3 1/2 stars. I look forward to see what happens next in the next Amish
Melissa
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it Ruth Reid did it agine first story was my favorite of hers, this is even better I couldn't put it down. Love the settings to the story, my favorite character was actually Elijah for he was determined to find Catherine! Why he had to find her you will have to find out when you read the story. This cover to is so very pretty.... favor this series a lot. hope there will be more to it .I have received ARC copy for A honest review! I will tell you I love it...fantastic job Ruth Reid!!!
Heather 123
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book....you were able to read what happens when an Amish couple are courting for a long time and marriage does not happen. I liked that the author wrote about the frustration that Catherine experienced in waiting for Zach to decide if he was going to propose. As well as the jealousy and worry that Catherine felt as she watched her friends marry off.

My heart broke for Elijah even though at first you really want to hate him for the way he left Catherine so suddenly. The sel
Lucy
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully broken.....beautifully written! Catherine is heartbroken again and decides to take control of her life and leave Michigan to help her cousin in her bakery in Florida. Elijah, her ex has just returned and decides to follow her to right the wrongs he has caused in the past. What ensues keeps you on the edge of your seat and unable to put down as you must discover the outcome. Be prepared to stay up late to finish. Ruth Reid has a way with words that draws you in from the beginning and ...more
Kristina
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Arms of Mercy by Ruth Reid is the second An Amish Mercies Novel. Catherine Glick is hoping her boyfriend of five years, Zach will propose to her on New Year’s Eve. Her old beau, Elijah Graber arrives bringing up old feeling in Catherine along with resentment and anger. When her cousin from Sarasota writes about needing help in the bakery, Catherine decides it is providence. Elijah knows that he has hurt Catherine and he would like the opportunity to explain his actions. The bus trip will allow t ...more
Lisa Johnson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Title: Arms of Mercy ( An Amish Mercies Novel #2)
Author: Ruth Reid
Pages: 352
Year: 2018
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
My rating: 5 out of 5
Catherine Glick is the main female character in book two, which is the sequel to the first book, Abiding Mercy. Catherine is an older single lady in the Amish community. She knows her biological click is ticking, and she wants children. So, in a moment of weakness, she asks the young man she has been seeing for years, but his response is not what she expected. On top
Jeanie
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Not all of her memory had been lost-deep down she knew God. He was part of her past. Thrilled about her recent recollection, her outlook brightened. She remembered something; she was a child of God. Then again, perhaps it wasn't a memory from her past at all. Perhaps that knowledge was something innate to every believer. God was past, present and future all in one - that she remembered. God has you, and He won't let go. Arms of mercy.

Catherine Glick like most Amish women dream of being married
Fizzy
Classifying a Ruth Reid book as 'Amish Fiction' or 'Amish Romance' doesn't begin to scratch the surface of what this woman brings to the pages. I mean, yes it is about the Amish. Yes, it is fiction. Yes, it's got romance. But, but, but. . . There are so many more layers of depth and sub-genres and even sub-sub-sub genres of plot in each of her books. She gives me intrigue without suspense or mystery. She brings subtle spiritual depth that if you don't know what that is you will miss it entirely ...more
Wendy
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB

He lost her once to a rash decision.

He will not lose her again.

On the eve of a new year, Catherine Glick is expection her bu of five years to propose. Instead, the unexpected arrival of an old boyfriend, Elijah, sends her life spiraling out of control. When a rash decision damages her current relationship, Catherine leaves for Florida to work in her cousin's bakery---anything to flee the source of her shame.

Elijah Graber knows he hurt Catherine when he left their Amish dist
Pam Pavkov
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arms of Mercy is an amazing book written by Ruth Reid. She has once again out done herself with writing this story that is full of hope, love, and especially faith. I love this book immensly. This book grabbed me from the front cover and I was sad when it ended. I wanted it to go on forever.

Ruth wtites her stories with the faintest hint of a mysterious person leaving you to wonder when he would make an appearance again. This story has a quality all its own. The storyline is absolutely heartwarmi
Patti Whitson Stephenson
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an unusual Amish romance with just a small touch of the supernatural added. The story took several unexpected turns and I was very interested in seeing what happened to Catherine and Elijah. I felt as if there were two parts to this book, although the author did not designate it that way. There was one small section that I thought slowed the story down just a bit too much, but I’m glad that I kept reading to the conclusion. I did not realize that this was the second in a series until I h ...more
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arms of Mercy is the second book in the Amish Mercy series by Ruth Reid. Ms. Reid writes amazing characters into each of her stories. I loved how the research behind this story was so thorough because it kept me in the story and turning the pages. Not only are the characters well written, but so is the plot. Between a love story and a mystery, this book turns the page all on its own.

Get ready to spend the rest of your day starting and finishing this book because you won't be able to put it down
Marilyn
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, amish-genre

Arms of Mercy was fast paced initially, but it seemed to slow down later due to a tragic accident. The hero and heroine had a lot to overcome after an accident while traveling to Florida. Their injuries and separation caused deep despair to Jacob. Reid’s writing with an angel appearing left messages for each one that provided reassurance but doubt at times. The new characters in the last part of the book provided some unexpected twists and turns. Fans of Ruth Reid will want to read her latest bo
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I am a huge fan of Ried's and I was not disappointed with her latest. I was hooked from the first chapter.
Catherine and Elijah have the best story and you are going to love the twists an turns in this one. I want to share it with everyone. Don't miss this 4.5 star book, its a first in a new series so hurry and get your copy.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher. A favorable review was not required and all reviews expressed are our own.
Jen.
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Ruth Reid's Amish books are always so unique! I don't want to give any spoilers away. My review will be brief.

This book was:
* Filled with many prayers and strong faith
* Definitely a page turner
* Suspenseful and romantic
* Featured great characters (Elijah being my absolute favorite!)

You'll definitely want to read this book! I absolutely enjoyed this one! While it is the second in a series, it stands alone quite nicely. But why not read the first book anyway because it was awesome too!

I can't wai
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Ash Luna
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Arms of Mercy was an unexpected love story to which I can say threw me in a fit of upset and a distraught state. Ruth took heart break to its fullest when it comes to an Amish romance book and it took miles and miles to get to the happiest place. Ruth Reid you seriously have a way with words and know how to put a not in my stomach and pray up above that the end will turn out okay!
Pat
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful story of God' intervention to help two people find their way back to each other.
Carolyn Vandine west
Very interesting book. I don’t want to ruin the storyline too much. Catherine fears she is going to be an old maid which prompts her to propose to her boyfriend of many years. At the same time her cousin in Florida asked her to come help her with baking at her restaurant.
She does not make it to Florida, but you will need to read the book to find out why. Good story I enjoyed it very much.
Sheila
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

If you enjoy reading Amish Fiction you are probably already familiar with Ruth Reid. She is a very skilled author in bringing to life and insight of the daily life of the Amish community. Her books are always filled with deep faith, a touch of romance and well developed characters. You can always expect a few unexpected twists that keep you guessing as well.

Arms of Mercy was a very enjoyable read and the cover is absolutely beautiful! Highly recommended for Amish fiction lovers!

*Thanks to booklo
Lori
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was delighted to be invited to read this awesome new novel by Ruth Reid.
I really liked this book!
However; Abiding Mercy will remain my favorite.
The only thing I didn't really like about the book was that I thought there were some scenes that were too drawn out. In other words I thought that Ruth focused on too much of one thing.
Elijah and Catherine are great people. I thought they were very brave!!
In light of all that has happened throughout this story I think I'd be afraid to travel again if
Sunnie
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did I love this book? Yes, I did. I am not going to write the details of it, because the synopsis was really well written and tells what you need to know.

As I was reading through some of the trials Elijah and Catharine went through, the tender mercies that they received, reminded me that we are not alone in what we have to go through in life. It was a sweet reminder that there is a higher Being that knows everything we need to make it through our trials.

It was a very sweet read and I really was
JoAnn
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Arms of Mercy is a beautifully written inspirational romance with a bit of mystery. Loved the plot and the well developed characters. Ruth Reid always delivers a good read and this book was no exception. I highly recommend this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Ours for a Season
  • An Amish Family
  • Beneath the Summer Sun (Every Amish Season, #2)
  • Amish Celebrations: Four Novellas
  • Room on the Porch Swing (Amish Homestead #2)
  • Meek and Mild (Amish Turns of Time #2)
  • A Wish on Gardenia Street (Amish Brides of Pinecraft #2.5)
  • Christmas at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #2)
  • Marrying Jonah

Ruth Reid is a CBA and ECPA best-selling author of the Heaven on Earth series. She's a full-time pharmacist who resides in Florida with her husband and three children.

Amish Mercies (2 books)
  • Abiding Mercy (Amish Mercies, #1)